/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A Miracle for the Believers

Ansar Al-'Adl
01-04-2005, 09:08 PM
Indonesia's indestructible mosques defy tsunami onslaught

BANDA ACEH, Indonesia : In Indonesia's tsunami wastelands on the northern tip of Sumatra island, little remains of whole towns lost to the colossal forces that came thundering in from the ocean.

But across these battered shores, dozens of mosques still stand, their minarets glinting defiantly in the sun - a phenomenon survivors in the deeply Islamic region credit as much to divine intervention as robust architecture.

"God's invisible hands prevents the mosque's destruction," said Mukhlis Khaeran, who saw the sea sweep away his home village of Baet outside the north Sumatran city of Banda Aceh, but leave the neighbourhood mosque relatively intact.

"He punishes us for our greed and arrogance but He will protect his house," Khaeran told AFP, his arms covered with injuries sustained in the disaster that killed at least 100,000 people around the north Sumatran province of Aceh.

Mosques are an everyday sight in most of Indonesia, but especially in Aceh, credited with the being one of Islam's main gateways into the archipelago of islands which now forms the world's largest Muslim-populated country.

Despite a long-lasting independence struggle, Aceh, parts of which are under traditional Islamic sharia law, has remained a Muslim heartland for Indonesia, which mostly practices a very relaxed interpretation of the faith.

Spiritual beliefs in Aceh and around the Indian Ocean were tested to the limit on December 26 when an epic earthquake sent towers of water crashing ashore, obliterating virtually everything in their path.

But while some spoke of "God's wrath", hundreds turned to their mosques, in panic for shelter from the advancing tides and later for spiritual comfort in a time of desperate need.

In the village of Kaju, also outside Banda Aceh, hundreds of homes were annihilated while the local mosque suffered only a few cracks in the walls.

"There is a saying among Acehnese that a mosque is God's house and no one can destroy it but God Himself," said Ismail Ishak, 42, who was digging rubble from his crumbled house while searching for seven of his relatives.

In Pasi Lhok, some 20 kilometres (12 miles) east of the north Aceh town of Sigli, 100 frightened people sheltering inside their mosque were spared while almost every house in the surrounding five villages was pulverised, according to chief cleric Teungku Kaoy Ali.

In Meubolah, a town on Aceh's western coast less than 150 kilometres (95 miles) from the quake epicentre which bore the full force of the tsunami, leaving at least 10,000 dead, mosques stand sentinel over a vanished town centre.

Banda Aceh resident Achyar said when he saw the waves pounding in from the sea, his first instinct was to turn and run for the nearest mosque.

"I climbed the mosque tower and hung on to an electric wire until water receded," he said. "Many of my friends, many of them ethnic Chinese, died because they climbed to the second floor of their shops and were trapped there," he said.

Another, less divine, explanation for the survival of the mosques is that many are built much more sturdily than most of the other structures in the towns and cities of Aceh.

However one mosque in Sigli was made only of wood but still survived unscathed despite all the other buildings around it being destroyed.

Banda Aceh's grand Baiturrahman mosque suffered partial damage from the quake and tsunami, but proved invaluable to the city's survivors in the minutes, hours and days that followed the cataclysm.

For many it became a rallying place to search for missing friends or relatives, a makeshift hospital to treat the injured and a morgue to collect the dead.

With much of Banda Aceh likely to remain in ruins for months, residents were quick to repay their debt to their cherished religious buildings, working swiftly to ensure the Baiturrahman mosque was one of the first places restored.

On Sunday, some 300 survivors gathered for their first prayers since their five-times daily ritual was halted - a major step on the long road back to normality in Aceh. - AFP
[/i]

:sl:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
A. Mukhtar
01-07-2005, 08:06 PM
Amazing miracle.

aamirsaab
01-07-2005, 08:15 PM
boooooooooooyah!..sorry

i mean witness the power of allah.
in the news i heard that the only buildings to survive were the moesques.

allah works in myserious ways to the human eye.
but inshalla all will be revealed when the time comes.

Uthman
01-08-2005, 03:21 PM
Subhanallah! If that can't open the eyes of the people then what will?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Khattab
01-08-2005, 11:58 PM
i heard a church also survived?

root
01-09-2005, 01:00 PM
Guess I am blind then. Seems the building had a good foundation like the tree's u see so close to the building.

