/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Alil help anyone?

rahimah
06-03-2007, 03:13 PM
Well i have a prob.. i have been having a nightmare about a traumatic childhood experience i once had..
(:-[ im embarrassed to put it in words here..):X
But the point is that is there a hidden message behind this sudden reoccuring of this nightmare?
I'm freaked out at the thought of haveing history repeat itself so any help on telling me if there is something behind this dream?:cry:
[PIE]HELP[/PIE]

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- Qatada -
06-03-2007, 04:19 PM
:salamext:

Hadith -Sahih Bukhari, Volume 9, Book 87, Number 115: Narrated Abu Qatada

The Prophet

said, "A good dream that comes true is from Allah, and a bad dream is from Satan, so if anyone of you sees a bad dream, he should seek refuge with Allah from Satan and should spit on the left, for the bad dream will not harm him."

Hadith - Muslim 5640, Narrated Jabir ibn Abdullah, r.a.
Allah's Messenger

said: There came to him (the Prophet) a desert Arab and said: I saw in a dream that I had been beheaded and I had been following it (the severed head). Allah's Apostle

reprimanded him saying: Do not inform about the vain sporting of devil with you during the night.

http://muttaqun.com/dreams.html

جوري
06-04-2007, 01:33 AM
jazaka Allah khyran bros fi..

:sl:rahimah: sometimes we repress memories that are too horrid for us to deal with at that particular moment in time when we were helpless, but the mind can repress for so long before it needs an outlet to make its non-resolute memories manifest.

Some dreams are "Adghath a7lam", some are "ro'ya", this particular dream would fall under the first. Your subconscious mind needs resolution to a traumatic childhood experience. I suggest you write your dream down, see if that brings you some catharsis, and right in which ways you've grown since and why this needs not bother you anymore.. then throw that evidence of written memory away, see then if the dream reoccurs then.

Allah knows best
:w:

- Qatada -
06-04-2007, 09:52 AM

I'm sorry i mentioned them ahadith.. i thought it was just nightmares, and i'm sorry for misunderstanding. May Allaah ease your affairs in this life and the next, ameen.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
06-04-2007, 10:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah

I'm sorry i mentioned them ahadith.. i thought it was just nightmares, and i'm sorry for misunderstanding. May Allaah ease your affairs in this life and the next, ameen.
Some dreams are certainly evil and I agree they shouldn't be mentioned so I think you did a very good thing by posting the ahadith akhi (jazaka Allah khyran).. but some dreams aren't.. a person can usually tell the difference... for instance, I have always had a reoccuring dream since childhood. It always involves me trying to catch a bus, or a plane or a taxi, sometimes even a horse, sometimes it is my own car, but it won't start, or I can't remember where I had parked it..... sometimes I catch my transport, sometimes I just barely miss it, sometimes I miss it and catch the next one. I am almost certain to have a dream like that 3 or 4 times a month-- last time it involved my deceased grandmother, she didn't want me to get off the train with her but did anyway and followed her... Everyone tells me I have the same dream over and over, because I am unresolved on something, and I am always seeking it. I am not sure where I am trying to go?
so it is by that same token that the young sister keeps having a reoccuring dream or nightmare... something is unresolved for her, it is trying to not be repressed. I think it is the only way the nightmares go away... I wonder if that will be the case for me?.. perhaps when I finally reach my destination? :X -- we all know where the final destination is anyhow----:skeleton:

:w:

iwuvaziaf
06-04-2007, 10:30 PM
wow.. subhanAllah.. sis ambrosia... some interesting dream! i dont ever look so deep into my dreams.. if they r bad, i dnt tell anyone but as for resolving...hmm.. sis, maybe u have sum locked up memories.. if they r not hurting u, there is no harm i guess maybe u're trying to become something and something always stops u from becoming or doing wot u need to do... meaning u miss ur ride everytime, must mean opportunities keep slipping.. r u tryina memorise the Qur'an or i dont know.. something! dont know! only u can reflect..

May Allah subhanahu wa taala guide u.

Assalamaleykum

جوري
06-05-2007, 02:11 AM
My dreams have always happened. I can't tell you how many times almost to a T. exam results, deaths, you name it...
Before my aunt died, I had a dream about my deceased uncle, he came dressed in wedding attire, he kept trying to make eye contact with the family, no one would meet his gaze, I was missing him so much, I wanted to give him a hug, I was the only one excited about seeing him, but he seemed so grave and serious .. the only person missing in that dream was my aunt.. she died not 9 days later...
I can go into tons of others that have happened, some trivial, like me finding a mechanical pencil my dad gave me that I had lost, almost a year later on school grounds, some more serious and very sad... but I take them very seriously.. they are not often cryptic, I mean the symbolism is so astounding --I hardly need an interpreter, they happen almost as I dream them!

rahimah
12-21-2007, 06:22 PM
thank u all my dearest =)
u guys were right, it was the case of an unresolved dream. i sat down.. wrote it down.. thought about it and came to a conclusion and a closure to it and praise be will Him, as of today i havent had those dreams for nearly 4 months!
=)

H@fiz Aziz
12-26-2007, 05:29 AM
read aytal kursuuuu cant typeee finngir jamed.

Nájlá
12-26-2007, 12:12 PM
i have terible dreams especially about islam its a bit trying to persucade me not to become a muslim but when i wake up of course i get scared but after a few hours i forget about the dream and start my day by reading quran and the dream just goes out of my head.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!