View Full Version : iNdIa

Abdul-Raouf
05-21-2007, 03:38 AM
Your thoughts abt India....
...Tell ur experiences in India....

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
wilberhum
05-21-2007, 03:44 AM
I lived and worked in Nodia for 3 months. It was amazing. I would love to go back. I thought the Hindus were really interesting people.

north_malaysian
05-21-2007, 03:51 AM
Never been there... but love to visit.

Lots of my friends who have been to India suggest me to visit Kerala.

Strzelecki
05-21-2007, 09:24 AM
Never been. But I would *love* to visit, someday.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Prisca
05-21-2007, 09:56 AM
nah, never been there
but it's on my list of places I HAVE TO visit:thumbs_up

aLiTTLeTiMe
05-21-2007, 10:03 AM
nice place.I am thinking...

Pk_#2
05-21-2007, 11:22 AM
I can't memba probs went when i was young :oS

JJ did we go? lol

Snowflake
05-21-2007, 11:39 AM
^lol@Maliha ;D

I wanna visit the Taj Mahal one day and see it's architectural brilliance. I heard Shah-Jahan had the workers fingers chooped off after it was built so that they couldn't make another one like it. :offended:

SUMMAYAH
05-21-2007, 12:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah_Sis

I heard Shah-Jahan had the workers fingers chooped off after it was built so that they couldn't make another one like it. :offended:
The freak!
Thats a good enough reason for me to boycott the place........

HBot 5000
05-21-2007, 12:29 PM
:sl:

Not yet but i am thinking of visiting Goa in a few years,

:w:

S_87
05-21-2007, 12:37 PM

no ive never visited india :)

Mawaddah
05-21-2007, 12:43 PM

I so totally want to go there!

My father was there for a while, and My uncle too, they studied there.

They say it's a fascinating place.

And My GreatGrandad is from there.

All the more reason I want to visit :D

Nawal89
05-21-2007, 01:05 PM
Visiting india one day is one my have-to-do list . :D

InshaAllah when the time comes i'll definately visit!

LFC
05-21-2007, 01:15 PM
Been twice already, and I'm 18!

Hope to go within the next two years, along with Umrah or Hajj inshallah.

It's a nice old country, too warm and mucky in some places though. You get loads of lizards and big beetles in the house at night, it's disgusting!

'Abd al-Baari
05-21-2007, 02:44 PM

I've been to India twice...once when i was only 5 and the second time when i was 8..straight after Umrah..Alhamdulillah

Mashallah it was fun but can't remember much anyways :(:D

Pk_#2
05-21-2007, 03:42 PM
AsalamuALaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh Wa Maghfiratuh,

You did Umrah when you was 8!!! Alhamdhulillah

I can understand India BUH UMRAH!! :eek:

'Abd al-Baari
05-21-2007, 03:54 PM

Yeh Mashallah i was very lucky and the last time i went umrah was last year when i was 13, Alhamdulillah

Pk_#2
05-21-2007, 04:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullah2907

Yeh Mashallah i was very lucky and the last time i went umrah was last year when i was 13, Alhamdulillah
AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wanarakatuh Wa Magfiratuh,

Oh your a baby..mashaAllah :)

How many times do people go :rollseyes Give your elders a chance :p

Nah you've been blessed i guess, it was written for you to go, remmember that Allah (swt) granted you to go and some die never seeing the house of Allah )Swt) :laugh:

Now who wants ta go india? lol when you think of soooooooo many other places we NEED to go :-[

Curaezipirid
05-22-2007, 07:06 AM
Salam,

India is a place I have not yet been at, but I would love to travel to, because my father and mother introduced me to many Indian and Pakistani friends when I was a young child. When I was growing up my favourite foods were all Indian, but especially dahl and yogurt. My family usually only ate normal Aussie tucker, from mainstream Australia, but when in company of their Indian and Pakistani friends we ate so very well. My mother became adept at Indian style cookery.

(she also cooks Greek style from her ancestry, and when I studied her cooking to get to be a better food preparer myself, the Greek and Indian styles came together into a Persian style in my kitchen, that was after I began to pray with the Ummah but before I knew I had been entering into a Muslim teaching)

When I was in China, other travellers said China seems so English after India, and I love the idea of being surrounded by the full sensory input of Indian company. I am well attuned with the aspects of Aboriginal Australian teaching which are more like part of the Vedas than any other written text. One beginning with telling to start with pronouncing Ohm

maybe I can travel there one day inshallah Salam

IceQueen~
05-22-2007, 02:23 PM
I don't know much about India except my grandparents are from there

but the only stories I've heard (when grandma talks about her early life) is about how they had to run for their lives during the India/Pak war

It was horrible- the trains, the blood... a nightmare
But obviously they loved their home but had to leave
some of the familiy never escaped....
loads of people got lost

as for now I don't know what the situation is esp with war on the horizon...

