/* */

PDA

View Full Version : rats and mices

nutty
06-02-2007, 01:45 PM
Assalamun alaikum

This may sound like a weird questions but does anyone know whether we can kill mice and rats, in the winter we get couple of rats in our garden and mice in the house and i want to try this home-made method to kills the rats in the garden. I know we are not meant to kill animals but these are nusiance and dangerous and can spread diesases.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- Qatada -
06-02-2007, 01:48 PM
:salamext:

Al-Qaasim ibn Muhammad said: I heard ‘Aa’ishah, the wife of the Prophet :saw: say: I heard the Messenger of Allaah say: “There are four things which are faasiq (corrupt) and may be killed at all times, whether one is in a state of ihraam [for Hajj and ‘Umrah] or not: kites*, crows, mice/rats and mad dogs.” Narrated by Muslim, 1198.

*A Kite is a hawk from the Accipitridae family. They are well known for their long, pointed wings and feeding on insects and small animals.

Mice and rats are harmful creatures, as the Prophet :saw: explained: Ibn ‘Abbaas said: a mouse (or rat) came and started dragging the wick (of the lamp). It threw it in front of the Messenger of Allaah, onto the mat on which he was sitting, and it burnt a hole the size of a dirham. He said, “When you go to sleep, extinguish your lamps, for the Shaytaan will tell creatures like this to do something like this so that you will be burned.” Narrated by Abu Dawood, 5427.

The mice or rats that may live in people’s houses are among the harmful creatures or vermin (fuwaysiqah) which the Prophet :saw: commanded us to kill in all situations, whether we are in ihraam or not. The root of the word fuwaysiqah (fasaqa) means to deviate from the right way and to do harm; hence a sinner is described as “faasiq”, and these animals are called fawaasiq, as a metaphor for their evil nature; or it was said that it is because it is not haraam to kill them, whether one is in ihraam or not, for they have no sanctity or protection in any circumstances. Al-Tahaawi narrated in Ahkaam al-Qur’aan with his isnaad from Yazeed ibn Abu Nu’aym that he [Yazeed] asked Abu Sa’eed al-Khudri why mice/rats were called fuwaysiqah. He said: the Prophet woke up one night and saw that a mouse/rat had taken the wick of the lamp to burn down the house of the Messenger of Allaah so he got up and killed it, and said that it was permissible to kill them whether one is in ihraam or not. This was mentioned by al-‘Allaamah al-Dumayri.

Al-Bukhaari narrated that Jaabir ibn ‘Abd-Allaah said: the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Cover the vessels, for the mouse/rat may drag out the wick (of the lamp) and burn the occupants of the house.” Something similar was narrated by Muslim, in which he says: “For the fuwaysiqah may start a fire and burn the house and its occupants.”

Source:

IslamQA

- Qatada -
06-02-2007, 01:48 PM
Blazing mouse sets fire to house
Source: BBC

A man threw a mouse he had found in his home onto a pile of burning leaves - only to see it run away and burn his house down.

Luciano Mares, 81, of Fort Sumner, New Mexico, found a mouse in his home and wanted to get rid of it. "I had some leaves burning outside, so I threw it in the fire, and the mouse was on fire and ran back at the house," he said.

Though no one was injured, the house and everything in it was destroyed. "I've seen numerous house fires, but nothing as unique as this one," Fire Department Captain Jim Lyssy said. New Mexico has seen several major blazes after unseasonably dry and windy conditions which have destroyed 10 homes and devastated more than 53,000 acres (21,200 hectares) of land.

Panther
06-02-2007, 01:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah
Blazing mouse sets fire to house
Source: BBC

A man threw a mouse he had found in his home onto a pile of burning leaves - only to see it run away and burn his house down.

Luciano Mares, 81, of Fort Sumner, New Mexico, found a mouse in his home and wanted to get rid of it. "I had some leaves burning outside, so I threw it in the fire, and the mouse was on fire and ran back at the house," he said.

Though no one was injured, the house and everything in it was destroyed. "I've seen numerous house fires, but nothing as unique as this one," Fire Department Captain Jim Lyssy said. New Mexico has seen several major blazes after unseasonably dry and windy conditions which have destroyed 10 homes and devastated more than 53,000 acres (21,200 hectares) of land.
LOL.
Good on the mouse.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
nutty
06-02-2007, 02:03 PM
jazak-allah for the quick relpy, that a relief i've been wanting to do something to get rid of them but i thought it was haram to kill them, glad to know it not

Tania
06-02-2007, 02:19 PM
The cats are catching the mouses. Why you don't take two cats and your problem would be solve naturally :?

