/* */

PDA

View Full Version : "...Worry about your own self!"

Ibn Abi Ahmed
05-23-2007, 03:59 AM
:sl:

'Abdullah bin Mas'ud reported that the Messenger of Allah said:
"Verily, the most beloved speech to Allah is the servant's saying: "Glorified are You, O Allah, and to You is the praise, and Blessed is Your Name, and Lofty is Your Majesty, and there is none worthy of worship other than You." [Subhanak Allahumma wa bihamdik wa tabarak asmuk wa ta'ala jadduk wa la ilaha ghayruk]

The most hated speech to Allah is when a man says to another man: "Fear Allah!" and he replies: "Worry about your own self!""
['Silsilat al-Ahadith as-Sahihah'; # 2598]

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
.:Umniyah:.
05-23-2007, 04:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al Madani

'Abdullah bin Mas'ud reported that the Messenger of Allah said:
"Verily, the most beloved speech to Allah is the servant's saying: "Glorified are You, O Allah, and to You is the praise, and Blessed is Your Name, and Lofty is Your Majesty, and there is none worthy of worship other than You." [Subhanak Allahumma wa bihamdik wa tabarak asmuk wa ta'ala jadduk wa la ilaha ghayruk]

The most hated speech to Allah is when a man says to another man: "Fear Allah!" and he replies: "Worry about your own self!""
['Silsilat al-Ahadith as-Sahihah'; # 2598]
oh my SubhanAllah! BarakAllahu feek!! a much needed hadeeth.
:peace:

Maimunah
05-23-2007, 12:36 PM
jazakaAllah khayr bro

:w:

- Qatada -
05-23-2007, 04:55 PM
:wasalamex

Subhanak Allahumma wa bihamdik wa tabarak asmuk wa ta'ala jadduk wa la ilaha ghayruk!

We learnt this when we were kids alhamdulillah! Jazaak Allaah khayr bro. :)

:salamext:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
noodles
05-23-2007, 04:55 PM

I know this hadith is pretty straight-forward, but I was wondering if there was any explanation for this. I think this hadith can be interpreted alot of ways and thus I was wondering if there are any implied meanings to it.

(I mean the 2nd part of the hadith)

And Jazakallah akhee :)

islamirama
05-23-2007, 04:56 PM
Messenger(S): The most beloved of speech to Allaah is when a person says: "Subhaanaka Allaahumma wa bi hamdika, wa tabaaraka ismuka wa taĆ½aala jadduka, wa laa ilaaha ghayruka (Glory and praise be to You, O Allaah, blessed be Your name and exalted be Your majesty, and there is no god but You)." The most hated of speech to Allaah is when one man says to another, "Fear Allaah," and the other says, "Mind your own business!"

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.