/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Verses Deleted from the Bible !

Abdul-Raouf
05-31-2007, 04:39 AM
Verses Deleted from the Bible
Please read footnotes in the Bible !!!

Source: http://www.usislam.org/deleted/versesdeleted.htm

I was reading the Holy Bible, Easy-To-Read Version - Matthew 18:10-14. I found that the number of verse 11 existed with no text! The footnote for this verse states that some Greek copies add verse 11: “The Son of Man came to save lost people.” I could not believe it. Some Greek copies add a verse and some don’t. So the Easy-To-Read Version decided against including this verse. Why? Isn’t the Bible the “inspired Word” of God that no verse should be added, removed, or changed?
I started investigating this problem by looking at footnotes! I was shocked that this is a common problem in the 'Word of God'. Many of the following verses also do not exist in American Standard Version, Revised Standard Version, and New Revised Standard. These verses exist mainly in King James Version. The Text that is added or deleted is italicized.

• Matthew 17:21 No Text Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting
  • Matthew 18:11 No Text For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost
  • Matthew 23:14 No Text Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater ****ation
  • Mark 7:16 No Text If any man have ears to hear, let him hear.
  • Mark 9:44 No Text Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched
  • Mark 9:46 No Text Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched
  • Mark 11:26 No Text But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses
  • Mark 15:28 No Text And the scripture was fulfilled, which saith, And he was numbered with the transgressors.
  • Mark 16:9-20, The short Gospel according to Mark does not include the resurrection and ascension of Jesus, 12 verses. The long Gospel according to Mark includes these 12 verses!!
  • Luke 9:54 Text Addition And when his disciples James and John saw this, they said, Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Elias did?
  • Luke 9:55 Text Addition But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of.
  • Luke 10:1. “After these things the Lord appointed other seventy” Some Geek versions have the number 70, others have 72
  • Luke 17:36 No Text Two men shall be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
  • Luke 22:19-20 Some Greek versions do not have the last part of verse 19 and all of 20. This is the part when Jesus said: The bread is my body, and the wine is my blood.
  • Luke 23:17 No Text (For of necessity he must release one unto them at the feast.)
  • John 3: 16-21 Some scholars think these are Jesus’ words. Others think John added these verses start with “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
  • John 5:3 Text Addition In these lay a great multitude of impotent folk, of blind, halt, withered, waiting for the moving of the water.
  • John 5:4 No Text For an angel went down at a certain season into the pool, and troubled the water: whosoever then first after the troubling of the water stepped in was made whole of whatsoever disease he had
  • John 7:53 to 8:11. The story of the woman that was caught in Adultery does not exist. Old and best Greek copies do not have these verses?!
  • Acts 8:37 No Text And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.
  • Acts 15:34 No Text Notwithstanding it pleased Silas to abide there still.
  • Acts 24:6-8 Some Greek copies add last part of verse 6, verse 7, and first part of verse 8.
  • Acts 28:29 No Text And when he had said these words, the Jews departed, and had great reasoning among themselves.

Check http://bible.crosswalk.com/
Check http://www.biblegateway.com/cgi-bin/bible

The serious question about the above deleted verses is: Who added them in the beginning? And why? There are big sections that added in Mark 16:9-20 and John 7:53 to 8:11. These are clear evidence that the Church has tampered with the New Testament. Are the above verses “inspired corrections,” “inspired additions,” or “inspired deletions.”? You decide!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Allah-creation
05-31-2007, 04:48 AM
thats why allah(SW) brought down the quran.

vpb
05-31-2007, 04:51 AM
:sl:

u can see from the moon that it is corrupted.

thirdwatch512
05-31-2007, 04:52 AM
yes. and there's a shia quran with 2 extra surahs. and the quran typically used in tunisia is not the same one that most other muslims use.

we still have what the original manuscripts say. and we still use them. and we know they are authentic, because people from the time of Jesus and shortly after have quoted them! let's take St. Antioch for example.. St. Antioch wrote a lot on Christianity.. all in all, he quoted most verses from the Bible we have now! He was a student of St. John.

please stop opying and pasting articles trying to stir trouble and do some research on the Gospels.

