/* */

PDA

View Full Version : wat does this word mean

anonymous
05-28-2007, 01:51 AM
:sl:what does khatimiyyah mean...:-[ sorry i know this isnt really what the section is for
:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Malaikah
05-29-2007, 09:13 AM
:sl:

I'm guessing that is an Arabic word yeh? sorry, no clue.

Gangster No.1
05-29-2007, 09:19 AM
where is the word from?

00:00
05-29-2007, 10:02 AM
Like Khatmiya Nabiut

urdu word i think means, end of, finish.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
amirah_87
05-29-2007, 10:10 AM
:sl:

^It seems like an arabic too, derived from the verb "Khatama" which means: To end.

Khatmiyyah would be like the ending I think.

Strzelecki
05-29-2007, 10:21 AM
I googled just quickly and got results regarding Sudan...Maybe something Historical?

Snowflake
05-31-2007, 05:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 00:00
Like Khatmiya Nabiut

urdu word i think means, end of, finish.
Khatme Nabuwat - means End of Prophetdom, i.e. Prophetdom ended with Muhammed (PBUH). So yup Khatmiyah means 'end' of something.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.