/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What is your ideal house??

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
05-20-2007, 09:50 PM
Realistically speaking, what would you want in it?? how many rooms upstairs and downstairs?? any particular features you've always wanted?? or dont like in most houses??

Would it be near a populated area?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muezzin
05-20-2007, 10:03 PM
Ever heard of the Batcave? That's the life. It's got everything; cool technology, nature, great wildlife and a cool car.

'Abd al-Baari
05-20-2007, 10:08 PM
:sl:

:D:D:p:p

lol..no i'd be happy with having any house...like the bro said simplicity is best

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
05-20-2007, 10:15 PM
That's the Queen's home mon.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Khayal
05-20-2007, 10:17 PM

Ideal house, hmmmmmm....in my opinion an ideal house is where you are happy, no matter how big, mansion or small hut...

:w:

SUMMAYAH
05-20-2007, 10:18 PM
When I was a kid I always wanted to live in a house like the one Hansle and Grettle found in the woods...The one made of sweets........:D

Now I just think it would be quite sickening.......

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
05-20-2007, 10:54 PM
ok can ebbrrrybody give more detail and be a lil realistic.

Muezzin
05-20-2007, 10:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SUMMAYAH
When I was a kid I always wanted to live in a house like the one Hansle and Grettle found in the woods...The one made of sweets........:D

Now I just think it would be quite sickening.......
Not to mention dangerous, what with the child-eating witch inhabiting it.

doodlebug
05-20-2007, 11:09 PM
Having owned two houses so far I can realistically describe what I want:

1) one floor house....I hate going up and down stairs.
2) one that does not flood (mine floods twice/year) or have an infestation of insects (don't even ask+o( )
3) CLEAN. I can't stress that enough. Even the smallest of houses look so inviting when they are clutter free and clean.
4) enough storage in the kitchen.
5) nice little garden that I can tinker with
6) most importantly...........something I've never had and always wished to have..........a prayer room!!!!!!

When I pray I do it in my bedroom and I have the hardest time concentrating because when I am down on the rug I am looking at dustbunnies, dirty laundry in the hamper, etc. I need a serene place to pray that is soley dedicated to praying and reading.

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
05-20-2007, 11:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by doodlebug
Having owned two houses so far I can realistically describe what I want:

1) one floor house....I hate going up and down stairs.
2) one that does not flood (mine floods twice/year) or have an infestation of insects (don't even ask+o( )
3) CLEAN. I can't stress that enough. Even the smallest of houses look so inviting when they are clutter free and clean.
4) enough storage in the kitchen.
5) nice little garden that I can tinker with
6) most importantly...........something I've never had and always wished to have..........a prayer room!!!!!!

When I pray I do it in my bedroom and I have the hardest time concentrating because when I am down on the rug I am looking at dustbunnies, dirty laundry in the hamper, etc. I need a serene place to pray that is soley dedicated to praying and reading.

Jazzak'Allah, May Allah reward you with a house to meet your needs in dunya and in jannah.

Good explanation, that's what I wanted to see :D

Strzelecki
05-21-2007, 09:24 AM
I went on a display home hop yesterday. I love the modern squarish design. :)
The hallways and stuff were kinda reminiscent of mazes. It was brilliant. I easily [if it were possible] could have just moved straight into any of the oen's I visited. :D
I have something against big open speaces. :P Small and cramped is the ticket. *laughing* But not heaps small.
I hope I didn't confuse you guys! I know what I'm getting at! :P :lol:

Snowflake
05-21-2007, 09:52 AM
cool thread!

OK, my ideal house or should I say one of my ideal houses, as I'm a bit of a gypsy at heart, would be a simple mud hut with a thatched roof. There'd be a stove to cook on and floor bedding - not much else. The location would be near a river and jungle without wild animals lol. There'd be birds of paradise and exotic flowers. I'd wash my clothes in the river and hunt for food. I wouldn't need a penny to live on. Sometimes I'd cook on a spit outside.

