/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Food For the Thought

Hisbul_Aziz
05-26-2007, 07:30 PM
in this thread, post any quotes that may be of wisdom, truth, or sublime in nature....i'll start

Abdullah bin Mubarak related that it was said to Humdun ibn Ahmad

"Why is the speech of our pious predecessors more beneficial than our speech?" He replied, "Because they spoke of the honour of Islam, for the salvation of the soul, and for the pleasure of the Most Merciful. However, we speak to honour ourselves, to seek out the world, and to please the creation."

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hisbul_Aziz
05-28-2007, 04:13 PM
On the authority of Ja’far ibn Burqaan who said:

“I came to know that Salmaan al-Faarisee (radiyallahu ‘anhu) used to say; “Three things make me laugh and three things make me cry. I laugh at the one who is hopeful of the world yet death seeks him; the one who neglectful (of his Lord) while he is not neglected (by Him); the one who laughs fat the top of his voice, while he does not know whether he is pleasing his Lord or displeasing Him. Three things make me cry: parting from our beloved Muhammad (sallalahu alayhi wasallam) and his Companions; the terror of the onset of the pangs of death; and the standing in front of the Lord of the worlds while not knowing whether I will be turned towards the Fire or Paradise."

Come on people

UmmHasan
05-30-2007, 01:11 AM
Hadhrat Aisha (R) says:

" My father had a collection of five hundred hadiths. One night I noticed that he was very restless. He was tossing about in the bed and could not sleep. I got worried over this and inquired, 'Are you suffering from any trouble or worried about anything.' But he did not speak and remained restless throughout the night. Next morning he called me and said, ' Bring the collection of Hadith that I gave you to keep.' I brought the book and he set fire to it, till it was burnt. He said, ' The collection contained many hadiths that I had heard from other people. I thought if i died and left behind a hadith accepted as authentic by me, but really not so, then I should have to answer for that.'

(come on every1, no offense , but dont be lazy)
share hadith with us all and get the reward for it
(I m not trying to be bossy or trying to brag abt anything:-[ :X )
wasalaam
-Hafsah
P.S.
we r all getting a really good oppurtunity to learn something

Hisbul_Aziz
12-29-2008, 02:15 AM
It is reported from Ya'qoob al-Makfoof that he said:
The sincere person is the one who hides his good deeds just like he hides his evil deeds

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.