/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Family or Friends?

SUMMAYAH
05-23-2007, 12:25 PM
So who's the first person u turn to if u need advice or have a problem? I know it depends on the situation, but i mean in general, like most of the time.

Is this person a member of ur family or a friend? I'm just really interested to know who most of us find it easy to confide in......

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
HBot 5000
05-23-2007, 12:38 PM
:sl:

Definetly not my family! Sometimes a friend but mostly i manage to get by on my own :thumbs_up

:w:

Re.TiReD
05-23-2007, 12:40 PM
A friend..lol...I dont usually need a confidante..I usually need someone to rant at and let it all out to...usually a certain friend coz sometimes I can get abit heated so i'd only talk to her coz she knows me well enough to calm me down...hehe

IbnAbdulHakim
05-23-2007, 12:43 PM
im a bit different lol

there are certain things i'd turn to friends for, but then theres other things i'd turn to family for.

i guess im a mixture, i turn to both when i need them Alhamdulillah

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Re.TiReD
05-23-2007, 12:47 PM
hmm...there are certain things you can only tell certain people...but if you're the eldest like me, you usually end up being a support for others but with nothin left for yourself..lol

SUMMAYAH
05-23-2007, 12:50 PM
b4 I got married it used to be friends for me too........now it's definately family

IbnAbdulHakim
05-23-2007, 12:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *UmmQalam*
hmm...there are certain things you can only tell certain people...but if you're the eldest like me, you usually end up being a support for others but with nothin left for yourself..lol
thats strange.. im the youngest but my brothers and sisters have turned to me a lot. even my cousins Alhamdulillah

Re.TiReD
05-23-2007, 01:08 PM
It depends on each individual I guess...I dont have any older siblings or cousins to speak of but aunties etc have turned to me....but I wouldnt like to burden a youngster with my problems..I guess thats just the way I think...

Woodrow
05-23-2007, 01:18 PM
This is pretty much an age related subject. Children prior to starting school will nearly always turn to family, in the early school years it is a little mixed but still mostly family. In the teen years it is almost exclusivly friends until marriage. after marriage it is usually the spouse for a few years and then spoused, Parents and children. By mid years it becomes nearly total independence with no help sought from any one. Then in the later years it becomes all family again, while there is still some family left, then after the family is all gone. It becomes friends once again.

Re.TiReD
05-23-2007, 01:21 PM
woah!! thats complex! lol am still at the 'telling friends' stage...but from what bro Woodrow said..it sounds a little sad...we only have certain people we can turn to or depend on :cry:

skhalid
05-23-2007, 01:26 PM
my friends coz they always understand and are always their for me when I need them...although it depends on the problem or advice I want, coz I do sometimes tyrn to my family.

MuslimSis&proud
05-23-2007, 01:26 PM
i personally prefer friends that i know really well and trust, as it has always been that way for me, inshAllah maybe one day i may be able to open up to my family but i always feel kinda awkward to speak to them if there’s a problem or im feeling down, i guess its also coz my friends always look to me for advice or to share their problems with, so its easier.

SUMMAYAH
05-23-2007, 08:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
This is pretty much an age related subject. Children prior to starting school will nearly always turn to family, in the early school years it is a little mixed but still mostly family. In the teen years it is almost exclusivly friends until marriage. after marriage it is usually the spouse for a few years and then spoused, Parents and children. By mid years it becomes nearly total independence with no help sought from any one. Then in the later years it becomes all family again, while there is still some family left, then after the family is all gone. It becomes friends once again.
wow! Well I guess that sums up the whole thread then?

Kittygyal
05-23-2007, 09:01 PM
Salamualikum.
No family me have so it's Allah subhnwatallah first then maybe homies
Ma'assalama

Maarya
05-23-2007, 09:30 PM
friends. i hav one friend who knows EVERYTHING about me lol we can just sit there and talk for hours and hours about stuff.
i dnt really hav anyone in my family to talk to coz i have younger siblings/cousins and i dnt really want to talk to the adults.
i hav no-one my age in my family :( i'm all alone lol

seeker_of_ilm
05-23-2007, 09:32 PM

I don't particularly turn to anyone really.

:w:

'Abd al-Baari
05-23-2007, 09:32 PM

Depends on the issue..but usually its friend or my cousin who's the same age as me

Hashim_507
05-23-2007, 09:38 PM
I dont have a lot of family members, but I go to the few that have good relations with me...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.