/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I'll try not to giggle...

England
05-24-2007, 10:32 PM
Mobility Scooter Crashes Through Train
Updated: 13:12, Thursday May 24, 2007

An elderly woman drove her mobility scooter on to a train with such force that she crashed through the opposite set of doors and fell on to the track.
The 80-year-old woman, who has not been named, suffered only minor injuries following the incident in South Tyneside.

She drove her buggy - which has a top speed of 8mph - on to the Metro train at Brockley White station.

The scooter carried across the corridor and forced open the opposite set of doors before gettting stuck and tipping her on to the track.

The woman suffered bruising and shock but was released from hospital after treatment.

Metro operator Nexus said no door had ever been forced open on the light railway since the network began 27 years ago and called the incident "unprecedented".

A Nexus spokesman said: "The woman involved was released from hospital the same day after treatment for bruising and shock, and we have kept in touch with her since.

"We launched a thorough investigation into what happened which at this stage indicates the doors were not at fault.

"This incident is unprecedented in Metro history and we are absolutely confident our trains are safe.

"We don't wish to comment further while investigations continue."

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/...267255,00.html

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Pk_#2
05-24-2007, 10:38 PM
:(:ooh:

Peace

England
05-24-2007, 10:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Maliha Misam
:(:ooh:

Peace

Though I'm glad the woman is ok but....

...didn't you find it the slightest bit humourous?:X

iwuvaziaf
05-24-2007, 10:45 PM
lol.. no!

hahahaah! was that sumtin to laff about?

maybe a little! the lady is obviously a racer or summin..

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Pk_#2
05-24-2007, 10:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by England
Though I'm glad the woman is ok but....

...didn't you find it the slightest bit humourous?:X
No

I think if she was my gran i wud have a heart attack :'(

I'm the type that laffs at alot of things but this one kinda freaked me out!

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
05-24-2007, 11:42 PM
Blarrdy ell... lol

Some old people drive crazily, I've nearly been hit a few times.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!