/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Imam-e-Kaaba Shaykh Abdul Rehman Al-Sudais Arrives Today in Lahore, PAKISTAN.

Musalmaan
05-29-2007, 05:44 AM
:D :thumbs_up :D :thumbs_up :D :thumbs_up :D
LAHORE: Jamia Ashrafia Principal Maulana Fazal Al-Raheem told a meeting on Saturday that Pakistan Muslim League President Chaudhry Shujaat Hussain and Chief Minister Chaudhry Pervaiz Elahi would receive Imam-e-Kaaba Al-Shaikh Abdur Rehman Al-Sadais at the Allama Iqbal International Airport on May 29.

He said that the red carpet welcome equivalent to heads of states would be accorded to the Imam-e-Kaaba. He said that the Imam-e-Kaaba would lead Fajr prayers on May 30 at the Jamia Asrafia Mosque. “He will attend a certificate distribution ceremony for the students of the Jamia Ashrafia at the Awan-e-Iqbal at 10am,” he added.

He said that Shaikh Al-Sadais would lead Maghrib prayers and deliver a lecture on the unity of Muslim countries at the Badshahi Mosque.

Imam-e-Kaaba, Abdul Rehman Al-Sudais alognwith a 6-member delegation will be accorded a warm welcome upon arrival in the Federal Capital on Thursday night.

"Prime Minister Shaukat Aziz will host a reception in the honour of Imam-e-Kaaba the same night while he is likely to call on President General Musharraf on Friday morning," Minister for Religious Affairs, Zakat and Ushr, Muhammad Ijaz-ul-Haq told a press conference here on Monday.

He said the distinguished guest will lead 'Juma' prayers at Faisal mosque in which, thousands from the twin cities and adjoining areas will participate.

The Minister informed that in collaboration with the district administration all arrangements are being finalized to facilitate people at the mosque.

"I am meeting officials of the district administration to make elaborate arrangements for the people," he added.

Ijaz-ul-Haq said adequate transport will be made available for the people to reach Faisal mosque without any difficulty.

"Parking areas for motorists, tents and drinking water will be arranged for the participants, he added.

About security arrangements, he said foolproof security arrangements will also be made.

He said the ministry of religious affairs will host a luncheon for the Imam where ministers, members of senate and assembly, people related to madaris-e-deniya and representatives of religious parties will be invited.

Before their departure, the Imam and his delegation are likely to spend a day at Murree.

He said that on June 1, Shaikh Al-Sadais would lead Friday prayers at the Faisal Mosque in Islamabad. “On Saturday, he will return to Saudi Arabia,” he added.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd al-Baari
05-29-2007, 09:53 AM
:sl:

Yeh I heard about this in the IoH thread

May Allah make his journey a sucess..Ameen

M.B
05-29-2007, 11:10 AM
Can someone record it inshallah all the prayers and the jummah and the talk.

:w:

'Abd al-Baari
05-29-2007, 11:11 AM

I think bro Najiullah is recording it
Inshallah it will be posted in the IoH thread

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
S_87
05-29-2007, 11:21 AM

and whats with all the pics stuck up of him in islamabad? :p
hes sure in for a shock!

'Abd al-Baari
05-29-2007, 11:29 AM

lol :D but Mashallah wherever he goes he always attracts big crowds..Mashallah :)

Musalmaan
05-29-2007, 12:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullah2907

I think bro Najiullah is recording it
Inshallah it will be posted in the IoH thread
what is this IoH thread?

S_87
05-29-2007, 12:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Musalmaan
what is this IoH thread?

youve made 337 posts and you dont know what the IoH thread is? :eek:

http://www.islamicboard.com/general-...n-part-vi.html

'Abd al-Baari
05-29-2007, 12:10 PM
Assalamu Alaykum

IoH

= Imams of Haramain Thread

Musalmaan
05-29-2007, 12:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani

youve made 337 posts and you dont know what the IoH thread is? :eek:

Thanks. :rollseyes lol
i just try to limit myself in Basic of Islam, there are some sections which i have never even explore so far ... yeah :eek: thats why 337 posts since sep 2005.

format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullah2907
Assalamu Alaykum

IoH

= Imams of Haramain Thread
jazak Allah.

