/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Palestinian baby rushed to Israeli hospital

guyabano
05-30-2007, 07:04 PM
Even though a lot of hatred is against Israel, maybe you should also widen your horizon and see acts of hope and peace

An eight-day-old Palestinian baby was transfered from the Gaza Strip to an Israeli hospital near Tel Aviv on Sunday to receive life-saving heart surgery.

Doctors at Sheba Medical Center said the child has a severe congenial heart defect and would have died within days had he not been operated on. His prognosis is now said to be excellent.

Israeli medical crews continue to bring Palestinian patients from Gaza to Sheba Medical Center to receive critical treatment they simply cannot get in the Palestinian-controlled territories. This despite the fact that Gaza-based terrorists are raining down rockets on southern Israel.

Ambulance personnel who spoke to Ynet said they are putting their lives in great danger to transfer Palestinian patients from Gaza on a daily basis. Last week, as Hamas mortar shells fell all around them, Israeli medics treated a Palestinian patient on the spot at Gaza's Erez Crossing.

A doctor from Sheba Medical Center said that on average, three of the transfered patients every week are children or babies with heart defects. There is no heart surgeon in the Gaza Strip.

The cost of the surgeries is largely covered by donations Sheba Medical Center raises for the purpose of helping ailing Palestinians.

Source

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Keltoi
05-30-2007, 08:41 PM
The average people of both sides of this conflict are just that, average people. The average person only sees a sick child, not an ethnicity.

AHMED_GUREY
05-30-2007, 08:48 PM
:sl:
nice:)
:w:

Amadeus85
05-30-2007, 09:16 PM
I wonder if Palestinians would do the same with jewish child...I want to believe that answer is -yes.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
- Qatada -
05-30-2007, 09:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aaron85
I wonder if Palestinians would do the same with jewish child...I want to believe that answer is -yes.

Infact they would, and not just that - they did it for many many centuries. Not just for the children, but for all the Jewish people who wanted to settle in the Islamic State. As stated before, because they wanted to flee from other states who were ready to kill them.

That's a kool article by the way, thanks. There are some good people out there from both sides, alhamdulillah (the praise is for Allaah.) :)

Eric H
05-30-2007, 11:00 PM
Greetings and peace be with you Aaron;

format_quote Originally Posted by Aaron85
Here is a remarkable story posted on this forum by sonz last year.
http://www.islamicboard.com/world-af...ture-love.html

The parents of a Palestinian boy killed by Israeli soldiers have donated his organs to three Israeli children.

Ahmad Khatib, 12, was carrying a toy rifle when he was gunned down on Thursday in the West Bank town of Jenin.

The soldiers, who were conducting a raid, had mistaken him for a militant.

The boy died on Sunday but three Israeli girls underwent surgery to receive his lungs, heart and liver.

Ahmad's father Ismail Khatib said the decision to donate the organs was influenced by the fact his 24-year-old brother died while waiting for a liver transplant.

Mr Khatib hoped the gesture would send a message of peace to Israelis and Palestinians.

He said: "In our religion, God allows us to give organs to another person and it doesn't matter who the person is."

The father of 12-year-old Samah Gadban, who had been waiting five years for a heart, called the donation a "gesture of love."

Riad Gadban said: "I want to thank him (Mr Khatib) and his family. With their gift, I would like for them to think that my daughter is their daughter."

The Schneider Children's Medical Centre in Israel reported that a 14-year-old Jewish girl has received Ahmad's lungs and a seven-month-old girl was given his liver.

Israel has a chronic shortage of donor organs that many medical officials attribute to Jewish religious taboos against such donations.

In the spirit of praying for peace on Earth

Eric

Joe98
05-30-2007, 11:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H

In the spirit of praying for peace on Earth

Eric

If we had peace this forum would be shut down! :skeleton: :skeleton:

Zman
05-30-2007, 11:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Joe98

Then this forum will operate for quite some time, Insha Allah, since there are the likes of you who think that way.

People who think like you and act on it, are the real impediment to peace and good will...

Joe98
05-30-2007, 11:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zman
People who think like you and act on it, are the real impediment to peace and good will.....

There is a thread above titled "A Call for Co-existance".

The people who think like me have a sense of humour. The lack of it by others means there can never be co-existance.

Zman
05-31-2007, 12:03 AM
The people who think like me have a sense of humour.

It's a dark, misplaced, and uncalled for "sense of humor," in this case...

north_malaysian
05-31-2007, 04:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
The average people of both sides of this conflict are just that, average people. The average person only sees a sick child, not an ethnicity.
I want to give you reps for this, unluckily I was asked to spread them to others first.

Philosopher
05-31-2007, 05:32 AM
Sarcasm?? There are a whole bunch of atheists, christians, jews, agnostics and come pagans, hindus, buddhists and zorastrians here speaking their views.

Eric H
05-31-2007, 06:21 AM
Greetings and peace be with you Joe98;

There is still the need to promote peace, and I believe there is still the need for an Islamic forum. I have found peace despite all the diverse conversations that are brought up here.

