/* */

PDA

View Full Version : keep this locked in your head

- Qatada -
06-03-2007, 02:57 PM
:salamext:

Al-Hasan al-Basri said, "If you see a man competing with you with regard to this world then compete with him concerning the Hereafter."

Wuhayb ibn al-Ward said, "If you are able to make sure that no one precedes you in hastening towards Allah then do so."

Muhammad ibn Yusuf al-Asbahani said, "If a person hears of another person or knows of another person who is more obedient to Allah than him, then that should grieve him."

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
tears4husain
06-03-2007, 08:10 PM
:sl: I totaly agree Suratul-Asr ayat 3 compete with each other in righteousness.

Kittygyal
06-03-2007, 08:12 PM
salamualikum
Good thread keep it padlocked.
Ma'assalama

asadxyz
06-04-2007, 05:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah

Al-Hasan al-Basri said, "If you see a man competing with you with regard to this world then compete with him concerning the Hereafter."

Assalaamo Alaikum:
Honestly speaking I have not been able to understand this first quote.Would you please explain it ?? Thanks in advance
Best of luck

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
vpb
06-04-2007, 05:42 AM
Honestly speaking I have not been able to understand this first quote.Would you please explain it ?? Thanks in advance
Best of luck
ok i'll try to explain based on what I understood.

if someone has money , houses, cars, etc. but you dont, or he is earning more money than you are, it means that he is competing you, but since you can't compete him in this world too, than make good deeds, so you compete him in the afterlife, ie. you go to a higher degree of Jannah than him or whatever.

this is my understanding of it

asadxyz
06-04-2007, 06:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by vpb

if someone has money , houses, cars, etc. but you dont, or he is earning more money than you are, it means that he is competing you, but since you can't compete him in this world too, than make good deeds, so you compete him in the afterlife, ie. you go to a higher degree of Jannah than him or whatever.

Assalaamo Alaikum:
Is this really Islamic teaching ????:

Look at the prayer by Prophet Ibrahim (PBUH):He is asking for economic prosperity:
وَإِذْ قَالَ إِبْرَاهِيمُ رَبِّ اجْعَلْ هَـَذَا بَلَدًا آمِنًا وَارْزُقْ أَهْلَهُ مِنَ الثَّمَرَاتِ ﴿2:126﴾
(2:126) And remember that Abraham prayed, "Lord, make this city a city of peace and security, and provide with every kind of fruit

Prayer by Prophet Isaa (PBUH)
قَالَ عِيسَى ابْنُ مَرْيَمَ اللَّهُمَّ رَبَّنَا أَنزِلْ عَلَيْنَا مَآئِدَةً مِّنَ السَّمَاء تَكُونُ لَنَا عِيداً لِّأَوَّلِنَا وَآخِرِنَا وَآيَةً مِّنكَ وَارْزُقْنَا وَأَنتَ خَيْرُ الرَّازِقِينَ﴿5:114﴾
(5:114) Jesus, son of Mary, then prayed: 'O Allah, our Lord, send down to us a repast from the heavens that shall be a festival for the first of us and for the last of us, and a sign from You. And provide us with sustenance, for You are the best Provider of sustenance

Prayer by Righteous people:
وِمِنْهُم مَّن يَقُولُ رَبَّنَا آتِنَا فِي الدُّنْيَا حَسَنَةً وَفِي الآخِرَةِ حَسَنَةً وَقِنَا عَذَابَ النَّارِ﴿2:201﴾
(2:201) Then there are others who say, "Our Lord, give us what is good in this world and also what is good in the Hereafter and save us from the torment of Fire."

أُولَـئِكَ لَهُمْ نَصِيبٌ مِّمَّا كَسَبُواْ وَاللّهُ سَرِيعُ الْحِسَابِ﴿2:202﴾
(2:202) Such people shall have their due share (in both the worlds) according to what they earn. And Allah is swift at settling accounts

Rather Quran warns that this socio-economic deprivation is a "Punishment". Look at this Aya:
وَمَنْ أَعْرَضَ عَن ذِكْرِي فَإِنَّ لَهُ مَعِيشَةً ضَنكًا وَنَحْشُرُهُ يَوْمَ الْقِيَامَةِ أَعْمَى﴿20:124﴾
(20:124) and whoso will turn away from My Admonition, he shall have a wretched life *105 in the world, and We shall raise him up blind on the Day of Resurrection

