/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Give your parents roses while they are alive, not dead

Tilmeez
05-26-2007, 04:43 AM
:sl:
This sotry was received from my friend through email. don't know any thing about the characters but it moved me to tears. please read it and let me know your comments!

Give your parents roses while they are alive, not dead
MY mom only had one eye. I hated her... she was such an embarrassment. My mom ran a small shop at a flea market. She collected little weeds and such to sell... anything for the money we needed she was such an embarrassment.

There was this one day during elementary school... It was field day, and my mom came. I was so embarrassed. How could she do this to me? I threw her a hateful look and ran out.

The next day at school... "your mom only has one eye?!?!"...And they taunted me. I wished that my mom would just disappear from this world so I said to my mom, "mom... Why don't you have the other eye?! If you're only going to make me a laughingstock, why don't you just die?!!!" my mom did not respond...

I guess I felt a little bad, but at the same time, it felt good to think that I had said what I'd wanted to say all this time... maybe it was because my mom hadn't punished me, but I didn't think that I had hurt her feelings very badly. That night... I woke up, and went to the kitchen to get a glass of water. My mom was crying there, so quietly, as if she was afraid that she might wake me.

I took a look at her, and then turned away. Because of the thing I had said to her earlier, there was something pinching at me in the corner of my heart. Even so, I hated my mother who was crying out of her one eye. So I told myself that I would grow up and become successful. Because I hated my one-eyed mom and our desperate poverty...

then I studied real hard. I left my mother and came to Seoul and studied, and got accepted in the Seoul University with all the confidence I had. Then, I got married. I bought a house of my own. Then I had kids, too... now I'm living happily as a successful man. I like it here because it's a place that doesn't remind me of my mom. This happiness was getting bigger and bigger, when... what?!
Who's this...it was my mother... still with her one eye. It felt as if the whole sky was falling apart on me. My little girl ran away, scared of my mom's eye. And I asked her, "who are you?!" "I don't know you!!!" as if trying to make that real. I screamed at her," How dare you come to my house and scare my daughter!" "GET OUT OF HERE! NOW!!!" and to this, my mother quietly answered, "oh, I'm so sorry. I may have gotten the wrong address," and she disappeared out of sight. Thank goodness... she doesn't recognize me... I was quite relieved. I told myself that I wasn't going to care, or think about this for the rest of my life. Then a wave of relief came upon me...

One day, a letter regarding a school reunion came to my house. So, lying to my wife that I was going on a business trip, I went. After the reunion, I went down to the old shack, that I used to call a house...just out of curiosity there, I found my mother fallen on the cold ground. But I did not shed a single tear. She had a piece of paper in her hand.... it was a letter to me.

My son... I think my life has been long enough now... And... I won't visit Seoul anymore... but would it be too much to ask if I wanted you to come visit me once in a while? I miss you so much... and I was so glad when I heard you were coming for the reunion. But I decided not to go to the school. ...for you... and I'm sorry that I only have one eye, and I was an embarrassment for you.

You see, when you were very little, you got into an accident, and lost your eye. as a mom, I couldn't stand watching you having to grow up with only one eye... so I gave you mine... I was so proud of my son that was seeing a whole new world for me, in my place, with that eye.

I was never upset at you for anything you did... the couple times that you were angry with me, I thought to myself, 'it's because he loves me...' my son. Oh, my son... I don't want you to cry for me, because of my death. My son, I love you my son, I love you so much.:cry::cry::cry:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Rafeeq
05-28-2007, 08:30 PM
your stories are too long to read Tilmeez

Tilmeez
05-29-2007, 05:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by rafeeq
your stories are too long to read Tilmeez
wish you would have read it n u would not say this.
jazakallah for your comments.

well, i will try to post shorter stories.

Gangster No.1
05-29-2007, 10:55 AM
VERY GOOD story.
post some more,lol

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
vpb
05-29-2007, 10:56 AM
we want longer stories longerrrr :p

Gangster No.1
05-29-2007, 11:02 AM
lol

Camomilla
05-29-2007, 11:14 AM
Assalamu Alaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh wa maghfirtu,
this was very sad story, thanx for the share, Jazakallah Khair!

'Abd al-Baari
05-29-2007, 11:16 AM
:sl:

I think this story has been posted a few times but nevertheless..its a really great story :cry:

Jazakallah Khair for shairng

Kittygyal
05-29-2007, 12:25 PM
Salamualikum.
Ya Allah! :'( :cry:

Does it really matter how long the story is or how short? why are we soo fussed for?
What matters is the moral behind the story and whats its trying to tell us, so can we have some desentiy atleast for brother Tilmeez for posting this wonderful story. Not everyone has parents :(
Ma'assalama

Camomilla
05-30-2007, 07:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kittygyal
Salamualikum.
Ya Allah! :'( :cry:

Does it really matter how long the story is or how short? why are we soo fussed for?
What matters is the moral behind the story and whats its trying to tell us, so can we have some desentiy atleast for brother Tilmeez for posting this wonderful story. Not everyone has parents :(
Ma'assalama
I totally agree with u sister....
we should thank Allah(SWT) that we have parents and do as much as we can for them while we are still alive. And may Allah (SWT) help orphans and poor peoples.

