/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Children in Gaza

glo
05-26-2007, 10:46 AM
I received a magazine from WorldVision today, with a very interesting article about children in Gaza.
I tried to find it on their website, but couldn't.
I found these statistics instead:
About 55 % of children aged 5-11 in Gaza suffer from bedwetting and nightmares (Source: Al-Awdah Hospital Observational Study)
Despite the ongoing violence, more than 90% of Palestinian children say they are optimistic about the future (Source: UNFPA)
93% of the Palestinian children reported not feeling safe, exposed to attack and psychologically stressed (Source: National Plan Action for Palestinian Children)
52% do not believe their parents can protect them from the violence (Source: USAID)
93% of Palestinian children feel unsafe where they live (Source: USAID)
Palestinian territories are among the most dangerous places on earth for children to live. (Source: UNICEF)
from https://www.worldvision.org.uk/server.php?show=nav.855 (the article is not dated, but seems to go back to the end of 2006)

May the day come when all children can grow up in freedom and peace.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AvarAllahNoor
05-26-2007, 11:32 AM
I've watched many programmes in regard to this. Surely the younger generation should be educating themselves so they can build a better palestine??! instead the elders teach them to hate jews in schools etc etc. Why not let hamas and co deal with the isreali army, while the younger generation educate and make palestine a habit to reside in??

Malaikah
05-26-2007, 11:40 AM
That is truly sad... and the worst part is that the whole world just watches on and doesn't do enough. :(

AvarAllahNoor, I'm sure their school days are filled with a little more than just being taught to hate Jews.

AvarAllahNoor
05-26-2007, 11:46 AM
lol, Yes, but still more focus on education, but still inform them of what is happening to them. Nobody should indure what they are, as many others alos are worldwide. :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
glo
05-26-2007, 03:24 PM
Here are some more statistics, this time from the magazine I received:

• Since the year 2000, 122 Israeli children and 869 Palestinian children have lost their lives because of the conflict.
  • The unemployment rate is at 9% in Israel, and 40% in the Palestinian territories.
  • The World Bank estimates that by the year 2008, more than 75% of Palestinians will be living below the poverty line - on less than £1 per day.
  • Israeli forces have demolished more than 4,170 Palestinian homes.
  • At least one in three Palestinian children suffer from malnutrition.

(from 'insight' (World Vision) Issue 43, Summer 2007)

Zman
05-26-2007, 04:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
I received a magazine from WorldVision today, with a very interesting article about children in Gaza.
I tried to find it on their website, but couldn't.
I found these statistics instead:

from https://www.worldvision.org.uk/server.php?show=nav.855 (the article is not dated, but seems to go back to the end of 2006)

May the day come when all children can grow up in freedom and peace.
:sl:

Thanks to Israel and its complicit support & excuse-making, by many of our Western governments...

wilberhum
05-26-2007, 05:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zman

Thanks to Israel and its complicit support & excuse-making, by many of our Western governments...
And just as much thanks to people that support blowing up school buses and lobbing rockets at Israelis every couple of hours.
Too bad neither side wants peace.

glo
05-27-2007, 03:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malaikah
That is truly sad... and the worst part is that the whole world just watches on and doesn't do enough. :(

AvarAllahNoor, I'm sure their school days are filled with a little more than just being taught to hate Jews.
But every little thing that is done, is a step in the right direction ...

I came across this group, which consists of Israeli and Palestininan families, who share the grief of having lost loved ones in the conflict.

Parents Circle - Families Forum (PCFF) is a grassroots organization of bereaved Palestinians and Israelis. the PCFF promotes reconciliation as an alternative to hatred and revenge.
This is their mission statement:
• To prevent further bereavement, in the absence of peace
• To influence the public and the policy makers – to prefer the way of peace on the way of war
• To educate for peace and reconciliation
• To promote the cessation of acts of hostility and the achievement of a political agreement
• To prevent the usage of bereavement as a means of expanding enmity between our peoples
• To uphold mutual support between our members

We strive to offer a breakthrough in people's frame of mind, to allow a change of perception, a chance to re-consider one's views and attitudes towards the conflict and the other side.
The Forum activities are a unique phenomenon, in that they continue during all political circumstances and in spite of all tensions and violence in our region.
Our members initiate and lead projects throughout the Israeli and Palestinian communities
As long as there are people striving for peace and better relationships, hope will remain!

