/* */

PDA

View Full Version : IIU can anyone help...?

AnonymousPoster
05-22-2007, 01:20 PM
:sl:

I'm thinking (so don't jump to any big conclusions:rollseyes) of studying at Islamabad International University...

So I was wondering if anyone knows anything about it- as in PERSONAL EXPERIENCE (please don't give web links) about what it like there- education quality etc

Esp the Arabic BA course...? Anyone done this/know anyone else who's done/doing this?
Whats it like? How much arabic do you have to know previously? What exactly do they study?

I've heard this uni does the same stuff as madinah uni...? Does madinah uni also have BA, MA, Phd in Aarbic...?

Jazakallah khair

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
bint_muhammed
05-22-2007, 06:12 PM
i think i kno you is it who i think it is?

Re.TiReD
05-24-2007, 12:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Anonymous Tester

I'm thinking (so don't jump to any big conclusions:rollseyes) of studying at Islamabad International University...

So I was wondering if anyone knows anything about it- as in PERSONAL EXPERIENCE (please don't give web links) about what it like there- education quality etc

Esp the Arabic BA course...? Anyone done this/know anyone else who's done/doing this?
Whats it like? How much arabic do you have to know previously? What exactly do they study?

I've heard this uni does the same stuff as madinah uni...? Does madinah uni also have BA, MA, Phd in Aarbic...?

Jazakallah khair

Nah Sorry, cant help you out there sis...you wanna know why?? coz I may be joinin ya! hehe :X but dont worry...I'm thinkin the same things too... :blind: lol

format_quote Originally Posted by bint_muhammed
i think i kno you is it who i think it is?
No pagal....it aint me!! :D :D

AnonymousPoster
05-24-2007, 12:49 PM
:salamext:

Yipeeeee!!
come join me then InshaAllah!!!

but does anyone else have any info?

I've been trying to phone and wow! erm anyways I FINALLY managed to get through to the top...

From what I've gathered (from the phone calls and the web) the BA is 4 yrs

yr 1- the languages yr -2 options

1- beginners who don't know arabic/that much arabic do a grounding yr
2- ppl who've done arabic b4- readings in dif texts classical/contemporary

but the first yr (whichever one u do) doesn't count to ur actual BA (the credits I mean)

(and you can do a test if u already know loads of arabic and actually skip this yr out altogether)

the remaining three yrs consist of dif subjects thats u study IN ARABIC
(social studies, pakistan studies etc and u have options from dif stuff like dif periods of islamic history, and usool al-din, fiqh and u have to do Hifdh of the last three juz' etc)

Then they have MA...2 yrs
But from what I've gathered if you've done a BA somewhere else then you have to do the MA Provisional year or something first b4 going into the main MA program

What I DON'T understand (still) is that there are THREE different types of MA Provisional...

What are the three dif types for?! Looking at the syllabus I can see that one type caters for English too (yep thats the other thing- you study English in the BA too), but I don't really understand the dif between the rest...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Re.TiReD
05-24-2007, 01:32 PM
YA ALLAH! :skeleton: you've got me sooooo confused!! you're gonna hafta explain that in MY language! lol :D

AnonymousPoster
05-25-2007, 11:16 AM

I mean the BA Arabic degree is FOUR years (and it includes english language too)

the first of these is called the languages year

in the languages year these is a choice- foundation and advanced

foundation is for those who have little or no previous arabic

advanced is for those who are more advanced in arabic

This LANGUAGES year can even be skipped altogether if someone already knows LOTS of Arabic because the credits don't count towards the actual BA degree

then after this you have MA degree in Arabic
with the MA if you have done Arabic BA from THIS uni then you go straight into regular MA

BUT if you haven't done a BA from this uni, but you have a BA in something else then to do MA at this uni you have to do a provisional year

there are three dif types of provisional yrs for the MA

(I don't get what is for what either so I'm not gonna explain:p)

S_87
05-25-2007, 01:16 PM

are you in the uk? theres quite a few arabic degrees on offer at leeds uni, theyll send you abroad (likely to be egypt or morocco as far as i recall) for a year also?

Rafeeq
05-26-2007, 09:45 AM
i do not know, i m sorry, LOL

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!