And economic prosperity is The reward of Allah:اللَّهُ يَبْسُطُ الرِّزْقَ لِمَن يَشَاء مِنْ عِبَادِهِ وَيَقْدِرُ لَهُ إِنَّ اللَّهَ بِكُلِّ شَيْءٍ عَلِيمٌ﴿29:62﴾
(29:62) Allah it is Who gives abundantly to those of His servants He pleases and sparingly to those He wills. Surely Allah knows everything

If one is suffering from economic deprivation how can he struggle for
  1. Education
  2. Paying of Zakaat
  3. Performing the Hujj
  4. Keeping concentration even In His prayers

May Allah show us right path and Ponder over the Holy Quran
Best of luck

Curaezipirid
06-04-2007, 06:54 AM

[/QUOTE]

format_quote Originally Posted by asadxyz
Assalaamo Alaikum:
Best of luck

It is one of the underlying principals of the whole Islamic economy, that we compete alike to Capitalist competition, but in fact the competition is to maximise worth in social outcome and not in material gain.

Curaezipirid
06-04-2007, 06:58 AM

[/I][/B]
Muhammad ibn Yusuf al-Asbahani said, "If a person hears of another person or knows of another person who is more obedient to Allah than him, then that should grieve him."

Therefore not one of us living can not be in grief within our belief, since Isa has proven his perfect obedience above every of us.

.:Umniyah:.
06-04-2007, 07:21 AM
JazakAllahu khair wa BarakAllahu feek Akh

:w:

- Qatada -
06-04-2007, 09:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by asadxyz
Assalaamo Alaikum:
Best of luck

:wasalamex
The Story of Two Israelites

They mentioned the story of two men among the Children of Israel who were partners and who are included in the meaning of this Ayah. Abu Ja`far bin Jarir recorded that Furat bin Tha`labah Al-Bahrani said concerning the Ayah,

[إِنِّى كَانَ لِى قَرِينٌ]

(Verily, I had a companion) "There were two men who were partners and had collected eight thousand Dinars. One of them had a craft and the other did not. The one who had a craft said to the other, `You do not have a craft, so I think I will divide the money with you and leave you.' So he left him. Then the man bought a house, belonging to a king who had died, for the price of one thousand Dinars. He called his companion and showed him the house, saying, `What do you think of this house I bought it for one thousand Dinars.' He said, `How beautiful it is.' When he went out he said, `O Allah, this companion of mine has bought this house for one thousand Dinars; I ask You for one of the houses of Paradise -- and he gave one thousand Dinars in charity.' Then as much time passed as Allah willed should pass. The first man married a woman with a dowry of one thousand Dinars, and invited his companion and made food for him. When he came, he said, `I have married this woman with a dowry of one thousand Dinars.' He replied; `How beautiful this is.' And when he left, he said, `O Lord, my companion has married a woman with a dowry of one thousand Dinars; I ask you for a wife from among Al-Hur Al-`Iyn' -- and he gave one thousand Dinars in charity. Then as much time passed as Allah willed should pass. Then the first man bought two gardens for two thousand Dinars, then he called his companion and showed them to him. He said, `I have bought these two gardens for two thousand Dinars.' He replied, `How beautiful this is.' When he came out, he said, `O Lord, my companion has bought two gardens for two thousand Dinars; I ask you for two gardens in Paradise' -- and he gave two thousand Dinars in charity. Then the angel came to them and took their souls in death. He took the one who had given his money in charity and put him in a house that he liked. There, there was a woman who was so beautiful that the ground shinned under her, then he (the angel) took him to two gardens and gave him other things which are known only to Allah. The man said, `This is like a man who has such and such.' The angel said, `That is exactly what it is; this house, these gardens and this wife are all for you.' The man said, `I had a companion who used to say: Are you among those who believe' It was said to him, `He is in Hell.' He said, `Will you look down' So he looked down and saw him in the midst of Hell. At this, he said:

[قَالَ تَاللَّهِ إِن كِدتَّ لَتُرْدِينِ - وَلَوْلاَ نِعْمَةُ رَبِّى لَكُنتُ مِنَ الْمُحْضَرِينَ ]

(By Allah! You have nearly ruined me. Had it not been for the grace of my Lord, I would certainly have been among those brought forth (to Hell).)''