Peace

cihad
05-28-2007, 11:27 AM
Actually most pal children are educated, which shows that they are looking towards the future

Zman
05-30-2007, 06:10 PM
:sl:/Peace To All

UN Envoy Says Israel Attacks On Gaza Excessive

29 May 2007 10:00:42
Source: Reuters
AlertNet

GENEVA, May 29 (Reuters) - A U.N. human rights investigator criticised Israel on Tuesday for violating international law in the Gaza Strip through a "disproportionate" use of force and killing of civilians.

John Dugard, the United Nations special rapporteur on human rights in the Palestinian territories, said that the indiscriminate firing of rockets by Palestinian militants into the southern Israeli town of Sderot was also illegal.

More than 50 people had been killed and 180 wounded in Israeli air strikes in the past two weeks, many of them civilians, he said. Palestinian militants had fired more than 270 rockets into Sderot, killing two Israelis and injuring 16.

"The indiscriminate firing of rockets into Sderot violates international humanitarian law. So does Israel's response as it fails to distinguish between civilians and combatants and is a disproportionate use of force," Dugard said in a statement.

Israel's "extrajudicial killings" were "illegal under international humanitarian law" and seemed to fail to meet even the minimum requirements laid down by Israel's Supreme Court last December, according to the U.N. envoy.

...Dugard also said that more than 40 people arrested last year, including more than 30 Palestinian members of Hamas, "still remain in Israeli custody with no prospect of release or being brought to trial".

"Arrests of this kind are clear acts of collective punishment, in violation of the Geneva Conventions, and undermine the peace process," said Dugard, a South African jurist who has served in the independent post since 2001.

He called on the so-called Quartet -- the United States, the European Union (EU), Russia and the United Nations, which meets on Wednesday in Berlin -- to advance the peace process in a "fair and even-handed manner".

Dugard repeated that the Quartet was ignoring human rights violations by Israel, including military incursions and arrests in the West Bank, new settlements and construction of a wall in Palestinian territory, roadblocks, and withholding of taxes.

The Quartet must treat both parties equally and accord equal recognition to both sides, according to the envoy.

Source (Complete Report):
http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/L29522201.htm

Zman
05-31-2007, 04:07 PM
:sl:/Peace To All

Eliyahu Advocates Carpet Bombing Gaza

Courtesy Of: The Jerusalem Post
By MATTHEW WAGNER
May. 30, 2007 21:24
Updated May. 31, 2007 10:13
JPost

All civilians living in Gaza are collectively guilty for Kassam attacks on Sderot, former Sephardi chief rabbi Mordechai Eliyahu has written in a letter to Prime Minister Ehud Olmert.

Eliyahu ruled that there was absolutely no moral prohibition against the indiscriminate killing of civilians during a potential massive military offensive on Gaza aimed at stopping the rocket launchings.

The letter, published in Olam Katan [Small World], a weekly pamphlet to be distributed in synagogues nationwide this Friday, cited the biblical story of the Shechem massacre (Genesis 34) and Maimonides' commentary (Laws of Kings 9, 14) on the story as proof texts for his legal decision.

According to Jewish war ethics, wrote Eliyahu, an entire city holds collective responsibility for the immoral behavior of individuals.

In Gaza, the entire populace is responsible because they do nothing to stop the firing of Kassam rockets.

The former chief rabbi also said it was forbidden to risk the lives of Jews in Sderot or the lives of IDF soldiers for fear of injuring or killing Palestinian noncombatants living in Gaza.