Brother_Mujahid
01-09-2005, 01:28 PM
does it not the slightest shock you that out of a whole village the mosque and surrounding trees stay standing.

WomanOfJihad
01-09-2005, 03:20 PM
Guess I am blind then. Seems the building had a good foundation like the tree's u see so close to the building.
the majority of the trees look like coconut trees to me.. n coconut trees ARe REALLy STRONG n SUPPORTIVE .. dnt think they wud fall down easilyyy ... whereas Buildings especially depending on how OLD they have been,they can easily collapse ..

Fair enough if u sayin the building had a good foundationn.. then theres other thing to b noticed about.. theres nt even a SCRATCHH or CRAK or any kind of Mud on it .. SubhanAllah.. its just UNTOUCHEDD ...

Uma Rayanah
01-09-2005, 03:26 PM

Subxaan Allah....

Uthman
01-09-2005, 03:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amir
i heard a church also survived?
As did a Buddhist statue.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/...in664238.shtml

:)

WomanOfJihad
01-09-2005, 06:32 PM
SUBHANALLAH.. these r all Miracle ...

aamirsaab
01-09-2005, 06:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Osman
for those who believe in him and his existence:
this truly is the power of god - he saved all the places of worship

for those who do not:
i wish not to offend those who do not and thus i am unable 2 say anything apart from this - see evidence with your OWN eyes. Your OWN heart and your OWN mind.

may god(allah) bless u all.
have a good night

Ratz0rs
03-23-2005, 11:10 AM

What do you guys think about this??
give your opinions

Umm Yoosuf
03-23-2005, 12:02 PM
Subhanallah!

Uthman
03-23-2005, 02:32 PM

Subhanallah!

Now, I don't mean to be sceptical, but are you sure this is true? Because it is not my wish to criticise my own people but sometimes people really go to extreme lengths and produce things like this which is all too easy. Why? God knows.

But forgive me if this really did happen. Subhanallah! Praise be to Allah! :)

:w:

Khattab
03-23-2005, 02:37 PM
We see things like this all the time some are true some are fabricated, so I woudnt read to much into it

Ibn Abi Ahmed
03-23-2005, 07:56 PM
Allahu Alam

Ansar Al-'Adl
03-23-2005, 08:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Osman
If you read the article itself, it shows how the Buddhist statues were protected in walls and were very sturdy. Furthermore, they did not recieve as heavy a hit.

But the Masjid made out of rickety wood survived the full force of the impact.

Celestial
03-23-2005, 08:49 PM

subhanallah this are signs from allah and also sign for the end of the world as we know it ( the increase of natural disasters that it). but allah give us clues to where to look for prove for the existence of god and that is us. looking at how we are made subhanallah. when you do biology you really shows you how great allah is.

e.g.
blood clotting goes through 90 or so reactions and if one of those reactions doesn't happen your blood would not be able to clot at all ( haemophilia). Therefore you could bleed to dead from a minor wound >> SUBhANALLAH.

root
03-24-2005, 12:24 PM
It would be interesting to know these simple facts about the first picture:

1. How much did the homes around the Mosque cost to build and man hours to build.

2. The same as above but the Mosque and not the house, for I would predict that the two will not be equal.

Ansar Al-'Adl
03-24-2005, 11:30 PM
Yes, it would be interesting to know that. As the article mentioned, one mosque was so poorly constructed out of weak wood, but it survived the strongest hit from the tsunami.

Uthman
03-25-2005, 02:18 PM

And yet, people still come up with the most wonderful excuses not to believe!

h1jabi_sista
03-26-2005, 03:50 PM
subhanallah! wow! that wave picture is really convincing :) but how could someone get a camra all the way up there just at the time at the time the tsunami hit?? :confused:
allahu alum, allah knows best.

shamsudin
03-26-2005, 06:13 PM
:brother: :brother: Allah Hu Akbar

As salam alkume wr wb

The Miracle we are seeing today is just a one simple sign from allah swt we see miracle in our own eyes soon as we wake up from sleep and before we go to sleep death is miracle walking is miracle everthing single thing we have or do is a miracle it's called the Tawhed(oncess) of allah swt you have brother and sisters to understand allah swt our Rab Our As-Shaeed As-Salam Al-Mutkabr in order to see his miracle just look what is around you..

