/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I'm sooooooo confused!

anonymous
05-25-2007, 11:26 AM
:sl:

This is a question where i allways wanted to know which one i should do.
Are we sisters allowed to listen and read the quran while we are on menses ??? i dont mean touching the Quran but listen and recite on pc example? is that oke?

I'm sooo confused because i got family member say yes ur allowed and some say no :enough!:
its anoying so i dont no who to ask. :(

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Dagless
05-25-2007, 12:15 PM
I'm pretty sure you can always listen to Quran like from a cd. There is no cleanliness issue relating to that because you are not handling it.

- Qatada -
05-25-2007, 12:16 PM
:salamext:

Menstruating woman touching a CD-ROM containing the Qur’aan and reading Qur’aan from it

Question:

I have just read one of your answers which says that a menstruating woman may not touch the Quran as she is not in the state of purity.
I have a CD-ROM called Alim which contains the complete Quran and Hadith.

Am I allowed to read the Qur'an on my computer as I am not physically touching the book, and would I be allowed to touch the CD-ROM considering the information that the disc holds?
Jazak Allah Khairun

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

Wa ‘alaykum al-salaam wa rahmat-Allaahi wa barakaatuhu.

Given that no Qur’aan appears on the surface of the CD-ROM, the rulings concerning the Mushaf do not apply to it, as is also the case with Qur’aan recorded on audio cassettes. On this basis, there is nothing wrong with you running this CD-ROM and reading Qur’aan from the screen. As for ahaadeeth, the menstruating woman is permitted to touch the books of Hadeeth and to read from them. And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=4643&ln=eng&txt=

MuslimSis&proud
05-25-2007, 01:01 PM
jazakAllah brother for the above info, i've also always been confused as people have many opinions on this matter

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.