/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Has any one migrated in order to become a better muslim?

nocturne
05-31-2007, 10:08 AM
Assalamualaikum,

I am thinking of migrating once i finished my studies, in order to become a better muslim. I do like to hear the stories some of you brothers/sisters have. Currently, i am residing in Singapore, not sure where i should go next.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muezzin
05-31-2007, 11:37 PM
Thinking of migrating? Just follow the birds.

Yes, I do know how lame that was.

Seriously, I have no idea, but I think becoming a better Muslim is ultimately dependent on the individual rather than surroundings. I say this because it seems all Muslim countries seem to have the same problems as non-Muslim ones, thus trying to use a country's predominant faith as a measure of how much iman you can generate by migrating there seems flawed.

iqbal_soofi
06-01-2007, 02:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by nocturne
Assalamualaikum,

I am thinking of migrating once i finished my studies, in order to become a better muslim. I do like to hear the stories some of you brothers/sisters have. Currently, i am residing in Singapore, not sure where i should go next.
You can pray and follow the right path anywhere in this world if you really want to. If you can't do something positive to become a good Muslim where you live, then it's useless to migrate to some other place for that reason. There's a famous Punjabi saying:

Jehray Lahore phudoo ou Maccay vee phudoo.

nocturne
06-01-2007, 02:44 AM
Assalam,

it just seems the little easier to do it in a muslim country. But i have to agree,there will always be challenges for muslims wherever we live. Its a daily struggle and at times having a muslim brother next door, might be more helpful...

Perhaps, i should think of staying here and fight to keep my faith.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
iqbal_soofi
06-01-2007, 04:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nocturne
Assalam,

Perhaps, i should think of staying here and fight to keep my faith.
Don't worry. Nobody can steal your faith. Some people think that a plenty of knowledge about social sciences and other modern subjects can harm your faith. This is not true. Broad based knowledge always strengthens your faith in Allah. It's only harmful to those who try to implant their narrow version of faith in Muslims.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.