But there's a hadeeth in bukhari about India
something like: the Muslims will conquer India and bring it's kings in chains (ie they will become Muslim)

There are dif hadeeth, some like the two groups Allah will save from the hellfire are the ones who will conquer India (anyone who fights in this war will be known as the one 'freed' from Hell) and the ones who will be waiting with Imam Mahdi in Damascus for Prophet Isa (p) to descend..

Also that when the Muslims come back from India victorious, they will find Isa (p) descended in Syria- this indicates that it will be around the time of Dajjal...?

Peace

------
05-22-2007, 02:27 PM
:salamext:

Provide the Hadith references please, Jazaak Allaah Khayr.

IceQueen~
05-22-2007, 02:50 PM
:sl: Conquest of India:

Thawban - may Allah be pleased with him - that the Messenger of Allah (sallallahu 'alaihi wa sallam) said,

"Two groups of my Ummah Allah has protected from the hellfire: a group that will conquer India and a group that will be with 'Eessa son of Maryam - 'alaihimas- salat was-salaam."

(Ahmad, an-Nisa'i, and at-Tabarani.)

Na'im son of Hammad in al-Fitan reports that Abu Hurayrah - may Allah be pleased with him - said that the Messenger of Allah (sallallahu 'alaihi wa sallam) mentioned India and said,

"A group of you will conquer India, Allah will open for them [India] until they come with its kings chained - Allah having forgiven their sins - when they return back [from India], they will find son of Maryam in Syria."

While Abu Hurayrah said, "The Messenger of Allah (sallallahu 'alaihi wa sallam) promised us the conquest of India. If I was to come across that I will spend my soul and wealth. If I am killed then I am among the best of martyrs. And if I return then I am Abu Hurayrah the freed."

(Ahmad, an-Nisa'i, and al-Hakim.)

north_malaysian
05-24-2007, 01:34 AM
Thank you LI-staff.... God bless you.

wilberhum
05-24-2007, 01:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by IceQueen~
:sl: Conquest of India:

Thawban - may Allah be pleased with him - that the Messenger of Allah (sallallahu 'alaihi wa sallam) said,

"Two groups of my Ummah Allah has protected from the hellfire: a group that will conquer India and a group that will be with 'Eessa son of Maryam - 'alaihimas- salat was-salaam."

(Ahmad, an-Nisa'i, and at-Tabarani.)

Na'im son of Hammad in al-Fitan reports that Abu Hurayrah - may Allah be pleased with him - said that the Messenger of Allah (sallallahu 'alaihi wa sallam) mentioned India and said,

"A group of you will conquer India, Allah will open for them [India] until they come with its kings chained - Allah having forgiven their sins - when they return back [from India], they will find son of Maryam in Syria."

While Abu Hurayrah said, "The Messenger of Allah (sallallahu 'alaihi wa sallam) promised us the conquest of India. If I was to come across that I will spend my soul and wealth. If I am killed then I am among the best of martyrs. And if I return then I am Abu Hurayrah the freed."

(Ahmad, an-Nisa'i, and al-Hakim.)

Conquest? I thought ALL actions were defensize.

snakelegs
05-24-2007, 02:11 AM
no, never been to india. would like to though - i think it's fascinating country - so many different kinds of people and languages.

north_malaysian
05-24-2007, 02:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
no, never been to india. would like to though - i think it's fascinating country - so many different kinds of people and languages.
And you can speak one of those languages right? ... Urdu.:D

I love Indian food, and hoping could get good briani rice, chuppati and dosai. :okay:

snakelegs
05-24-2007, 02:28 AM
i wish - i am struggling!
yeah, i like indian food too - and hindustani classical music.

north_malaysian
05-24-2007, 05:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
i wish - i am struggling!
yeah, i like indian food too - and hindustani classical music.
I would love to search for authentic indian cuisines as all indian food in Malaysia have extra-chillis in them (Malaysian people love to eat things that can make fire come out from their mouths, eg. the latest Pizza Sambal from Pizza Hut).....:exhausted

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.