PDA

View Full Version : Studying Abroad



ummnoura
08-11-2005, 08:03 PM
Assalamu Alaiykum Sisters and Brothers,

I was wondering if anyone has studied abroad in the middle east to learn arabic/ islam? I am considering going to Syria from America to learn Arabic and study in school. Has anyone had a similar experience they would like to share? I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Kristy :sister:
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ummnoura
08-12-2005, 04:47 PM
Noone?
Reply

SalafiFemaleJih
08-12-2005, 04:49 PM
But i know someone whos in syria right for islamic studies...

n insha'Allah my plans is to move to saudi for islamic studies....insha'Allah.

so we will see what happens.

may allah swt make it easy for us ameen.

wasalamuaalikum wr wb.
Reply

Rabi'ya
08-12-2005, 04:56 PM
Assalamualaikum

I would love to travel to learn arabic but ya know, its hard, and i cant afford it....got noone to pay for me :( inshaAllah after i get married ill move to an arab country andlearn then..

A friend of mine went to Jordan I think to learn...shes been there 2 years now...and loveing it alhamdulillah

Wsalaam

Rabi'ya:rose:
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
SalafiFemaleJih
08-12-2005, 04:58 PM
Originally Posted by Rabi'ya
Assalamualaikum

I would love to travel to learn arabic but ya know, its hard, and i cant afford it....got noone to pay for me :( inshaAllah after i get married ill move to an arab country andlearn then..

A friend of mine went to Jordan I think to learn...shes been there 2 years now...and loveing it alhamdulillah

Wsalaam

Rabi'ya:rose:
like i can afford loooooooool??????? dad can if he wants....but he doesn't want me to go....so i gotta get nikkah done and den go....can't leave just like dat widout mahram :( sad innit....but gotta do what i gotta do.....
Reply

Rabi'ya
08-12-2005, 05:02 PM
I dont have any mehram coz im froma non-Muslim family so I gotta get married too. Inshaalah my husband will agree :P

Wsalaam

Rabi'ya:rose:
Reply

SalafiFemaleJih
08-12-2005, 05:07 PM
Originally Posted by Rabi'ya
I dont have any mehram coz im froma non-Muslim family so I gotta get married too. Inshaalah my husband will agree :P

Wsalaam

Rabi'ya:rose:
yeah, insha'Allah. I hope ur future hubby agrees....and u get married soon so u can go off and study in Islamic school insha'Allah May Allah be with you sis Ameen.

I know, its really hard when you don't have muslim family. N its sometimes real hard when ur mahram doesn't like u studying where u wanna go...i been thru dat....welll lets hope for the best in future insha'Allah.

seeking knowledge, acting upon it, and spreading it on to others is our aim...and our final destination is Jannah insha'Allah....we do lot for this world....we go all around the world just to bcome doctor den why not just go to some muslim country....where u can learn about ur deen and den insha'Allah in future u can do dawah.

If I start talking I can't stop...and den in between i get emtional....so i gotta stop right here.

ya Allah have mercy please Ameen.
May Allah swt make it easy for us to seek knowledge Ameen.
May Allah swt guide us to the right path the path of pious Ameen.

once again, I hope u get a pious husband who will fulfilll ur needs insha'Allah.

wasalamualaikum wr wb.
Reply

Rabi'ya
08-12-2005, 05:12 PM
Lolz, Jazak Allah for the good wishes, I dont think my brothers or father at the moment count as mehram do they...im not sure on the exact rulings...but anyhoo, if it was up to them id be parading in miniskirts and short tops frequenting pubs and night clubs. lol

Its better that I dont use them as my influence..

Just wanna get married soon inshaallah.

Wsalaam

Rabi'ya:rose:
Reply

SalafiFemaleJih
08-12-2005, 05:16 PM
Originally Posted by Rabi'ya
Lolz, Jazak Allah for the good wishes, I dont think my brothers or father at the moment count as mehram do they...im not sure on the exact rulings...but anyhoo, if it was up to them id be parading in miniskirts and short tops frequenting pubs and night clubs. lol

Its better that I dont use them as my influence..

Just wanna get married soon inshaallah.

Wsalaam

Rabi'ya:rose:
get married just not you alllllllllll the girls who are matured enuff should get married...and learn about deeeeeeeeeeen we need Alimaa's yoooo just not alims hehehe....worldy education is not everything....i think its not anything.....if I knew, what I knew today :(

ya Allah make us righteous muslims ameen.

wasalamaualaikum wr wb. : )
Reply

Rabi'ya
08-12-2005, 05:20 PM
I would love to do an alima course, but there is nowhere here to do one...Id have to travel about 3 hours to the nearest place to do dat :(

Ill be amrreid soon inshaallah sis....keep me in ur duaas...then freedom rules, Im so stuck with no being married....fink dis is going offtopic, wanna take it to PMs??

Rabi'ya:rose:
Reply

SalafiFemaleJih
08-12-2005, 05:33 PM
Originally Posted by Rabi'ya
I would love to do an alima course, but there is nowhere here to do one...Id have to travel about 3 hours to the nearest place to do dat :(

Ill be amrreid soon inshaallah sis....keep me in ur duaas...then freedom rules, Im so stuck with no being married....fink dis is going offtopic, wanna take it to PMs??

Rabi'ya:rose:
yeah pm or get on msa/yahoo/aim whatever u have.
wasalamualaikum wr wb.
Reply

ummnoura
08-12-2005, 09:10 PM
OK how about i pose the question............. Is anyone from Syria that could tell me more about what to expect?
Reply

gladTidings
08-12-2005, 09:35 PM
:sl:

I know someone who is currently studying arabic in Syria... i may be able to help you with your decision..

InshAllah PM me with any questions you would like to ask.

:w:
Reply

ummnoura
08-13-2005, 05:13 AM
Thanks Warrioress. I didnt have any specific questions. I was just looking to about someones experinces studying abroad. Especially if they go not speaking the other language.
Reply

gladTidings
08-14-2005, 01:21 AM
:sl:

Okay ill get back to you as soon as i can. . .inshAllah

:w:
Reply

sheila_bradley
08-15-2005, 04:47 AM
Assalamu Alaikum,

I studied Arabic in Cairo Egypt, I have been to many countries in the Middle East and I found that the Masry Accent was the easiest for me to learn....

Wa alaikum Assalam
Reply

TEH
08-17-2005, 09:05 PM
Depends whether you are learning ammiyah or fusha...

:)
Reply

Muhammad
08-21-2005, 05:51 PM
:sl:

Thread moved.

:w:
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-29-2012, 02:10 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-02-2011, 10:07 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-08-2008, 09:18 AM
  4. Replies: 83
    Last Post: 09-16-2008, 06:14 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-29-2007, 01:00 PM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!