Tafsir Ibn Kathir - Surah Saaffaat

asadxyz
06-04-2007, 10:27 AM
Assalammo Alaikum;
Dear Fi Sabillah.
I am sure you know much better than I .If you try to know the purpose of this narration in the light of Qurani Ayas which I have quoted above ,it will be obvious that this narration wants to persuade to spend in the way of Allah and highlight its virtues.It does not negate at all the Earning of "Rizq Halal"
Truely speaking I personally believe If you earn "honestly ",then even that earning is "Ibaada".
Islam does not believe in self annihilation but believes in "Self Controle".Self annihilation is "Rubaaniyyat" which is condemned.
Wealth is neither bad nor good in itself ,its use makes good or bad.If you collect money by unfair means and spend on luxuries ,forgetting almighty Allah then naturally this money will push you into the Hell. But if you earn honestly ,and spend it the way Almighty has ordered then there is no harm in that money .It is a reward and blessing of Almighty Allah.
Please read my previous post again and then assess this narration.
Unfortunately,Ibne Kathir is full of Israeelyaat.
Best of luck

- Qatada -
06-04-2007, 10:32 AM
:wasalamex

I am sure you know much better than I

You know better than me :) but Hasan Al Basri knows better than all of us, alhamdulillah. And Allaah knows best what he meant.

Curaezipirid
06-05-2007, 02:10 AM
Allah is every all knowing

Funny that every time I try to write ever, a y kicks in and it comes out as every

I meant to put:

Allah is ever all knowing

IbnAbdulHakim
06-05-2007, 09:27 AM
By Allah! You have nearly ruined me. Had it not been for the grace of my Lord, I would certainly have been among those brought forth (to Hell).)

^......:(

serious... we seek refuge in Allah...

vpb
06-05-2007, 09:32 AM
  1. Education
  2. Paying of Zakaat
  3. Performing the Hujj
well it's not really an excuse, we have examples of Abu Hurayra who was that hungry, that he would get on road to meet Abu Bakr or Omer or Prophet saws so maybe one of them invites him to eat, and still he is the biggest narrator of hadiths, the biggest sunnah practicant, also there were times where muslims had to put stones on their bellies to fight the hunger, and still those were the most pious muslims of this world.
Allah swt wouldn't put something on our shoulder which we can't hold.

and hajj is not compuslory for people who can't afford it, and education can be gained without having money, unless you want to get a paper diploma, then u need to go to proper uni to pay money. but education in Islam is not meant to have a piece of paper, but to have knowledge in your head.

and that was just my understanding of it. :)

asadxyz
06-06-2007, 04:43 PM

, and education can be gained without having money, unless you want to get a paper diploma, then u need to go to proper uni to pay money. but education in Islam is not meant to have a piece of paper, but to have knowledge in your head.

and that was just my understanding of it. :)
Assalaamo Alaikum:
What is islamic concept of education ?? Education without money where and How ?? I would like to avail.Just curious
Best of luck

vpb
06-08-2007, 06:08 AM
What is islamic concept of education ?? Education without money where and How ?? I would like to avail.Just curious
i don't know what is the official islamic concept of education, but I know that knowledge is keept very high in Islam, and the very first words revealed are "Akara = Read". So every muslims is obligated to seek knowledge.

now as far as for getting that education without money, you can either go one of local masjids, you have plenty of books, including Tafsir, Qur'an, Hadiths, MADE-EASY books, stuff like that, and you can read, or you can go to a public library or other libraries where subscription is free, and you have thousands of book. and you might probably find someone who can explain stuff to you. so you can get knowledge without money, not wether you get it not as quick as people do on universities or not, that's a different thing. but there are many people who educate themselves.
also you can go to different free lectures and get knowledge.
so I'm manily talking about Islami knowledge, but this also goes for other knowledge fields (by going to public libraries). I know it's harder without money to get knowledge, but it's possible, but since we live in 21st ceuntry, if we stay 1 day without food, we panic, and become crazy "omg I don't have anything to eat", bc our standards are going higher everyday, so just a little thing makes us think that we are dying or something.

but again i'm saying, the lack of money can only slow a very tiny little bit nowdays the gaining of knowledge. but not a reason to say to Allah swt "I didn't know what is Qur'an or hadith, or such and such basic things, bc I was poor", it's not an excuse.

