/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Question about Jinn ??? ASAP Please

AnonymousPoster
06-01-2007, 06:01 PM
:sl:

Recently a brother told me while he was sleeping he felt someone pushing him down. He told me that it felt like very strong wind or force pushing him down agains't his bed. He did not see anyone he woke up and after telling himself it was nothing just a bad dream agian something started to force him to the bed. Is it jinn thats doing this or not? What should he do to avoid this kind of attack? Does this attack mean anything?

Jazak'Allah!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Sunnih
06-01-2007, 09:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Anonymous Tester

Recently a brother told me while he was sleeping he felt someone pushing him down. He told me that it felt like very strong wind or force pushing him down agains't his bed. He did not see anyone he woke up and after telling himself it was nothing just a bad dream agian something started to force him to the bed. Is it jinn thats doing this or not? What should he do to avoid this kind of attack? Does this attack mean anything?

Jazak'Allah!
If it happened while awake as well, yes it could be jinn. It usually happens to most new muslims but even to those who have been in islam for a long time. It does not mean anything. To avoid such, he/she should become more concentrated in islam and perform a lot of duas reported authentically in the sunnah, give up lies and sins. Start learning more about the religion and about the Names and Attributes of Allah in particular. Start understanding tawheed properly and by doing this all that will vanish inshallah. I recomend him/her to read the works of Sheikh ul-Islam Muhammed ibn Abdul-Wahab and their explanations and in particular "kitab et-tawheed" and "three fundamentals" and their explanations and al-hamdulilah they are available in english.

- Qatada -
06-01-2007, 10:30 PM
:wasalamex

inshaa Allaah these will help.

http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?cref=228&ln=eng

http://www.islamonline.net/English/I...nn/Index.shtml

:salamext:

Sinbad
06-01-2007, 10:57 PM
there is no such thing as a jinn. If you wake up and havent slept enough your muscles might still be inactive, you wil feel pushed down and unable to move. It will pass, it helps by trying to move.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AnonymousPoster
06-02-2007, 12:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sinbad
there is no such thing as a jinn. If you wake up and havent slept enough your muscles might still be inactive, you wil feel pushed down and unable to move. It will pass, it helps by trying to move.
Do you have any evidence to back yourself?

Sunnih
06-02-2007, 12:20 AM
And can you explain to us how you have arrived at such knowledge? I mean that there is no such thing as jinn?

Nabooly
06-02-2007, 03:43 AM
Mathkoora bil Quran.......:rollseyes

Muezzin
06-02-2007, 05:59 PM

Jazak'Allah!
Sound like night terrors to me.

adeel
06-03-2007, 08:09 PM
of course there are jinns, in the qur'an it is mentioned that Allah made Jinns, some humans actually got contact with Jinns such as the prophets.
Also every human on earth has a companion besides them but you cannot see him/her thats because its a Jinn, well thats what i read on a website.
And by the way I'm not really sure about the movement on the persons bed, well it could be true that the muscles were still inactive, well I'm not much of a scientist,
so im not really sure can be a jinn?

Kittygyal
06-03-2007, 08:11 PM
Salamualikum.
Maybe it is JINN. Jinn are everywhere thesedays.
Maybe maybe it's his body like that.

ALLAH HU ALIM

MAKE DUA'AH PLEASE!!!
ma'assalama

ranma1/2
06-03-2007, 11:47 PM

Jazak'Allah!
This sounds like a standard case of sleep paralysis
It is pretty much a safety mechanism in humans that prevents us from acting out our dreams. The apperition varies from culture to culture. Here in Japan they call it "bound in bed" or rather "bound in metal" and typically the ghost is that of a female with a lantern looking at them.
In the usa its often aliens. New agers often see it as a out of body experience. In the past it was demons etc....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

ranma1/2
06-03-2007, 11:51 PM
Do you have any evidence to back yourself?
Im sure if you provide evidence that there is no pink invisible unicorn behind you he will provide evidence there is no Jinn. But i think normally evidence needs to be provided for a positive claim.

Muezzin
06-04-2007, 10:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ranma1/2
It is pretty much a safety mechanism in humans that prevents us from acting out our dreams. The apperition varies from culture to culture. Here in Japan they call it "bound in bed" or rather "bound in metal" and typically the ghost is that of a female with a lantern looking at them.
In the usa its often aliens. New agers often see it as a out of body experience. In the past it was demons etc....