Once again thanx for the share, Jazakallah Khair!
:w:

cihad
05-30-2007, 10:09 AM
i've read this a lottt of times, and it also made me cry, who cares if its real or not, but the fact that we can hurt our parents so much without realising it really breaks the strings of my heart

Tilmeez
05-30-2007, 11:30 AM
Jazakallahu Kharan for brothers n sisters.
I have not been a good son for long time now but after reading this story i have promissed myself that what ever i could do to keep my parents happy i will, :inshallah:.
And for readers out there i will suggest please keep yourself in the place of the son in the story and it will give you another way of thinking... better keep them happy now instead of regret afterward and there will be no repair.
Allah may give us SAADAH of serving our parents, :inshallah:

Kittygyal
05-30-2007, 12:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tilmeez
Jazakallahu Kharan for brothers n sisters.
I have not been a good son for long time now but after reading this story i have promissed myself that what ever i could do to keep my parents happy i will, :inshallah:.
And for readers out there i will suggest please keep yourself in the place of the son in the story and it will give you another way of thinking... better keep them happy now instead of regret afterward and there will be no repair.
Allah may give us SAADAH of serving our parents, :inshallah:
Salamualikum.
Inshallah. Make the most time now before too late. I regret NOW i don't have no parents and i regret everything i did in past!

Anywho amin to the dua'ah
Ma'assalama

Gangster No.1
05-31-2007, 10:15 AM
Inshllah allah helps us imorve our character as a muslims,
The character of a muslim is very importent, and inshllah we need learn and change our ways.ameen

*~Sofia~*
05-31-2007, 05:23 PM
salam brother,

i thought this post was really gud, it really touched ma heart..
we shud all be kind and loving 2wards our parents:
'Heaven lies at the feet of your mother'
as they say.. 'you never know what u got, until it's gone'
neway..Jazakallah 4 sharing it, may Allah reward u. and Ameen to all the du'as.
keep posting those gud stories bro :D
wasalam

Tilmeez
06-05-2007, 01:25 PM
Here is an other Peice as FOOD FOR THOUGHTS! Do ponder and record your feelings!
About Fathers

At age 8
Your Dad buys you icecream and to thank him by dripping it all over his lap

At age 9,
He paid for your piano lessons and you thanked him by never bothering to practice.

At age 10
He drove you all day from soccer to basketball, to one birthday party after another, and you thanked him by jumping out of the car and never looking back

At the age of 11
He took you and your friends to movies and you thanked him by asking him to sit in a different row

At age 12
He warned you not to watch certain TV programs and you thanked him by waiting for him to leave the house

At age 13
He suggested a haircut that was becoming on you, and you thanked him by telling him that he had no taste

At age 14
He paid for a month at a summer camp, and you thanked him by forgetting to even write a single letter to him

At age 15
He would come home after day's work looking for a hug from you and you thanked him by locking your bedroom door

At age 16
He taught you how to drive on his car and you thanked him by wrecking it

At age 17
He was expecting an important call and you thanked him by keeping the phone line busy the whole evening

At age 18
He cried at your High school graduation and you thanked him by staying out all night partying with your friends

At age 19
He paid for your college tution and you thanked him by saying goodbye outside the dorm so you would not be embarressed in front of your new friends

At age 25
He paid for your wedding and he told you how proud he was of you and you thanked him by moving halfway across the country with your new wife

At age 40
He sent gifts for his grandchildren and you thanked him by telling him that he was spoiling them

At age 50
He fell ill and called you to take care of him and you thanked him by telling him about the burden of having old, needy parents

And then one day, he died quitely
And everything you never did for him came crashing down like a thunder on your heart and you will regret that for the rest of your life

Camomilla
06-05-2007, 02:46 PM
Assalamu Alaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh wa maghfiratu,
very good post bro, thanx for the share, Jazakallah Khair! :)
:thumbs_up :thumbs_up :thumbs_up
It's sad though....

~ Sabr ~
05-25-2012, 12:10 PM
SubhaanAllaah, we should indeed think about our parents, how much they have done for us, while they are still alive. I should know....I nearly lost my dad once, it's so scary. May Allaah give us the tawfeeq to serve our parents, Ameen.

Endymion
05-25-2012, 12:36 PM
I remember someone posted this story few days back :hmm:

And we have two more voluntary diggers ;D

Sunnie Ameena
05-25-2012, 02:12 PM
Assalamu Alaikum
Thank you brother for sharing the stories. I don't think they are too long. Like others have said, it is the point of the story. The sad truth of all, is that there really are people out there that treat their parents like that. Breaks my heart. Again, thanks for sharing, and looking forward to more. All Praise and Worship for Allah. Sunnie Ameena

yasirslm
05-28-2012, 06:40 AM
I dont know if the STORY is TRUE or WRONG cz the Eye of a bigger Person cannot be fixed on a smaller Kid(As per Medical science)

"You see, when you were very little, you got into an accident, and lost your eye. as a mom, I couldn't stand watching you having to grow up with only one eye... so I gave you mine... I was so proud of my son that was seeing a whole new world for me, in my place, with that eye"

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.