Musalmaan
05-29-2007, 01:03 PM
It will be really great to see him in sir zameen-e-pakistan. I wish i was in lahore.

we love him for the sake of Allah, for he has a nisbat with the kabah, the house of Allah. may Allah preserve him.

and I wish that Imaam-e-kaaba should keep visiting muslim countries for the objective of unifying ummah, reviving the lost spirit of islam among muslims, forgiving & loving one another ONLY for the sake of ALlah. they can play a key role in it insha'Allah in also removing a lot of misconceptions build by the enemies of islam (wether inside or outside).

may Allah make it safer and successful journey of Imam.

'Abd al-Baari
05-29-2007, 01:07 PM

Ameen thumma ameen to the dua

vpb
05-29-2007, 01:08 PM

it's interesting , Sudais goes to UK, Pakistan ... he visits lots of places, but I haven't heard Shuraim going anywhere.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
05-29-2007, 01:12 PM

That's cool Masha'Allaah. Looking forward to the recordings Insha'Allaah :D

S_87
05-29-2007, 01:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by vpb

it's interesting , Sudais goes to UK, Pakistan ... he visits lots of places, but I haven't heard Shuraim going anywhere.
he goes also, not to the uk recently but places like indonesia, S. africa etc

chacha_jalebi
05-29-2007, 02:22 PM
mashallah lookin forward too the recordings, they should get sheikh salih aal talib travellin aswel:D

S_87
05-29-2007, 04:15 PM

imam al kabah arrives in lahore
http://geo.tv/geonews/details.asp?id=6747&param=1

a bit pink :eek:

Al-Hanbali
05-29-2007, 04:21 PM
:salamext:

here is a vid:

http://www.4shared.com/file/16878021...kh_Sudais.html

iqbal_soofi
05-29-2007, 07:00 PM
Islam was first introduced in the sub continent by Hazrat Data Ganj Baksh who is burried in Lahore. It's a tradition in Pakistan that every Muslim dignitary visiting Lahore wishes to visit the Mazar of this great Muslim leader to offer fateha. For the Imam of Kaaba it would have been a great opportunity to learn from the teachings of Hazrat Data Ganj Baksh that how he created love for Islam in the hearts of the people of Lahore. But I don't know why he was not taken to the Mazar of one of the greatest Muslim missionaries.

S_87
05-29-2007, 07:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by iqbal_soofi
Islam was first introduced in the sub continent by Hazrat Data Ganj Baksh who is burried in Lahore. It's a tradition in Pakistan that every Muslim dignitary visiting Lahore wishes to visit the Mazar of this great Muslim leader to offer fateha. For the Imam of Kaaba it would have been a great opportunity to learn from the teachings of Hazrat Data Ganj Baksh that how he created love for Islam in the hearts of the people of Lahore. But I don't know why he was not taken to the Mazar of one of the greatest Muslim missionaries.

you answered yourself :) visit a tomb to offer fateha?

iqbal_soofi
05-29-2007, 07:28 PM

you answered yourself :) visit a tomb to offer fateha?
Not only to offer fateha but also to learn his method of preaching Islam with which he created love for Islam in the hearts of non Muslims so that they felt like coming closer to Islam.

Hazrat Data Ganj Baksh was a great and lovely preacher of Islam. Our present day Imams need to learn from his methods.

S_87
05-29-2007, 07:36 PM
Not only to offer fateha but also to learn his method of preaching Islam with which he created love for Islam in the hearts of non Muslims so that they felt like coming closer to Islam.