The other part-time house would be a bungalow as I am petrifed of stairs. I have visions of myself falling. So, anyway this house would have all the mod cons and a gorgeous patio with french doors and flowing voiles. This would open out to a beautiful terrace where they be a patio-set and a lovely landscaped garden. There'd be a huge wooden swing, with vine growing up the poles - just like princesses have in fairytales. I'd have maids, chauffeur and a shopper to do all the boring jobs. There'd be a room for everything. Like a walk in closet, a utility room, enuff storage. Basically everything a woman wants.

And my third house, would be mobile for when I need a change of scenery.

OMG! I forgot about my ultimate dream home. Well this one would be situated in a mountainous region. Right infront of the house would be a lake of crystal waters and behind the lake would be snow-capped mountains. It'd be sort of open-plan, so I could see the views and sunset/rise from anywhere in the house. The walls would be mostly, glass from floor to ceiling with sheer voiles draped around them. All my furniture would be expensive and elegant, like modern princesses home. I won't describe more cuz it'll get too long. But I think I'll need a helicopter to get anywhere.

Well, OK, I have these fantasies now and then. But ultimately I'm not bothered and would rather Allah gives me beautiful home in Jannah instead. InshaAllah.

Dawud_uk
05-21-2007, 10:04 AM
assalaamu alaykum,

a small cottage, surrounded with a garden on one side with some fruit trees and a plot of land at the back for growing vegetables. a few goats and lots of chickens, all this surrounded by a small holding of whatever crops grow in the area i am living in.

the cottage i would want to be stone to last, small windows and doors to decrease heat loss and perhaps even covered with earth and grass to make it even more energy efficient.

but i wouldnt want it totally spartan, i would want it to be attractive and hence why stone also with small pane glass windows like you see on old english cottages.

i would want two sitting rooms, or one sitting room and one larger expanded kitchen with a sitting room attached so could have sisters and brothers sitting seperately if have guests over.

the kitchen i would want something large with a big oak kitchen table, plenty of surfaces and a big wood stove as well as a gas cooker for one the gas runs out with the oil.

would want one bathroom, linked to a cystern tank to reuse the water and collect the 'night soil' to fertilise the ground around the house. but would also want a seperate bathroom!

bedrooms? would want several as planning a large family insha'allah and would want to help any children get married early even if that meant having them live with us whilst still in education. but with some cottages you can also build on extensions for others and keep it expanding.

over all... think a small version of bag-end but probably built somewhere in nwfp!

assalaamu alaykum,
Abu Abdullah

aLiTTLeTiMe
05-21-2007, 10:07 AM
just one room,kitchen and bathroom&toilet..it is enough for me :)

SUMMAYAH
05-21-2007, 10:13 AM
wow!
I think all the ideal homes have already been described.........

well there's one thing.......a games arcade in place of the kitchen would be nice........:D

Snowflake
05-21-2007, 10:19 AM
^Lol@games arcade

That reminds me I want snooker/pool table too.

Prisca
05-21-2007, 10:32 AM
I want it to be in the English country side, 2 floors, a white fence, gardens in the back and front, a little kitchen, 3 bedrooms
and the most important thing
A LIBRARY!!
lots and lots of books!

aamirsaab
05-21-2007, 10:37 AM
4 walls
1 Roof
1 Bed (optional)

I live a simple life.

Musaafirah
05-21-2007, 10:39 AM
Ideal house? Impossible for me..I guess I have too many wishes
But realistically, I would love a detached house, with enclosure, big front garden with enough parking space..Big rear garden with swings and slides (I'm a kid at heart)
Inside, well enough rooms to be spacious and look clutter free, with looooads of storage, and yeah, like sis doodlebug, a prayer room..preferably nice and roomy :)

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
05-21-2007, 10:44 AM
Keep the imagination going lol

Liked the Muslimah_sis and Dawud's explanations...

A little clean water stream near the home and a spot where you can sit a view beautiful scenery are two things I would love.

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
05-21-2007, 10:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab
4 walls
1 Roof
1 Bed (optional)

I live a simple life.
No bathroom? or kitchen

00:00
05-21-2007, 11:06 AM
A bungalow.

aamirsaab
05-21-2007, 11:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by DaNgErOuS MiNdS
No bathroom? or kitchen
Bath - jump in rain

Kitchen - phone up Halaal take away.

