Basically yeah...,

Does anyone know who Abu Jahm is?

Answer if possible :)

Oki tc :-[

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
jzcasejz
06-03-2007, 06:05 PM
Wa'alaikum Salaam waRahmatullaahi waBarakaatuh

Well...did you Google the name? I ain't gonna copy + paste any random thing off Google...but after I typed that name up...all that came up was stuff like "he was a wife beater" or something.

BUT...ALLAAHU A'LAM

Re.TiReD
06-03-2007, 06:06 PM
jahm or jahl?

- Qatada -
06-03-2007, 08:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by jzcasejz
Wa'alaikum Salaam waRahmatullaahi waBarakaatuh

Well...did you Google the name? I ain't gonna copy + paste any random thing off Google...but after I typed that name up...all that came up was stuff like "he was a wife beater" or something.

BUT...ALLAAHU A'LAM

:salamext:

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said to Faatimah bint Qays, when she consulted him about whether she should marry Mu’aawiyah or Abu’l-Jahm: “As for Mu’aawiyah, he is a poor man who has no money, and as for Abu’l-Jahm his stick is always over his shoulder [this may mean either that he travels a lot, or that he habitually beats his wives].”

From Zaad al-Ma’aad, 5/168

http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?re...n=eng&txt=jahm

In another hadith:

Al-Bukhaari (373) and Muslim (556) narrated from ‘Aa’ishah that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) prayed in a black cloak that had markings, and he looked at its markings. When he finished praying, he said: “Take this cloak to Abu Jahm ibn Hudhayfah, and bring me his plain garment, for they distracted me just now when I was praying.”. Hishaam ibn ‘Urwah narrated from his father, from ‘Aa’ishah that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “I was looking at its markings whilst I was praying and I was afraid that they would distract me.”

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Pk_#2
06-03-2007, 09:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said to Faatimah bint Qays, when she consulted him about whether she should marry Mu’aawiyah or Abu’l-Jahm: “As for Mu’aawiyah, he is a poor man who has no money, and as for Abu’l-Jahm his stick is always over his shoulder [this may mean either that he travels a lot, or that he habitually beats his wives].” From Zaad al-Ma’aad, 5/168

In another hadith:

Al-Bukhaari (373) and Muslim (556) narrated from ‘Aa’ishah that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) prayed in a black cloak that had markings, and he looked at its markings. When he finished praying, he said: “Take this cloak to Abu Jahm ibn Hudhayfah, and bring me his plain garment, for they distracted me just now when I was praying.”. Hishaam ibn ‘Urwah narrated from his father, from ‘Aa’ishah that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “I was looking at its markings whilst I was praying and I was afraid that they would distract me.”

AsaalmuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh Wa Maghfiratuh,

both hadiths look neutral, was he a bad man? or nah?

JazakumAllah khair @ Akhi 1, ukhti and akhi 2 :D

- Qatada -
06-04-2007, 09:26 AM
:wasalamex

That's all i could find, when bro jzcasejz heard that he was a 'wife-beater' - then i think that it's not related to that at all, the hadith of him carrying a stick can simply be interpreted as 1) being a traveller alot of the time or 2) that he uses that stick to beat people alot.

Other than that, i'm not really sure. Unless you mean the Jahmiyya sect? Since they have a similar name.. kinda? Allaah knows best.

Pk_#2
06-04-2007, 02:46 PM

That's all i could find, when bro jzcasejz heard that he was a 'wife-beater' - then i think that it's not related to that at all, the hadith of him carrying a stick can simply be interpreted as 1) being a traveller alot of the time or 2) that he uses that stick to beat people alot.

Other than that, i'm not really sure. Unless you mean the Jahmiyya sect? Since they have a similar name.. kinda? Allaah knows best.

WalaykumSalaam Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh Wa Maghfiratuh,

okay then,

i never actually heard of a Jahmiyya Sect no offence..

AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh Wa Maghfiratuh

IbnAbdulHakim
06-04-2007, 02:47 PM
jahmiyyah sect?

is this referring to the followers of imam ash'ari and maturidi?

plz correct me if im wrong? :?

m102313
06-04-2007, 02:48 PM
Sorry, i don't know about this guy.