syilla
06-08-2007, 06:16 AM
:sl:

i just want to add some more...

what about knowledge.

wassallam

asadxyz
06-08-2007, 06:29 AM
i don't know what is the official islamic concept of education, but I know that knowledge is keept very high in Islam, and the very first words revealed are "Akara = Read". So every muslims is obligated to seek knowledge.

now as far as for getting that education without money, you can either go one of local masjids, you have plenty of books, including Tafsir, Qur'an, Hadiths, MADE-EASY books, stuff like that, and you can read, or you can go to a public library or other libraries where subscription is free, and you have thousands of book. and you might probably find someone who can explain stuff to you. so you can get knowledge without money, not wether you get it not as quick as people do on universities or not, that's a different thing. but there are many people who educate themselves.
also you can go to different free lectures and get knowledge.
so I'm manily talking about Islami knowledge, but this also goes for other knowledge fields (by going to public libraries). I know it's harder without money to get knowledge, but it's possible, but since we live in 21st ceuntry, if we stay 1 day without food, we panic, and become crazy "omg I don't have anything to eat", bc our standards are going higher everyday, so just a little thing makes us think that we are dying or something.

but again i'm saying, the lack of money can only slow a very tiny little bit nowdays the gaining of knowledge. but not a reason to say to Allah swt "I didn't know what is Qur'an or hadith, or such and such basic things, bc I was poor", it's not an excuse.
Assalaamo Alaikum:
Are you talking all this because of your personal experience or such "pearls" are just to advise others ??
No doubt Quran and Hadith Knowledge is Fardh on any Muslim (all of us) but other knowledges like
  1. A pilot need knowledge of how to fly a plane
  2. A doctor needs knowledge of medicine
  3. An engineer needs knowledge of Engineering
  4. and So on.
Please let me know if some mosgue where these knowledges can be acquired free of cost.Because these are also important from my point of view.What is your "Fatwa" about them?
I will be really grateful.

vpb
06-08-2007, 06:42 AM
this was the main point we were talking about.

1. Education
  2. Paying of Zakaat
  3. Performing the Hujj
  1. A pilot need knowledge of how to fly a plane
  2. A doctor needs knowledge of medicine
  3. An engineer needs knowledge of Engineering
  4. and So on.
you can learn how to fly a plane from studying books, now wether you want to put that in practice and become a real pilot, that is a different thing. knowledge and experience are not the same. but how about you study and get a scholarship? :) you can get good grades on your test, and you can get a scholarship. the next thing is that here you are not talking about Islamic knowledge, but you are talking about professional jobs..which not many people have. Do you think Allah swt will ask you on the day of judgement "do you know how to pilot, or how much knowledge of Qur'an do you have?" which one o u think he will ask u?

and everywehre in the world, rich or poor countries, not everyone can be a pilot ,or an engineer. but as far as having knowledge , it is free. you can get it anywhere.

Please let me know if some mosgue where these knowledges can be acquired free of cost.Because these are also important from my point of view.What is your "Fatwa" about them?
bro i don't know if you are a muslim, but from your avatar it seems you are. and I don't want to make fitnah here, but can please be more kind, and not be sarcastic. be more kind to your brothers/sisters.

Volume 1, Book 2, Number 9: Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Amr:
The Prophet said, "A Muslim is the one who avoids harming Muslims with his tongue and hands. And a Muhajir (emigrant) is the one who gives up (abandons) all what Allah has forbidden."

vpb
06-08-2007, 06:49 AM
basically all I want to say is that being poor is not an excuse about not knowing about your religion, or an excuse of not having knowledge about it. there were people as poor as we cannot imagine, still they were the most pious people of the whole nation.

asadxyz
06-08-2007, 07:55 AM
bro i don't know if you are a muslim, but from your avatar it seems you are. and I don't want to make fitnah here, but can please be more kind, and not be sarcastic. be more kind to your brothers/sisters.

Volume 1, Book 2, Number 9: Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Amr:
The Prophet said, "A Muslim is the one who avoids harming Muslims with his tongue and hands. And a Muhajir (emigrant) is the one who gives up (abandons) all what Allah has forbidden."