Hazrat Data Ganj Baksh was a great and lovely preacher of Islam. Our present day Imams need to learn from his methods.

how would they learn that by visiting his grave? :)

------
05-29-2007, 07:38 PM

*cough*off-topic*cough*

I would love to hear the recordings, please post them up! :D

iqbal_soofi
05-29-2007, 09:52 PM

how would they learn that by visiting his grave? :)
By visiting the grave, saying fateha there and meeting the pilgrims he would have a chance to see the impact of the strategy of Hazrat Ali Hajveri (RA). The Imam should know why the method of love and tolerance was adopted by such a successful preacher of Islam in this part of the world. Before accepting Islam, people of Mecca were different from the people of Lahore. Therefore, the methods of spreading Islam in the two cities were also different. People of Lahore respond to the teachings of Islam much more positively, when they're taught the way of Hazrat Ali Hajveri. Imam of Mecca can learn all that better he visits the grave of Hazrat Data Ganj Baksh. There's absolutely no harm in saying fateha on the grave of this great preacher of Islam. Moreover, it's customary for all the visiting Muslim dignitaries to pay homage to this great preacher of Islam while making the first visit here. Breaking that tradition is breaking the hearts of Lahoris.

- Qatada -
05-29-2007, 09:55 PM

http://www.islamicboard.com/discover...er-graves.html

iqbal_soofi
05-29-2007, 11:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah
What's this link got to do with this topic, sir?

Do you mean to say that Imam doesn't like to visit any grave which has a mosque with a doom over it is attached with it?

Has he never visited the masjid e Nabvi in Madina?

- Qatada -
05-29-2007, 11:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah

Also sister, if someone brings forward the argument on why the Messenger of Allaah's grave has a room around it and why its 'higher than ground level.' When this shouldn't be done for other peoples graves. We can explain it using the following points insha Allaah:

1)
We know that the Prophets are buried in the place where they pass away. He (peace be upon him) passed away in Aa'isha's room.

2)
Allaah's Messengers house was near the Masjid, and when Masjid un-Nabawi was being extended, the room of Aa'isha (may Allaah be pleased with her) was in the way.

They couldn't take the room down since 1) Aa'isha may have lived there still. or 2) People were afraid that if they take the room down, then the grave will become apparent, and it may be more harmful that way since people may come to the grave and worship it since its clearly infront of them.

So they extended the Masjid without taking the room down, and i think this is what we see today. It is the room of Aa'isha (may Allaah be pleased with her.) Which includes the graves of Allaah's Messenger (peace be upon him), Abu Bakr, and Umar (may Allaah be pleased with them.)

And Allaah knows best.
http://www.islamicboard.com/basics-i...hen-allah.html

Ibn Abi Ahmed
05-30-2007, 12:03 AM

Just watched Shaykh Sudais lead fajr there live and the Du'a. Subhnallaah, everyone just started surrounding him right after the Salah and the Du'a. Even though it was like hardcore physical pushing, you could see that they loved him. It's like Allaah has placed love for him in everyone's heart, you can't help but love him.

and whats with all the pics stuck up of him in islamabad? :p
hes sure in for a shock!
After what happened after the Fajr Salah, I'm sure he's even more in shock :muddlehea It was quite different to what he's used to in the Haram lol.

Al-Hanbali
05-30-2007, 12:14 AM

Where did u watch it bro?

After what happened after the Fajr Salah, I'm sure he's even more in shock It was quite different to what he's used to in the Haram lol.
Yh I think that happens to him quite a lot, especially when he travels abroad. I remember when he came to UK, it was kinda funny to see some people just throw themselves at him, trying to get a handshake lol.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
05-30-2007, 12:54 AM

Where did u watch it bro?
I saw it on TV bro. The channel was 'QTV'.

