/* */

PDA

View Full Version : television

davoudg
05-31-2007, 07:34 PM
is watching television, or having picture really haram?
i mean all muslims have pictures now.
even in saudi arabia they have TV and they take pictures
and theres nothing written about this in the the quran.
this kind of goes back to how reliable are the hadieths.
we know that the hadieth wasnt written by prophet muhammed (p.b.u.h) or any of his close companions. Abu Bakr had to even collect some of them and burn them during his time because they were not true.
is it really true if you have pictures in your house, angles wont visit your house?
how is that possible, there are always two angels following us everywhere we go writting down our deeds.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Kittygyal
05-31-2007, 08:30 PM
Salamualikum.
As i am half asleep i would say it in short words and inshallah someone better can answer as they are awide awake :D

Anywho.

1. Watching Telli is NOT haram ONLy if you watch it in a propper way, but i mean come on you don't wana waste ya time watching Corri etc etc. Watching 50mins of corri with that 50mins you can reacite Qura'an or do somethign better to make your lord happy and to earn good deeds inshallah. Watching news is okay but remember allah subhwnatallah is watching everytime.

2. pictures? depends what kinda pictures. Somone else can elaborate on that one am tired. sowiee forgive me.

3. In saudi don't they have only certain channel's, like islamic ones:? Alla hu alim. Taking pictures in Saudi is NOT allowed i know that for a fact but people still take them. Dunno why!

4. Yes. It's true if you have pictures of your house of animals, or humans then angles will NOT visit in the house. Also bare in mind if you have teddies or dolls in your room which have eyes on angels won't visit either.

Allah subhwnatallah knows best! Forgive me if i haven't actually got to the point you wanted nor helped you that much but am kindish tired.

Ma'assalama

Pk_#2
05-31-2007, 09:27 PM
AsalamuAlaykum WArahmatullahi Wabarakatuh Wa Maghfiratuh,

Abu Hurayrah narrated that the Prophet said, "…the adultery of the eyes is looking (at [that] which is not allowed)…" (Bukhari, Muslim).

Also, on the authority of Jurayr who said, "I asked the Messenger of Allah about accidentally looking at something that is not allowed and he said, ‘Turn your eyes away.'" (Muslim).

In another Hadith on the authority of Abu Sa'eed, the Prophet said, "A man should not look at the Awrah of another man, and the woman should not look at the Awrah of another woman…" (Muslim).

Thus, our Prophet even instructed us to lower our gaze when looking at members of the same gender in some cases.

Allah (SWT) says in the Quran, “Eat of the good things we have provided for your sustenance, but commit no excess therein, lest my wrath should justly descend on you, and those on whom descends my wrath do perish indeed” (20:81). Two hours of TV a day—just four TV shows—are linked to a 23 percent increase in obesity.

Most television programming does not promote modesty (Haya) in men and women. A study shows that an astounding 55-65 percent of content contains sexual content in word or deed, yet only 10 percent of those make any reference to being faithful to one’s life partner.

TV Abuse. TV obsession is no joke. Like substance abuse, TV can cause dependency and addiction. You may find yourself channel surfing when you’re bored, or watching TV for longer than you intended to. Ironically, watching more TV leads to enjoying TV less, yet many are unable to stop watching or even cut down on viewing hours.

WalaykumSalaam Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh Wa Maghfiratuh.

davoudg
05-31-2007, 11:24 PM
thanks for the reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.