Assalaamo Alaikum:
First of all I apologize from my Core of heart if you are heart.I never meant this.My word of Fatwa was not ironical but just a friendly joke.If you felt I again say sorry.

Now coming to the point seriously.

From my point of view (You may disagree) ,there are two Qurans in this universe (you may startle from this statement).One Quran was the Holy Quran which was revealed on Our Holy Prophet (PBUH) in the form of words (Kalamullah) and the other "Quran" is this universe which is actually tafsir of the Holy Quran.The Knowledge of both is Fardh on any Muslim.
My claim is not from my thought rather it is from my learning of the Holy Quran :

إِنَّ فِي خَلْقِ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالأَرْضِ وَاخْتِلاَفِ اللَّيْلِ وَالنَّهَارِ لآيَاتٍ لِّأُوْلِي الألْبَابِ﴿3:190﴾ (3:190) Surely in the creation of the heavens and the earth, *134 and in the alternation of night and day, there are signs for men of understanding

إِنَّ فِي خَلْقِ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالأَرْضِ وَاخْتِلاَفِ اللَّيْلِ وَالنَّهَارِ وَالْفُلْكِ الَّتِي تَجْرِي فِي الْبَحْرِ بِمَا يَنفَعُ النَّاسَ وَمَا أَنزَلَ اللّهُ مِنَ السَّمَاء مِن مَّاء فَأَحْيَا بِهِ الأرْضَ بَعْدَ مَوْتِهَا وَبَثَّ فِيهَا مِن كُلِّ دَآبَّةٍ وَتَصْرِيفِ الرِّيَاحِ وَالسَّحَابِ الْمُسَخِّرِ بَيْنَ السَّمَاء وَالأَرْضِ لآيَاتٍ لِّقَوْمٍ يَعْقِلُونَ﴿2:164﴾
(2:164) (If they want a sign for the perception of this Reality) surety there are countless signs for those who use their common sense; *162 they can see alternation of the night and day, in the ships that sail the ocean laden with cargoes beneficial to mankind, and in the rain-water which Allah sends down from the sky and thereby gives life to the earth after its death and spreads over it all kinds of animate creatures, in the blowing of the winds and in the clouds which obediently wait for orders between the sky and the earth.

Think ,the Holy Quran is pointing to what ??Not only this there is Order in the Holy Quran :
قُلْ سِيرُوا فِي الْأَرْضِ فَانظُرُوا كَيْفَ بَدَأَ الْخَلْقَ ثُمَّ اللَّهُ يُنشِئُ النَّشْأَةَ الْآخِرَةَ إِنَّ اللَّهَ عَلَى كُلِّ شَيْءٍ قَدِيرٌ﴿29:20﴾
(29:20) Say to them, "Go about in the earth and see how He has begun the creation; then Allah will recreate life: surely Allah has power over everything.

Those who do not ponder on them ,the Holy Quran says:وَكَأَيِّن مِّن آيَةٍ فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالأَرْضِ يَمُرُّونَ عَلَيْهَا وَهُمْ عَنْهَا مُعْرِضُونَ﴿12:105﴾
(12:105) And *74 many are the Signs in the heavens and the earth; yet they pass by and pay no heed to them

An important duty of Muminin

إِنَّ فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضِ لَآيَاتٍ لِّلْمُؤْمِنِينَ﴿45:[B]3﴾ [/B]
(45:3) The fact is that there are countless Signs in the heavens and the earth for those who believe.

Those who do not think on His Ayaat (Quranic and universal) will be answerable on the day of Judgement:

وَلاَ تَقْفُ مَا لَيْسَ لَكَ بِهِ عِلْمٌ إِنَّ السَّمْعَ وَالْبَصَرَ وَالْفُؤَادَ كُلُّ أُولـئِكَ كَانَ عَنْهُ مَسْؤُولاً﴿17:36﴾ (17:36) (13).Do not follow that of which you have no knowledge for you shall be questioned for (the use) of your eyes, ears and minds.