Salam alkume wr wb :)

sister-yasmin
09-04-2005, 12:39 PM
:w: i found pictures on line of allahs name found in plants, food and ect... and i want u guys to check it out .plz!! its realy nice.

http://www.islamcan.com/miracles/index.shtml

subhanallah!!!!

Zuko
09-04-2005, 12:43 PM
ahh good ol' islamcan................

Ansar Al-'Adl
09-04-2005, 01:25 PM
Threads merged.

They have some interesting pictures from the Tsunami Masjids:

Some of the images on the site are very nice, however others are so farfetched it can be insulting.

And Allah swt knows best.

sister-yasmin
09-04-2005, 03:14 PM
yeah.allah knows best.but that is reallt true

asalama aleykum

Henry
09-04-2005, 06:23 PM
Assalamu Alaikam Waramatuallah Wabarakatu
One thing that I'd like to add. Some people will counter that with a statement like "Well they stood because they had good foundation."

Yes, they did! And that person is absolutely right. The way I see it, since Allah (SWT) is in controll of everything, willed for the construction of it to be sturdy and well so it will hold. Either way, anything that happens in life, whether an absolute miracle or a scientific fact, is still a gift from Allah (SWT) :)

moddy
09-05-2005, 08:10 AM

Dozens of mosques still stand during Tsunami
this mosque in Sigli was made only of wood but still survived unscathed despite all the other buildings around it being destroyed

During Katina Hurricane on Aug. 31, where six Presbyterian churches were destroyed, Canon Johnson said Christ Church, Bay Saint Louis; Trinity, Pass Christian; [censored]. Patrick’s, Long Beach; [censored]. Peter’s, Gulfport; [censored]. Mark’s, Gulfport; and Redeemer, Biloxi, had been “demolished.”

April 8, 1998 Alabama
It was a night when 14 churches were heavily damaged or destroyed.

A MIRACLE FROM THE ALLAH ALMIGHTY! THOSE WITH INSIGHT WILL RETURN TO THE PATH OF GOD BEFORE THE COMING DOOM.

Uthman
09-05-2005, 08:21 AM

Amazing miracles, SubhanAllah. Those who were blind in this world, will be blind in the hereafter.

mahdisoldier19
09-06-2005, 12:43 AM
I have a few pics of these to i dont know how to paste them but some mentioned that a few buddha statues stand this is a test of Allah swt, Look how many buddha stand compared to the Masjits, This is a quick test to determine who will believe. For the masjid that exist people will say its Allah swt will for the buddha that exist some will say that its buddhas power, yet Allah swt will see what the real answer is because Allah swt will see what our reply is its kinda hard to say this lol, you juss gotta open ur heart and try because of Allah swt only let the masjit stand people would follow Allah swt immediatly, but Allah swt allowed a few buddha statues to stand to see what our reply will be. because some will say oh it is because of buddha that it stands and whoevers mouth that comes from Allah swt will surely deal with it because Allah swt is the best of Disposing affairs Subhana Allah so you see if only Allah swt let the masjits stand everyone would of said wow , but Allah swt let a few buddha to stand to see what the real replies would be.

A7med
09-07-2005, 04:38 PM
Subhanallah!!! Amazing!!!!!!!

☆ღUmm Uthmanღ☆
09-22-2005, 07:09 PM
Allahu Akbar! Allah Is Great!

- Qatada -
09-22-2005, 07:23 PM
:sl: warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

Allah's name written by the clouds

(swt) knows best.

sonz
11-24-2005, 09:47 PM
asalam

chk this out

a lion saying "allah"

http://www.djigit.com/video/lom.wmv

what u think about it?

masalama

Ansar Al-'Adl
11-24-2005, 10:07 PM
Muslims can believe that all animals are praising God without having to make claims that a lion roaring is explicitly mentioning God's name in arabic. It gets to a ridiculous point when people make such far-fetched claims; they should fear Allah and stick to the truth.

