/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What a Horrible matter it is !!!

asadxyz
05-26-2007, 09:05 PM
Assalaamo Alaikum;
While browsing Tafsir Bahrul Muhit ,I came across the interpretation of the aya:
تفسير البحر المحيط - (ج 4 / ص 371)
يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آَمَنُوا إِذَا قُمْتُمْ إِلَى الصَّلَاةِ فَاغْسِلُوا وُجُوهَكُمْ وَأَيْدِيَكُمْ إِلَى الْمَرَافِقِ وَامْسَحُوا بِرُءُوسِكُمْ وَأَرْجُلَكُمْ إِلَى الْكَعْبَيْنِ
As below :
وقرأ ابن كثير وأبو عمرو وحمزة وأبو بكر ، وهي قراءة أنس ، وعكرمة ، والشعبي ، والباقر ، وقتادة ، وعلقمة ، والضحاك : وأرجلِكم بالخفض . والظاهر من هذه القراءة اندراج الأرجل في المسح مع الرأس . وروى وجوب مسح الرجلين عن : ابن عباس ، وأنس ، وعكرمة ، والشعبي ، وأبي جعفر الباقر ، وهو مذهب الإمامية من الشيعة .
Then Further it says that :
وقرأ نافع ، والكسائي ، وابن عامر ، وحفص : وأرجلكم بالنصب . واختلفوا في تخريج هذه القراءة ، فقيل : هو معطوف على قوله : وجوهكم وأيديكم إلى المرافق وأرجلكم إلى الكعبين
Is there no consensus on the this Quranic verse ??
A matter of thought
Best of luck

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Kittygyal
05-26-2007, 09:06 PM
Salamualikum.
Translation in English please:?
Ma'assalama

asadxyz
05-26-2007, 09:35 PM
Assalaamo Alaikum
format_quote Originally Posted by Kittygyal
Salamualikum.
Translation in English please:?
Ma'assalama
The actual Aya:
يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آَمَنُوا إِذَا قُمْتُمْ إِلَى الصَّلَاةِ فَاغْسِلُوا وُجُوهَكُمْ وَأَيْدِيَكُمْ إِلَى الْمَرَافِقِ وَامْسَحُوا بِرُءُوسِكُمْ وَأَرْجُلَكُمْ إِلَى الْكَعْبَيْنِ
But it is recorded That some people have read the word "Arjulakum" as "Arujulikum"
If we read Arjulakum = we have to wash our feet
If we read Arjulikum= we have to rub our feet (no need of washing).
My Question is why there is controversy on reading of this Aya??
Best of luck

Kittygyal
05-26-2007, 09:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by asadxyz
Assalaamo Alaikum

The actual Aya:
But it is recorded That some people have read the word "Arjulakum" as "Arujulikum"
Best of luck
Salamualikum.
Basically bro i was asking for the translation of the Ayah, anywho Khair doesn't matter. Well i would suggest you to go fect your local imam better than us cause we have weak knowledge don't wana give wrong thingy bob
anywho i better depart A.S.A.P. Remember me in your dua'ahs inshallah
ma'assalama

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
.:Umniyah:.
05-26-2007, 09:49 PM
Assalaamo Alaikum

The actual Aya:
Best of luck
InshaaAllah bro you can wait until one of our well versed peoples in arabi get online.

Particularlly sister amirah_87 and Mawaddah. They know arabi well Al Hamdulillah, so they may be able to give you an explanation on this.

Until then just be patient i suppose :hmm:

:peace:

boriqee
05-26-2007, 11:53 PM
this is an issue of the one of the qira'a of the al-harf al-uthmaniyyah.

Actually, in all honesty I dont think that it has changed or what you describe as

because what you did was just translate the "word" per se when in fact part of arriving at the meaning is contrasting the word with the context of what is being said which gives a more fuller meaning.

please feel welcome to bring forth all of your preconceived notions of how the quraan has "alledged" contradictions such as the one above

asadxyz
05-27-2007, 12:26 AM
Assalaamo Alaikum

format_quote Originally Posted by al-Izaaree
this is an issue of the one of the qira'a of the al-harf al-uthmaniyyah.

Actually, in all honesty I dont think that it has changed or what you describe as

because what you did was just translate the "word" per se when in fact part of arriving at the meaning is contrasting the word with the context of what is being said which gives a more fuller meaning.

please feel welcome to bring forth all of your preconceived notions of how the quraan has "alledged" contradictions such as the one above
Actually this is not question of simple" Qiraat " (reading) rather it is question of "Iraab" of the word (ارجلكم ).
If you read it as Arjulikum (with "ل " as مجرور) then it will mean rubbing of the feet.And the following of the authorities have read it like this :
. وقرأ ابن كثير وأبو عمرو وحمزة وأبو بكر ، وهي قراءة أنس ، وعكرمة ، والشعبي ، والباقر ، وقتادة ، وعلقمة ، والضحاك : وأرجلِكم
بالخفض
If you read it as Arjulakum (with "ل" as منصوب )then you will wash the feet which these authorities have read :
قرأ نافع ، والكسائي ، وابن عامر ، وحفص : وأرجلكم بالنصب
Here the question that One aya why it is read in two ways giving two different meanings??
I cannot understand what do you mean by the "preconceived notions"? Would you please elaborate it ?? Thanks in advance
Best of luck

boriqee
05-27-2007, 02:19 PM
Assalaamo Alaikum

Actually this is not question of simple" Qiraat " (reading) rather it is question of "Iraab" of the word (ارجلكم ).
If you read it as Arjulikum (with "ل " as مجرور) then it will mean rubbing of the feet.And the following of the authorities have read it like this :
. وقرأ ابن كثير وأبو عمرو وحمزة وأبو بكر ، وهي قراءة أنس ، وعكرمة ، والشعبي ، والباقر ، وقتادة ، وعلقمة ، والضحاك : وأرجلِكم
بالخفض
If you read it as Arjulakum (with "ل" as منصوب )then you will wash the feet which these authorities have read :
قرأ نافع ، والكسائي ، وابن عامر ، وحفص : وأرجلكم بالنصب
Here the question that One aya why it is read in two ways giving two different meanings??I cannot understand what do you mean by the "preconceived notions"? Would you please elaborate it ?? Thanks in advance
Best of luck

i don't have luck, i only have du'a

as for the bold then I meant that preconveived notions of the quran having contradictions.

as for the underlined, as i said before what you are expounding upon is the mere understanding "singular" word and giving the meaning of the verse upon that word whereas the word in question will be determined by the fuller context of the arabic formula given. And example of this is the term "al-wajh"

this term has both the meaning of face, and also that of direction, but the meaning will not be understood except by the context given in the arabic formula

this is not the only term in the quraan that is like this. You merely brought forth one out of some. There are many words who's shakal varies form one qiraa from another bringing a "differing meaning" if the word was taken on its own value, but when measured with the context it brins no varient meaning between the two wordings. So when you said

Im not well versed at all in iraab as it is a much higher level of balaghi arabic. perhaps brother al-madani could xplain this for you

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.