Sleep paralysis. That's the one. I always get that and night terrors confused.

ranma1/2
06-04-2007, 01:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
Sleep paralysis. That's the one. I always get that and night terrors confused.
I myself had a weird experience once. Actually for several weeks in arow.
I would wakeup and sense a presence in the room. And I would see this pink or purpleish cloud come from above and hover over me. I however wasnt paralyzed and most likely still in a somewhat dream state. What was raly interesting is i felt no fear from this entitiy but almost a curioustiy from it. I also remember reching out and putting my hand through it and feeling my hand go through something. This entitity visited me a couple more times and I remember wakeing up and saying "oh you again, ah i want to sleep leave me alone" It was a very weird experience and most likely explained as a trick of the mind.

rania2820
06-04-2007, 07:22 PM

i was thinking the same thing.i dont think it's a jinn. sometime when i wake i can't move or anything but then it passes in about 1 or 2 minutes.it started since i was a little girl.it's perfectly normal so i wouldn't worry about it

AnonymousPoster
06-04-2007, 09:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by rania2820
i was thinking the same thing.i dont think it's a jinn. sometime when i wake i can't move or anything but then it passes in about 1 or 2 minutes.it started since i was a little girl.it's perfectly normal so i wouldn't worry about it

He said he was able to move but felt like a strong force almost as strong wind pushing him down...

AnonymousPoster
06-04-2007, 09:39 PM
Im sure if you provide evidence that there is no pink invisible unicorn behind you he will provide evidence there is no Jinn. But i think normally evidence needs to be provided for a positive claim.
I was asking for evidence on your claim that it could be the muscles. I was not asking you to prove if jinns exist i know they do. Because Quran is the truth and Allah S.W.T. said there is jinns

AnonymousPoster
06-04-2007, 09:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
Sound like night terrors to me.
This happened to him at 8:00am morning

BanGuLLy
06-04-2007, 09:47 PM
I Just Posted A Topic In General Chat Go Check It Out...

BanGuLLy
06-04-2007, 09:49 PM
It is either a JINN or SLEEPING PARALYSIS..
I have this same problem.. thank god.. its not only me..
I just posted a topic called ...Jinn or Sleeping Paralysis.. 10 minutes ago..
and then I saw this thread lol..

Confucius
06-04-2007, 09:55 PM

Jazak'Allah!
salamunalaikum,

i just wanna mention the above description is a v.common and yup it is by a jinn, i think. anyway it always happens to me, its nothing just ignore it, and its nothing to be scared of..one of the laws of nature, so to say.

i can just advice that the person just recite some surah's, mainly ayatul kursi, four Quls, yaseen, or call upon Allah for help if he is scared...but what tends to happpen then is the attack gets v. violent lol, the jinn kinda er..flips and tries to push u down more etc ... its a tedious process...oh and same happens when u swear at it..lol...i used to do that when i was younger...dont try it. but v.common...so tell ur friend not to be scared...

my experience of jinn attacks have been little and less serious/scary compared to my elder sis, but i can say sumtimes they play rly scary mind games with you, and somtimes they bug you ALL night. EVEN when you say lots of Duas...

when i first started practising it was v.common, more or less EVERY night after i prayed fajr it would bugg me. the type where it pushes you down/plays mind games/ makes buzzing noises in your ear...basically just tries to stop you from sleeping! now its not as common. alhamdulilah.

and those who dont believe in jinns, let them not believe....

Allah knows best

Kittygyal
06-04-2007, 09:57 PM
Salamualikum.
OM!!! another JIN thread ya allah!

HELP US AND SAVE US ALL!!
ma'assalama

Confucius
06-04-2007, 09:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kittygyal
Salamualikum.

ma'assalama
LOL...masha'allah sister...you said it.

lilah
06-04-2007, 09:58 PM

Jazak'Allah!
i have had similar experiences and have researched the phenomenon. This is basically a sleeping disorder called sleep paralysis. Before people start teasing me, i want to say that i've never done drugs or anything similar and i am totally 'sane in the membrane'. Having said that, my 'episodes' if you want to call them that are accompanied by audio and visual hallucinations....ie: i usually think i'm awake, or i think i'm walking around, can hear people talking to me....but it's all in my head. Sometimes I feel like i'm 'floating' or 'flying'. I try to wake up, but I can't. They occur for me during naps, or early in the morning when i have to wake up. I notice they happen most in the summertime. But i get less and less 'episodes' as i get older.

At one point, the 'episodes' used to scare me...i'd hear whispering and stuff, but i'd remember to say 'subhana la be hamdihe' or 'astaghfirallah' and it would help with my fears.

it's funny becaue this happens to alot of people...and that's where you get all the alien abduction stories and stuff....