Kittygyal
06-02-2007, 02:25 PM
Salamualikum.
^ True sister indeed.
Why don't people just leave mice and rats alone they will disappear once they be eaten by a cat. If there is no mice then cat will have no legiable food to eat and it will be a piety. If your realy concern about mice and rats entering in your yard then i sugest you to get a cat and keep it in your yard. If no cat then call the service which will gave you medicine for rats and mice which they will actually come and put them in for you in your yard without any hesitation. But the next time when you want to get more medicine of them you will have to pay for it.

I have sepcial medicine for slugs not mice nor rats but slugs why? because they eat my plants and am plants addicted lol.
So yeah don't worry about rats and mice take it easy they go away there self just keep food reach out from them also out Brillo in little wholes you have in ya yard inshallah.

We shouldn't actually kill them just let them flow but if your like very scared and what not then ya just call the landline for more information to get rid of them inshallah.
Ma'assalama

Tania
06-02-2007, 02:28 PM
Cat and mouse:

Kittygyal
06-02-2007, 02:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tania
Cat and mouse:

Greetings.
Aww they look ever so cute :statisfie
*time for the mouse to be eaten yum yum*
Take care

Blockstar
02-15-2023, 07:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by - Qatada -
:salamext:

Al-Qaasim ibn Muhammad said: I heard ‘Aa’ishah, the wife of the Prophet :saw: say: I heard the Messenger of Allaah say: “There are four things which are faasiq (corrupt) and may be killed at all times, whether one is in a state of ihraam [for Hajj and ‘Umrah] or not: kites*, crows, mice/rats and mad dogs.” Narrated by Muslim, 1198.

*A Kite is a hawk from the Accipitridae family. They are well known for their long, pointed wings and feeding on insects and small animals.

Mice and rats are harmful creatures, as the Prophet :saw: explained: Ibn ‘Abbaas said: a mouse (or rat) came and started dragging the wick (of the lamp). It threw it in front of the Messenger of Allaah, onto the mat on which he was sitting, and it burnt a hole the size of a dirham. He said, “When you go to sleep, extinguish your lamps, for the Shaytaan will tell creatures like this to do something like this so that you will be burned.” Narrated by Abu Dawood, 5427.

The mice or rats that may live in people’s houses are among the harmful creatures or vermin (fuwaysiqah) which the Prophet :saw: commanded us to kill in all situations, whether we are in ihraam or not. The root of the word fuwaysiqah (fasaqa) means to deviate from the right way and to do harm; hence a sinner is described as “faasiq”, and these animals are called fawaasiq, as a metaphor for their evil nature; or it was said that it is because it is not haraam to kill them, whether one is in ihraam or not, for they have no sanctity or protection in any circumstances. Al-Tahaawi narrated in Ahkaam al-Qur’aan with his isnaad from Yazeed ibn Abu Nu’aym that he [Yazeed] asked Abu Sa’eed al-Khudri why mice/rats were called fuwaysiqah. He said: the Prophet woke up one night and saw that a mouse/rat had taken the wick of the lamp to burn down the house of the Messenger of Allaah so he got up and killed it, and said that it was permissible to kill them whether one is in ihraam or not. This was mentioned by al-‘Allaamah al-Dumayri.

Al-Bukhaari narrated that Jaabir ibn ‘Abd-Allaah said: the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Cover the vessels, for the mouse/rat may drag out the wick (of the lamp) and burn the occupants of the house.” Something similar was narrated by Muslim, in which he says: “For the fuwaysiqah may start a fire and burn the house and its occupants.”

Source:

IslamQA
asalamualikum alim I have a cat who kills mouse and does not eat it. She presents it to me like a trophy lol What is the appropriate thing to do with the remains? My reasoning says that the best thing to do is to burry it. I am not sure but I herd something about prophet Muhammad peace and blessings be upon him advising that you should make some use of a dead animals that was not halal to consume perhaps make leather from its hide or something of the sorts. Please advise me on what will be most pleasing to allah. I did not want to just throw it into a garbage bin to be sealed and tossed in a landfill and I wanted to give the poor creature some dignity by burrying it and it could make a good meal for something to dig up. But If these mice are the agents of shaytan do they even deserve that?

Abz2000
02-17-2023, 02:55 AM
Put it in the ground fast - they increase the frequency of diseases.

Edit:
Or you could marinate it, batter, egg breadcrumb, sodium mono-glutamate, put it on your favourite fridge shelf to tighten and stiffen, then shallow/deep/pressure fry it in YOUR favourite wok, put it between two slices of bread (or cut up a round hot cross bun), butter it with some jelly from a whiskas can, sandwich it up, - then present it to your cat like a trophy rat-burger.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.