Just joking. I'd be content with a standard house, with the smallest garden possible (I detest gardening!)

Snowflake
05-21-2007, 11:42 AM
^wouldn't a small garden make you feel claustrophobic? You can get a gardener to do your lawn once in a while.

HBot 5000
05-21-2007, 12:00 PM

The only way to live. Central London! :thumbs_up

1. Huge bathroom.
2. I open space living room connected with kitchen
3. Balcony with a view over central London

Heaven :)

Snowflake
05-21-2007, 12:04 PM
^do you see smog when you look out the window? :embarrass

HBot 5000
05-21-2007, 12:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah_Sis
^do you see smog when you look out the window? :embarrass

Thats is the downside sister but on a beautiful sunny day .. wow! :)

Snowflake
05-21-2007, 12:10 PM
^cool! Must look nice at night with all the light etc...

HBot 5000
05-21-2007, 12:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah_Sis
^cool! Must look nice at night with all the light etc...

It does :thumbs_up , the buzz of city living!

Mawaddah
05-21-2007, 01:03 PM

Great thread!

I've dreamed about what I want my house to be for yearssssssszzzz.

So its' going to be a one floor house, After living in a double story house I'm just sick of going up and down the stairs. But I guess it is good excercise for the legs lol but No double story house for me when I build mine Insha'allah!!

It's going to have a biiiiig yard/garden surrounding it, there's going to be a fish pond at one end and I'm going to put fishies in it so that I can go fishing there (lol, I am too scared to go boating for real fishing, I get nauseous), then there's going to be willow trees and all sorts of big overhanging trees all over the garden so it'll be nice and shady inshaa'allah.

I'm going to string me up a hammock, and I'll have a swing set for me, not my kids, just MINE ( I love swings :-[ ) the kids can go and rig up their own lol oh yes! and I want to have a big loooooooooong driveway so that I can go rollerblading within the safety of my garden walls :p.

Then of course, there's going to be a patio with a pool insha'allah (I hate alot of stuff about my house now but that's one thing I love) and there'll be a gazebbo with a barbecue pit inside it and all so that I can invite my girlfriends over for a bbq :D

As for the house itself? Well I dont like the idea of having a maid coming in to help me clean, and I'm not any superwoman so the house has to be big, but still small enough for me to clean without getting winded. Maybe a 3 bedroom would be good. I would like a Big living room, there has to be two of those living rooms though because there has to be one for men and one for women, I'm going to decorate them Arabic style, you know, the Cushions on the ground and all of that, and I'll have those bead curtains over the doorways to the living rooms with lots and lots of cushions :D

A BIG BIG kitchen, because I love cooking and there is no way I can enjoy cooking in a tiny kitchen, it's going to have all the modern gadgets and all of that, although at times I think I would like to have an old fashioned kitchen because they look so nice, but then I shudder because they are one big headache to clean, so modern it is! with huge windows and flowers growing at the sills......

And most importantly, My study, I'm going to fill it up with books insha'allah and it's going to be a bare and simple room except for my desk and chair and all of my books Insha'allah.

I've rambled on long enough. I'll stop.

Woodrow
05-21-2007, 01:17 PM
An old farm house far enough from the nearest neighbor that I can not hear if he is target shooting in his back yard.. I'm actually quite a hermit. Although I am slowly having to adapt to city life. But, my dream will always be to return to the woods.

Cities are a nice place to get out of and return to the quiet of country life. My second Wife and myself actually lived in a tent for a year as we were clearing land and building our house. It was quite comfortable and very peacefull.

tomtomsmom
05-21-2007, 03:30 PM
I don't want a house, more like a compound. I would like about 100 acres with 2 houses on it. One for me and my family, one for my mother to live in after she can no longer live alone. They would be connected but seperate living spaces. Make sense? I would have a large kitchen with 2 ovens and lots of storage. My bathroom would have a tub big enough for 2! Nice big open spaces throughout the house. My husband would have his "man room" and I would have my sewing/reading room. There would be a large pool in the back that I could go swimming in without worries of anyone seeing me.
I would have a shooting range and a garden(for my mother, I can kill fake plants!)