In the spirit of praying for peace in our hearts.

Eric

north_malaysian
05-31-2007, 08:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Philosopher
Sarcasm?? There are a whole bunch of atheists, christians, jews, agnostics and come pagans, hindus, buddhists and zorastrians here speaking their views.
and lots of "Undiscloseds" too... :okay:

glo
05-31-2007, 08:52 AM
I am nominating this thread for the

Most Postive and Peaceful Thread in World Affairs Award

IntnlPeace300?s958429886 - :thumbs_up

AzizMostafa
05-31-2007, 04:46 PM
Eric H, please correct me if I am wrong, then answer the questions that follow:

Q1. Is that's why he was rushed to the Israeli hospital?
Q2. The boy's head+heart, lungs + one liver were not hit, what did he died of?
Q3. Was Samah's father — Gadban — Christian or Muslim?
Of course, he was not a Jew as Jewish religious taboos are against such donations.
And he was Palestinian not Israeli as he was living in the West Bank town of Jenin.

4. Mr Khatib — boy's father— hoped the gesture would send a message of peace to Israelis + Palestinians.
Q4. How did the Israeli reciprocate for that message of Love+peace?!
Q5. Was Mr Khatib Hamas or Fatih follower? Or independent?! Or?!

5. Ahmad's father Ismail Khatib said the decision to donate the organs was influenced by the fact that his 24-year-old brother died while waiting for a liver transplant.

Q6. Why did not Ahmad's father donate one of his livers to his brother? Was he one-livered then?

7. Ahmad Khatib, 12, was carrying a toy rifle when he was gunned down on Thursday in the West Bank town of Jenin.
8. The soldiers, who were conducting a raid, had mistaken him for a militant.

Q7. If Ahmad's father was so peace-loving, why did he buy a toy rifle for his boy?
Q8. How should Palestinian welcome those who made them refugees in their homeland? With Flowers?
Q9. Why are Israeli soldiers so scared by the boy's toy rifle?

AzizMostafa
06-02-2007, 09:30 PM
Are my Questions too hard to answer?!

Eric H
06-03-2007, 12:42 AM
Greetings and peace be with you AzizMostafa;

Guyabano started this thread by saying that an Israeli hospital was helping Palestinians. My reply was to say that I had also read a story about a Palestinian helping Israelis, the story was originally posted by sonz; one of the moderators on this forum.

I posted the article because it had stuck in my mind from reading it several months ago. Sorry but I am not in a position to answer your questions because that short story is all the information I came across.

Take care

Eric

Malaikah
06-03-2007, 12:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by guyabano
Even though a lot of hatred is against Israel, maybe you should also widen your horizon and see acts of hope and peace
Good on the hospital for what they did, no doubt. As Keltoi said, there are ordinary humans on each side of the border.

But that doesn't somehow mean that the actions of evil and oppression of the Israeli government can be forgotten.

NoName55
06-03-2007, 06:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AzizMostafa

5. Ahmad's father Ismail Khatib said the decision to donate the organs was influenced by the fact that his 24-year-old brother died while waiting for a liver transplant.

Q6. Why did not Ahmad's father donate one of his livers to his brother? Was he one-livered then?
I think everyone everywhere is "one-livered" mabe not iran but everyplace else, 1 one liver per person

guyabano
06-03-2007, 08:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malaikah
Good on the hospital for what they did, no doubt. As Keltoi said, there are ordinary humans on each side of the border.

But that doesn't somehow mean that the actions of evil and oppression of the Israeli government can be forgotten.
True, we will not forget, what evil both sides, Palestinians and Israelis do to each other. Sad to see, that things like that are going on in the 21st Century.

AzizMostafa
06-03-2007, 10:32 AM
Thanks NoName55 + sorry for confusing Liver with Kidney.
Waiting for your answers to the rest of my questions.
By the way, am I right to conclude that the boy's kidneys were also confiscated.

NoName55
06-03-2007, 11:09 AM
Maybe first you answer one of my questions.

I wanted to know whether there are special places in Iran where they teach hatred for Jews like hicks and hillbillies have in America where they teach the braindead how to overthrow the Government and how to hate and destroy Jews, Blacks and Muslims

wilberhum
06-03-2007, 04:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by NoName55
Maybe first you answer one of my questions.

I wanted to know whether there are special places in Iran where they teach hatred for Jews like hicks and hillbillies have in America where they teach the braindead how to overthrow the Government and how to hate and destroy Jews, Blacks and Muslims
Can you tell us where the hicks and hillbillies have these schools? :skeleton:
Or is this just another hateful unjustified remark? :?
I think we know who teaches the brain dead how to overthrow the government.
Of course they teach hate towards the Jews. :raging:

NoName55
06-03-2007, 04:25 PM
oh my! did that hit too close to home?

wilberhum
06-03-2007, 04:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by NoName55
oh my! did that hit too close to home?
Yes we have some who teach Jew hate here in Seattle.
But of course you didn't answer the questions. So I must have hit too close to home.
Or is this just another hateful unjustified remark?

