/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I want to know what you would do...

madaashaa
08-11-2005, 05:46 PM
Salaam peoplz.

I heard something really tragical from my best friend called fauzia. fauzia used to be christian but then converted into a muslim when she was 8 years old. Her mum married a muslim man. He had some sort of disease and she did'nt even know. He died when the girl was seven years old from the disease. After a year when she turned 8, they did research on islam and then converted into muslim.

fauzia never used to wear scarf before she became a muslim, nor did her mum. When the whole family started to wear scarf the people in fauzias school turned against her and were rude and bullied her saying that she was a terrorist and all that . She was really scared . She told her mum and her mum told her to ignore them.

One day, she and her little sister went to the sweetshop along the street she lived on. They went in the afternoon round about two fifteen. On the way, they saw these sixth form students from her school. They used to always hangout there. One of the boys came to fauzia and said "since when did ya start wearin that cloth around ye head" and he pushed her. He was smoking which made her cough. One of the girls came and hit her really hard on the face and pulled her scarf off. Her sister quickly ran to get her mum. She was small so she didn't really wear scarf. The boys and girls started to beat fauzia up and started swearing at her, but as soon as they saw her mum, they pushed the girl inro a pond and ran. Fauzia tried to defend herself but she couldn't. She was bursting with tears so much, she couldn't say a word. Her mum and sister were also crying. Fauzias mum took her out and they all went back home.

This is really sad :-\ but I just wanted to know that if you were fauzia, then what would have you done ????

please reply or give your comments.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Danish
08-11-2005, 05:52 PM
:sl:
aww...sorry to heart that :'(

i reeally dont know what i would have done...

Genius
08-11-2005, 06:25 PM
Tell the police, they're there for a reason.

Muezzin
08-11-2005, 06:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Genius
Tell the police, they're there for a reason.
Yup. Racial abuse is what it is. Or what it could be classed as.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
minaz
08-11-2005, 07:06 PM
Do you know fauzia madaasha? Or is this one of those made up "what would you do" moral stories?!?!

Muezzin
08-11-2005, 07:07 PM

As a complete aside, one of the partners at the law firm is called Fauzia. Hmm.... I sense a conspiracy!

Or a coincidence.

:w:

Safa
08-11-2005, 07:15 PM
Salaam,

This incident acutally reminds me of a similar situation when i was in school (although it wasn't as serious as this one). I dont want to get into it now. But i would advice the girl's family is to call the police or complain to the school about those kids. These kids attacked out of ignorance if they need to be informed and taught a lesson in respecting others. In the future she should just be careful about where she goes and should always go with at least two or three (theres safety in numbers). And most important of all have faith in Allah and keep living a normal life.

Wasalam

minaz
08-11-2005, 07:16 PM
at the law firm
Sorry we don't all know a fauzia, sorry we couldn't all be depressed law students, sorry we aren't all spamers (well i think this is a spam :p )

ummnoura
08-11-2005, 07:59 PM
I would contact the police and the school. I know atleast here in America even if the incident happens outside school they can be punished from the school especially if harassment started there. Its a shame but that is part of standing up for what you believe in. The kids these days are terrible and its just as likely the same situation could have happened if she was Overweight. Abusers look for any reason to bully people. Its something all kids have to deal with these days.

I would tell her to keep making Dua and be strong. Dont let them change you or then you really will lose. When you stand up against them you become the winner.

SalafiFemaleJih
08-11-2005, 09:11 PM
when i was in high school like two years ago....these 2 jewish guys came up to my locker....i was all alone there....cuz i was there to get a book for my math class...they came up to me and started video tapin....they were laughing.....started swearing....callin me names....and they told me...."now you will see what we are gonna do wid dis tape...muahahahah"

I got soo mad.....I went to deans office...they don really do anything when it comes to muslims....but they are okay...well they called cops and someone how these guys got suspended for 2 months allahmdulillah.

I would obviously call cops if summat bad happens. khair.

wasalamualaikum wr wb : )

Abubakar
08-12-2005, 12:56 AM

It must be reported to the Police or if the family know the parents then to take it up with them.

Is this a true story? If so it is very sad.

If not you should have said so.

Peace :w:

aamirsaab
08-12-2005, 10:38 AM
Had I experience that incident, I would have given them brain damage. I then would go to police. I would also brag about it in school the next day.

Bittersteel
08-12-2005, 10:43 AM
what action has been taken now maadasha?

TEH
08-12-2005, 11:46 AM
Very sad indeed, but I would like to show you something:

An American brother commented on the above on the MSA forum in 1995:

"Does any man think that he fights his ego better than women?

