/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Your fave childhood memory......

SUMMAYAH
05-26-2007, 07:17 PM
So, whats the nicest thing u remember about being a kid?

I used to enjoy putting that innocent face on and asking the adults arkward stuff.......:D

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Keltoi
05-26-2007, 07:19 PM
Working and living on a farm. That is my favorite memory.

SUMMAYAH
05-26-2007, 07:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
I can really picture it.........such freedom to explore......a place for your imagination to expand........wow...

Talibatul Ilm
05-26-2007, 08:14 PM
being carefree about life, spending my days playing outside and enjoying the company of friends...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Strzelecki
05-27-2007, 07:05 AM
Hanving all my little buddies over. xD

...I had a falling out and don't talk to anyone from my childhood really anymore, though. :(

vpb
05-27-2007, 07:13 AM
:sl:

playing games in neighbourhood from 12PM to 10PM...and eating slices of bread with cheese and sugar lollllllll

SUMMAYAH
05-27-2007, 09:58 AM
o'h i miss those good old days...........:(

learningislam
05-27-2007, 10:27 AM
:salamext:

My fav childhood memory........
i miss my school days......
and our neighbours nextdoor, coz we use to play all day

this thread is making me remember so many things......
:wasalamex

جوري
05-27-2007, 05:47 PM
I miss my grandmother's house so much and I miss my grandmother =( May Allah receive her in heaven's high mead.. I often dream of the old house and the whole family gathering, the men playing chess in the grand room, the yellow and brown walls of the adjacent buildings.. all six windows in the living room-- the neighbors-- I have written a hundreds of poems/prose of that house.. I have unresolved feelings and memories, since traveling so much I feel has stolen quite a chunk of my childhood I believe...
wrote this back in 2001

Idol Of My Soul
I was made from a world so full of color
I learned of youth and vigor
Much like the seasons that come to wither
Now the colors dissipate into madness
A silk veil of when life had newness
Those virgin days of rain as I used to call them
Into the cashmere blankets of the river
And the river rippled until its tears burnt my eyes
I closed them and climbed
The old building that was left behind
Even though it were a lagging mystery of my mind
How can I construct from wreckage
The idol of my soul
Well I went to him in distress
But he vanished in a cloud
I slept and awoke a dream of bliss
With a different ending every time

Copyright ©2001 M

well thanks for letting me share :-[

cihad
05-28-2007, 09:58 AM
my innocence

cihad
05-28-2007, 10:01 AM
i miss it so much , not having all the worries of the world on your back.
the true happiness, where you can laugh out loud and when i still had emotions.

can i ask you all a question...when last did you truly cry?

muzna
05-28-2007, 10:06 AM
yesterday

cihad
05-28-2007, 10:35 AM
well youre lucky, it's like i can't cry anymore...its very sad

i've become very desensitised-toomuch tv

muzna
05-28-2007, 11:01 AM
maybe..but its also awful when you cant stop the waterworks

tomtomsmom
05-28-2007, 01:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cihad
i miss it so much , not having all the worries of the world on your back.
the true happiness, where you can laugh out loud and when i still had emotions.

can i ask you all a question...when last did you truly cry?

Last month, while I watched my gradfather take his last breath.

I have so many childhood memories that I hold dear to my heart that it is immpossible to choose just one as a favorite. I love remembering the care free days of being a kid. Catching fireflies on summer nights. Scouting with my dad. Helping my mom make browines for the cook out. Going to the lake for the WHOLE day. Driving across fields in my dads truck and him teaching me to do doughnuts. Brushing my great-grandmothers hair for hours. Picking strawberries. And the list goes on and on............

ABWAN
05-28-2007, 07:26 PM
hmm...Interesting thread! Not quite sure if anyone can remember all of their favorite memories all at once. Sometimes you forget about certain things only to remember them after a long long time, if you are reminded of it.