the Bible hasn't been changed like muslims claim. we know this from early Christian Fathers who quoted verses, and we know this from documents that are very early. Such as the Gospel according to St. Matthew and the Gospel according to St. Mark.. they have found bits and pieces of these great Gospels from 67 A.D.!!

now would you like me to quote you some hadith narrated by aisha that says that 2 surahs were lost, and that one surah was supposed to have 200 ayats but only has 75?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
vpb
05-31-2007, 05:00 AM
yes. and there's a shia quran with 2 extra surahs. and the quran typically used in tunisia is not the same one that most other muslims use.
You just told us that you have no knowledge whatsoever, but to make it easy Read this book and then come and make that statement again :)

we still have what the original manuscripts say. and we still use them. and we know they are authentic, because people from the time of Jesus and shortly after have quoted them! let's take St. Antioch for example.. St. Antioch wrote a lot on Christianity.. all in all, he quoted most verses from the Bible we have now! He was a student of St. John.
original??? authentic?? haha , you don't even know the last names of the writers of the gospels? what is the last name of Paul, John , Mark???? who are these people?? u want to teach me christianity from a writer like Paul who has been chasin christians to kill them??? and then he got inspired?

please stop opying and pasting articles trying to stir trouble and do some research on the Gospels.
well there's no trouble. explain the article please.

the Bible hasn't been changed like muslims claim. we know this from early Christian Fathers who quoted verses, and we know this from documents that are very early. Such as the Gospel according to St. Matthew and the Gospel according to St. Mark.. they have found bits and pieces of these great Gospels from 67 A.D.!!
are you serious? or just joking? what Christian fathers? mention the names? who where they? and i'm repeating again according to mark who? mathew who?....

now would you like me to quote you some hadith narrated by aisha that says that 2 surahs were lost, and that one surah was supposed to have 200 ayats but only has 75?
go on please :)

Curaezipirid
05-31-2007, 06:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Allah-creation
thats why allah(SW) brought down the quran.
That is not a very perfectly accurate refutation. The reason WHY Allah brought down Qur'an is far greater than only any failures of other Religions to accurately preserve text.

In fact the reason, if Allah's, must be reason unknowable to us. We might know small parts of the reason, but can never know all of.

However there is clear evidence in the dead sea scrolls that there were persons attempting to corrupt Jesus teaching very soon after it was first made, and that is certainly a portion of why it is that Islam exists, so as to set the records straight.

format_quote Originally Posted by vpb
:sl:

u can see from the moon that it is corrupted.

The moon seperating can not have happened because of corruptions to scripture. That is patently absurd to believe. The scriptures hold real worth even corrupted, and only shaytans try to defame any Religious teaching to the extent of naming the corruptions to Religious teaching as the cause of the moon.

The reality of putting words down upon paper, in its whole tradition, is in origin begun from the need to make records of what is contained within Arc of Covenant. It is part of the Covenant.

The nature of the Covenant is such that any person always fears their own death if they attempt to prevent the keeping of the text of the true teaching about what is actually inside Arc of Covenant.

That fact will preserve the true tradition, in Islam as it now stands.

Salam

Muezzin
05-31-2007, 08:59 AM
Just to clarify: Members are allowed to challenge and discuss religious beliefs respectfully. However, they are not permitted to link to anti-Islamic sites as per the forum rules.

Also, these types of thread really belong in the Comparative Religion section.

Pygoscelis
05-31-2007, 11:14 AM
The bible is a hodgepodge of numerous texts. Basically, christianity was formed, splintered so much that a great many "holy" texts were used in various different churches in different towns and eventually it got so varied that the high priests all got together and decided what to leave in and what to cut out. Yes. The very CREATION of the bible involved editing and omitting. And after that point it continued to be edited from time to time and this is why we have all these different "versions" of the bible. If it never changed there would only be one version - the original. It is a far cry to claim that the text you read when you pick up a bible (and only that text) is the inspired word of God and has never changed.

The Quran, as I understand it, was all recited by Mohammed and then past down in oral tradition for a while and then penned? No big council of leave this in and take that out? If so, then I think the muslims have a better claim to non-changing of the text. The muslims also often insist that you have to read the Quran in its original language to fully understand it - which makes sense, as much can be lost in translation.

