/* */

PDA

View Full Version : i hope is not a form of theft

eyeofthestorm
06-01-2007, 12:04 AM
salam,
this happened months back but i still feel uneasy.
i started quran lessons in this sis's house, but she was married and stuff so she was a bit busy nways she lent me a quran with englsh translation but she said to return it cos her husband needed it or somethings nways, she moved ou suddenly (and we werent that close just met her once) so now i have quran have no idea where she is or aint gt her number so...................wt should i do bout de Quran take it to a charity shop ...or wat?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Rafeeq
06-01-2007, 10:19 AM
Assalam u alikum
I think, you should keep it with you and try to find her. Either you find and ask her for the Quraan, wether to keep or not. There is no other way. Charity will not get out of you from the responsibilty to return it. But it is a good deed and Allah loves it. So give some money in charity (equal to the price of the book Quraan).
Allah knows the best.
Masaalama

Malaikah
06-02-2007, 01:32 AM
:sl:

Don't you think it is better to keep it with you in case you meet her again so you can return it? :?

It isn't actually your possession, so wouldn't it be wrong to give it away?

Don't take my word for it though... I just wanted to give you something to think about...

جوري
06-02-2007, 01:34 AM
So long as there is life, there is a chance to meet again.. keep your sister's book until such a time you have a perchance, or you can always try to actively find her
:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
noodles
06-02-2007, 03:27 AM
It was not my intention to respond to this thread as I have no knowledge concerning this matter. However, I was browsing the Bukhari Hadith collection on the USC site and came across this Hadith. It doesn't exactly answer your question, but it may lead you to understanding the situation.

Volume 3, Book 40, Number 560:

Narrated Zaid bin Khalid:

A man came to Allah's Apostle and asked about Al-Luqata (a fallen thing). The Prophet said, "Recognize its container and its tying material and then make a public announcement about it for one year and if its owner shows up, give it to him; otherwise use it as you like." The man said, "What about a lost sheep?" The Prophet said, "It is for you, your brother or the wolf." The man said "What about a lost camel?" The Prophet said, "Why should you take it as it has got its water-container (its stomach) and its hooves and it can reach the places of water and can eat the trees till its owner finds it?"

Once again :blind: I know it doesn't answer your question much, but I thought it may help.:X

eyeofthestorm
06-04-2007, 10:47 PM
jzk ppl, bout doubt i'll see her again i didnt even know her that well, hmmm

noodles
06-04-2007, 10:53 PM
Well if she lived in a house, maybe the present occupiers would have had some sort of contact with her and so you can perhaps go ask them for her number, of if that is not possible then maybe ask them to pass on a message of they ever meet her.

For the lost item, like the Hadith that I mentioned, keep it for a year and if she is not found then it is yours.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.