AzizMostafa
06-04-2007, 03:53 AM
> I wanted to know whether there are special places in Iran where they teach hatred for Jews...

NoName55,

1. In Iran, the Jews are given a pledge that they would be free to follow their religion as long as
they conducted themselves peacefully without making mischief.

2. Unlike in some Islamic countries, Iran does not prohibit teaching Quran in Schools. Ever read?
__________________________________________________ __________________
You will surely find the most hostile of men to the believers are the Jews and the idolaters;
and you will surely find the nearest of them in love to the believers are those who say "We are Christians".
that, because some of them are priests and monks, and they wax not proud. (5:82)

You will not find any people who believe in God and the Last Day befriending anyone
who opposes God and His Messenger, (58:22)

And the Jews will not be pleased with you, nor the (deviated) Christians until you follow their religion
Say: Surely Allah's Guidance, that is the (true) guidance;
And if you follow their desires after the knowledge that has come to you you shall have no guardian from Allah,
nor any helper (2:120)

O believers, take not Jews and (deviated) Christians as friends; they are friends of each other
Whoso of you makes them his friends is one of them; God guides not the people of the evildoers (5:51)

The Jews have said, "God’s Hand is fettered".
Fettered are their hands, and they are cursed for what they have said
Nay, but His hands are outspread; He expends how He will (5:64)
Peace + Flowers

NoName55
06-04-2007, 04:23 AM
Audhobillah min alshaitan alrajeem
format_quote Originally Posted by AzizMostafa
> I wanted to know whether there are special places in Iran where they teach hatred for Jews...

NoName55,

1. In Iran, the Jews are given a pledge that they would be free to follow their religion as long as
they conducted themselves peacefully without making mischief.

2. Unlike in some Islamic countries, Iran does not prohibit teaching Quran in Schools. Ever read?
You will surely find the most hostile of men to the believers are the Jews and the idolaters;
and you will surely find the nearest of them in love to the believers are those who say "We are Christians".
that, because some of them are priests and monks, and they wax not proud. (5:82)

You will not find any people who believe in God and the Last Day befriending anyone
who opposes God and His Messenger, (58:22)

And the Jews will not be pleased with you, nor the (deviated) Christians until you follow their religion
Say: Surely Allah's Guidance, that is the (true) guidance;
And if you follow their desires after the knowledge that has come to you you shall have no guardian from Allah,
nor any helper (2:120)

O believers, take not Jews and (deviated) Christians as friends; they are friends of each other
Whoso of you makes them his friends is one of them; God guides not the people of the evildoers (5:51)

The Jews have said, "God’s Hand is fettered".
Fettered are their hands, and they are cursed for what they have said
Nay, but His hands are outspread; He expends how He will (5:64)
Peace + Flowers
Unlike in some Islamic countries, Iran does not prohibit teaching Quran in Schools.
Teaching Quraan is different than misquoting out of context to cause hate and fitnah

when discussing any particular verse, what the lahnatullahs don't teach is its context and circumstance in which it was sent.

they are a bit like the english police force; if IRA exploded a bomb in England, they used to go and catch the first Irish catholic they came accross and lock him for the crime of another. Not too long ago they locked up one black man for the muder of a police man committed by a completely different black man (now they seem to be doing the same thing with us re: terrorism suspects)

NoName55
06-04-2007, 04:26 AM
and ofcourse they will emphasize the virtues of trinitarians as both have much in common

north_malaysian
06-04-2007, 08:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
I am nominating this thread for the

Most Postive and Peaceful Thread in World Affairs Award

:thumbs_up
:bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

NobleMuslimUK
06-04-2007, 10:48 AM
:sl:
SubhanAllah, AllahuAbkbar another sign of Allah zawajjal. Allah swt has said in the Holy Quran I will use even the kuffar for the spread of Islam i.e peace.

glo
06-04-2007, 07:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
:bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo:
Somehow it doesn't seem to be the 'Most Postive and Peaceful Thread in World Affairs' any longer ... :uhwhat

I suggest taking it off the nominations list ...

Peace

AzizMostafa
06-05-2007, 04:58 AM
> Teaching Quraan is different than misquoting out of context to cause hate and fitnah (?)

NoName55, So Moslems must:
1. leave the Remote Mosque (17:1-6) to the Jews and pray inside the the Mosque built upon the suggestion
of a learned Muslim of Jewish origin, K’ab al-Ahbar, the very close friend and confidant of Umar (ra).
2. thank the Zionist (Jews + Christians) for allowing us to sing + dance in+around jerusalem.
http://www.islamicboard.com/world-af...jerusalem.html

North Malaysian,
Ya ALLAH, HANCURKAN MUSUHMU ZIONIS DAN USA
BERIKAN KEMENANGAN KEPADA UMAT ISLAM

NoName55
06-05-2007, 05:39 AM
I may be senile but I don't think that any Mosque is worth paying for with the lives of all the palestinian children and people, that have been lost up to now and more will surely be lost if they take lessons from Rafidah Lahnatullahs

BTW I have nothing against K’ab Al-Ahbar or Hazrat Umar Raziullah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.