Now all that said, I of course don't find either book to be holy or inspired by a God. But the Quran is definitely less changed and edited than the bible.

vpb
05-31-2007, 11:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by thirdwatch512
well thank you vpb for clearing up my "misconceptions." however, i think it ould have been better if you did so in PM, as noname didn't want this in this thread. :)

and btw, there are nicer ways to approach then to abruptly say

um... yeah.. a little rude!
we used an expression when I was in high school we used to say "you said , you ate it, so now you have to hold it on your shoulders"

and i'm not trying to be rude, but you need to read a little bit before you start attacking someone. If you would have the proper knowledge about Islam, not from the sources of answering islam, but from good resources, you wouldn't have these problems.
cuz these missionaries just have to say something bad, wether it is a lie or twisted word, just to say something so they can fool people who don't know, and make them think bad about Islam, like the author of the book "why trust bible" was saying that the arabs changed the Arabic to the one as the Qur'an, so then they could say "Qur'an has higher arabic style then others", how stupid is this?

anyways. :)

Talha777
05-31-2007, 01:06 PM
The "Great Commission" which is the Christian's justification for faith healing, snake-handling, and poison-drinking is a latter interpolation and fabrication of the Bible. Scholars have noted that the relevant portion of Mark 16 are not found in the earliest complete manuscripts of Vaticanus and Sinaiticus. I wander what all those crazy pentecostals and evangelicals will do when they find out their religion is a sham. Of course, they are still brainwashed and taught that their so called Bible is the "infallible word of God" as well as "inerrant" (despite blatant contradictions).

These Christians need to stop being stubborn and just accept the Truth (Islam). Why would anyone want to jeopardize their salvation and risk and eternity in hellfire for breaking the first of the Ten Commandments?

vpb
05-31-2007, 01:15 PM
Of course, they are still brainwashed and taught that their so called Bible is the "infallible word of God" as well as "inerrant" (despite blatant contradictions).
it should be "Descreption of God" rather than "Word of God", bc the words from on the bible were not revelaed from God, but people like Paul John etc.. they wrote whatever they knew. and how accurate were they supposed to be when they didn't meet Jesus??? You see when two people get married, they don't know much about each other till they really get married, bc when they stay together they know more about each other, but how is a person supposed to talk "accurately" about a person that he didn't even met? not even didn't met him on the same time, but in different times.

thirdwatch512
05-31-2007, 10:20 PM
it should be "Descreption of God" rather than "Word of God", bc the words from on the bible were not revelaed from God, but people like Paul John etc.. they wrote whatever they knew. and how accurate were they supposed to be when they didn't meet Jesus??? You see when two people get married, they don't know much about each other till they really get married, bc when they stay together they know more about each other, but how is a person supposed to talk "accurately" about a person that he didn't even met? not even didn't met him on the same time, but in different times.
sounds like YOU have no knowledge whatso ever.

appearently, according to the quran, someone was crucified in the place of Jesus. and many muslims believe that the person looked like Jesus. so appearently, God decieved us all from an islamic standpoint, and Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Paul, and others were decieved.. but why would God allow a such?

the Bible says that the Holy Spirit has inspired Scripture. and, i've said this before, but here we go again.

Paul, in His letters, quotes from Luke and calls it Scripture. Paul died in prolly 64 a.d. - 689 a.d. .. so we know that Luke is younger then that. Mark and Matthew both came before Luke. and manuscripts have been found from the 60's a.d., so we know that they are close to the originals. Antioch in his writings mentioned the 4 Gospels, s we know John must be younger then we think. Antioch was a student of the Disciple John, and quoted from a lot of what we have in the Bible.there have been thousands of Gospel manuscripts found.. and besides a few different punctuations and all, they dont' contradict each other! therefore, it's probable that Scripture has not been corrupted.

also, you guys mention the NT a lot.. what about the OT? i would LOVE for you guys to bring ONE PROOF that the OT has been corrupted! Moses sent the Torah.. Joshua confirmed it, followed by many other people. do you honestly think that these PROPHETS OF GOD let the Torah be corrupt? no!! like the quran, a lot of the OT is poetic.. and many people do have the OT memorized :)

btw, i wasn't quoteing answering islam.. i was posting hadiths.