I often get spam mails saying I have won a cruise or a million dollars. Now when I was a kid, I used to make prank telephone calls, along with my friends, to some random numbers telling them that they won TV etc and asking them to pick it up from some location. I get a little disappointed whenever I think of those days. If I had done that on a large scale and had internet and spam mails been that prevalent those days as it is now, I would have become a millionaire!!

SUMMAYAH
05-29-2007, 04:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ABWAN
hmm...Interesting thread! Not quite sure if anyone can remember all of their favorite memories all at once. Sometimes you forget about certain things only to remember them after a long long time, if you are reminded of it.

I often get spam mails saying I have won a cruise or a million dollars. Now when I was a kid, I used to make prank telephone calls, along with my friends, to some random numbers telling them that they won TV etc and asking them to pick it up from some location. I get a little disappointed whenever I think of those days. If I had done that on a large scale and had internet and spam mails been that prevalent those days as it is now, I would have become a millionaire!!
That reminds me.........Prank phone calls..I guess its a part of growing up :D

...Phoning the fire-brigade......tut, tut,tutt........

Kittygyal
05-29-2007, 04:34 PM
Salamualikum.
Me got loads but am going pick any inshallah.
When was with ma homiez and lit a candle up and post it thru someone letter box and ran away. As people still say now aswel 'snowy is a spoilt brat'
Ma'assalama

SUMMAYAH
05-29-2007, 04:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kittygyal
Salamualikum.
Me got loads but am going pick any inshallah.
When was with ma homiez and lit a candle up and post it thru someone letter box and ran away. As people still say now aswel 'snowy is a spoilt brat'
Ma'assalama
omg! snowy.......u could of killed someone!
tut, tut, tutt.......... dont say thats ur fave memory :D

Re.TiReD
05-29-2007, 04:39 PM
lol reminisce... *sigh*

collecting pogs!
running away from mum after writing on the furniture
crying and laughing for no real reason.....
just being a kid in general :D

Kittygyal
05-29-2007, 04:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SUMMAYAH
omg! snowy.......u could of killed someone!
tut, tut, tutt......dont say thats ur fave memory :D
Salamualikum.
Ah well thats Snowy for you lot, and it wasn't me favourite memory i can go on and on for life. :DF Those were the days after all eh?

Anywho i remember when was with me homiez at night and me and one of my homie wanted to get one of our so called 'worst' enemy in trouble so we started calling his house and each time his mam picked up the cell we would put a different accent up and i would gave it to ma dudes to let them talk and flirt around with the mam. What was really good is the mam was kewl with it and she went along with it. So we knew ma homiez mam was a player. Good idea to check if parents love there hubby/wife.

Ma'assalama

SUMMAYAH
05-29-2007, 04:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *UmmQalam*
lol reminisce... *sigh*

collecting pogs!
running away from mum after writing on the furniture
crying and laughing for no real reason.....
just being a kid in general :D

o'h those days were bliss.......I used to love writing on the wallpaper...:D .....and the pogs...I had jars and jars.........and remember those turtle cards? I had enough of those too!

Re.TiReD
05-29-2007, 04:44 PM
lol how bout them crisps..they were called 'thingies' lol :D oh yeah...I used to play in the garden with the dandelions....:-[ but the best memory is puttin salt in dads tea....yikes! :D

Kittygyal
05-29-2007, 04:46 PM
Salamualikum.
when snowing put snow ball in bro's shoes *yay*

Most of all stay up late. Late night having joints and bouncing and being drunk Astagfirullah those were the days.

shilli shilli snowy

Ma'assalama

SUMMAYAH
05-29-2007, 04:47 PM
lol how bout them crisps..they were called 'thingies' lol :D oh yeah...I used to play in the garden with the dandelions....:-[ but the best memory is puttin salt in dads tea....yikes! :D

Thingies! :D spring onion flavour! that was the best! those 10p crisps were a major part of my childhood! u cud even get 5p bags! And what about the 2p icepops?

