England
05-31-2007, 02:28 PM
United confirm Owen capture

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?...m+Owen+capture

United land Nani and Anderson

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?...rson&channel=&

Anderson revels in United move

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?...move&channel=&

CHELSEA, ARSENAL AND LIVERPOOL BEWARE! :D NANI IS SUPPOSED TO BE SIMILAR TO CRISTIANO RONALDO. IMAGINE THAT, A RONALDO ON THE LEFT FLANK AND ANOTHER RONALDO ON THE RIGHT FLANK :D

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Kittygyal
05-31-2007, 03:48 PM
Greetings.

*Walks in the thread, then shuts the door quietly and walks back out the thread*

Take care

Sami Zaatari
05-31-2007, 04:06 PM
for a second i thought it was michael owen! then i opened the link and saw ah yes the average hagreaves.

England
05-31-2007, 04:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sami Zaatari
for a second i thought it was michael owen! then i opened the link and saw ah yes the average hagreaves.

* German Bundesliga: 2001, 2003, 2005, 2006
* UEFA Champions League: 2001
* Intercontinental Cup: 2001
* German Cup: 2003, 2005, 2006
* Premiere Ligapokal 2004
* 2001 European U-21 Player of the Year

Average? :rollseyes
He's a defensive midfielder.

There's a striker yet to come.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Far7an
05-31-2007, 04:32 PM
* German Bundesliga: 2001, 2003, 2005, 2006
That's a mickey mouse league anyway ;)
* UEFA Champions League: 2001
* Intercontinental Cup: 2001
* German Cup: 2003, 2005, 2006
* Premiere Ligapokal 2004
* 2001 European U-21 Player of the Year
Apart from Champions league the others are not that impressive either.

Take a look at Giggs' record, now that's impressive!

England
05-31-2007, 04:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Far7an
That's a mickey mouse league anyway ;)
Apart from Champions league the others are not that impressive either.

Take a look at Giggs' record, now that's impressive!

What else is there that you would deem "impressive" lol? :rollseyes

chacha_jalebi
05-31-2007, 05:11 PM
i think hargreaves is k, but not as good as defensive playas like g.silva, essien:D

any news on arsenal transfers? bcos they need sum strikers,

England
05-31-2007, 06:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
i think hargreaves is k, but not as good as defensive playas like g.silva, essien:D

any news on arsenal transfers? bcos they need sum strikers,
With a team like United's Hargreaves is good enough. We already have Michael Carrick. Basically he's making the squad bigger. United grew tired once they reached Ac Milan. The tiredness was even visible in the 1st half against Everton prior to AC Milan and all the way afterwards too, including the FA Cup but now that more players are coming in Fergie will be able to afford to rest the likes of Giggs, Scholes, Ronaldo, Carrick, and once the new striker comes in rest Rooney. United will be a much stronger outfit next season :D

Arsenal don't need new players. Arsenal needs patience, like United over the few seasons. They're in a transition as were United and the kids that Arsenal have now will get better. Just give them time. This time last season and a few seasons before we were finishing OUTSIDE 2nd place with more or less the same players that won the Premiership this season.

Sami Zaatari
05-31-2007, 06:10 PM
i remember prior to world cup 2006 all england fans or most were 100% against hagreaves and rightfully so, he was terrible, no one could even understand why he was on the squad and many would critisize erikson for selecting him. and then he has a few good games and now hes a hero?! common! the only reason hagreaves looked good at the world cup was because other players under-performed. hes not worth the price tag, thats a fact, he is worth 5-7 million at most, 18 million?! your out of your mind!

England
05-31-2007, 06:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sami Zaatari
i remember prior to world cup 2006 all england fans or most were 100% against hagreaves and rightfully so, he was terrible, no one could even understand why he was on the squad and many would critisize erikson for selecting him. and then he has a few good games and now hes a hero?! common! the only reason hagreaves looked good at the world cup was because other players under-performed. hes not worth the price tag, thats a fact, he is worth 5-7 million at most, 18 million?! your out of your mind!
He's performed in EVERY game for England since the start of the world cup. He's shown what he is capable of doing. Ferguson gets the BEST out of players. If Fergie knows he can perform to the level he has then Fergie will make sure he will perform week in, week out. I wasn't against Hargreaves when before the world cup. You have to give players time. He had only just started to feature in England internationals before the world cup. When it mattered the most he worked hard, sweated blood.

chacha_jalebi
05-31-2007, 07:16 PM
but enggy is hargeaves gna b a regular or sub? i dont see him takin ne1 place mayb fletcher

arsenal need a top class striker, henry was injured. and it showd dat the strikers r crap wit him. i hope dey get ronaldinho or summin:p

talkin bout ronaldinho.. brazil 3 eng 0? eh:p

England
05-31-2007, 09:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
but enggy is hargeaves gna b a regular or sub? i dont see him takin ne1 place mayb fletcher

arsenal need a top class striker, henry was injured. and it showd dat the strikers r crap wit him. i hope dey get ronaldinho or summin:p

talkin bout ronaldinho.. brazil 3 eng 0? eh:p
Hargreaves and Carrick will be battling it out with each other. Like I just said, playing the same players week in week out for the whole season has its effect on the players. They get tired as you saw from the AC Milan game onwards. With signings like Hargreaves he'll just fit in nice and snug to give Carrick a rest. He'll be playing alot of games, there's no doubt about it. Fergie hasn't been chasing him for over a year, paying about £17million just to stick him on the bench has he?

Ubaidah
05-31-2007, 09:15 PM
As a Chelsea fan (have been since 1997), I was expecting most of these signings.

united
05-31-2007, 09:25 PM
nani- long-term replacement for giggs.
anderson- for keane??? would be a masterstroke if he turned out to be...
hargreaves... hes only 26. so compared to giggs(34) he has enough time to build up his "record" and hes coming to just the right place to do that.

England
05-31-2007, 09:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by united
nani- long-term replacement for giggs.
anderson- for keane??? would be a masterstroke if he turned out to be...
hargreaves... hes only 26. so compared to giggs(34) he has enough time to build up his "record" and hes coming to just the right place to do that.
I think Hargreaves is suited to Keane's style of play. I'm not too sure what Anderson is like but apparently is one of the best young talent in the world. Nani is likened to Ronaldo so that will be a huge problem for teams. Dealing with Ronaldo on the right AND Nani on the left.... wow :)
Chelsea will be annoyed as they've been watching Nani for sometime.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.