Though it is fard for women to cover themselves, show me one practicing Muslim woman who is not only fighting her ego, but [also] practicing all 5 of the jihads mentioned above, by wearing her hijab in public. That is because everyone hates that, including shaitan, nafs, the fasiqeen, the kuffar and the munafiqeen. She is like the mujahid waving the flag of Islam high in the land of non-believers, in the land of shaitans and evil-doers. And though the shari'ah is not so strict asking men to wear Islamic clothes, nonetheless, in doing so, the women are doing a big and difficult jihad, better than men who have never fought, though the women have not fired one bullet! May Allah bless them and strengthen their himmah." Amin.

:)

Mainul_Islam
08-12-2005, 08:34 PM
assalaamu alaikum,

this is terrible (what happened to the poor little girl)!!! :'(

it just makes me so angry and sad at the same time!! i just wish i was there to defend her! (they were smaller than me so i wouldnt have the guts to hit them, but i would just probably prevent them from even getting near fauzia)

but if i was in a position like that, i would just take whatever couple of pushes they give and defend myself from being hurt and try to walk away... but if they get serious in trying to hurt me, i would have to fight back... i would be serious to fight back knowing that 1 of us would end up in the hospital unless they step back..

Pinkrose
08-15-2005, 12:17 PM

:'( :'( :'( :'(

Subhanallah!!

I don't know what to tell ya sis!! :'(

Usually i don't leave the house without a mahram!! My brother would be there to defend me!!

I really don't know what to say about that situation!! :'( :'(

:w:

M Ilyas
08-15-2005, 09:02 PM

By the way which city or part of the country was this sister fauzia from, because if your not in a muslim community you will be more likely to be treated like this

ma'assalaam

ilhan650
08-16-2005, 01:44 AM
beat them up my self
one by one

sadia
08-17-2005, 09:04 AM
damn, that was such an upsetting situation,
but nothing serious like that has happened to me .yet, i mean ive been wearing my hijab for about 6 months now and i love every single day of it, but i think that it also makes one stronger when people try and push you down, you just get back up again and become stronger each time.
and also by reporting incidents like that or anyother abuse based on race or religion must be reported, because if we jus keep it to ourselves then what are we taeching our future ummah? that its ok to be pushed around?

aamirsaab
08-17-2005, 12:15 PM
Very good point sister sadia. In these kinds of situation we should stick up for ourselves.

madaashaa
08-17-2005, 01:29 PM
come on people reply !!!!!!!!

YoUnG-sOuLjAh
08-26-2005, 02:44 AM
:sl: ,
me personlay what i would do...? is fight back.
i dont care if theres more of them. i'd swing at them
as if my life depended on it. and for that sister, MASHA'ALLAH.
continue wearing your hijab. although ive been wearing my
hijab since like kindergarten never have i been treated this way.
and i live in america. and believe me where im from there are
a lot of fights within the muslim youth vs. the kufars....lol kinda like
a mini ya noe wat...but back to the senario...wat i like to say is
if u get jumped, ur a G. because not only did u get jumped for the
haq but on top of that you were a young sista. and not only for
the sisters brothers too. if u all get jumped mayn u all are G's in my
oppinion. espcially if the cause has to do with your islamic aqlaq.
there was a time where a few kufars tried to harrass me in public
because of me being a muslim. this was right after september 11 too.
luckily it took place during school time because then i wouldn't fought.
well, lets just say both parties got suspended. but after it was over,
i began to wear the longer hijabs. see, the more u face hardship for
the sake of allah, the stronger u become and more firm on ur deen.
after hardship comes ease
and after rain, the sun shines bright.
remeber this dunyah is a test. and allah jala jallalahu tests those whom
he loves. so think of it like this, when u face troubles in your life, that means
allah 3azawajaal loves you and is trying to make ur eman stronger.
NO ONE IS IMMUNE TO THE TRIALS AND TRIBULATIONS OF LIFE.

sadia
08-26-2005, 07:19 AM
well sed sista.

ahm
08-26-2005, 09:14 AM

Get my cousin brothers and their crew. Then go after these kids, beat them up, put them in the boot of a car and drive them to a forest...

root
08-26-2005, 11:59 AM
but I just wanted to know that if you were fauzia, then what would have you done ????
I would have contacted the police. It's a sad story deliberately exagerated and whilst such pieces pull on my heart strings so do innocent children blown to bits for getting some sweeties off US Soldiers, children being brutally murdered and abused for the parents beleive the child to be "Posessed"

I also feel for the child since the parents in my opinion are wrong to impose Islam upon an eight year old and impose such a radical change as wearing the Hijab within a christian dominated society. Religion is a religion that in the majority we are born into. To take a child of 8 who I assume is born into Christianity and inform the child they are now a Muslim and must wear the Hijab in my opinion is bad parenting.

root
08-26-2005, 12:00 PM
Get my cousin brothers and their crew. Then go after these kids, beat them up, put them in the boot of a car and drive them to a forest...
Vigilanties have no place in a democracy

Safa
08-26-2005, 12:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by root
I also feel for the child since the parents in my opinion are wrong to impose Islam upon an eight year old and impose such a radical change as wearing the Hijab within a christian dominated society. Religion is a religion that in the majority we are born into. To take a child of 8 who I assume is born into Christianity and inform the child they are now a Muslim and must wear the Hijab in my opinion is bad parenting.
I wouldn't call it bad parenting because considering that wearing the hijab is obligatory in Islam, it becomes a parent's responsibility to teach the child its importance just like teaching good manners or behavior. But then again this a sad incident the parent in this case should have taken other precautions like accompanying the child wherever she goes and expecting beforehand about the reactions from society. The child would still have problems fitting in a christian dominated society but I tend to look it as the majority of the people being intolerant of other religions.

