/* */

PDA

View Full Version : GCEs

Bittersteel
08-12-2005, 08:27 PM
How many of you are giving or have given GCEs exams?

Ihave dropped computing studies from my O levels.I want to study Computing engineering or electrical engineering and they require computing skills ofcourse.Have I made a serious mistake by dropping computing studies?Is it really necessary to take computing studies in your O levels if you plan to do something in computing ,IT,etc?I have asked many people on this matter.So far none has been able to answer it properly.

:sl:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
TEH
08-14-2005, 09:27 AM
i think thats cos nobody actually knows, tried asking your teachers???

:)

Mr. Baldy
08-18-2005, 04:41 PM
aslaam alkyum,

well we have 7 days till results inshllah,

have faith in allah and pray for yourselves and others..... one thing you shouldnt do though is pray you will die before. death is not the easy way out.

wa alkyum aslaam

Danish
08-19-2005, 01:38 PM
well i took computing AS and planning to take computing A2 too,..dont think u need them to have a craeer with computers

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
TEH
08-19-2005, 02:31 PM
Insha Allah bro of course you will, just make sure you put all your trust in Allah, I have experienced both ends of the spectrum...

czgibson
08-19-2005, 04:02 PM
Are you considering doing computing for A-level? This would be a good idea if you want to go on to do computing at university or college.

PS I didn't realise they'd brought back O-levels - last I heard they were changed to GCSEs in about 1986! Oh well, you learn something new every day. :)

Far7an
08-19-2005, 04:17 PM
Assalamu alaikum

Threads merged.

please use the search facility before starting a new thread, to see that something similar does not already exist.

Takumi
08-19-2005, 04:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hashim

Brothers, in 6 short days i will receive my GCSE results insh'allaah. I am dreading it very much and my family is piling on a great deal of pressure. Please brothers make du'aa for me, i need it!

If i get good results (insh'allaah) i will be off to college and get my law degree (insh'allaah) and make something of my life (insh'allaah). :D

If i get bad results than i better go and get a job application form from Burger King! :D ;D (joke).

By Allaah subhanhu'wa'tallaah i should get A grades and B grades INSH'ALLAAH!

:w:

Man, you guys are that YOUNG???

I pray that Allah will give you the best for your iman and islam, wherever you are! :thumbs_up

Bittersteel
08-19-2005, 05:13 PM
O levels are GCSEs??

czgibson
08-19-2005, 05:17 PM
Well, O-levels were replaced by GCSEs. The common perception was that GCSEs were easier. I don't know what O-levels are like now, because until I saw this thread I thought they were gone forever!

islamonline
08-22-2005, 07:08 PM
Assallamu alaikum wr wb

Wa alaikum assallam wr wb

Peace&Justice
09-07-2005, 02:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamonline
Assallamu alaikum wr wb

please make dua for me also :$ i want to do medicine InshaAllahu Tala :$

Wa alaikum assallam wr wb

i stumbled across this site a long time ago but today somehow ive been urged to come back and post :) dont know why maybe its a sign .
:w:

Go on:

www.admissionsforum.co.uk

Peace&Justice
09-07-2005, 02:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul Aziz
How many of you are giving or have given GCEs exams?

Ihave dropped computing studies from my O levels.I want to study Computing engineering or electrical engineering and they require computing skills ofcourse.Have I made a serious mistake by dropping computing studies?Is it really necessary to take computing studies in your O levels if you plan to do something in computing ,IT,etc?I have asked many people on this matter.So far none has been able to answer it properly.

It depends which university you are planning to go to. Most universities don't require ICT A level to go into computing, they prefer Maths etc. Why don't you check the prospectus of the university you are planning to go to. BaarakAllaahu feek

Bittersteel
09-07-2005, 03:43 PM
more questions:what grades and subjects do I require to study computer science/engineering or electrical engineering or any typeof engineering.?Generally what do they want?I am talking about universities and colleges in UK ,Europe,US and Canada.

Are you considering doing computing for A-level? This would be a good idea if you want to go on to do computing at university or college.
I dropped computing from O levels already.don't think I will be able to take them in A levels.

Thanks a lot people .

Peace&Justice
09-07-2005, 10:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul Aziz
more questions:what grades and subjects do I require to study computer science/engineering or electrical engineering or any typeof engineering.?Generally what do they want?I am talking about universities and colleges in UK ,Europe,US and Canada.

I dropped computing from O levels already.don't think I will be able to take them in A levels.

Thanks a lot people .

Right, whats O levels? Which country are you in?

As far as I understand, O levels is the equivalent to GCSE, so in that case you don't need IT GCSE/Olevel to do A-level ICT. However, if you do not do A-level ICT you should not on a general level have a problem. For UK, universities follow the following link:
http://search.ucas.co.uk/cgi-bin/hsr...IENCE&single=Y
Hope it helps inshaa’Allaah.

islamonline
09-11-2005, 01:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Peace&Justice
Jazakallahu Khairan brother

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.