/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Race for Life - Cancer Research UK

glo
06-03-2007, 03:41 PM
Today my daughter and I ran in the Race for Life, a sponsored 5K run/walk in aid of Cancer Research UK.

I have taken part five times in the last seven years, but for the first time this year I noticed a couple of Muslimahs in the race. :)

About Race for Life

Since it started in 1994, Race for Life has grown to become the UK’s biggest women-only fundraising event. All the money raised by our participants helps fund the crucial work of Cancer Research UK – the world’s leading independent organisation dedicated to cancer research.

So far, over two million women of all ages have run, walked or jogged to raise over £140 million in sponsorship for the charity. This year we hope to raise £60 million for our life-saving work by bringing an amazing 800,000 women together to raise money for Cancer Research UK.
(http://www.raceforlife.org/allaboutus/)
Peace

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muezzin
06-03-2007, 03:56 PM
Excellent!

How much money was actually raised for Cancer Research this year? Did they meet their target?

Pk_#2
06-03-2007, 04:11 PM
That's really good sis !!

I get tired walking down the stairs .. :rollseyes i would try it, you reckon i'd live til the end of it? :X

Peace.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.