BanGuLLy
06-04-2007, 11:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by lilah
i have had similar experiences and have researched the phenomenon. This is basically a sleeping disorder called sleep paralysis. Before people start teasing me, i want to say that i've never done drugs or anything similar and i am totally 'sane in the membrane'. Having said that, my 'episodes' if you want to call them that are accompanied by audio and visual hallucinations....ie: i usually think i'm awake, or i think i'm walking around, can hear people talking to me....but it's all in my head. Sometimes I feel like i'm 'floating' or 'flying'. I try to wake up, but I can't. They occur for me during naps, or early in the morning when i have to wake up. I notice they happen most in the summertime. But i get less and less 'episodes' as i get older.

At one point, the 'episodes' used to scare me...i'd hear whispering and stuff, but i'd remember to say 'subhana la be hamdihe' or 'astaghfirallah' and it would help with my fears.

it's funny becaue this happens to alot of people...and that's where you get all the alien abduction stories and stuff....
Ye this happened to me to but it happened to me more often in Winter time :exhausted

BanGuLLy
06-04-2007, 11:12 PM
YEE... you usually think its something that you fear...
I noticed all these white guys say Aliens lol... For me I thought it was Jinns...
I think its the fear inside of you that makes you visualize the fear...
:raging: I shouldnt fear any1 but Allah:-[

lilah
06-05-2007, 03:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Bangsta
I noticed all these white guys say Aliens lol... For me I thought it was Jinns...
i've never been afraid of these experiences and actually think they are cool when they happen. sometimes, if i remember to, i try to use the experience as an act of worship by making dhikr allah....

i've always figured the experiences as a 'halal trip' :D

BanGuLLy
06-05-2007, 04:01 AM
i've never been afraid of these experiences and actually think they are cool when they happen. sometimes, if i remember to, i try to use the experience as an act of worship by making dhikr allah....

i've always figured the experiences as a 'halal trip' :D
lol.. Do you have bad dreams right b4 the sleeping paralysis kicks in?

lilah
06-05-2007, 06:49 AM
lol.. Do you have bad dreams right b4 the sleeping paralysis kicks in?

no, i don't have bad dreams b4 it kicks in....it just happens. it used to get really irratating when i was living at home & going to school....the alarm would go off, and i'd push snooze....then i'd think that I got up, made my bed, brushed my teeth and got dressed......but come to realize that i was still sleeping in bed! My parents used to think i was just lazy and wanted to sleep in, but i really thought i was up and awake!

i also have had experience 'waking up' in my dreams...ie lucid dreaming, that doesn't happen as much as it used to though. One time i was having a bad dream that i was being chased by this monster in my house....then i realized i was dreaming, and i realized that i could make the dream go away.....instead, i made a giant ax appear in my hands, and i started chasing the monster.... i woke up in a very good mood :D .

the lucid dreams/sleep paralysis don't happen as much as when i was younger (mid teens to mid 20s)...but they still happen. I don't see them as anything negative, I think they're fun sometimes.

north_malaysian
06-05-2007, 07:23 AM

Recently a brother told me while he was sleeping he felt someone pushing him down. He told me that it felt like very strong wind or force pushing him down agains't his bed. He did not see anyone he woke up
He's considered so lucky as I've seen the red eyes thru my blanket when that jinn pushing me when I was in the boarding school. Scary! :omg:

lilah
06-05-2007, 08:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
He's considered so lucky as I've seen the red eyes thru my blanket when that jinn pushing me when I was in the boarding school. Scary! :omg:
the jinn cannot hurt you physically unless you do something stupid like dabble in the occult. And even then, the jinn can only harm you if Allah (SWT) wills it, so we should ask Allah (SWT) for protection.....and there are angels around us protecting us at the same time. The only real power the jinn/shayateen have over you is the power of suggestion (ie waswasee) that is why Allah (SWT) gave us ayat ill nass (al hamdulillah).

north_malaysian
06-05-2007, 08:20 AM
the jinn cannot hurt you physically unless you do something stupid like dabble in the occult. And even then, the jinn can only harm you if Allah (SWT) wills it, so we should ask Allah (SWT) for protection.....and there are angels around us protecting us at the same time. The only real power the jinn/shayateen have over you is the power of suggestion (ie waswasee) that is why Allah (SWT) gave us ayat ill nass (al hamdulillah).
Actually the jinn pushed me for about 5 minutes... it was slowly releasing me when I recited Ayatul Kursi alot. (that's the only verse I could remember that time... I was so panic:enough!: )

ranma1/2
06-05-2007, 12:18 PM

He said he was able to move but felt like a strong force almost as strong wind pushing him down...
It appeared you were asking about evidenec that jinn dont exists. Seeing as I hadnt entered this conversation before you posted it seems you are changing your story or i misunderstood what you were asking.