I know about Abu Jahl though.

Pk_#2
06-04-2007, 02:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by moabubaker
Sorry, i don't know about this guy.

I know about Abu Jahl though.
That's cool :D,

just ..this name kept propping up in hadiths that i recently read.

AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullai Wabarakatuh Wa Maghfiratuh.

- Qatada -
06-04-2007, 05:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
jahmiyyah sect?

is this referring to the followers of imam ash'ari and maturidi?

plz correct me if im wrong? :?

The Jahmiyyah sect spread from a man called Jahm ibn Safwan. In regard to Qadr [destiny] - they say that we're under compulsion, and that we don't do anything except that we are forced to do it since it is our destiny.

Whereas the Ahlus Sunnah know that we also have a freedom of choice in our actions.

The Jahmiyyah also reject Allaah's Attributes, and they have other faults in their beliefs too that hellfire isn't forever etc. And Allaah knows best.

IbnAbdulHakim
06-04-2007, 06:53 PM
jazakAllah khair :)

Pk_#2
06-05-2007, 12:05 PM
Is hellfire forever for everyone den? :o|

IbnAbdulHakim
06-05-2007, 12:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umma Wasat
Is hellfire forever for everyone den? :o|
naa sis only the kaafirs n mushriks

Pk_#2
06-05-2007, 12:17 PM

The Jahmiyyah sect spread from a man called Jahm ibn Safwan. In regard to Qadr [destiny] - they say that we're under compulsion, and that we don't do anything except that we are forced to do it since it is our destiny.

Whereas the Ahlus Sunnah know that we also have a freedom of choice in our actions.

The Jahmiyyah also reject Allaah's Attributes, and they have other faults in their beliefs too that hellfire isn't forever etc. And Allaah knows best.

huh, :-[

sorry! I'm now extremely confused, bhai i dun wan be part of Jahmiyyah...

:D AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh Wa Maghfiratuh - morning 'jus woke up' :statisfie

IbnAbdulHakim
06-05-2007, 12:18 PM
huh, :-[

sorry! I'm now extremely confused, bhai i dun wan be part of Jahmiyyah...

:D AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh Wa Maghfiratuh - morning 'jus woke up' :statisfie
lol the jahmiyyah believe hellfire will end at some point but Allahs said that its for eternity for the disbelievers.

hellfire wont end in the same way heaven wont end.

does it make sense now boyn? :)

Pk_#2
06-05-2007, 12:21 PM
lol the jahmiyyah believe hellfire will end at some point but Allahs said that its for eternity for the disbelievers.

hellfire wont end in the same way heaven wont end.

does it make sense now boyn? :)
definately not,

so hell isn't eternity heaven is eternity cept for disbelievers that are in hell will go to hell for life?

Man that sucks :rollseyes

IbnAbdulHakim
06-05-2007, 12:24 PM
definately not,

so hell isn't eternity heaven is eternity cept for disbelievers that are in hell will go to hell for life?

Man that sucks :rollseyes
wat :S :S :S

Pk_#2
06-05-2007, 12:25 PM
wat :S :S :S
oh soz i think i dint understand did u mean nothing is for eternity? as in heaven and hell will soon die out?

IbnAbdulHakim
06-05-2007, 12:29 PM
oh soz i think i dint understand did u mean nothing is for eternity? as in heaven and hell will soon die out?
no lol

i meant that hell is for eternity and so is heaven but just for different people.

{end of confusion}

MinAhlilHadeeth
06-05-2007, 01:51 PM

End of discussion? Have you found your answer ukhtee?

Pk_#2
06-15-2007, 01:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al Muwahhidah

End of discussion? Have you found your answer ukhtee?
:statisfie well about Abu Jahm..

About heaven and hell concept ??..

wana clarify lol?

AsalamuAlaykum sisssssss

- Qatada -
06-15-2007, 01:25 PM
:statisfie well about Abu Jahm..

About heaven and hell concept ??..

wana clarify lol?

AsalamuAlaykum sisssssss

Hell will last forever after it's been created, and so will paradise.

The disbelievers will be in the fire forever, and the believers will dwell in paradise forever (even though some might be punished for their sins for a temporarily while in the fire.) And Allaah knows best.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.