/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Cell Power To 'rebuild'

- Qatada -
06-01-2007, 03:23 PM
:salamext:

CELL POWER TO 'REBUILD'

01/06/2007

STEM cells found in bodybuilders' bulging muscles could be used to treat wasting diseases and fight the infirmity of old age, researchers believe.

The cells play a role in helping muscles grow.
When injected into mice, they turned into cells that "regenerate" muscles to keep them strong.

Dr Michael Rudnicki, of Ottawa, Canada, said they could treat devastating wasting diseases such as muscular dystrophy or keep old people strong.

Mirror.co.uk

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- Qatada -
06-01-2007, 03:24 PM

Alhamdulillah that's good news :)

Kittygyal
06-01-2007, 03:28 PM
Salamualikum.
Nephew needs to know that :X

Mashallah congrats.

Ma'assalama

Muslim Knight
06-01-2007, 03:32 PM
Does this mean I can gain weight faster?

I'm scrawny and eggs do nothing for me but to increase the amount of wind I'm letting out.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Kittygyal
06-01-2007, 03:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Knight

I'm scrawny and eggs do nothing for me but to increase the amount of wind I'm letting out.
Salamualikum.

;D ;D :X

inshallah do dua'ah you get FAT. :skeleton:

Ma'assalama

- Qatada -
06-01-2007, 03:38 PM

It can in a sense, but i think it's going to be used for medical purposes instead of 'normal use.' And Allaah knows best.

The main thing it does is 'rebuild' muscles which might have been dying out, due to disabilities such as muscular dystrophy (where the muscles die out gradually, usually in the limbs) or even old age. It's not really an alternative for putting on weight lol, even though muscles are more heavier than fat. And Allaah knows best.

I'm no scientist or nothin.. so you might have to ask all the people who study medicine insha Allaah. But what's been done previously is that they did an experiment on mice/rats, they injected them with the muscular dystrophy so their muscles die out - then they cured them with this and the muscles grew and became strong once again. Which is Alhamdulillah a really good thing.

Muslim Knight
06-01-2007, 03:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kittygyal
Salamualikum.

;D ;D :X

inshallah do dua'ah you get FAT. :skeleton:

Ma'assalama
I dont wanna get FAT, just macho enough like Salahuddin Al-Ayyubi and like my namesake.

Kittygyal
06-01-2007, 03:42 PM
I dont wanna get FAT, just macho enough like Salahuddin Al-Ayyubi and like my namesake.
Salamualikum.
In other words blud just do dua'ah you become healthy how ya want init. Atleast your living, eating, toilet, sleeping :thumbs_up say ALHMDULILLAH!!!
Ma'assalama

asadxyz
06-12-2007, 06:10 AM
:sl:
What is the opinion of islamic scholars on this stem cell treatment ??:? :? :?

3ARABY_2005
06-12-2007, 07:38 AM
nice thread

JAZAKUMULLAH KHAIR

ranma1/2
06-12-2007, 09:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah

CELL POWER TO 'REBUILD'

01/06/2007

STEM cells found in bodybuilders' bulging muscles could be used to treat wasting diseases and fight the infirmity of old age, researchers believe.

When injected into mice, they turned into cells that "regenerate" muscles to keep them strong.

Dr Michael Rudnicki, of Ottawa, Canada, said they could treat devastating wasting diseases such as muscular dystrophy or keep old people strong.

Mirror.co.uk

Ill have to find the source, but as i recall they are even using cells from the nose to heal spinal injury.

strider
06-12-2007, 10:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by asadxyz
What is the opinion of islamic scholars on this stem cell treatment ??:? :? :?
Interesting Read

Muezzin
06-12-2007, 04:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah

CELL POWER TO 'REBUILD'

01/06/2007

Mirror.co.uk
Finally, a useful application for Arnold Schwarzenegger.

asadxyz
06-13-2007, 01:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by strider
Thanks a lot .That is a worth reading article and makes sense.
That is very reasonable approach.We need scholars like him who can speak scientifically and logically.
Best of luck

H4RUN
06-13-2007, 10:02 PM

Alhumdulilah seems like something could be taking a turn for the better:) So this means stem cells in those that participate in body building are useful and not of those who dont for this issue?

Although if the body builders could re build their tissues quicker they'll be extra big in less time lol Muezzin tell Arnie he should have cut down on them injections!

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.