The story itself is second hand so the details are more pecular.
I could easily see that once he sat up he may have felt dizzy and fell back down to bed. Or some similar cause.

ranma1/2
06-05-2007, 12:20 PM
Like i said, what people see tends to be culture related.

lilah
06-05-2007, 05:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
Actually the jinn pushed me for about 5 minutes... it was slowly releasing me when I recited Ayatul Kursi alot. (that's the only verse I could remember that time... I was so panic:enough!: )
I've heard real jinn stories...they don't push you down, or mess with you when you're sleep, most of the time, they mess with humans on a psychological level....If the jinn were able to hurt you, you'd know it....and have lasting effects...you'd never be the same psychologically....but Allah (swt) knows best.

What you experienced was more than likely sleep paralysis, nothing more.

lilah
06-05-2007, 05:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kittygyal
Salamualikum.

ma'assalama
some people are curious about the jinn....like UFO's, The Dinosaurs, Loc Ness Monster, etc....

AnonymousPoster
06-06-2007, 02:52 AM
I had a question about dreams in general. I have recurring nightmares about the end of the world, wars, and my family getting hurt. Sometimes, I see some of my family members die before my own eyes. Is this some kind of jinn that has come over me or something else entirely?

BanGuLLy
06-06-2007, 03:04 AM
no, i don't have bad dreams b4 it kicks in....it just happens. it used to get really irratating when i was living at home & going to school....the alarm would go off, and i'd push snooze....then i'd think that I got up, made my bed, brushed my teeth and got dressed......but come to realize that i was still sleeping in bed! My parents used to think i was just lazy and wanted to sleep in, but i really thought i was up and awake!

i also have had experience 'waking up' in my dreams...ie lucid dreaming, that doesn't happen as much as it used to though. One time i was having a bad dream that i was being chased by this monster in my house....then i realized i was dreaming, and i realized that i could make the dream go away.....instead, i made a giant ax appear in my hands, and i started chasing the monster.... i woke up in a very good mood :D .

the lucid dreams/sleep paralysis don't happen as much as when i was younger (mid teens to mid 20s)...but they still happen. I don't see them as anything negative, I think they're fun sometimes.
I had the same experience where I thought I was awake..and I ran to tell my mom the sleepin paralysis happened again.. but it was all a dream.. Lol at the monster story :giggling:

lilah
06-06-2007, 08:38 AM
I had a question about dreams in general. I have recurring nightmares about the end of the world, wars, and my family getting hurt. Sometimes, I see some of my family members die before my own eyes. Is this some kind of jinn that has come over me or something else entirely?
it could be stress, your mind working on a problem, or your stomach working on a heavy meal :D

do you have a history of dreams that come true?

saidah_ahmed
06-11-2007, 10:26 PM
the jinn cannot hurt you physically unless you do something stupid like dabble in the occult.
what do you mean when they hurt you physically. you mean when you cut yourself or when you fall down the stairs or slip or hit your head on the wall, do you think that's jinn that's doing that? if so what do you think Allah is trying to tell us?

S£mmi
06-12-2007, 12:05 PM
Theres good Jinn's as well though..

jzcasejz
06-12-2007, 12:08 PM
To the original poster...read this thread: http://www.islamicboard.com/cyber-co...351-scary.html

^ It explains it all.

nelly
06-13-2007, 11:14 AM

Jazak'Allah!
the same thing happened to me, im sure it was a jinn because it felt so real and it s never happend to me before

carpetguy
06-13-2007, 11:23 AM
the very same thing used to happen to my younger brother, something also used to hold him down and try to strangle him, but it has stopped now, put surah yasin or another quranic verse in your room/house, read namaz and keep faith in allah, then nothing can touch you inshallah

Gangster No.1
06-13-2007, 11:35 AM
May allah protect us all.

carpetguy
06-13-2007, 11:45 AM
may allah strengthen our faith in him, help us act according to the quran and sunnah, keep our parents happy and healthy, give all muslims long lives to do good deeds

ameen

sem
06-16-2007, 01:36 PM
you know when people go toa hafiz/alimto check whether someone got a jinn,why do they measure the size of the dress.?????????????????

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.