/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Question about the Salafi Manhaj

eyeofthestorm
05-28-2007, 10:24 PM
salamu aleqm
im a newly practicin muslim n im really interested in de slafi methodolgy bt i dnt agree wid muslims breaking up into various groups as it creates division thus no unity no ummah, so i dont know does any1 know of dis sect, i mean de follow de quran n sunnah bt i thougt sunnis do dt 2 i dnt gt it?
but i wnt 2 a tlk recently and dey seem really good n sum1 tld me recently dt near de end of time only a small sect will be practicin real islam.just wanna kno wt u all tink or know of slafis

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
05-28-2007, 10:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by eyeofthestorm
salamu aleqm
im a newly practicin muslim n im really interested in de slafi methodolgy bt i dnt agree wid muslims breaking up into various groups as it creates division thus no unity no ummah, so i dont know does any1 know of dis sect, i mean de follow de quran n sunnah bt i thougt sunnis do dt 2 i dnt gt it?
but i wnt 2 a tlk recently and dey seem really good n sum1 tld me recently dt near de end of time only a small sect will be practicin real islam.just wanna kno wt u all tink or know of slafis
:w:

I'm sorry ukhti, I can not understand your post. Text speak is quite like a foreign language to us older members.

eyeofthestorm
05-28-2007, 10:59 PM
lol k i will write it again the basic jist of the thread was, is salafi the right methodolgy because i am a newly practicing muslim and i think its great but i dont agree with all these groups forming so just wondering what everyones views on this group are.

NoName55
05-28-2007, 11:10 PM
:sl:
Salafi is not a group, anyone who practices Islam as originally taught is one whether or not they know it(that they are salafi)

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
MuslimWays
05-28-2007, 11:12 PM
Assalamu'alykum,

Masha'Allah you are searching for the truth, there are practicing Muslims out there who don't bother finding out the truth, you're right Muslim Ummah should not be divided into sects, however it's something that we have all failed to stop.

I can not answer your question, unfortunately, because I will be biased, however I would recommend you to carry on reading and researching. I was in the same situation as you last year.

And Alhamdulilah Allah has guided me to the path (methodology), I believe will help me enter Jannah, and isn't that all it matters? however I had to change the way I pray and stuff, but it's cool cos I know now why I pray the way I pray (because authentic hadiths proves that Pophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) prayed that way).

eyeofthestorm
05-28-2007, 11:34 PM
jzk ppl, but if its following sunnah and Quran isnt dt sunni or wt mst muslims are. hmm

- Qatada -
05-28-2007, 11:39 PM
:salamext:

Insha Allaah those who follow the Qur'an and Sunnah according to the understanding of the best 3 generations of muslims (the salaf = the sahabah/companions of Allaah's Messenger (peace be upon him), the generation after them and the generation after them) are the rightly guided.

We hope to follow the salaf's example inshaa Allaah. May Allaah make us of the successful in this life and the next, ameen ya Rabb.

Here are some useful links from the forum inshaa Allaah:

http://www.islamicboard.com/sects-di...wal-jamah.html
http://www.islamicboard.com/sects-di...aved-sect.html
http://www.islamicboard.com/sects-di...ing-ummah.html

Insha Allaah you can check more here:

http://www.islamicboard.com/sects-divisions/

And anyone who follows the Sunnah, and the way of the Salaf is Sunni inshaa Allaah. And we pray that Allaah makes us of them, and keeps us guided. ameen.

eyeofthestorm
05-28-2007, 11:46 PM
jzk yh dts why im interested in it cos its like all sunnah and quran and one other thing niqaab wuld ppl in ere consider it like obligatory or like sunnah jzk

'Abd al-Baari
05-28-2007, 11:52 PM
Assalamu Alaykum

As bro Hashim said 'Any person testifies to the oneness of Allaah azzawajjaal and utters the shahaadaa is a Muslim, if 'emaan enters his heart he is a mu'min Inshaa'Allaah, if that person is following the kitaab and the sunaah alhamdulilaah he is upon the 'haq'

Salafis are people who are basicaly very strict and strict follow the quran and sunnah. They follow the generation of the Prophet s.a.w...the geneartion after and the generation after that. This is because of this hadith

Muslim :: Book 31 : Hadith 6159
'A'isha reported that a person asked Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) as to who amongst the people were the best. He said: Of the generation to which I belong, then of the second generation (generation adjacent to my generation), then of the third generation (generation adjacent to the second generation).

Salafis an follow any Madhab (School of thought..such as Shafiee..Hanafai)

Allah knows best
If you have any more questions just ask

If i have said anything wrong please forgive me

Ibn Abi Ahmed
05-29-2007, 12:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullah2907
Salafis an follow any Madhab (School of thought..such as Shafiee..Hanafai)

That's correct. Please note that a 'salafi' is not a Fiqhi Madhab like the Hanafi, Maliki, Shafiee, and Hanbali as some would have you believe. It is just an ascription to the Salaf and following their way. Those who follow the Salaf (Salafi) exist in all four Madahib and they are not La Madhabi. Also, the term "salafi" is not a new term that began within the past 30 years or even from the time of Shaykh Muhammad Ibn AbdulWahhab, it was known much before that.
As-Sam'aanee "As-Salafi: this is an ascription to the Salaf and following their ways, in that which is related from them."

lbn al-Atheer (rahimahullaah) (d.630H) said in al-Lubaab fee Tahdheebul-lnsaab (2/162), commenting upon the previous saying of as-Sam'aanee: "And a group were known by this ascription." So the meaning is: that the term Salafi, and its ascription to them, was a matter known in the time of Imaam as-Sam'aanee, or before him.