Ohh and there would be trails all throughout the property that we could go ride 4-wheelers on.

Man that would be great!!!!!

doodlebug
05-21-2007, 04:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aLiTTLeTiMe
just one room,kitchen and bathroom&toilet..it is enough for me :)
My husband has your avatar on his wall in his house. :) There's something unique about it but I forget what it is...maybe that it's made from all of the words of the shahada? Anyway it's made of a gold-like material, though it's not gold.

To keep that kind of on-topic...I"d like that in my living room wall. :)

IbnAbdulHakim
08-23-2007, 03:50 PM
a farm... where you can enjoy the fruits of your own labour in full and live a peaceful minimalistic non-materialistic life

Salaam
08-23-2007, 03:59 PM
i dont realy know what i want in a house, but my ideal house will be in Jannah insha'allah.

rozeena
08-23-2007, 04:06 PM
inshallah we'll all have a small house in jannah inshallah

abu abdurrahman
08-23-2007, 04:11 PM
1. Marble Floors with under floor heating.
2. Ceiling to floor Windows
3. Balconies
4. Roof terrace.
5. Huge private garden (overlooking the ocean of course)

Most of all I wish that Allah would grant me the patience to be content with and thankful for, what He has given me.

وَالْآخِرَةُ خَيْرٌ وَأَبْقَى

although the Hereafter is better and more lasting

ahsan28
08-23-2007, 04:15 PM
A small house in some hilly terrian, away from the worries of the civilised world, where I could gaze at the serenity of nature :D

------
08-23-2007, 04:24 PM
:salamext:

In the countryside, with my own little family, cut off from everyone. In other words, peace.

Salaam
08-23-2007, 04:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by rozeena
;D, We are not going to have a small house, we're going to have a enormous palace insha'allah.

IbnAbdulHakim
08-23-2007, 05:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by rozeena
LOL NOPE !!!

if u wanna talk jannah then i want the HUUUUUUUUGEST palace made of marbles, i wanna look at the floor and see a beautiful material NOT GLASS but yet so clean that you can see the rivers of milk and honey flowing right below. I want rooms so huge that the dimensions cannot withhold them, i want the beautifullest children at the entrance of every door greeting us, oh man i cud go on and on !

but in jannah i want it BIIIG :D

Intisar
08-23-2007, 10:01 PM
:sl: My ideal house would consist of 5 bedrooms, a den, 3 washrooms, a garage and a basement for guests/other family members. I want a very big family insha'allah so a big house that can accomodate all of us would be ideal. I have a really big family so not having enough space is definitely annoying. Insha'allah I will not run into such a problem. :statisfie

chaste
08-23-2007, 11:33 PM
my ideal home would be house with three bedrooms at least, big! sitting room big! kitchen big! two bathrooms big! i don't mind upstairs downstairs. a passage long and big! and a huge garden for my kids to run around in! big! :giggling: :D :okay:

rozeena
08-24-2007, 08:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
LOL NOPE !!!

if u wanna talk jannah then i want the HUUUUUUUUGEST palace made of marbles, i wanna look at the floor and see a beautiful material NOT GLASS but yet so clean that you can see the rivers of milk and honey flowing right below. I want rooms so huge that the dimensions cannot withhold them, i want the beautifullest children at the entrance of every door greeting us, oh man i cud go on and on !

but in jannah i want it BIIIG :D
aww. yeh bt to be honest i wudnt even mind having a tiny house in jannah as im sure even the tinest thing their will be mind blowing, sumfing we can not imagine( obviosli)

ummAbdillah
08-24-2007, 10:58 AM
edit

cute123
05-27-2008, 11:49 AM
Ideally , i would like to live in villages, a house surrounded by nature, nearby mountains, river flowing, gr8 amount of trees, and like all hallal source of food. where by may be we ourself cultivate our lands, and grow food. and a house that suffices the need of the family. surrounded by people that are islamic ,the ones that those help each other to grow in Islam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.