/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Jews,muslims and christians "hug" Jerusalem.

Amadeus85
06-02-2007, 07:27 PM
Circle of life
By BORIS GORSHKOV

Satellite?blobcolurlimage&ampblobheaderimage2Fjpeg&ampblobheadername1Cache Control&ampblobheadervalue1max age3D300&ampblobkeyid&ampblobtableJPImage&ampblobwhere1180527974562&ampcachecontrolnever&ampssbinarytrue -

Local Jews and Arabs from all walks of life, as well as people from around the world, gathered last week to "hug" Jerusalem's Old City. Carefully coordinated groups, situated at the Damascus Gate, the Yad Avshalom site in the Kidron Valley, the Dung Gate and the Hutzot Hayotzer lawn across from Jaffa Gate, began to encircle the Old City at 4 p.m.

Lacking in number and finding themselves unable to surround the entire Old City, participants ended up gathering at the Damascus Gate. An Israeli Arab and a Jewish organizer, sharing a microphone, directed the crowd to form a line. Holding hands and singing songs about peace in Arabic, Hebrew and English, the participants soon stretched a quarter kilometer along the Old City walls.

"This is generating positive energy," said Muhammad, a resident of east Jerusalem. "There are many Muslims here."

Avshalom, a resident of Tel Aviv, was second to last in line. Holding hands, he invited bystanders to join in the group hug. Avshalom, whose name coincidentally means father of peace, shared what hugging Jerusalem meant to him: "Because Jerusalem is the center of the world, violence here spreads around the world. We gather here to make a difference. A change here will, like a ripple effect, create change in places affected by the violence here. Ideology can separate us and fear comes from the mind. When we hug today we feel with the heart, not the mind, and feeling with the heart gives peace a chance. When we love and hug Jerusalem, we create a possibility for something beautiful."

Surrounded by an entourage of reporters and cameramen, the line grew in size as bystanders joined in holding hands. Facing the Damascus Gate directly, participants occupied the adjacent steps, forming a half circle. Elderly Arab women and community activists, joined by a Jewish coordinator, addressed the crowd in Arabic and Hebrew. Speaking about Muslims, Jews and Christians living side by side in harmony, they generated applause from the diverse audience, which included on-looking Arab youth. The procession was accompanied by a group of musicians who brought the event to a close with song and dance.

"We expected a few thousand people; we reached out by email, flyers, and by word-of-mouth," said Ma'oz, one of the organizers.

"The Big Hug" was orchestrated by The Lovers of Jerusalem, an NGO whose volunteer members define their mission as "unified by a commitment to make the world a more loving and respectful place, starting here in Jerusalem."

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satelli...cle%2FShowFull

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Amadeus85
06-02-2007, 07:52 PM
Great initiative, isnt it?

Dawud_uk
06-02-2007, 07:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aaron85
Great initiative, isnt it?
no,

you dont hug the person who stole from you, you might be feeling nice and hug that persons grand children but only once they give you back what their family stole.

kind thoughts dont solve this problem, words will not solve this problem. only one thing will solve this problem and that is when WAHAN is removed from the hearts of the muslims, then this problem will be resolved.

Abu Abdullah

Amadeus85
06-02-2007, 08:16 PM
Its better that they hug each other than shot to each other.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Lina
06-02-2007, 08:43 PM
Oh.

Ok, how is this helping?

Amadeus85
06-02-2007, 09:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lina
Oh.

Ok, how is this helping?

I dont know, but it is a sign of humanity in this tragic conflict.

AzizMostafa
06-02-2007, 09:28 PM
> The procession was accompanied by a group of musicians who brought the event to a close with song and dance.

Alhamdulillah: Jews,muslims and christians Ladies+Gentlemen Dancing + Singing — hand in hand + shoulder to shoulder — around the Remote Mosque in the way of Allaah (Fi_Sabilillah) Travelling to the aakhirah..

Congratulations IssssssssslaaaaaaaaaaaaamicBoooooooooooard.

Dawud_uk
06-02-2007, 09:40 PM
Its better that they hug each other than shot to each other.
the palestine situation can only end one way, either the destruction of israel as a state (not necessarily a people) or the destruction of islam, i know where my money is on that one.

that is because the two concepts are mutually exclusive... both cannot be right.

- on one hand you have the jews saying it is theirs by right,

- the muslims say they are ordered by non other than the prophet of almighty God not to give up even one handspan of muslim land.

so really you have the few million of israel - v - islam.

islam will destroy israel, it is a matter of time until we get our own house in order then the palestine situation will finally be resolved once and for all.

this is why i dont really blame the jews or their western allies for trying to corrupt and destroy islam, it is in their interests. quite frankly your governments and leaders would be doing a bad job if they didnt try to subvert islam and make it like their own faiths and way of life.