some of you people have barbaric attitudes.. people saying i'm not intellectual, and saying just some of the rudest things.. what kind of people are you? my goodness, if you want peopel to think positive of islam, then SHOW us that you guys are good people, so i don't have to leave this computer with stereotyping.

and talha - i have no reason to accept isl;am. i believe what i believe. not because i was born a Chrisitan, but because i did years of studiying the Bible. and also, your signature that says "support our troops" ... makes it seem as if you support al qidea or something.. i guess people will never understand how barbaric al qidea is on this board until they personally loose an uncle.

vpb
05-31-2007, 10:21 PM
ok :)

that website contains those hadiths.

thirdwatch512
05-31-2007, 10:37 PM
ok :)

that website contains those hadiths.
so does USC who has a huge database!

vpb
05-31-2007, 10:43 PM
thirdwatch512, well i'm not gonna try to reply, bc I spent today quite lot of time to reply to your claims, and they deleted them. So I see no point spending time to reply to your posts. i would love to discuss them . sorry

- Qatada -
05-31-2007, 10:51 PM
Hey.

appearently, according to the quran, someone was crucified in the place of Jesus. and many muslims believe that the person looked like Jesus. so appearently, God decieved us all from an islamic standpoint, and Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Paul, and others were decieved.. but why would God allow a such?

Nope, that's not the case at all. Infact, that's the claim of the Gospel of Barnabos, yet that claim isn't mentioned in the Qur'an at all.

وَقَوْلِهِمْ إِنَّا قَتَلْنَا الْمَسِيحَ عِيسَى ابْنَ مَرْيَمَ رَسُولَ اللّهِ وَمَا قَتَلُوهُ وَمَا صَلَبُوهُ وَلَـكِن شُبِّهَ لَهُمْ وَإِنَّ الَّذِينَ اخْتَلَفُواْ فِيهِ لَفِي شَكٍّ مِّنْهُ مَا لَهُم بِهِ مِنْ عِلْمٍ إِلاَّ اتِّبَاعَ الظَّنِّ وَمَا قَتَلُوهُ يَقِينا

Yusuf Ali Translation: That they said (in boast), "We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah";- but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not:-

[Qur'an 4: 157]

walakinshubbiha lahum = was made to appear to them.
Even if we were to use christianic logic, it's quite ironic how people don't mind if the honorable servant and Messenger of Allaah, Jesus son of Mary is killed, yet they are shocked if someone who according to the Gospel of Barnabos aka Juda, who betrayed Jesus should be killed.

also, you guys mention the NT a lot.. what about the OT? i would LOVE for you guys to bring ONE PROOF that the OT has been corrupted! Moses sent the Torah.. Joshua confirmed it, followed by many other people. do you honestly think that these PROPHETS OF GOD let the Torah be corrupt? no!! like the quran, a lot of the OT is poetic.. and many people do have the OT memorized :)

some of you people have barbaric attitudes.. people saying i'm not intellectual, and saying just some of the rudest things.. what kind of people are you? my goodness, if you want peopel to think positive of islam, then SHOW us that you guys are good people, so i don't have to leave this computer with stereotyping.

and talha - i have no reason to accept isl;am. i believe what i believe. not because i was born a Chrisitan, but because i did years of studiying the Bible. and also, your signature that says "support our troops" ... makes it seem as if you support al qidea or something.. i guess people will never understand how barbaric al qidea is on this board until they personally loose an uncle.

I hope you realise that many of the acts shown on the media aren't really Islamic, and i'm sure that we can discuss many verses from the OT aswell as the NT which are totally barbaric. And we can also look at the history of the Crusades if we really want to spark up a debate on which religion has caused more bloodshed throughout history.

Anyway here's some ahadith which will clarify alot of things:

The final Messenger of God, Muhammad (peace be upon him) said:

[In the Context of War:]

Do not kill any old person, any child, or any woman.” [Abu Dawud]

Do not kill the monks in monasteries,” or “Do not kill the people who are sitting in places of worship.” [Musnad Ahmad]

Narrated Anas ibn Malik: The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: Go in Allah's name, trusting in Allah, and adhering to the religion of Allah's Apostle. Do not kill a decrepit old man, or a young infant, or a child, or a woman; do not be dishonest about booty, but collect your spoils, do right and act well, for Allah loves those who do well. (Sunan Abu Dawud , Book 14, Number 2608)

It is narrated by Ibn 'Umar that a woman was found killed in one of these battles; so the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) forbade the killing of women and children.

