/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Wudu, sweating, praying

adeel
05-24-2007, 07:26 PM
:sl:
Is it valid to pray your prayer after you have sweated?
because i do wudu and w8 for my next salah, in that period of time i play cricket or football so i start to sweat, then i come home or go to mosque to pray my Salah, is it valid?
or do i have to do my Wudu again?
Jazakallah Kahir. :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
HBot 5000
05-24-2007, 09:01 PM

Changing one’s clothes does not break wudoo’

http://www.islamqa.com/index.php?ln=eng&ds=qa&QR=14321

Question:
I did a search on this site but could not find an answer to my question. My question is regarding wudu. If I change my dress do I break my wudu? Is there any difference in this rule between a woman and a man?

Answer:
Praise be to Allaah.

Changing clothes does not break one’s wudoo’, if the person is in a state of tahaarah (purity) and does not do any of the things that break wudoo’. Men and women are the same in this regard. And Allaah knows best.

The things that break wudoo’ are:

1 – Any discharge from the front or back passage (urine, stools, wind, etc.), except for wind emitted from a woman’s front passage – that does not break wudoo’.

2 – Emission of urine or stools from anywhere other than the urethra or anus.

3 – Losing one’s mind, which may mean losing it altogether by losing one’s mental faculties, which is insanity, or by losing it temporarily for a certain length of time for some reason such as sleep, unconsciousness, intoxication, etc.

4 – Touching one’s penis, because of the hadeeth of Basrah bint Safwaan, who heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say: “Whoever touches his penis, let him do wudoo’.” (narrated by Abu Dawood, al-Tahaarah, 154. al-Albaani said in Saheeh Sunan Abi Dawood, no. 166, it is saheeh).

5 – Eating camel meat, because of the hadeeth of Jaabir ibn Samurah, who said that a man asked the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), “Should we do wudoo’ after eating camel meat?” He said, “Yes.” (Narrated by Muslim, al-Hayd, 539).

It should be noted that touching a woman’s body does not break one’s wudoo’, whether that is done with feelings of desire or otherwise, unless anything is emitted as a result of that touching.

See al-Sharh al-Mumti’ by Ibn ‘Uthaymeen, vol. 1, p. 219-250

Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah, vol. 5, p. 264.

:thumbs_up

:w:

Ummu Sufyaan
05-25-2007, 03:48 AM
:sl: brothers and sisters.
jazakallahu khair for that.
so based on that list, why do some people do wodoo after bleeding excessivley, etc.

HBot 5000
05-25-2007, 06:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by maryam11
:sl: brothers and sisters.
jazakallahu khair for that.
so based on that list, why do some people do wodoo after bleeding excessivley, etc.

TBH Maryam11 we should just except that these are the things that break wudu and act on them appropriately. I don't know the explanation as to why excessive bleeding breaks wudu but i am sure one of the others will enlighten you. I do know that urine is carried in blood and hence is not clean...najaas.

www.islamqa.com to read more on this topic.

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ummu Sufyaan
05-25-2007, 10:33 AM
:sl: brtohers and sisters.
jazakallahu khair.
I do know that urine is carried in blood and hence is not clean...najaas.
i think you may have misunderstood that. urine is not carried in blood. urine is filtered blood. what happens is that your kidney';s filter the blood, and what is left is 'bad blood' which is urine. as for your saying that urine is carried, in blood.

p.s what is TBH, by the way.

Rafeeq
05-25-2007, 08:35 PM
after bleeding u will have to do wudu
and sweating does not affact wudu, but it is better to make wudu b4 going for salat

Kittygyal
05-25-2007, 08:39 PM
Salamualikum.
^ But remember one who sweats often and smells should atleast do ablution again or put some Itr or change clothes. I wouldn't sit dit with someone who smells. *sowiee if i sound kindish harsh*

By the way one needs to do ablution again if there bleeding drips out of place, If it's little and dry and doesn't drip around then thats okay.

Allah knows best.

By the way Brother Adeel best to have a shower once played soccer or any sport because better to be clean right? lol
Ma'assalama

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.