/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What to write after.....

engawa
05-30-2007, 02:37 PM
Sorry if this has been asked many times, however could someone please tell me; if I am writing an article or document and use the words below, what is proper to write after them?

Qur'an
Mohammed (Peace Be Upon Him)
Allah

Many thanks.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
vpb
05-30-2007, 02:39 PM
:sl:

sry, don;t get your question

'Abd al-Baari
05-30-2007, 02:46 PM
Assalamu Alaykum

I think this is what you mean sis..forgive me if i'm wrong

After Allah you should say Subhanahu Wata'ala (or SWT)
After Muhammed you should stay Sallahu Alayhi Wassalam (SAW) or as you said (PBUH)

- Qatada -
05-30-2007, 02:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by engawa
Sorry if this has been asked many times, however could someone please tell me; if I am writing an article or document and use the words below, what is proper to write after them?

Qur'an
Mohammed (Peace Be Upon Him)
Allah

Many thanks.

Hey.

Maybe you could say something like - The Noble Qur'an, and after Allaah, you could say Allaah the Lord of the Worlds?

You could even check out the Names of Allaah, and His Attributes from here:
http://www.islamicity.com/Mosque/99names.htm

And pick whichever one you feel is suitable depending on the context of the situation. :)

Regards.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
engawa
05-30-2007, 03:04 PM
Perfect. These responses answered my question. Many thanks.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.