[Sahih Muslim, Book 019, Number 4320]

In the final testament of God, in the Qur'an, God/Allaah the Most Merciful says:

Whosoever killeth a human being for other than manslaughter or corruption in the earth, it shall be as if he had killed all mankind, and whoso saveth the life of one, it shall be as if he had saved the life of all mankind...

[Qur'an 5: 32]
And if you got any misconceptions regarding other ahadith which you may have read, then i invite you to check this link:

Misconceptions:
http://www.load-islam.com/artical_de...Misconceptions

And Allaah Almighty knows best.

Regards.

thirdwatch512
06-01-2007, 04:04 AM
concerning the "gospel"of barnabas -

there are two of them. one, really old gnostic made in the 1st or second century, that calls Jesus Lord, and all of that.

and a second one, found in Spanish and Latin, in the 16th century. no previous documents of it found. it speaks in the style of that time, so it wasn't older. it's like king james version english and modern day.. they are different. the barnabas document had a different style then that of earlier times.

and it's a coincidence that it appeared during the time of the crusades.. hence, it was prolly made in an effort to convert Christians to islam.

NoName55
06-01-2007, 05:19 AM
and it's a coincidence that it appeared during the time of the crusades.. hence, it was prolly made in an effort to convert Christians to islam
ROFL

It is against Islaam to trick Christians [(or any one else) that would be same as telling lies] in to changing their religion

Edit:
I just checked anti-Muslim site "answering-islam" and lo and behold! (it is another one of their lies to beat us with)

Edit2

In one place that lying site says that Gospel of Barnabas was written by Muslims
and then goes on to contradict itself in another place saying "The Gospel of Barnabas was evidently written by a Christian renegade in the ..... "

Then goes on to say "He could have been a Spanish convert from Islam forcibly converted at the time of the Inquisition who took private revenge on his persecutors by forging a pro Islamic Gospel.

wilberhum
06-01-2007, 05:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by NoName55
ROFL

It is against Islaam to trick Christians [(or any one else) that would be same as telling lies] in to changing their religion
So? Are you implying all Muslims always does what Islam says?

NoName55
06-01-2007, 05:49 AM
Muslims: Yes!

People with Muslim sounding arabic names: Who cares? NOT ME!

wilberhum
06-01-2007, 06:08 AM
Muslims: Yes!

People with Muslim sounding arabic names: Who cares? NOT ME!
Oh the old "All Muslims are good" routine. :skeleton:
Well if all Christians followed the teachings of Christ, the Crusades would have never happened. To bad Christians can't be perfect like Muslims. :D

NoName55
06-01-2007, 06:32 AM
I ask Allah for protection from you
اعوذ بالله من الشیطان الرجیم

Grace Seeker
06-01-2007, 08:50 AM
concerning the "gospel"of barnabas -

there are two of them. one, really old gnostic made in the 1st or second century, that calls Jesus Lord, and all of that.

and a second one, found in Spanish and Latin, in the 16th century. no previous documents of it found. it speaks in the style of that time, so it wasn't older. it's like king james version english and modern day.. they are different. the barnabas document had a different style then that of earlier times.

and it's a coincidence that it appeared during the time of the crusades.. hence, it was prolly made in an effort to convert Christians to islam.

I think the first one you mentioned is not know as a "Gospel" but as the "Letter of Barnabus", though neither were actually written by the Barnabus of the Bible.

Grace Seeker
06-01-2007, 09:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muzammil
Verses Deleted from the Bible
Please read footnotes in the Bible !!!

Source: http://www.usislam.org/deleted/versesdeleted.htm

I was reading the Holy Bible, Easy-To-Read Version - Matthew 18:10-14. I found that the number of verse 11 existed with no text! The footnote for this verse states that some Greek copies add verse 11: “The Son of Man came to save lost people.” I could not believe it. Some Greek copies add a verse and some don’t. So the Easy-To-Read Version decided against including this verse. Why? Isn’t the Bible the “inspired Word” of God that no verse should be added, removed, or changed?
I started investigating this problem by looking at footnotes! I was shocked that this is a common problem in the 'Word of God'. Many of the following verses also do not exist in American Standard Version, Revised Standard Version, and New Revised Standard. These verses exist mainly in King James Version. The Text that is added or deleted is italicized.

