/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Iraq's way forward

barney
05-30-2007, 05:54 PM
Well, Iraq had a shot at Democracy, but it would appear theres too much hate amongst the sects.

Whats the way forward?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- Qatada -
05-31-2007, 08:34 PM
If the thread gets sectarian, it might have to be closed.

Keltoi
05-31-2007, 08:35 PM
No answer really looks good does it? I chose security before pull-out, simply because that seems to be the best possible solution at this point. Of course the Coalition can't provide security if the Iraqi government doesn't take a larger hand in the process. The sooner it is Iraqi forces patrolling the streets, the better it will be for all involved. Except for the poor victims of Al-Qaeda, who don't care who the blow up.

Muezzin
05-31-2007, 09:13 PM
I think coalition troops should only pull out after security has been achieved. Like Keltoi has said, the Iraqi government also needs to pull its weight in this regard.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Pk_#2
05-31-2007, 09:33 PM
Security will be achieved anyway inshaAllah,

make du'a!

LOL get em out :D

AsalamuALyakum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh Wa Maghfiratuh.

wilberhum
05-31-2007, 09:44 PM
Strawman Poll, so I didn't vote.
We should leave now. We can not stop the civil war.
When thy get tired of killing each other, they will stop.

barney
06-07-2007, 03:34 AM
I was interested mainly in muslims views on this, but most of the replies have been other faiths/ agnostic.

Sinbad
06-07-2007, 04:18 AM
Split Iraq into several states? I find this amusing, just how westerners think.
Those etnicity maps are estimates, where they think the majority of a groups is, that can be all from 55%- 70%, it dosent work that way.

They tried it with India, they created Pakistan, soon India Will be the number one muslim nation in the world.

August
06-07-2007, 07:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sinbad
Split Iraq into several states? I find this amusing, just how westerners think.
Besides the fact that the Iraqi government would have to agree to split up the country. Since, you know, they're a sovereign nation.

Unfortunately we're stuck with no way out. Leaving will destroy what little credibility the U.S. still has on the world stage, staying will be costly and might not work anyway.

Sami Zaatari
06-07-2007, 11:24 AM
i voted for Islamic state with sharia :). who voted for the dictator!?

Joe98
06-07-2007, 12:34 PM
Coalition troops should pull out now.

Then we will see whether Iraq really wants peace.

Talha777
06-07-2007, 02:09 PM
delete this

Talha777
06-07-2007, 02:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by keltoi
No answer really looks good does it?
Are you blind, didn't you read the option that Iraq should be an Islamic state under Islamic law. If, insha Allah, this is achieved, all of the country's problems will become ancient history.

Goku
06-07-2007, 02:18 PM
Islamic State should be the goal for the Iraqis to aim for, God's Law will providie security Insha'Allah, but the people need to have ilm and the desire to live peacefully within their different so called sects.

Foreign troops should withdraw immediately, they cant provide security.

I'm glad to see most Americans here favour the pullout, on facist right winger forums some Americans favour terrorising the Iraqis with an American Iron grip, not caring about how the civilians feel, they would call those who want the US to pull out "brain dead liberal leftists" and other insults since they are too intellectually weak to challenge the leftist/liberals any other way. Oh and they share a burning hatred for Michael Moore, who is more of an American patiot than they could ever be. :rollseyes

But on topic, its in the interests of Iraqis to create peace, any warring factions need to solve their differences diplomatically, anyone wishing to get involved in the political process should be given the opportunity to do so. I think either an Islamic Shariah state or democasy are the 2 plausable options for Iraq.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.