- Qatada -
08-26-2005, 12:51 PM
Freedom of wearing what you choose comes into democracy too, even if you are born in a christian dominated society.

Muezzin
08-26-2005, 04:39 PM
Explain Batman :p

root
08-27-2005, 10:03 AM
desertrozeI wouldn't call it bad parenting because considering that wearing the hijab is obligatory in Islam.
I agree with your point. But I feel it is further validated within an Islamic society or Islamic from birth family unit, since in essence the topic depicts a young 8 year old who to all tense and purpose would have received a christian perception of the world she lives in. To suddenly be thrusted into an Islamic theology in such a way must have a negative impact upon the child in certain areas and especially with social implications. This issue I feel was not taken into consideration by the parents.

There is of course nothing wrong with parents imposing a religion upon there own children even if the child cannot reasonably have free choice in the matter, I would emphasise that perhaps the child could have been thrusted into the new religion a little more gently.

Aqib:Freedom of wearing what you choose comes into democracy too, even if you are born in a christian dominated society.
I agree whole heartedly with your statement. The only criticism I make is that this forum is full of negativity to western styles of dressing & attitude, yet to islamic dress code and attitude freedom is often used as a defence whilst for some ignored in attack. Though this is not a reflection upon you but a generalisation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by root

Muezzin Explain Batman
No individual has the right to be judge, jury and executioner. Please refrain from refering to me as "Batman".

Regards All

Root

Regards

Root

Muezzin
08-27-2005, 10:35 AM
INo individual has the right to be judge, jury and executioner. Please refrain from refering to me as "Batman".
I apologise if you took offence. I did not mean to refer to you as Batman, but to ask you to explain Batman's existence if there is no place for vigilantes in democracy. ;)

It's nothing personal. Just up to my usual subversive tricks again. :)

root
08-27-2005, 10:41 AM
I apologise if you took offence. I did not mean to refer to you as Batman, but to ask you to explain Batman's existence if there is no place for vigilantes in democracy.
Your apology is very much accepted. I have a lot of respect for you Muezzin, thanks. Batman does not exist he is a fictional character.

Muezzin
08-27-2005, 10:44 AM
Your apology is very much accepted. I have a lot of respect for you Muezzin, thanks. Batman does not exist he is a fictional character.
Indeed. The point I'm making, is that even though he is only fictional, his existence in fiction is dependent on a certain taste or need in his audience. Batman is a very popular character in the West, which, last time I checked, is democratic.

So, even though vigilantes have no place in civilised society, civilised society still craves butt-kicking crime fighters. ;)

root
08-27-2005, 10:57 AM
So, even though vigilantes have no place in civilised society, civilised society still craves butt-kicking crime fighters.
I agree, it is very entertaining. I would like his car to drive around in also but we just don't get them in the garages. I wonder why?

Muezzin
08-27-2005, 10:59 AM
I agree, it is very entertaining. I would like his car to drive around in also but we just don't get them in the garages. I wonder why?
The cops would think he was a terrorist blasting around in that huge thing.

Or a black guy.

Either way, he's a dead man. :p

TEH
08-27-2005, 11:06 AM
LOL, that wasnt very nice...

:D

Muezzin
08-27-2005, 11:10 AM
But oh so true.

Disclaimer: I don't have anything against black people, police do.

Disclaimer 2: Let's get back on topic since I've already driven it on a tangent. :)

abdul Majid
02-09-2006, 01:41 AM
There shouldve been brothers in islam around to protect her.....that is so wrong that happened..but with hardship comes ease...dont forget that!!

sis_fisabil'Allah
02-09-2006, 02:22 AM
Wassup root, just a quick comment,
personally we dnt no da situation of how the young grl began wearing the hijab so if i wer u its best we dnt spk so soon, also IF her mother did oppose da hijab in such a "critical" im sure its becoz she wud prefer her 2 get used 2 da hijab nd apperciate it from an early age! as no1 wants da wrst 4 der child.

Personally i dnt no wat i wud hav dne as ive neva been in such a situation Alhamdillah! wen ppl try 2 insult me i wud neva jst leave it as dat so i could immagine my self whilling out in such a situation... Allah knows best! :thankyou:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!