The Holy Quran condemns those who do not ponder
وَلَقَدْ ذَرَأْنَا لِجَهَنَّمَ كَثِيرًا مِّنَ
الْجِنِّ وَالإِنسِ لَهُمْ قُلُوبٌ لاَّ يَفْقَهُونَ بِهَا وَلَهُمْ أَعْيُنٌ لاَّ يُبْصِرُونَ بِهَا وَلَهُمْ آذَانٌ لاَّ يَسْمَعُونَ بِهَا أُوْلَـئِكَ كَالأَنْعَامِ بَلْ هُمْ أَضَلُّ أُوْلَـئِكَ هُمُ الْغَافِلُونَ﴿7:179﴾

(7:179) And certainly We have created for Hell many of the jinn and mankind; *140 they have hearts with which they fail to understand; and they have eyes with which they fail to see; and they have cars with which they fail to hear. They are like cattle - indeed, even more astray. Such are utterly heedless.

Also Look at this Aya
وَأَعِدُّواْ لَهُم مَّا اسْتَطَعْتُم مِّن قُوَّةٍ وَمِن رِّبَاطِ الْخَيْلِ تُرْهِبُونَ بِهِ عَدْوَّ اللّهِ وَعَدُوَّكُمْ وَآخَرِينَ مِن دُونِهِمْ لاَ تَعْلَمُونَهُمُ اللّهُ يَعْلَمُهُمْ وَمَا تُنفِقُواْ مِن شَيْءٍ فِي سَبِيلِ اللّهِ يُوَفَّ إِلَيْكُمْ وَأَنتُمْ لاَ تُظْلَمُونَ﴿8:60﴾
(8:60) Make ready for an encounter against them all the forces and well-readied horses you can muster *44 that you may overawe the enemies of Allah and your own enemies and others besides them of whom you are unaware but of whom Allah is aware. Whatever you may spend in the cause of Allah shall be fully repaid to you, and you shall not be wronged.

The Holy Prophet (PBUH) explained this "Power = Quwwat" with these words:
«أَلَا إِنَّ الْقُوَّةَ الرَّمْيُ أَلَا إِنَّ الْقُوَّةَ الرَّمْي»
(Verily, Power is shooting! Power is shooting.)
Muslim collected this Hadith.(Tafsir Ibne Kathir)

You know what is meant "Ar-ramyu" = shooting ,throwing ,firing. In todays' language you can translate it into "guns ,missiles"
How wonderful this Aya and the explanation given by the Holy Prophet (PBUH)

These were just a few among many.If you think on these Ayas. you will see how important both knowledges are.
Best of luck

vpb
06-08-2007, 08:04 AM
do u think it's fardh for a person who can't afford to pay for a practical course (ie. flying a plane) ????

NobleMuslimUK
06-08-2007, 06:39 PM
:sl:
Its sad how we pursue money and worldly benefits and strive for them, but regarding this matter its people who forget about Tawhid, nothing happens without the will of Allah swt, whatever wealth is written for us we will get it one way or another, but to get that wealth in a haraam way which seems to be the easiest way for most people is wrong. Haraam money has no blessing and will never bring any good to anyone. The best wealth a person can have is a clean and sincere heart, a kind heart, a heart that is obedient to Allah swt, a heart that is fearful of Allah swt, a heart that is hopeful from Allah swt, a heart that is content with what one has from the blessing of Allah swt, a heart that is thankful to Allah swt, a heart that is full of remembrance of Allah swt, a heart that is full of repentace to Allah swt.

First comes Islam then after worldly things, earning for the family and looking after ones wife and children is worship of Allah swt, earning and eating halaal is worship of Allah swt, being nice to people and being there for them in times of difficulty is worship of Allah swt, feeding someone is worship of Allah swt, visiting the sick is worship of Allah swt, paying zakah is worship of Allah swt, learning knowledge and propagating that knowledge is worship of Allah swt. If they are done for the sake of Allah swt, then our reward is with him.
You do what and how much you can do according to your own status, Allah swt will reward according to His grand status.

The problem with money is it can easily lead people astray, thats why its better to be content with what little or abundant people have instead of striving for more.

Allah swt knows best.

asadxyz
06-08-2007, 08:44 PM
=NobleMuslimUK;760492]:sl:
Its sad how we pursue money and worldly benefits and strive for them, but regarding this matter its people who forget about Tawhid,
I 100% agree while striving for worldy benefits we should not forget our religious duties.Worldly benefits must be earned by absolutely fair and honest means

nothing happens without the will of Allah swt, whatever wealth is written for us we will get it one way or another,
Here I disagree.God helps those who help theselves.This is law of nature.
Struggle in a field and seek help of Almighty Allah by prayers.Sitting and doing nothing "you will not get anything" Rest assure.Even Birds have to go out for food.