Abu Abdullah

England
06-02-2007, 10:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dawud_uk
the palestine situation can only end one way, either the destruction of israel as a state (not necessarily a people) or the destruction of islam, i know where my money is on that one.

that is because the two concepts are mutually exclusive... both cannot be right.

- the muslims say they are ordered by non other than the prophet of almighty God not to give up even one handspan of muslim land.

islam will destroy israel, it is a matter of time until we get our own house in order then the palestine situation will finally be resolved once and for all.

this is why i dont really blame the jews or their western allies for trying to corrupt and destroy islam, it is in their interests. quite frankly your governments and leaders would be doing a bad job if they didnt try to subvert islam and make it like their own faiths and way of life.

Abu Abdullah
It won't be a "few million Israelis." Israelis have allies throughout the world. Israel is Britain's ally and as you all know, so is the US. I'm sure that if Israel needed help, help would be on their way.

Amadeus85
06-02-2007, 10:19 PM
the palestine situation can only end one way, either the destruction of israel as a state (not necessarily a people) or the destruction of islam.
You are living a daydream.But its ok, i wont wake you up.

I wonder what do you think about Al Andaluz (Andaluzya) ? Will you also fight for this land that once belonged to muslims and now is in kaffirs' hands?

Dawud_uk
06-02-2007, 10:58 PM
You are living a daydream.But its ok, i wont wake you up.

I wonder what do you think about Al Andaluz (Andaluzya) ? Will you also fight for this land that once belonged to muslims and now is in kaffirs' hands?
in principle no muslim land can be given back, but long term truces and arrangements can be made.

and you can think i am daydreaming, that is ok. one of us certainly us but i doubt you would deny there is a world wide awakening of islamic thought in the muslim lands and even if the west with thousands upon thousands of people reverting to islam every year.

now all those muslims have woken up, i know the problems do not lay in the hearts of israelis though but in the hearts of muslims and once those hearts are cleans more then Allah swt will give us the means towards victory,

as it is now that victory looks impossible because who would think those lazy and corrupt so-and-so's in the muslim land could win a war? well that is changing, the more you fight us the more we wake up, the more of us that wake up the more there are to shake the other muslims and wake other muslims up.

this is why the neo-cons and jews and other enemies of islam wish to end the islamic revival because is threatens them and their interests totally.

Abu Abdullah

snakelegs
06-02-2007, 11:06 PM

only one thing will solve this problem and that is when WAHAN is removed from the hearts of the muslims, then this problem will be resolved.

Abu Abdullah
what is WAHAN?

Lina
06-02-2007, 11:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
what is WAHAN?

The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said: "Nations are about to scheme against you in the same way as greedy eaters vie with one another on the dining-table.' One of the companions (may Allah be pleased with them all) asked: 'O Messenger of Allah! Will that relate to being few in numbers?' The Prophet said: 'No, but your huge number will be of little effectiveness, and (Allah) will cast Al-Wahan in your hearts.' They said: O Messenger of Allah, what does Al-Wahan mean? He said, 'Your hearts are strongly attached to life luxuries and you feel strong aversion to death." (Reported by Ahmad and Abu-Dawud)

Dawud_uk
06-02-2007, 11:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
what is WAHAN?
fear of death and love of worldly wife,

it is the disease which aflicts muslims today, if we ever get cured of it in great enough numbers then those who continuously hurt and insult muslims got a big shock coming up.

anyway, am done with this post, this thread, and the world affairs section,

reminds me why i dont come on this bit of the site anymore cos always descends into "i am right," "no i am right" kinda discussion because the muslims and non muslims here are coming from such totally different angles when looking at problems and their solutions and whether something is even a problem in the first place.

Abu Abdullah

Amadeus85
06-02-2007, 11:24 PM

this is why the neo-cons and jews and other enemies of islam wish to end the islamic revival because is threatens them and their interests totally.

Abu Abdullah
By islamic revival you mean the suicide bombings in Algeria, Pakistan, Egypt, Iraq, Indonesia, Turkey,Morocco..?

Eric H
06-03-2007, 01:00 AM
Greetings and peace be with you Aaron85;

Thanks for starting this thread; but I cannot understand why peace initiatives seem to be dismissed as a waste of time.

In the spirit of praying for peace on Earth

Eric

AzizMostafa
06-03-2007, 05:59 AM
Did those Moslems read (4:46) of the Glorious Quran? Elaborating:
In Arabic, "Raina" means "look upo us", but with a slight change of accent it may come to mean “Stupid”
or “Cattle Tenderer”. The Jews seized on this and began to say “Raina” to the Prophet in that twisted way.
When the Muslims came to know this, their fury knew no bounds. There would have been much bloodshed
but Allah in His mercy came to their rescue and ordered that instead of “Raina” they would better say
“Unzurna” as there is no occasion for play upon the accent.

