/* */

PDA

View Full Version : International Islamic University MALAYSIA anyone?

Naheezah
05-31-2007, 05:21 PM
:sl:

i was wondering if any1 out there... has been to this uni b4 or is still studying there...:rollseyes i need some information about how student's life is on campus??:? some real life experience...:statisfie

jazaakAllah khair for ur help.:)

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Mawaddah
05-31-2007, 10:22 PM

Well one of my distant cousins studied there, and when I went to K.L. for a visit I dropped off by her and stayed in her hostel for a week (at the end of the week I got caught by the authorities there and went home :p )

It's just like any other university I would think. If you are thinking that it is 'Islamic' as the name implies then you're quite mistaken. The only thing 'Islamic' is that the women are all required to have a scarf on whilst on campus. So if she's wearing tight tight jeans and a skintight shirt but has a scarf on it's okay :rollseyes
And also the boys hostels and the girls hostels are faaaaaaar from each other and they have guards at the hostel gates and everything so members of the different sex cant enter,but you still get the once in a while news of a girl being caught in a boys room etc etc.
Classes are let out early on Friday so that the men can attend Jumu'ah....

Ermm...and I think you're required to take Arabic, like basic arabic or something like that, i'm not sure?

But besides that? naah...not Islamic. a little time after I went home from visiting my cuz, they gathered all the sisters who wore niqaab for a lecture, and can you beleive, the lecture was about how Niqab is HARAM!! :eek:

And then after that they banned teachers from wearing it, and students who wore it were prevented from attending the graduation ceremony...they were just mailed their diploma and stuff.

But the campus is really nice and all, I wouldn't say much about the hostels :exhausted really really cramped, they stuff four girls into these tiny cubicles....not nice.
But they have all the gym and pool and all the works like that....segregated of course.

When I went, the area in which it was situated (Gombak) was still really undeveloped...there's forest all around and they was a little construction going around, it must've changed by now though.

You can catch the bus or the LRT to the main city a little away from the uni...

It's just nothing much to say about it Islamically, there was even this guy there who was OPENLY gay! and no one said anything to him! he used to go around wearing makeup and womens clothes and all of that Astaghfirullah...

Well, that's all I have to say about the student life there :D

vpb
05-31-2007, 10:23 PM

is this uni in UK?

Mawaddah
05-31-2007, 10:25 PM
^ Read the title of the thread bro? It's in Malaysia, otherwise known as U.I.A. (Universiti Islam Antarabangsa)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
vpb
05-31-2007, 10:27 PM
^ Read the title of the thread bro? It's in Malaysia, otherwise known as U.I.A. (Universiti Islam Antarabangsa)
easy akhi
bc it was saying International Islamic University MALAYSIA it sounds like it is the malysian university outside malysia.

north_malaysian
06-08-2007, 03:49 AM
I've been there and obtained a law degree. :D

Nice place for international students from 90+ countries.

syilla
06-08-2007, 04:16 AM
Actually...there are quite alot of people there are really islamics... :D

though what sis maw said is true...

but still...there are alot of islamic stuffs too..

for example they have stadium / sports centre just for the girls...

north_malaysian
06-08-2007, 04:20 AM
Fot Islamists... they called the university as "USA" - Universiti Sekular Antarabangsa (International Secular University)

For the non-practicing Muslims ... they called it as extremist university.

And you can meet all sort of people here - from Al Qaeda wannabes to transvestites.

north_malaysian
06-08-2007, 04:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla

for example they have stadium / sports centre just for the girls...
Yupp...

BTW, the swimming pool for brothers is situated nearby sisters hostel... The guys can swimming happily in their swimming shorts (you cannot swim in long trousers and MUST be SHIRTLESS)... and the sisters can peek on these brothers from their windows...:-[

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.