Muezzin
11-24-2005, 10:08 PM

I agree, but still, that movie is grrreat!

sapphire
11-24-2005, 10:13 PM
wow!!!!subhanalah....

Umm Yoosuf
11-24-2005, 10:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ansar Al-'Adl
Muslims can believe that all animals are praising God without having to make claims that a lion roaring is explicitly mentioning God's name in arabic. It gets to a ridiculous point when people make such far-fetched claims; they should fear Allah and stick to the truth.

:w: Can you expand on what your saying here brother:nervous:

TEH
11-24-2005, 11:08 PM
You know, I think the lion was saying 'masala'...

:D

☆ღUmm Uthmanღ☆
11-25-2005, 12:53 AM

Fear Allah!

Ansar Al-'Adl
11-25-2005, 03:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jannah
:w: Can you expand on what your saying here brother:nervous:
What I'm saying is that there are Muslims who will interpret every sound of an animal - from the meow of a cat to the moo of a cow - into some Islamic phrase and then send it everywhere on the internet labelled as a 'miracle'. The video with the lion just had a lion making normal growls etc. and to claim that it was actually saying 'Allah' in arabic makes all Muslims look foolish. Besides, we already know that all animals praise Allah in their everyday movements and actions. Alhamdulilah, we already have so many miracles that we don't need to lower ourselves to the level of making such ridiculous claims.

Umm Yoosuf
11-27-2005, 08:12 AM
Loq Subhanallah :) True, true.

mehnaz
11-27-2005, 09:08 AM
salaam,
SubhanAllah....i think our everyday life is full of soo many miracles from Allah swt....once i was watching a documentary on the human body....andi must've sed SubhanAllah like a million times....and ever tried looking at ants and the way they work...u shud try it u know....its soo amazing....and the beautiful patterns and colors on butterflies...hmmm...i cud go on forever......
FiAmanillah

Hemoo
01-26-2006, 04:25 PM
:sl: brothers and sisters of islam .

i wanted to share with you this image of the waves of the sea that appeared after the earthquake in Tsunami.

and i remind you with what al-shiekh alalaama naser aldeen alalbany (rahimahu allah) mentioned in his book of the truthful hadeeth that :-

the prophet said "there will be in this nation khasf (means collapse or falling down inside the ground or cleave the earth under them) and qazf (means striking or throw something on) and maskh (means transformation or metamorphose) and all of this thing will appear if they drink the alcoholic drinks and had women singing and played on the musical instruments."

and there is another hadeeth that tells the same meaning without mentioning "there will be in this nation" and instead it says that "there will be"

and i guess these things and more has been done in the beaches of Sri Lanka

for more images here is the link

http://www.globalsecurity.org/eye/andaman-sri-lanka.htm

all regards from your brother hemoo

TabTabiun
01-26-2006, 04:45 PM
As-Salaam Walikum
Mashallah....Suphanallah....
Allah (SWT) Is NO Joke!!!
As-Salaam Walikum

Hemoo
01-31-2006, 07:42 PM
wa alykom alsalam brother TabTabiun

and jazak allah khayran for your contribution

wa alsalamo alykom

Hemoo
02-02-2006, 07:50 PM
did any one post a topic or article about Tsunami here in the forum before
and what's your opinion about this picture ?????

i am waiting and salam all

Muhammad
02-02-2006, 08:05 PM

Threads merged.

Please have a look through this thread and you will find comments about that picture, Insha'Allaah.

north_malaysian
02-03-2006, 03:45 AM
During last year tsunami about 60 people died in Malaysia, all in northern states (Kedah, Penang Island). It's something we never seen before and not prepared for it. For us big waves only happens when the wind blows hard. But during that ill fateful day, many holidaymakers went to the beach and dont realize tsunami is coming. But I've read in local tabloids that a man was performing salat on the rock by the beach at Pulau Betong, Penang that day and the wave didn't hit him. All Muslim victim bodies founded (buried with proper Islamic services), but until today they're still some chinese buddhists missing and can't be found and the Government just declared they're 'dead' last year (2005). They're some witnesses acccounts saying that Floating Tanjung Bungah Mosque escaped the tsunami even it's build on the top of seawater.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.