The best wealth a person can have is a clean and sincere heart, a kind heart, a heart that is obedient to Allah swt, a heart that is fearful of Allah swt, a heart that is hopeful from Allah swt, a heart that is content with what one has from the blessing of Allah swt, a heart that is thankful to Allah swt,
a heart that is full of remembrance of Allah swt, a heart that is full of repentace to Allah swt.

First comes Islam then after worldly things, earning for the family and looking after ones wife and children is worship of Allah swt, earning and eating halaal is worship of Allah swt, being nice to people and being there for them in times of difficulty is worship of Allah swt, feeding someone is worship of Allah swt, visiting the sick is worship of Allah swt, paying zakah is worship of Allah swt, learning knowledge and propagating that knowledge is worship of Allah swt. If they are done for the sake of Allah swt, then our reward is with him.
You do what and how much you can do according to your own status, Allah swt will reward according to His grand status.
Agreed

The problem with money is it can easily lead people astray, thats why its better to be content with what little or abundant people have instead of striving for more.
It totally depends on your faith and Eeman.The way you earn money and spend it.Wealth by itself is a reward of Almighty Allah.

The Holy Quran says;
ثُمَّ رَدَدْنَا لَكُمُ الْكَرَّةَ عَلَيْهِمْ وَأَمْدَدْنَاكُم بِأَمْوَالٍ وَبَنِينَ وَجَعَلْنَاكُمْ أَكْثَرَ نَفِيرًا﴿17:6﴾
(17:6) Then after this We afforded you an opportunity to over-power them and helped you with abundance of riches and children and increased you far more in numbers than before
يُرْسِلِ السَّمَاء عَلَيْكُم مِّدْرَارًا﴿71:11﴾
(71:11) He will send abundant rains for you from heaven,

وَيُمْدِدْكُمْ بِأَمْوَالٍ وَبَنِينَ وَيَجْعَل لَّكُمْ جَنَّاتٍ وَيَجْعَل لَّكُمْ أَنْهَارًا﴿71:12﴾
(71:12) will help you with wealth and children, will create gardens for you, and provide flowing rivers for you.

Prophet Solomon (PBUH)was given a lot of Wealth:

فَلَمَّا جَاء سُلَيْمَانَ قَالَ أَتُمِدُّونَنِ بِمَالٍ فَمَا آتَانِيَ
اللَّهُ خَيْرٌ مِّمَّا آتَاكُم بَلْ أَنتُم بِهَدِيَّتِكُمْ تَفْرَحُونَ﴿27:36﴾
(27:36) When (the envoy of the queen) came to Solomon, the king said "Do you want to help me with wealth? What God has given me is much more than what He has given you *41 ' May you yourselves rejoice in your gift!

The Holy Prophet(PBUH) was bestowed with Wealth:

وَوَجَدَكَ عَائِلًا فَأَغْنَى﴿93:8﴾
(93:8) and He found you poor, then He enriched you.

The wealth is From Almighty Allah:

وَآتُوهُم مِّن مَّالِ اللَّهِ الَّذِي آتَاكُمْ
and give them something out of the means Allah has given you(24:33)

Destitute is a Curse and sign of punishment

وَمَنْ أَعْرَضَ عَن ذِكْرِي فَإِنَّ لَهُ مَعِيشَةً ضَنكًا وَنَحْشُرُهُ يَوْمَ الْقِيَامَةِ أَعْمَى﴿20:124﴾
(20:124) and whoso will turn away from My Admonition, he shall have a wretched life *105 in the world, and We shall raise him up blind on the Day of Resurrection

Best of luck

syilla
12-01-2007, 12:36 AM
*bump :)

cute123
12-01-2007, 06:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by - Qatada -

Wuhayb ibn al-Ward said, "If you are able to make sure that no one precedes you in hastening towards Allah then do so."

Good sayings bought forward! jazakallah khair

jouju
12-01-2007, 08:22 AM
asadxyz....i would like you to clarify something please.
Wat did u mean wen u said unfortunately ibn katheer is full of israeelyaat?

syilla
04-29-2009, 06:05 AM

can anyone post the importance of knowledge in islam :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.