/* */

PDA

View Full Version : DELAYING isha/esha Prayer

Pk_#2
06-03-2007, 04:28 PM
Bismillah-Ir-Rahman-Ir-Raheem

AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh Wa Maghfiratuh,

Question: Some of the people complain when it is said to them:

“Why do you delay salaatul Isha while working or other than this?” So they say: “The (time for) salaatul Isha is up until midnight and the time (to establish Isha) is wide.”

I beg from your eminence, clarification regarding this issue and the ruling on it with evidence for it. May Allaah preserve you and guide your steps.

Answer: It is obligatory upon every Muslim to pray salaatul Isha and other than this (the other salawaat) with the congregation and it is not permissible to delay it and to busy oneself with work. This is because praying in congregation is an obligatory matter. So it is not permissible for anyone to oppose the congregation except with an excuse that has been legislated; like illness and what leads to it.

This is because of the saying of the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم):

“Whoever heard the call (to salaat) and he did not come to it, then there is no (reward for the) salaat for him except with an excuse.”

It was said to Ibn Abbaas (رضي الله عنه): “What is the excuse?” He (Ibn Abbaas) said: “Fear (of death) or illness.”

WalaykumSalaam Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh Wa Maghfiratuh! :D

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
iwuvaziaf
06-03-2007, 04:36 PM
wow.. i always say my isha prayers 15 minutes before 12.. well.. the days r long at the moment any way.. but delaying is not right then i guess..?

Ya Allah forgive us for our errors.. Ameen!

Salam

Pk_#2
06-03-2007, 04:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by iwuvaziaf
wow.. i always say my isha prayers 15 minutes before 12.. well.. the days r long at the moment any way.. but delaying is not right then i guess..?

Ya Allah forgive us for our errors.. Ameen!

Salam
Well this brother told me you can read it late, saying that the prophet (pbuh) used to perform it late and sleep with his wudu, but i didn't recieve any dhaleel for it.

Ameen to dua :)

Peace.

chacha_jalebi
06-03-2007, 04:52 PM
salaam

isha is like @ 10. 50 nowadays :D so thats like 1 hour away from midnite so u mite aswell pray it on time:D

but in surah nisa Allah (swt) says that "prayer is fixed on the believers for appointed times"

i aint no imam or anythin :p but i think its best just tp pray on time, then you know that you have prayed on time and you dont have to worry whether the time has gone or not, even if your outside @ work, wherever, if you say to your boss, i want a break for prayer, they will say sure, or you can say gimme my lunch durin so and so time, so then you know you will pray on time, erm ive gone off topic but erm yeh nice post :D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
iwuvaziaf
06-03-2007, 05:01 PM
oh thanx so much for clarifying that.. but did i not mention the length of the day these days...? :blind:

but say when isha is around 6pm... and u pray around 11.45.... comments plz.. well, leme look it up and i'll give proof.. got no backup right now..

sis maliha.. it could mean that Muhammad (SAW) would go to sleep straight after isha... because if am not wrong, he would wake up for tahajjud right?!? maybe that is why isha is sed to be performed late because of that..

am i making sense?

Ibn Mubaarak
06-11-2007, 09:35 PM
Bismillaah

As Salaamu'alaykum Wa Rahmatullaahi Wa Barakaatuh

Firstly, jazaakAllaahu khairan for the Fatwaa. What the sheikh mentioned is absoloutely true. However, a certain clarrification is needed due to the confusion.

Every prayer should be prayed at its early prescribed times, except for the 'Ishaa. The best time for 'Ishaa is at the middle part of the night. The middle part of the night is not neccessarily 12 midnight, since the day, according to Islaam changes. If you were to take the time from Maghrib to Fajr (starting times) and divide this by two, you would have the middle portion of the night.

For men, it is an obligation for them to pray in congregation in the masaajid. However, whilst it is permissible, the masaajid do not neccessarily conduct the congrgational prayer at the later part of the night, so what is upon them is not to miss the congrgational prayer at the masaajid.

For those who do not have a masjid, and the sisters at home - if they are able to, then it is better for them to delay the 'ishaa prayer until the time at which it is better to pray.

wa Allaahu Ta'aalaa a'lam

Was Salaamu'alaykum Wa Rahmatullaah

------
10-01-2008, 04:10 PM
:salamext:

The best time for 'Ishaa is at the middle part of the night.
Yup

Jazaak Allaah Khayr for the fatwa.

ayan333
10-01-2008, 04:23 PM
:sl:

^ True...ive alwayas been told to Pray Insh late..that there was some kind of extra reward in it

can you clarify please?

JazakALLAH Khair

:w:

Zamtsa
01-14-2009, 07:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pk_#2
Well this brother told me you can read it late, saying that the prophet (pbuh) used to perform it late and sleep with his wudu, but i didn't recieve any dhaleel for it.

