/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Dream Interpretation

Ummah
05-27-2007, 12:40 PM
Asalaamualaikum

does anybody know of any scholars i can contact in regards to dream interpretation?

JazakhAllah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Rafeeq
05-27-2007, 07:47 PM
Dear Ummah,
Basically the knowledge of interpretation of dreams was given to YUSUF Alah-e-Salam as Moujza. I think there is no evidance in SAHIH HADITH the prophet Muhammad has given any interpretation of dream or tought sahaba such knowledge( ILM) .
Allah Knows the best.

Sunnih
05-27-2007, 09:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by rafeeq
Dear Ummah,
Basically the knowledge of interpretation of dreams was given to YUSUF Alah-e-Salam as Moujza. I think there is no evidance in SAHIH HADITH the prophet Muhammad has given any interpretation of dream or tought sahaba such knowledge( ILM) .
Allah Knows the best.
This is wrong. In Sahih al-Bukhari you will see that the Prophet did interpret dreams and also testified that Abu Bakr was right in explaining the dream but was wrong to swear on interpreting it. There are quite a few ahadith that show that the prophet did interpret dreams.

From the schoolars of Islam, Muhamed ibn Sirin was the best in interpreting dreams and he was from the foremost of the tabieen.

islamirama
05-27-2007, 09:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ummah
Asalaamualaikum

does anybody know of any scholars i can contact in regards to dream interpretation?

JazakhAllah
wa'alaikum as'salaam,

Darul Ulm Chicago

Office Timings Monday thru Friday 9:30 am - 6pm
Friday closed between 12pm - 2:30pm (Jumah)
Sat & Sun 9:30am - 1pm
Mailing Address 2517 W Devon
Suite # 3
Chicago IL 60659

Phone 773.764.8501 / 773.764.8274
Fax 773.764.8497
Email info@shariahboard.org

Maulana Mufti Mohammed Nawal-ur-Rahman – Alim with specialty in Dream Interpretation

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ummah
05-28-2007, 10:23 AM
jazakhAllah =)

anymore help will also be appreciated.i forgot to say i live in UK. but iwill try n contact the above on email

Sunnih
06-03-2007, 12:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ummah
jazakhAllah =)

anymore help will also be appreciated.i forgot to say i live in UK. but iwill try n contact the above on email
You can find the book attributed to Ibn Sireen in London in most of the book shops.

adeel
06-03-2007, 04:12 PM
What do you mean by this 'Dream Interpretation'?
Does it mean someone who has come into your dream.
My brother had a dream that he saw the Prophet Muhammad (p.b.u.h). Mashallah
Salaam

Pk_#2
06-03-2007, 04:21 PM
AsalamuALyakum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh,

Dream interpretation is mentioned in the Qur'an and was regularly practiced by the Prophet (PBUH). The Islamic concept of dreams as framed by the Prophet: "There are three types of dreams: a righteous dream that is glad tidings from Allah; the dream which causes sadness is from Satan; and a dream from the ramblings of the mind."

Allah says, "When he (Abraham's son) was old enough to walk with him, he (Abraham) said, 'O my son! I have seen in a dream that I offered you in sacrifice. What do you think?' He repliedO my father! Do as you are commanded. Allah Willing - you will find me steadfast.' So when they had both submitted themselves to the Will of Allah and he had laid him on his forehead (for sacrifice), We called out to him: "O Abraham! You have already fulfilled the dream (vision)! It is in this way that I reward the righteous." [As Saffaat 37:102-105], '

Apart from the dream of Abraham, three other dreams are recorded in the Holy Quran, in Chapter Yousuf, the story Allah describes as 'the most beautiful of stories' where Joseph said: "O my Lord! Thou has indeed bestowed on me some power and taught me something of the interpretation of dreams and events. O Thou Creator of the heavens and the earth! Thou art my protector in this world and the Hereafter take Thou my soul (at death) as one submitting to Thy Will (as a Muslim) and unite me with the righteous." [Yousuf 12:101]

Among the miracles that Allah bestows on His prophets to convince folk of their veracity, Joseph got the gift of dream interpretation. At a very early age, Joseph was having prophetic dreams. He tells his father, Jacob, that he saw "eleven stars and the sun and the moon prostrating before him." His concerned dad tells him "My dear little son! Relate not thy vision to thy brothers lest they concoct a plan against thee. For Satan to man is an avowed enemy." [12:3-4]

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.