• Matthew 17:21 No Text Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting
  • Matthew 18:11 No Text For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost
  • Matthew 23:14 No Text Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater ****ation
  • Mark 7:16 No Text If any man have ears to hear, let him hear.
  • Mark 9:44 No Text Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched
  • Mark 9:46 No Text Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched
  • Mark 11:26 No Text But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses
  • Mark 15:28 No Text And the scripture was fulfilled, which saith, And he was numbered with the transgressors.
  • Mark 16:9-20, The short Gospel according to Mark does not include the resurrection and ascension of Jesus, 12 verses. The long Gospel according to Mark includes these 12 verses!!
  • Luke 9:54 Text Addition And when his disciples James and John saw this, they said, Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Elias did?
  • Luke 9:55 Text Addition But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of.
  • Luke 10:1. “After these things the Lord appointed other seventy” Some Geek versions have the number 70, others have 72
  • Luke 17:36 No Text Two men shall be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
  • Luke 22:19-20 Some Greek versions do not have the last part of verse 19 and all of 20. This is the part when Jesus said: The bread is my body, and the wine is my blood.
  • Luke 23:17 No Text (For of necessity he must release one unto them at the feast.)
  • John 3: 16-21 Some scholars think these are Jesus’ words. Others think John added these verses start with “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
  • John 5:3 Text Addition In these lay a great multitude of impotent folk, of blind, halt, withered, waiting for the moving of the water.
  • John 5:4 No Text For an angel went down at a certain season into the pool, and troubled the water: whosoever then first after the troubling of the water stepped in was made whole of whatsoever disease he had
  • John 7:53 to 8:11. The story of the woman that was caught in Adultery does not exist. Old and best Greek copies do not have these verses?!
  • Acts 8:37 No Text And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.
  • Acts 15:34 No Text Notwithstanding it pleased Silas to abide there still.
  • Acts 24:6-8 Some Greek copies add last part of verse 6, verse 7, and first part of verse 8.
  • Acts 28:29 No Text And when he had said these words, the Jews departed, and had great reasoning among themselves.

Check http://bible.crosswalk.com/
Check http://www.biblegateway.com/cgi-bin/bible

The serious question about the above deleted verses is: Who added them in the beginning? And why? There are big sections that added in Mark 16:9-20 and John 7:53 to 8:11. These are clear evidence that the Church has tampered with the New Testament. Are the above verses “inspired corrections,” “inspired additions,” or “inspired deletions.”? You decide!
Muslim Woman asked a question similar to this in another thread, Post #316, in "Who is the Trinity to Christians & Muslims?". I gave her a rather detailed answer there working through just one verse. While the specifics would not be the same for each of those you list, the general process would be the same. In the process of copying not all the copying was done perfectly. Variations arose. Sometimes those were caught and corrected, sometimes they were themselves copied and perpetuated.

Most changes are truly relatively minor, like spelling "theater" as "theatre". Sometimes a word is accidentally dropped that should have been kept. Sometimes a word is added. Like it might have originally have said "Jesus" in the text and some copyists carelessly goes ahead and writes not "Jesus" but "Jesus Christ". But sometimes they are major such as the one the Muslim Woman asked about. The process of studying these variants is not perfect. But most of them are pretty easy to establish what the original was. The hard ones are those that usually make the least difference in the understanding of the passage. If 1/3 of the copies say "Jesus", and 1/3 of them say "Christ" and 1/3 of them say "Jesus Christ", it can be hard to determine which it was originally. But maybe it doesn't make that big of difference in the long run.

As for the above examples you cite, were they inspired? Even though I'm pretty sure you meant it rhetorically, I want to answer. No. The changes were not inspired. The changes are where human error has indeed effected the text available to us today. Fortunately, we are still able, with a high degree of certainty, to ascertain what the original text was in most cases. If you want to know just how high a degree of certainty, get a copy of the United Bible Societies Greek New Testament and learn how to use the critical textual appartus that accompanies it.