And in 3 verses (4:47), (4:154) and (7:163) the Glorious Quran emphasizes how smart the Jews are.
Here is the Story in short:
Fish used to come up to the Jews only on Saturdays when fishing was prohibited to them.
So, they dug pools to trap them on Saturdays and fish them out on Sundays?!

Those were the Jews who recognized Mohammed + the Glorious Quran as they recognized their sons.
What do Moslems expect from their grandsons?! Peace + Flowers?

glo
06-03-2007, 07:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H

Thanks for starting this thread; but I cannot understand why peace initiatives seem to be dismissed as a waste of time.

Eric
Joining you in your prayer, Eric. :)

Thank you for posting the article Aaron. I hope that people will never tire of spreading messages of peace and love!

May the day come when God's peace reigns across the nations.

Philosopher
06-03-2007, 08:08 AM
I am appalled by the responses by Muslims here. I can understand that many would be mad over Israel, but mature up people! The Palestinians are not angels themselves, and many victims of warfare resort to Israel for medical treatment for free.

This was intended to be a peaceful thread. Grow up!

guyabano
06-03-2007, 08:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lina
Oh.

Ok, how is this helping?

Well, it would be a start, no?

snakelegs
06-03-2007, 09:49 AM
thanks for your answers, dawud_uk and lina. :statisfie

Joe98
06-03-2007, 10:02 AM
this is why i dont really blame the jews or their western allies for trying to corrupt and destroy islam, it is in their interests.

Islam is suppsed to be really nice. Explain to us how it could be "in their interests".

Muezzin
06-03-2007, 03:54 PM

Neither can I.

It's sad how mean-spirited some posts on this thread seem to be.

guyabano
06-05-2007, 09:24 AM

Abu Abdullah
Destroy Israel? Are these the words of a so called peaceful muslim?

Well well

Wishdreaming here is: Palestina will be given back entirely back to muslims
Reality is: Jews live there also, and as long as they are there, they will never be out. They have a strong army and know how to defend, plus, they have strong allies.
So, the only way out of this is, that Jews and muslims start to accept to live in coexistence.

And stop telling me about 'Allah knows best?..etc. Jews/Muslims and Christians have the same God, so why should 'Allah' help Muslims but not Christians and Jews? This is a total nonsense !

AzizMostafa
06-05-2007, 01:11 PM
To guyabano
_______________________________________________1__ _____________________________________________
> Wishdreaming here is: Palestine will be given back entirely back to muslims.
Soon Godwilling, when they hold fast to God’s Bond, together, and stop exchanging fire fueled by US+UN.
_______________________________________________2__ _____________________________________________
> Reality is: Jews live there also, and as long as they are there, they will never be out.
Reality is: Jews lived there long ago, and as long as they were there, they will never be chased out.
_______________________________________________3__ _____________________________________________
> They have a strong army and know how to defend, plus, they have strong allies.
___3.1 Strength tested by a small group of Muslims in the south of Lebanon last July when the strong allies
remained helpless inspite of the crimes committed against the Muslim + Christian women + children.
___3.2 Who destroyed the US Delta force in the Desert of Tabas/Iran April 1980?
Who loosed against them the wind and hosts they saw not? Or it was just Miscalculation?!
___ 3.3 In the year Prophet Mohammed was born, the Army of Abraha— Men of elephants— invaded Mecca
to destroy the House of Allah. Allah defended His House by sending birds armed with stones and finished them.
To God belongs the hosts of the heavens and the earth, but the problem is that you do not believe in the (un)seen.
_______________________________________________4__ _____________________________________________
> So, the only way out of this is, that Jews and muslims start to accept to live in coexistence.
Dancing + Singing together in Jersulm? Or Praying + thanking God in the Remote Mosque?
_______________________________________________5__ _____________________________________________
> And stop telling me about 'Allah knows best?..etc. Jews/Muslims and Christians have the same God,
> so why should 'Allah' help Muslims but not Christians and Jews? This is a total nonsense !
Simple Calculation:
Since The Jews recognize 2-1: Moses (peace be on him)
Christians recognize 2 : Moses + Jesus (peace be on them)
Mulism recognize 2+1 : Mohammed + Moses + Jesus (peace be on them)
Then, Allah helps those who recognize all His prophets + Messengers and not the selective?!

guyabano
06-05-2007, 01:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AzizMostafa
Simple Calculation:
Since The Jews recognize 2-1: Moses (peace be on him)
Christians recognize 2 : Moses + Jesus (peace be on them)
Mulism recognize 2+1 : Mohammed + Moses + Jesus (peace be on them)
Then, Allah helps those who recognize all His prophets + Messengers and not the selective?!
So, based upon your words, religion is all about calculation??

