/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What's Greater Sin Alcohol Or Zina???

taimur_9000
05-29-2007, 07:27 PM
:sl: , first of all i know bought are haraam and quite a major sin both of them. me and friend where discussing which one is a bigger sin and what happens to one that does each of them sins. Can anybody clear me up on these Please Jazakallah. MAY ALLAH PROTECT US FROM THESE.

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Kittygyal
05-29-2007, 07:41 PM
Salamualikum.
The prophet’s custom was to beat the drunkard with palm branches and sandals. When a drunkard was brought to him, he ordered his companions to beat him with their hands, sandals and robes. One of Muhammad’s companions by the name of al-Sa’ib ibn Yazid says, ‘We used to bring the drunkard before the apostle of God and during the caliphate of Abu Bakr and in the first stage of the caliphate of ’Umar, and we would beat him with our hands, sandals and robes. During the last part of ’Umar’s caliphate, he ordered us to flog him eighty times"’ (refer to ibn Timiyya, volume 28, page 336; and the book of the Sunna and its Significance, by Dr. M. Yusuf, page 29).
Alcohol is forbidden in Islam and every Muslim has to avoid what is forbidden. Islam has punishments for those who commit crimes. Imagine if Islam was lenient as all the other religions and let the criminals run freely, then nobody would take or follow Islam seriously. When something is forbidden by your Creator, you avoid it. Period. You don't try to fool around or make excuses or call it something harsh. For Allah (God) knows what's best for His Servants and He is Allah, the Most Merciful, the Most Kind. He Forgives those who repent to Him. But those who don't repent and commit sins, they will be punished! That's why Muslims are cautious and always turning to Allah for help!

Zina (Arabic: الزناء) is extramarital sex in Islam. Islamic law prescribes punishments for men and women for the act of Zina. Zina is committed when a muslim man and women who are not married have any kind of sexual relations with each other. Zina does not just mean having sex with each other but according to hadiths looking into eyes of the person is also Zina. Anything leading to the actual of sex is considered Zina. Hence having any kind of such relation with a person of opposite sex is stictly forbiden in Islam. Islam does not allow one to have girlfriends or boyfriends irrespective of the fact of whether you are married or not.

This punishment is considered to be for the protection of men and women and their rights to each other. Islamic culture respects marriage, and has provisions to protect that institution. Islam forbids any relations out of marriage. Zina is consider amongst one of the greatest sins in Islam, whether it is before marriage or after marriage. According to Zina, in addition to the punishments rendered before death, sinners will be punished severely after death.

Extramarital sexual intercourse may be punished by up to 100 lashes, while adultery is punished by Rajm (stoning), according to some interpretations of the Islamic law. Punishment by stoning is not specified in the Quran for any crime, and is based solely upon hadith.
Ma'assalama

rania2820
05-30-2007, 11:05 AM
:sl:

i would say zina. because zina has more bad effects than drinking. zina is the cause of STDs,fatherless children, the breaking down of familes,corruption (prostitution). and punishment for zina is greater.thus the sin is greater

NoName55
05-30-2007, 11:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by taimur_9000
:sl: , first of all i know bought are haraam and quite a major sin both of them. me and friend where discussing which one is a bigger sin and what happens to one that does each of them sins. Can anybody clear me up on these Please Jazakallah. MAY ALLAH PROTECT US FROM THESE.

:w:
what is the point?

To a Muslim both are prohibitted. Since we are not going to commit one or the other why waste bandwith?

IMHO a dang useless thread

wa-salaam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
3isha
05-30-2007, 11:09 AM
I would say zina as well as it;s more harmful not only to yourself but others.

Dagless
05-30-2007, 11:21 AM
Wasn't there a story about a guy who was given 3 choices: Either drink alcohol, sleep with a woman, or murder a baby.
The guy thought that alcohol would be the lesser of the evils. So he drinks the alcohol, gets smashed, sleeps with the woman and kills the baby.
Ok it's a little far fetched but the message is clear.

NoName55
05-30-2007, 11:29 AM
^^ exactly!

Kittygyal
05-30-2007, 12:17 PM
Salamualikum.
They both are. This thread is useless.

every Muslim has to avoid what is forbidden. Islam has punishments for those who commit crimes. Imagine if Islam was lenient as all the other religions and let the criminals run freely, then nobody would take or follow Islam seriously. When something is forbidden by your Creator, you avoid it. Period. You don't try to fool around or make excuses or call it something harsh. For Allah (God) knows what's best for His Servants and He is Allah, the Most Merciful, the Most Kind. He Forgives those who repent to Him. But those who don't repent and commit sins, they will be punished! That's why Muslims are cautious and always turning to Allah for help!
Ma'assalama

Joe98
05-30-2007, 12:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kittygyal
....while adultery is punished by Rajm (stoning), according to some interpretations of the Islamic law.

Punishment by stoning is not specified in the Quran for any crime, and is based solely upon hadith.

Is the hadith written by god or man?

-

Malaikah
05-30-2007, 12:24 PM
:sl:

The punishment of zina, if the person is married, is death if he is caught, so I guess that makes zina much worse?

format_quote Originally Posted by Joe98
Is the hadith written by god or man?
Hadiths are the teachings of the Prophet Muhammad pbuh, and he only spoke about Islam what Allah allowed him to speqak, he did not make up stuff concerning the religion. Therefore the follow the Prophet is to follow Allah.

Kittygyal
05-30-2007, 12:29 PM
Salamualikum.
My Aalimah told me one who acts open a Zina when not married is like having intercourse with there mother +o( A'oothubuillah.

