/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Rat Kids and People :o|

Pk_#2
05-29-2007, 07:10 PM
AsalamuALaykum Warahmatullahi Waarakatuh Wa Maghfiratuh,

How can a mere myth ruin the lives of thousands of children? In Pakistan, microcephalics - babies born with abnormally small heads - are known as 'rats' and credited with god-like powers. Believers will give them money in the hope of blessings, but unscrupulous gangs of beggars are now exploiting this ancient tradition for their own ends. They kidnap young 'rat' children - or frighten parents into handing them over - and then force them into a lifetime of begging on the streets. They are lucrative - so much so that some people allege that normal babies are being deliberately deformed to look like microcephalics. Why else, they ask, are there so many such children in Pakistan? And until something is done to combat the myth, the helpless 'rat' children will be condemned to a life of abuse.

Check these links out :
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/122670.stm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9RkmSyVF_c

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Jnx2HviImAg (sum parts are in some next lingo :oS )

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Kittygyal
05-29-2007, 07:20 PM
SAalamualikum.
May Allah subhnwatallah help them. I don't understand the other lingo at all. But it kinda looks scary :(
Ma'assalama

- Qatada -
05-29-2007, 08:07 PM
:salamext:

I've heard of that.. and its going to peoples graves too, subhaan Allaah this shows how innovations in the religion can lead to really harmful effects...

Sis Muslimah_Sis knows more about this i think.

جوري
05-29-2007, 08:42 PM
That is what ignorance breeds sister, stupidity and superstition..

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muezzin
05-29-2007, 09:30 PM
There's a bestseller to be made of this. Where the heck is my pen?

Pk_#2
05-29-2007, 09:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
There's a bestseller to be made of this. Where the heck is my pen?
Shall i buy you one? :D

Erm do you wana make money outta this azwell :-\

NobleMuslimUK
05-29-2007, 09:44 PM
:sl:
Its so sad to see what people make of innovations into, and what people will do for money. This proves the point that the so called sufis, peers etc, introduce these innovations to people under the guise of Islam just for worldly purposes.

BBC's caught out with their lies...

"One has heard that these children are sold from anywhere between 40,000 - which is approximately 10 dollars - to 80,000 rupees per child" she says. "On average they will be able to make, through begging, around 400 to 500 rupees a day, which makes it a very lucrative business considering that's twice the amount a civil servant makes."
40,000 rupees is approximately 400 British pounds sterling, how can the be equal to 10 dollars.

Muezzin
05-29-2007, 09:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Maliha Misam
Shall i buy you one? :D

Erm do you wana make money outta this azwell :-\
It was a rather distasteful gag.

Still, I'm sure somebody will or has already written a book about this sort of thing.

Pk_#2
05-29-2007, 09:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by NobleMuslimUK
Its so sad to see what people make of innovations into, and what people will do for money. This proves the point that the so called sufis, peers etc, introduce these innovations to people under the guise of Islam just for worldly purposes.

BBC's caught out with their lies...

40,000 rupees is approximately 400 British pounds sterling, how can the be equal to 10 dollars.
Ohh yeahh :D :rollseyes Nice discovery bro, i hope you get VERY far :p

format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
It was a rather distasteful gag.

Still, I'm sure somebody will or has already written a book about this sort of thing.
I see,

yeah probs inay. :D

AsalamuALaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh Wa Maghfiratuh Akhi and Akhi 2

chacha_jalebi
05-29-2007, 09:59 PM
salaam

erm im a rat baby gimme money :p jokin lol

its sad what ppl wil do for money, for a piece of paper! sum kids r purposedly made blind, they chop der arms or leg off, so they will look lik real beggars:(

its amazin how ppl can b so bakward minded.

and BBC is everywer, neva miss a chance to shame up pakistan do they:mmokay:

may Allah (swt) help the muslims

Sinbad
05-29-2007, 11:06 PM
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/fr/607381/posts

This is also intressting in India, a boy is born with a tail. The hindu priests say its a blesing from the monkey god hanuman. The doctors say its a defection and might lead to canser.:D

This is a tempel dedicated to that God.

ABWAN
05-30-2007, 07:36 AM
I can understand this had this happened in India (being a predominantly hindu idol and animal worshipping country). Its sad to see so many stupid cultural issues being prevalent in a supposedly muslim country like pakistan.

Talking about India, you know they have a temple for rats?!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACzWdSfZXmw

HBot 5000
05-30-2007, 09:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ABWAN
I can understand this had this happened in India (being a predominantly hindu idol and animal worshipping country). Its sad to see so many stupid cultural issues being prevalent in a supposedly muslim country like pakistan.

supposedly muslim country

:w:

beespreeteam
05-30-2007, 09:37 AM
money corrupts =\

cihad
05-30-2007, 09:41 AM
poor children

Sinbad
06-01-2007, 11:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ABWAN

haha rats the grandchildren of a godess, these people are funny.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.