S_87
05-30-2007, 10:04 AM
By visiting the grave, saying fateha there and meeting the pilgrims he would have a chance to see the impact of the strategy of Hazrat Ali Hajveri (RA). Moreover, it's customary for all the visiting Muslim dignitaries to pay homage to this great preacher of Islam while making the first visit here. Breaking that tradition is breaking the hearts of Lahoris.

pilgrims, what pilgrims?

maybe thats why hes not visiting, he dont like to follow customs :okay:

Musalmaan
05-30-2007, 10:44 AM
Imam-e-Kaaba leads Fajr prayers at Jamia Ashrafia;thousands attend

Imam of Kaaba (Masjid Al-Haraam), Sheikh Abdur Rehman Al-Sudais led Fajr prayers at Jamia Ashrafia here early Wednesday. Imam Al-Sudais is currently on a week-long visit to Pakistan.

During 'dua' after the namaz, the Imam offered special prayer for Pakistan seeking Allah Almighty's blessings to save the country from miscreants.

He also prayed for Pakistan and Ummah's prosperity, saying that a united Muslim Ummah can thwart all conspiracies against Islam.
Jamia Ashrafia administration had made arrangements for 7,000 people,but more than 100,000 people showed up,who thus stood outside the mosque to offer prayers led by Imam-e-Kaaba.

Masha'Allah Masha'Allah. long stay Shaykh Sudais.

Shaikh Sudais wil be performing of Salat Maghrib at Badshahi Masjid today and it will also be telecast LIVE on ARY ONE WORLD and GEO around 6:10 PM evening,the maghrib time in Lahore.

may Allah make it source of unity and brotherhood of muslims across the globe.

Al-Hanbali
05-30-2007, 12:23 PM

What will the time be in UK when its maghrib over there?

'Abd al-Baari
05-30-2007, 12:27 PM

its currently 5.20 there so there 5 hours ahead so i think maghrib will be at 4.30 our time..i think..i'll try and check Inshallah

Musalmaan
05-30-2007, 01:04 PM
:salamext: i just offered my asr salah. so approx 1:15 hr more to go for maghrib.
you may check around 1:45 to 2:00 p:m GMT, insha'Allah.

'Abd al-Baari
05-30-2007, 01:08 PM
Assalmu Alaykum

were currentl in BST time in UK (GMT+1) so would that be around 3 pm

Al-Hanbali
05-30-2007, 02:21 PM

They showing maghrib right now. its on those Pakistani channels ARY, GEO, etc

S_87
05-30-2007, 02:51 PM

aaaaaaaaaaah imame kabah zindabad? :lol:

S_87
05-30-2007, 03:14 PM

awe mashaAllah hes doing a haram style dua, tune and all :D

bakistan zindabad :lol:

Al-Hanbali
05-30-2007, 03:19 PM

^ Masha'ALLAH...

"bakistan zindabad....bakistan zindabad...." lool

S_87
05-30-2007, 03:25 PM

he said it so funny :D

'Abd al-Baari
05-30-2007, 03:27 PM
Assalamu Alaykum

will they show Isha too..uf so what time?
Jazakallah Khair

Al-Hanbali
05-30-2007, 03:50 PM

iqbal_soofi
05-30-2007, 09:10 PM

pilgrims, what pilgrims?

maybe thats why hes not visiting, he dont like to follow customs :okay:
But he must at least know how Islam was spread in this region. What kind of lifestyle was offered to the people with the name of Islam in the teachings of the early preachers.

zinedine
05-30-2007, 10:35 PM
salam

sorry i don't understand " zindabad"? lool

iqbal_soofi
05-30-2007, 11:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zinedine
salam

sorry i don't understand " zindabad"? lool
It's a custom in Pakistan to raise the slogan Pakistan Zindabad (means long live Pakistan). Some fan of the Imam was saying that the Imam don't like to follow the local customs. See these contradictions?

S_87
05-31-2007, 12:13 PM
It's a custom in Pakistan to raise the slogan Pakistan Zindabad (means long live Pakistan). Some fan of the Imam was saying that the Imam don't like to follow the local customs. See these contradictions?

no contradiction when it is in conflict with shariah.
i dont know who this person is but from what youre describing you want him to go visit the shrine and pray at it like a 'pilgrim'? :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.