Kittygyal
05-29-2007, 04:48 PM
Salamualikum.
What about 'Mojo's' Don't know if the exist in UK but i know in US in ma yard they do
ma'assalama

Re.TiReD
05-29-2007, 04:50 PM
lol yeah I know :D hehe how old are you sis? 10p crisps are very much part of my diet nowadays aswell! muahahah! :D and just a few weeks ago me n ma m8s were complainin bout icepop prices....10p!! tut! the nerve! :D

iwuvaziaf
05-29-2007, 04:51 PM
eid days!!! when all family was together..! one love, one house, everyone present! food wud be gettin ready in a daig (masssssive pot) and for lunch, we were gona eat the meat from the goat I had so enjoyed takin to the park everyday for a month, until eid day... (oh those tears!).. when our worry was gettin money from all the elders and planning which sweets we were gona buy with them.. lol.. had to spend it wisely as mum didnt let me eat sweets.. that was money for the stock i was gona buy for the rest of the year..

oh, those days... alhumdullilah!

salamaleykum

Kittygyal
05-29-2007, 04:52 PM
Salamualikum.
Icepops are now for 20p in UK right?
Ma'assalama

SUMMAYAH
05-29-2007, 04:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kittygyal
Salamualikum.
What about 'Mojo's' Don't know if the exist in UK but i know in US in ma yard they do
ma'assalama
those chews? yeah we do hav them here.....they used to b my favourite! wonder if u can still get them....

Israa
05-29-2007, 04:53 PM
My favourite memory of my childhood is when 'fastelavn' was due and we dressed up and knocked on peoples homes and sang traditional Fastelavn song and then collecting candy or money - very similar to the American tradition of "trick or treat" on Halloween.

Kittygyal
05-29-2007, 04:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SUMMAYAH
those chews? yeah we do hav them here.....they used to b my favourite! wonder if u can still get them....
Salamualikum
Ya. They kindish chewy and soggy and ddddelicious
ma'assalama

Re.TiReD
05-29-2007, 04:56 PM
them 2p pink sweets called 'bubbly' hehhe :okay:

Kittygyal
05-29-2007, 05:02 PM
them 2p pink sweets called 'bubbly' hehhe :okay:
Salamualikum.
You mean candie right:?
Ma'assalama

Woodrow
05-29-2007, 06:52 PM
I don't get to be original here. I have to copy what Keltoi said way on back on the first page.

I believe Keltoi will agree with me. Nothing beats growing up on a farm.

Kittygyal
05-29-2007, 06:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
I don't get to be original here. I have to copy what Keltoi said way on back on the first page.

I believe Keltoi will agree with me. Nothing beats growing up on a farm.
Salamualikum.
That is soo true. In US we can have more pets than in UK! Thats one thing that really gets to me :cry:
Ma'assalama

Re.TiReD
06-17-2007, 02:46 PM
childhood memories!!! :D I got more...lol

numero uno...

sugarpuffs! hehe :okay: yum!

and sleeping over at naani's (grandma's) house with aunties fightin ova hu I was gonna sleep with.

EID DAYS!! they were the best when I was a kid...we would put henna on our hands and then sit and recite the Quran with boths hands at the side, lol those days were so cute man! :D

But nowadays I dont have time for sugarpuffs coz gotta rush to college and eid days....dont have time for mehndi, to busy feedin the masses! hehe

But them years..just amazin :D

sevgi
06-17-2007, 02:51 PM
walking to and from school with my older brother...

i didnt have a good childhood so the only memory i have whcih doesnt involve anything over G rated are my walks to and from school wit my bro. we were like best friends.i love him to bits.noone knew what was in our world but us...and we had this time of walking to imaging it wasnt there...it wasnt happening. we were two, normal like evryone else school kids.

Re.TiReD
06-17-2007, 02:55 PM
awww subhanAllah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.