I have one more than you, so automatically, I believe more ! Oh my.... where am I here?

Dancing + Singing together in Jersulm? Or Praying + thanking God in the Remote Mosque?
This would be a good start, indeed !

Muezzin
06-05-2007, 01:49 PM
I thought this thing was about hugs 'n' stuff?

guyabano
06-05-2007, 01:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
I thought this thing was about hugs 'n' stuff?
it was, but now we are on calculations ! I wish we could go back to hugging and dancing.

AzizMostafa
06-06-2007, 05:24 AM
> So, based upon your words, religion is all about calculation??

Accurately?! The Zionists want to:
1. multiply the Dancers + Singers in Jersulm from every color+(no)faith+race
2. Mutiply the Jews in the Remote Mosque and allowing not even a single Muslim-by-name to go inside.
3. Divide the ignorant Moslems into Quaralling sections.
4. Add more + more lands to thier wrongfully created "Israel".
5. Subtract Mohammed followers from earth.
http://www.islamicboard.com/world-af...ish-rabbi.html

But they devised (wrongfully), and God devised (justly), and God is the Best of devisers.
When Hizbullah + the Jews encountered last July, World witnessed how God showed
Hizbullah in the eyes of US+allies as few, and made the US+allies few in the eyes of Hizbullah
, that God might determine a matter that was done.

Eric H
06-06-2007, 06:39 AM
Greetings and peace be with you AzizMostafa;

There are people who would like to add justice and peace to the equation for people of all nations and all religions.

As John Lennon said we must give peace a chance.

Eric

north_malaysian
06-06-2007, 07:44 AM

Nice pic... thanks for sharing (but I wonder whther those 2 soldiers standing by.... were also involved in this peace initiative.

north_malaysian
06-06-2007, 07:47 AM
but I cannot understand why peace initiatives seem to be dismissed as a waste of time.
PREJUDICE:exhausted

thirdwatch512
06-06-2007, 08:03 AM
thanks aaron for posting this! it's great to see unity :)

i am so disgusted at how some people, notably muslims are responding though.. in a negative, hateful way.

you know, the Jews are in Israel.. they're not going to leave. it's unrealistic. it's a fantacy that will NEVER come true.

so here's your choices..

- work with the Israeli's in a peaceful, loving way. have people love each other, and not hate
- continue to have each other hate others, cause even more poverty and more destruction.

i prefer the first.

i'm glad that this event in Israel happened.. and i'm glad to see more unity :)

and i am disgusted that some people here don't like seeing this.it shows how PREDJUDICE and HATEFUL some people are.

and you can't blame all the Jews for "stealing the land." a lot of people, in fact most, were born in Israel. it's not their faults for being there!

and to the member who said there's only two ways.. destruction of Israel or destruction of islam.. HOW DARE YOU. i mean that is just so barbaric to honestly want to destroy and entire nation.

you guys complain about Israel so much, but just see what happens if Israel were to cease to exist. do you guys know how many BILLIONS of dollars Israel gives to the palestinians. yeah.. the ISRAELI'S are paying taxes to fund a bunch of people that are unappreciative.

if palestine wants its own nation, then they better not expect Israel to give them freeby blank checks. and then we will see how quickly the palestinians will cry back to Israel for money.

and btw.. Israel will never be destroyed. if they can kick three nations in SIX DAYS, then they can obviously beat anything ahead of them!!

Muezzin
06-07-2007, 07:55 PM
Guys!

I repeat: 'I thought this thread was about hugs and stuff?'

How have we managed to turn it into another fight? It's not like the people hugging are in Barney the Dinosaur outfits. Then I'd understand such anger.

AzizMostafa
06-08-2007, 10:33 AM
When it is said to them, Do not do corruption in the land, they say:
"We are only Ones that put things right, we are peace-makers."

Fishman
06-08-2007, 08:48 PM
:sl:
Somebody posts a topic about showing that people can learn to live in peace with one another and love everybody, and suddenly it is rejected, mostly by Muslims (astagfirullah)! Why :enough!: ?!

Mixed dancing and music are haram, but so is murder and mindless violence! Who would you rather have marching round al-Quds: people who are kind, loving and obviously aimed at peace, or fanatical solidiers with big guns?
:w:

Woodrow
06-10-2007, 08:23 PM
this Thread has been here past the 3 day stay. Time to close it and make room to approve some more recent ones.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.