May Allah subhwnatallah forgive us all and lead us all to the right path inshallah Amin thumma amin ya rabbil alameen.
Ma'assalama

Encolpius
05-30-2007, 01:57 PM
Salamualikum.
My Aalimah told me one who acts open a Zina when not married is like having intercourse with there mother +o(
...so what brought them to that conclusion then?

Kittygyal
05-30-2007, 02:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Encolpius
...so what brought them to that conclusion then?
Greetings Encolpius.
I appreciate the standards of your questions. :)

Well my Aalimah (Teacher) told me one who is not married and has any kinda intercourse without marriage then thats like having 'sex' with OWN mam. God Forbid.
It's like ones mam would not tolerate having there daughter having intercourse with next man, So basically it's the same as having sexual intercourse with there mam. GOD FORBID!!

It even states in a hadith somewhere.

Take care

Encolpius
05-30-2007, 02:10 PM
Greetings Encolpius.
I appreciate the standards of your questions. :)

Well my Aalimah (Teacher) told me one who is not married and has any kinda intercourse without marriage then thats like having 'sex' with OWN mam. God Forbid.
It's like ones mam would not tolerate having there daughter having intercourse with next man, So basically it's the same as having sexual intercourse with there mam. GOD FORBID!!

It even states in a hadith somewhere.

Take care
I'm not sure I follow you on this Kitty.

Someone's mother wouldn't like their daughter sleeping around.

Therefore sleeping around is like sleeping with your mother?

There doesn't seem to be any logical steps between these two. Am I missing something on this topic?

Kittygyal
05-30-2007, 02:15 PM
I'm not sure I follow you on this Kitty.

Someone's mother wouldn't like their daughter sleeping around.

Therefore sleeping around is like sleeping with your mother?

There doesn't seem to be any logical steps between these two. Am I missing something on this topic?
Greetings.
You don't understand blud. Am talking about 'sexual intercourse' which is an act upon ZINA. In Islam one who is NOT married is NOT allowed to have sexual intercourse ONLY when they get married.

So if a man has sexual intercourse with a gyal WITHOUT marriage then it's like the DUDE having sexual intercourse with his MAM

Am afraid i will NOT go any further with this matter as i have weak knowledge and i have ONLY told what me Aalima (Teacher) told me.
Take care

Encolpius
05-30-2007, 02:19 PM
Greetings.
You don't understand blud. Am talking about 'sexual intercourse' which is an act upon ZINA. In Islam one who is NOT married is NOT allowed to have sexual intercourse only when they get married.

So if a man has sexual intercourse with a gyal WITHOUT marriage then it's like the DUDE having sexual intercourse with his MAM

Am afraid i will NOT go any further with this matter as i have weak knowledge and i have ONLY told what me Aalima (Teacher) told me.
Take care
That's what I said though... I am aware that extramarital sex is haram and suchlike. But I'm afraid that I can't see any similarities between pre-marital intercourse and sex with one's mother, surely the second is far more reprehensible than the first?

Re. having weak knowledge - why not ask your teacher to elaborate on this point and further explain the analogy next time you see him?

Kittygyal
05-30-2007, 02:38 PM
That's what I said though... I am aware that extramarital sex is haram and suchlike. But I'm afraid that I can't see any similarities between pre-marital intercourse and sex with one's mother, surely the second is far more reprehensible than the first?

Re. having weak knowledge - why not ask your teacher to elaborate on this point and further explain the analogy next time you see him?
Salamualikum.
It's a HER NOT a HE :enough!:
anywho.

God willing. I will ask her when i see her again. INSHALLAH

Fornication (zina) means to have sex with anyone while not yet married; there are two types of fornication:

1. An unmarried person who has sex with another unmarried person

2. An unmarried person who has sex with a married person; in this case, it is fornication for the unmarried person but adultery for the married person

[Those who invoke not, with Allah, any other god, nor slay such life as God has made sacred, except for just cause, nor commit fornication; and any that does this (not only) meets punishment (but) the Penalty on the Day of Judgment will be doubled to him, and he will dwell therein in ignominy.] (Al-Furqan 25:68-69)

I hope someone else can find the hadith which states a man who has sexual intercourse with a lady is like having intercourse with his Mam. A'oothubillah.

Maybe i have misunderstood what me Aalimah told me. I don't know if she meant like a man forcing a women to have sex is like having sex with his OWN mam OR i don't know if she meant it as a man and a women having sex before marriage is like having sex with there OWN mam.

What i UNDERSTOOD from me Aalimah and the closest hadith to that is:

'an ounce of riba (interest) is like having sex with ones parent''

So to my graduate understanding the hadith clearly means if a women has sex before marriage then it's like her having sex with her papa AND if a dude has sex before marriage is like having sex with his mam.
sex before marriage is haram - but having sex with ones parents are even more grevious

Allah hu ALim (God knows best)

I will look upon to the God willing an dfind the right answer. I think she meant 'FORCE' sex

Inshallah i will ask her and get back to you.

For now forgive me if i have said anything bad.

Take care

EDIT: BINGO!!! FINALY GOT SOMEWHERE LOL I FEEL BAD NOW! HMPFFT! JUST CALLED ME AaLIMAH SHE TOLD ME HAVING 'FORCE' SEX IS LIKE HAVING SEX WITH ONES PARENTS. SO FOR THIS ISSUE IF IT'S ABOUT 'FORCE' SEXUAL INTERCOURSE THEN THE DUDE IS LIKE HAVING SEX WITH HIS MAM!!

FORGIVE ME PLEASE!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.