/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Piggest...

Umar001
05-28-2007, 12:17 AM
As Salam Aleykum,

I saw this in the newspaper thought Id share it.

An 11-year-old Alabama boy used a pistol to kill a wild hog that just may be the biggest pig ever found.

Jamison Stone's father says the hog his son killed weighed a 1,051 pounds and measured 9-feet-4 from the tip of its snout to the base of its tail. Think hams as big as car tires.

If the claims are accurate, Jamison's trophy boar would be bigger than Hogzilla, the famed wild hog that grew to seemingly mythical proportions after being killed in south Georgia in 2004.

Hogzilla originally was thought to weigh 1,000 pounds and measure 12 feet in length. National Geographic experts who unearthed its remains believe the animal actually weighed about 800 pounds and was 8 feet long.

After seeing the pig in person, taxidermist Jerry Cunningham told The Anniston Star it was "the biggest thing I'd ever seen ... it's huge."

(Story continues below)

The Anniston Star reported that the feral hog was weighed at the Clay County Farmer's Exchange in Lineville. Workers at the co-op verified that the basic truck scales used were recently certified by the state. But no workers from the co-op were present when the hog was weighed.

Jamison is reveling in the attention over his pig, which has a Web site put up by his father — http://www.monsterpig.com — that is generating Internet buzz.

"It feels really good," Jamison, of Pickensville, said in a telephone interview with The Associated Press. "It's a good accomplishment. I probably won't ever kill anything else that big."

Jamison, who killed his first deer at age 5, was hunting with father Mike Stone and two guides in east Alabama on May 3 when he bagged Hogzilla II. He said he shot the huge animal eight times with a .50-caliber revolver and chased it for three hours through hilly woods before finishing it off with a point-blank shot.

Through it all there was the fear that the animal would turn and charge them, as wild boars have a reputation of doing.

"I was a little bit scared, a little bit excited," said Jamison, who just finished the sixth grade on the honor roll at Christian Heritage Academy, a small, private school.

His father said that, just to be extra safe, he and the guides had high-powered rifles aimed and ready to fire in case the beast with 5-inch tusks decided to charge.

With the pig finally dead in a creek bed on the 2,500-acre Lost Creek Plantation, a commercial hunting preserve in Delta, trees had to be cut down and a backhoe brought in to bring Jamison's prize out of the woods.

It was hauled on a truck to the Clay County Farmers Exchange in Lineville, where Jeff Kinder said they used his scale, which was recently calibrated, to weigh the hog.

Kinder, who didn't witness the weigh-in, said he was baffled to hear the reported weight of 1,051 pounds because his scale — an old, manual style with sliding weights — only measures to the nearest 10.

"I didn't quite understand that," he said.

Mike Stone said the scale balanced one notch past the 1,050-pound mark, and he thought it meant a weight of 1,051 pounds.

"It probably weighed 1,060 pounds. We were just afraid to change it once the story was out," he said.

The hog's head is now being mounted on an extra-large foam form by Cunningham of Jerry's Taxidermy in Oxford. Cunningham said the animal measured 54 inches around the head, 74 inches around the shoulders and 11 inches from the eyes to the end of its snout.

Mike Stone is having sausage made from the rest of the animal. "We'll probably get 500 to 700 pounds," he said.

Jamison, meanwhile, has been offered a small part in "The Legend of Hogzilla," a small-time horror flick based on the tale of the Georgia boar. The movie is holding casting calls with plans to begin filming in Georgia.

The Anniston Star reported that congratulatory calls have come all the way from California, where Jamison appeared on a radio talk show. Jamison apparently has gotten words of congratulation from Rickey Medlocke of Lynyrd Skynyrd, country music star Kenny Chesney, Tom Knapp of Benelli firearms and Jerry Miculek of Smith & Wesson.

Jamison is enjoying the newfound celebrity generated by the hog hunt, but he said he prefers hunting pheasants to monster pigs.

"They are a little less dangerous."

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,275524,00.html

Note: The pig is cut off, in the pic i saw it showed abit longer, I'll upload it from my fone tomorow insha'Allah.

From the site:

Now, I say, Tell Me That's Not Pig!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
syilla
05-28-2007, 03:06 AM
:sl:

why they have to kill it?