Imaam adh-Dhahabee (d.748H) - rahimahullaah - said: "It is authentically related from ad- Daaraqutnee that he said: There is nothing more despised by me than 'irnul-kalaam (innovated speech and rhetorics). I say: No person should ever enter into 'ilmul-kalaam, nor argumentation. Rather, he should be Salafee (a follower of the Salaf)." [Siyar 16/457]
Check this thread:
http://www.islamicboard.com/sects-di...aved-sect.html
http://www.islamicboard.com/sects-di...alafiyyah.html
http://www.islamicboard.com/24282-post2.html
http://www.islamicboard.com/sects-di...tarianism.html

IbnAbdulHakim
05-29-2007, 12:04 AM
i pray ALlah guides you.. :( please keep researching inshaAllah

IbnAbdulHakim
05-29-2007, 12:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al Madani

That's correct. Please note that a 'salafi' is not a Fiqhi Madhab like the Hanafi, Maliki, Shafiee, and Hanbali as some would have you believe. It is just an ascription to the Salaf and following their way. Those who follow the Salaf (Salafi) exist in all four Madahib and they are not La Madhabi. Also, the term "salafi" is not a new term that began within the past 30 years or even from the time of Shaykh Muhammad Ibn AbdulWahhab, it was known much before that.[INDENT]As-Sam'aanee "As-Salafi: this is an ascription to the Salaf and following their ways, in that which is related from them."
assalamu alaikum

but the salafi's do negate a loooot of the madhab views by calling them innovations and sometimes perhaps shirk such as tasbih, the very meaning of bid'a, forms of prayer, milad, 15th sha'ban etc. many many things they declare a horid innovation instead of calling it a difference of opinion. Allah knows best....

eyeofthestorm
05-29-2007, 12:11 AM
one more thing what about wahabbism and im sorry i know i said dis before but i really do believe all this is breaking muslims apart, i mean i went to a salfi talk recently and they were acting as if they were like better cos somehow they had a better 'version' or something i dont know i'll just follow the sunnah and quran inshalah.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
05-29-2007, 12:13 AM

one more thing what about wahabbism and im sorry i know i said dis before but i really do believe all this is breaking muslims apart, i mean i went to a salfi talk recently and they were acting as if they were like better cos somehow they had a better 'version' or something i dont know i'll just follow the sunnah and quran inshalah.
Acting that way is a mistake and it's wrong, which our scholars have pointed out. Shaykh Uthaymin said:
Salafiyyah is following the way of the Prophet (sal-Allaahu ‘alayhe wa sallam) and his Sahabah for they are our Salaf (predecessors) who preceded us, so following them is Salafiyyah. As for taking Salafiyyah as a special Manhaj (Methodology) such that everyone who differs with it is considered astray even if he was on the truth; then this is beyond doubt opposite to Salafiyyah.

All the Salaf called to Islaam and to unite upon the Sunnah of Allaah’s Messenger (sal-Allaahu ‘alayhe wa sallam) and they did not declare astray anyone who differs with them (in a certain issue) because of (a different) interpretation (Taweel), except in matters of Aqeedah (beliefs) because they considered him, who differed in Aqeedah as astray.

But, in our time, some who took the path of Salafiyyah consider astray everyone who differs from them even if the truth were to be on his side. And they took a Hizbi (partisan) Manhaj, just like the other Hizbs (parties), who divide the religion. This (their way) must be rejected and not be approved of.

It is said, ‘Look at the way of the Salaf as-Salih and what did they do in regards to differences and wideness of their hearts with regards to Ikhtilaaf (differences) in matters in which Ijtihad was feasible. (They differed with each other) to the degree that they differed in big issues, in (minor) issues of Aqeedah and (minor) issues of knowledge - for example, some of them denied that Allaah’s Messenger (sal-Allaahu ‘alayhe wa sallam) saw His Lord and some of them confirmed of it. Some of them said, ‘the deeds would be weighted on the Day of Judgment’, whilst others held that ‘the books which record the deeds will be weighed.’ They also differ in matters of Fiqh, Marriage, obligations, buying and selling, etc. Despite this, they did not declare each other astray.

Thus, Salafiyyah that is taken to mean a special party (Hizb) with specific rules whose members consider anyone who differs with them as astray then they have nothing to do with Salafiyyah.

But the Salafiyyah that is to follow the Salaf in beliefs, sayings, actions, their way of differing and unity, their way of being merciful and compassion to one another as the Prophet (sal-Allaahu ‘alayhe wa sallam) said,

“You see the believers as regards their being merciful among themselves and showing love among themselves and being kind, resembling one body, so that, if any part of the body is not well then the whole body shares the sleeplessness (insomnia) and fever with it.” [1]

Then this is the true Salafiyyah.
http://www.islamicboard.com/sects-di...alafiyyah.html

format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
assalamu alaikum

but the salafi's do negate a loooot of the madhab views by calling them innovations and sometimes perhaps shirk such as tasbih, the very meaning of bid'a, forms of prayer, milad, 15th sha'ban etc. many many things they declare a horid innovation instead of calling it a difference of opinion. Allah knows best....

Some that you mentioned are rightly innovations and every innovation is misguidance. Some are valid differences of opinions. Anyway, this thread isn't the place to discuss over it and this forum doesn't allow sectarian discussions. Therefore,

:threadclo

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.