Eliyahu could not be reached for an interview. However, Eliyahu's son, Shmuel Eliyahu, who is chief rabbi of Safed, said his father opposed a ground troop incursion into Gaza that would endanger IDF soldiers. Rather, he advocated carpet bombing the general area from which the Kassams were launched, regardless of the price in Palestinian life.

"If they don't stop after we kill 100, then we must kill a thousand," said Shmuel Eliyahu. "And if they do not stop after 1,000 then we must kill 10,000. If they still don't stop we must kill 100,000, even a million. Whatever it takes to make them stop."
In the letter, Eliyahu quoted from Psalms. "I will pursue my enemies and apprehend them and I will not desist until I have eradicated them."

Eliyahu wrote that "This is a message to all leaders of the Jewish people not to be compassionate with those who shoot [rockets] at civilians in their houses."

Source:
http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satelli...cle%2FShowFull

Zman
06-04-2007, 11:31 PM

"If they don't stop after we kill 100, then we must kill a thousand," said Shmuel Eliyahu. "And if they do not stop after 1,000 then we must kill 10,000. If they still don't stop we must kill 100,000, even a million. Whatever it takes to make them stop."
It's absolutely amazing that not one non-Muslim Islamophobe (there are really nice non-Muslims, here) has commented on this statement or any genocidal statements uttered by that radical former chief rabbi.

When a mis-translated "wiping Israel off the map," is attributed to Iran's president, the World takes issue with that. Even the fanatical Netanyahu wanted to convene an international tribunal and charge Iran's president for genocide and war crimes, over a statement (a fabricated one at that).

Yet, no uproar over this or the many other statements fanatical Israelis have issued in the past.

Can you imagine the hell that would unleash if a Muslim Imam had made a similar statement?

What utter hypocrisy and double standards!

Joe98
06-05-2007, 12:33 AM
[QUOTE=Zman;]
What utter hypocrisy and double standards![/QUOTE]

Incorrect!

Ghandi showed that peaceful protest bring results. When I was growing up I tended to feel sympathy for the Palestinians - not the Isralies.

If the Palestinians acted peacefully, and got celebrities the likes of the deceased princes Dianna, they would receive world sympathy.

But the Palestinians started doing horrible things. And therefore I have no sympathy for either side. My solution is to build a wall around the whole area and then throw a million guns over the wall.
-

Sami Zaatari
06-05-2007, 01:16 AM
most israeli jews have the same opinion as this filthy jewish rabbi and thats a fact, too bad some muslims continue to fail to see this, rather what we do 24-7 is argue whethor resistence against these evil ppl is okay and we try to justify it 24-7 to the non muslims. thankfully i am not one of those muslims.

Zman
06-05-2007, 02:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Joe98
Incorrect!

Ghandi showed that peaceful protest bring results. When I was growing up I tended to feel sympathy for the Palestinians - not the Isralies.

The early jews should applied some "peaceful protest" in order to gain some land in Palestine. But, they chose violence, terrorism, theft of Arab land, and ethnic cleansing.

The Palestinians have attempted to negotiate and were rebuffed.

There was a recent peaceful demonstration in Israel-proper, and it was met with violence from the Israeli government.

Look how the Israeli government treats their own jews who peacefully protest for the Palestinian cause.

Israel isn't interested in peace. if it truly was, that would end its American military & economic support.

But, they must have cylic violence and military confrontation in order to Justify all the aid they are receiving.

Israel is a military state, and it cannot survive without constant warfare and continual crisis.

The Palestinians have every right to defend themselves.

Israel only understands that might is right, and diplomacy is for the weak...

barney
06-07-2007, 05:29 AM
Nursery school in Japan
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3w188mczww

Nursery school in palastine
http://www.memritv.org/search.asp?ACT=S9&P1=1468#

Kids Tv for fun and learning in Yankland
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-HiC...elated&search=

Kids Tv for fun and learning in Palastine
http://www.youtube.com/jp.swf?video_...wYRKBdwe6RqfYe

http://www.memritv.org/search.asp?ACT=S9&P1=1446

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.