Skillganon
05-28-2007, 03:20 AM
because the wan't to eat it.

جوري
05-28-2007, 03:41 AM
loooooooool.. am sure these can feed them for weeks to come, hope they don't contract Tinea solium from it... wish that pig had eaten Daniel Pipes before it met with a certain fate..

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
cihad
05-28-2007, 10:57 AM
grosss

Muslim Knight
05-28-2007, 11:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by cihad
grosss
Super haram

Umar001
05-28-2007, 07:48 PM
I wonder how it died from such a small gun.

chacha_jalebi
05-28-2007, 07:53 PM
^ poison in the bullet? or it could have hit the heart

the poor piglet :(

lookin on the bright side they got food for like the next year :D

Al-Zaara
05-28-2007, 08:04 PM
It would have been cool letting it live.

Seriously.

Woodrow
05-28-2007, 08:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al Habeshi
I wonder how it died from such a small gun.
OOOps, I just read the article a bit better. the kid had a .50 cal pistol and used 8 shots to kill it. To put things in perspective, that has nearly twice the power of a .44 mag. on a .50 cal the bullet is 1/2 inch in diameter and weighs nearly 8 ounces. In other words roughly the same size as anti aircraft bullets. Larger than any weapons the US Army uses for ground troops.

A quick glance at the pistol I would say it was a .44 mag. I used to carry one and believe me a .44 mag is sufficient to down an Elephant.

The bear was now in the open just 25 yards away and presented a perfect broadside position to Petersen. He quickly lined up the sights and carefully squeezed off his first shot, using the two-handed hold he favors. The aiming point was just behind the huge shoulder and had been decided on as the best spot in prehunt discussions. It was felt that the shoulder itself would present too massive an object for good penetration of the 240-grain .44 Norma bullet.

At the shot, the bear staggered perceptibly and the tell-tale red spot, indicating the point of impact, appeared exactly where it should. It still had not spotted the three men.

Also as planned, Petersen fought down the big sixgun out of recoil and squeezed off his second shot, hitting the bear just three inches lower than the first bullet. Again the bear staggered, then he bellowed and swapped directions, facing the other way. He simply stood there swaying as the third slug slammed into him, quartering behind the left shoulder. This one bowled him over, but he bounced right back up. The fourth and fifth rounds also hit back of the diaphragm and ranged forward into the chest cavity, and the bear simply toppled over with hardly a quiver. The whole scene lasted seven or eight seconds.

This bear is in good handgun range after patient stalking. Skill at stalking is as important in handgun hunting as is skill with the sixgun. You have to get close.

Taking no chances, the trio stood there with Thompson covering the bear with his rifle as Petersen quickly reloaded. But the first recorded polar bear ever to fall to a .44 Magnum had had it.

Denny's first words were that he had never believed it possible for the big sixgun to be fired that rapidly and accurately under those conditions. His look and tone of admiration for Petersen's performance was justified. Petersen, with the slightest trace of perspiration visible beneath the fur piece of his parka, grinned weakly and simply said, "Phew!"

An on-the-spot autopsy during the skinning operations confirmed the fact that three out of the five .44s had penetrated the bear, and all five had been vital area hits.

The estimated weight of the bear, based on hide measurements, was around 1,500 pounds--a truly outstanding specimen. Department Of Fish & Game biologists a couple of days later measured the skull, which checked out at 27 1/4 inches. This will put the bear well up in the Boone & Crockett records. It is a trophy any hunter can well be proud of, but the fact that it was also taken with a sixgun under the above circumstances simply adds frosting to the cake.
Source:

http://www.gunsandammomag.com/classics/polar_1007/

H4RUN
05-28-2007, 08:06 PM
:yawn:Ah i've killed bigger whilst walkin to the high street :playing:

chacha_jalebi
05-28-2007, 08:08 PM
it does make me question why did a 11 yr old have a gun? :mmokay:

and like sis zara said it would have been better to let it live, but imagine that runnin down your road:rollseyes , woh blud