Eesa Abdullah
06-01-2007, 02:03 PM

And how are most Muslims claiming that the Bible has been changed?

thirdwatch512
06-01-2007, 07:10 PM
ROFL

Edit:
I just checked anti-Muslim site "answering-islam" and lo and behold! (it is another one of their lies to beat us with)

Edit2

In one place that lying site says that Gospel of Barnabas was written by Muslims
and then goes on to contradict itself in another place saying "The Gospel of Barnabas was evidently written by a Christian renegade in the ..... "

Then goes on to say "He could have been a Spanish convert from Islam forcibly converted at the time of the Inquisition who took private revenge on his persecutors by forging a pro Islamic Gospel.
you obviously have no knowledge of gnosticism what so ever.

to sum it up: Christianity was at first divided into two main groups.. Orthodox, and Gnostic.

Orthodox still exists. todays Catholics, Eastern Orthodox, and all of that. They used the 4 Gospels we have today, the writings we have, and everything. Peter started the Catholic Church. Most early writings of Chrsitianity were from Orthodox writings.. Clement of Alexandria, Antioch, etc.

Then there's Gnostics.. Gnostics are people who made up docuemtns to fit their beliefs. There are dozens upon dozens of Gnostic "Gospels." they are made up. The "gospel" of barnabas is CLEARLY gnostic. and ANYONE who actually looks at history and doesn't just look at a few islamic sites would know that. in early Christian writings, NOT A SINGLE EARLY CHRISTIAN wrote about some "gospel of barnabas." not one! yet EVERY book in the Bible we have now was written about.. EVERY ONE. in fact, EVERY VERSE in the Bible was quoted by the early Church Fathers in the first 2 centuries except 11!

and no "gospel of barnabas" was or anything.

if you were honest to yourself, and actually did some research, you would know that. it doesn't have to just be from anti muslim sites. go to any Christian site, any Secular site, and they will tell you that the "gospel of barnabas" is a made up Gospel.

and you claim that no muslim would lie.. well, it's obviously that not every muslim is alike. people liek you, who actually believe in the "gospel of barnabas" are clear examples of people who lie!

thirdwatch512
06-01-2007, 07:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eesa Abdullah
And how are most Muslims claiming that the Bible has been changed?
i can't think of a single muslim who i have talked to who HASN'T told me the Bible has been changed.

wilberhum
06-01-2007, 07:17 PM
i can't think of a single muslim who i have talked to who HASN'T told me the Bible has been changed.
I’m still trying to figure out how:
Not Changed = From God

NoName55
06-01-2007, 07:34 PM
@ thirdwatch512

I dare not reply any more since some of your admirers are making threats via private message and repute system and lowering my rep.

This danged place is overrun by kuffaar and fake muslims, illiterate muslims. So kuffar win every arguement whether by copy pasting from anti-Muslim sites or by exploiting those Mozlems who eager to please thus get some kind of validation from the "great White Man" then there are the illiterate brigade who copy paste from likes of islamqa and think they are scholars thus missuse Quraan and Ahaadith to score silly points

:(

I need another week off from this for I am under siege by loonies from all sides.

wilberhum
06-01-2007, 07:38 PM
I dare not reply any more since some of your admirers are making threats via private message
If that is not total BS, you need to inform the admins.

جوري
06-01-2007, 07:45 PM
@ thirdwatch512

I dare not reply any more since some of your admirers are making threats via private message and repute system and lowering my rep.

This danged place is overrun by kuffaar and fake muslims, illiterate muslims. So kuffar win every arguement whether by copy pasting from anti-Muslim sites or by exploiting those Mozlems who eager to please thus get some kind of validation from the "great White Man" then there are the illiterate brigade who copy paste from likes of islamqa and think they are scholars thus missuse Quraan and Ahaadith to score silly points

:(

I need another week off from this for I am urder siege from both groups
This guy third watch, has no credibility, none whatsoever, I don't bother read his posts anymore... he could partake of the grim's fairy tales, he makes up long tall tales as he goes along.. just ignore him. whomever gives you a bad repute, give him one in return.. This BS can work both ways..
ad3o rabbi an yaj3alak da'eman 3la siraten mostaqeem
Ameen Ameen Ameen
:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.