Kittygyal
05-28-2007, 08:11 PM
Salamualikum.
Om... thats cruel and why did the little dude have a pistol anyway? As it was a 'Pig' maybe he killed it because the little dude was hungry for some food or something Allah Hu Alim.
Okay, i understand if a muslim killed it but a non-muslim killed it woow subhnallah.
No offence to noone inshallah
Ma'assalama

Woodrow
05-28-2007, 08:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
it does make me question why did a 11 yr old have a gun? :mmokay:

and like sis zara said it would have been better to let it live, but imagine that runnin down your road:rollseyes , woh blud
In Alabama Hog hunting is a big sport and yes kids are permitted to hunt. Keep in mind gun laws here in the states are fairly lax and in most rural areas kids will grow up hunting. I had my first rifle when I was about five years old and my first pistol by the time I was 8 years old.

But, I do agree it would have been better to let it live. Sport hunting is not a good sport and I am opposed to any form of sport hunting. I will not go as far as to say it should be outlawed as it is fees from the hunting licenses that pay for most of the conservation projects here.

chacha_jalebi
05-28-2007, 08:33 PM
u no uncle/ bro woody, that its the same in pakistan, but only with pigs like in the wild they have hogs that some how breed, and if they stray into the towns and cities the whole street chases them, in a attempt to kill them, which is ridiculous!

im also opposed to animal huntin for the fun off it, if you need food yeh thats fine, but no no no, otherwise :D

syilla
05-29-2007, 12:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skillganon
because the wan't to eat it.
they should eat other pig (in the farm)...not the wild one. :enough!:

pitty the pig... :laugh:

Muslim Knight
05-29-2007, 12:48 AM
They should have captured it instead and put it in a zoo!!

*Chuckle* Sorry.. had to say it out loud. My own inner child speaking.

Lina
05-29-2007, 11:21 PM

May 25

MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) - Hogzilla is being made into a horror movie. But the sequel may be even bigger: Meet Monster Pig. An 11-year-old Alabama boy used a pistol to kill a wild hog his father says weighed a staggering 1,051 pounds and measured 9-feet-4 from the tip of its snout to the base of its tail. Think hams as big as car tires.
If the claims are accurate, Jamison Stone's trophy boar would be bigger than Hogzilla, the famed wild hog that grew to seemingly mythical proportions after being killed in south Georgia in 2004.

Hogzilla originally was thought to weigh 1,000 pounds and measure 12 feet in length. National Geographic experts who unearthed its remains believe the animal actually weighed about 800 pounds and was 8 feet long.

Feshkel..

'Abd al-Baari
05-29-2007, 11:40 PM

wow..that thing looks scary...:D

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
05-29-2007, 11:59 PM
Looks like a hairy whale.

Lina
05-30-2007, 06:03 PM

Scary indeed.

Kittygyal
05-30-2007, 06:11 PM
Salamualikum.
*hides under duvey*
Ma'assalama

Ubaidah
05-30-2007, 09:08 PM
Although the site of a hog that size is amazing, I see no redeeming quality of hunting for sport.

Woodrow
06-02-2007, 12:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by JMF
Although the site of a hog that size is amazing, I see no redeeming quality of hunting for sport.
The updated story is even more sickening. It was not a wild Hog. It was tame and was on a fenced in Farm. Wander what kind of "Sportsmanship" that boy learned.

`Monster Pig' raised on an Alabama farm, not a wild pig

The Associated Press

June 01, 2007

The huge hog that became known as 'Monster Pig' after being killed by an 11-year-old boy was raised on a farm where it had another name: Fred.

Phil Blissitt said he purchased the 6-week-old pig in December 2004 as a Christmas gift for his wife Rhonda, and they sold it to the owner of Lost Creek Plantation after deciding to get rid of all the pigs at their farm.

He told The Anniston Star in a story Friday that the sale was four days before the hog was killed in a 150-acre fenced area of the plantation.

'I just wanted the truth to be told. That wasn't a wild pig,' Rhonda Blissitt said.

The Blissitts said they didn't know the huge hog drawing widespread media attention was Fred until they were contacted by Andy Howell, game warden for the Alabama Department of Wildlife and Freshwater Fisheries, whose agency found that no laws were violated in the hunt.

'Did you see that pig on TV?' Phil Blissitt recalled Howell asking. 'I said, 'Yeah, I had one about that size.' He said, 'No, that one is yours.'

'That's when I knew.''

Phil Blissitt said he became irritated when he learned that some thought the photos of Fred were doctored.

'That was a big hog,' he said.

Mike Stone, the father of Jamison Stone, the 11-year-old boy who shot the huge hog to death during what they described as a three-hour chase, has said the hog weighed more than 1,000 pounds and was more than 9 feet long. He told the Star he had been under the impression that the hog was wild, not farm-raised.

Source: http://www.topix.net/content/ap/0071...75032297004334

Malaikah
06-02-2007, 01:24 AM

How did it grow that big?? It that normal for pigs? :uuh:

Anyway, it is disgusting to think that little kids are running around killing animals for 'sport'.

Muslim Knight
06-02-2007, 01:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malaikah

How did it grow that big?? It that normal for pigs? :uuh:

Anyway, it is disgusting to think that little kids are running around killing animals for 'sport'.
Since it was raised in a farm there could be possibility that they used growth hormones on it. You know, like what they used on chickens so that they grow faster and larger.

Woodrow
06-02-2007, 01:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Knight
Since it was raised in a farm there could be possibility that they used growth hormones on it. You know, like what they used on chickens so that they grow faster and larger.
The commercial pig farms do use a lot of growth hormones as their goal is to produce the most meat in the shortest time. On a pig farm the pigs are very seldom allowed to live over 3 months.

Keep in mind they are very similar to Hippotomus and Elephants. They are very big animals. It is rare for a farm raised pig to be allowed to reach over 3 years old.

Typicaly a pig is butchered when it is three months old and it should weigh 200 pounds at that age.

A pig is not considered to be fully grown until it is at least 3 three old. It is not fully known the full life expectancy of a pig but, some are known to be over 25 years old. although a pig does have a long life expectancy, they are capable of reproducing when they are about 6 months old and the females can have up to 2 litters a year. Usually a litter will be 14 piglets.

On the domestic "eating" type pigs I have seen many older sows(females) that weighed over 1000 pounds(500 kgs). A boar could become larger, but a large Boar would be very dangerous. The tusks of a large boar can be over a foot long and sharp as a knife. I've seen boars kill bob-cats and coyotes. I've also heard stories of people being killed by them.

Yep, before I was Muslim I used to raise the critters. However, I did not have "eating" pigs I had Pot-Belly pigs that are just raised as pets. On a farm a pig can be a valuable asset as some of the things they will do is kill any snakes that may harm the other animals, keep water holes dug out (Pigs love to swim) please they can be vivious to predators and will chase them off. In the right place and when used for the right purposes they are very helpful.

Most people will never see a full grown pig. There are over 2,000 types of pigs. nearly all have been domesticatic and raised for food. A few have never been used for food such as the Fiji island nesting pig and a few others mostlyfrom the Pacific Islands. There are a few varieties in the Pacific areas that live along the ocean and catch fish for food.

I believe pigs can be very beneficial on a farm, however the purpose should not be for eating. they are very intelligent. Normally they are the cleanest farm animal if allowed to be clean ( reference to body cleanliness.)

A pig needs a lot of land to roam on. But most farmers do not let them have it. The result is you have people trying to raise an animal that is the size of a cow in a space the that is smaller than most peoples bed rooms. Pigs are the most mistreated of the farm animals and are forced to live in the worse of conditions, simply because they can survive in harsh conditions. They get the smallest space, fed the scraps and garbage. Pigs seldom have a seperate area to use for a bath room and are forced to live in fith. Very few farmers will provide ponds for them to swim in, which is sad as pigs love to swim and in hot areas do need cool water to stay comfortable and to keep from stinking. Pigs do sweat in the heat.

So getting back to pigs. It makes sense that they are Haram. It has been a huge injustice to both humans and the pigs that people ever began raising them as a food animal.

Muezzin
06-02-2007, 05:55 PM
Talk about hogging the limelight.

Is that a warts-and-all picture?

Holy ham!

Scratchings are forever.

...and other, better, puns.

H4RUN
06-02-2007, 08:29 PM
the use of anabolic steroids is now in the animal world aswel:p

06-05-2007, 07:00 PM
That Pig Is Biiiiigg Lol

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!