Ameen to dua :)

Peace.
Rasulullah Shalallahu 'alaihi wa Sallam said "Before going to sleep, do Wudhu, because Malaikat will spend the night on the cloth of someone who sleep in Wudhu state"(HR.Shahih Targhib wa Tarhib).

wa salaam ('ilaika) wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh.

Pk_#2
01-14-2009, 07:50 PM
JazakAllaah khair.

I hereby elect you to be Mod! :thumbs_up

Zamtsa
01-14-2009, 09:32 PM
wa iyyakum :thumbs_up

Alhamdulillahi Rabbil 'aalamiin.

UmmahFollower09
01-15-2009, 02:42 AM
Jazakallah Khairan for this brother

If I can't go to the Masjid I always delay prayers because it stays till midnight..thanks for this fatwa =]

Yanal
01-15-2009, 02:53 AM
I thought ,actually my local imam said in a khufbah " that praying isha the more late you pray it at night the bigger the reward" So I'm confused.

Vito
01-15-2009, 02:56 AM
I just pray as soon as I hear the athan

sirajstc
01-15-2009, 05:19 AM
jaza kalla khair ;)

Zamtsa
01-15-2009, 07:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanal
I thought ,actually my local imam said in a khufbah " that praying isha the more late you pray it at night the bigger the reward" So I'm confused.
The reason is because Rasulullah have said that if could, he will delay the Shalat to be done in the midnight(24.00) but because Jama'ah wouldn't come to Masjid, he did not do that. And Rasulullah had done it with Jama'ah, only once, I read it in Shahih Al Jami' Ash Shaghir I suppose.

Al-Hanbali
01-15-2009, 07:39 AM
:salamext:

Fiqh 1.87: Delay is Preferred in the Isha Prayer

It is most virtuous to delay the night prayer until the end of the preferred time for it, which is half the night.

Reported 'Aishah, "One night the Prophet, upon whom be peace, prayed the night prayer after most of the night had gone and most of the people in the mosque had fallen aleep. Then he came out, prayed, and said, "This would be the proper time if it were not a hardship on my nation."' (Related by Muslim and an-Nasa'i.)

The Prophet, upon whom be peace, did not do this on a regular basis, as he heard that it would be a hardship on his nation. He would take into consideration the situation of those in the mosque. Sometimes he would hasten in performing the prayer and at other times he would delay it.

Said Jabir, "The Messenger of Allah would pray the noon prayer during the hottest time of noon, the afternoon prayer when the sun was clear, the sunset prayer when the sun had gone down, and the night prayer he would sometimes delay and sometimes hasten if he found people gathered (in the mosque). If he noticed that they were lingering, he would delay it. He would pray the morning prayer while it was still dark." (Related by al-Bukhari and Muslim.)

*Yasmin*
01-15-2009, 05:09 PM
i was confused ,jzakom Allahu khyran for clarifications

Yanal
01-15-2009, 05:09 PM
Yes this is what I read. So it is ok to delay the Isha prayer?

Pk_#2
01-15-2009, 05:18 PM
JazakAllaah khair @ Saif. Ahaha that name still craks me up, there was a dude in ma old skool called safe and I used to beat him up.:thumbs_up

piXie
01-15-2009, 05:25 PM
Answer: It is obligatory upon every Muslim to pray salaatul Isha and other than this (the other salawaat) with the congregation and it is not permissible to delay it and to busy oneself with work. This is because praying in congregation is an obligatory matter. So it is not permissible for anyone to oppose the congregation except with an excuse that has been legislated; like illness and what leads to it.
Only for men. :confused:

Pk_#2
01-15-2009, 05:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by piXie
Only for men. :confused:
Oh pinKie, when did you start praying in congregation?

You tell me. :confused:

piXie
01-15-2009, 05:49 PM
Oh piXie, when did you start praying in congregation?

You tell me. :confused:
No I'm confused because the above part I quoted applies only to men, not every Muslim.. :confused:

Pk_#2
01-15-2009, 05:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by piXie
No I'm confused because the above part I quoted applies only to men, not every Muslim.. :confused:
Oh I just realised now, doh! Must be a mistake, chillaxation.

sur
01-15-2009, 10:22 PM
[I][B]
Answer:......and it is not permissible to delay it and to busy oneself with work(read 2nd hadees i'm posting).
This shows how uneducated our so-called scholars are:-
Sahah Bukhari (SB):10, Hadith Number 516.
-----------------------------------------
Narated By Abu Al-Minhal : Abu Barza said, "The Prophet used to offer the Fajr (prayer) when one could recognize the person sitting by him (after the prayer) and he used to recite between 60 to 100 Ayat (verses) of the Qur'an. He used to offer the Zuhr prayer as soon as the sun declined (at noon) and the 'Asr at a time when a man might go and return from the farthest place in Medina and find the sun still hot. (The sub-narrator forgot what was said about the Maghrib). He did not mind delaying the 'Isha prayer to one third of the night or the middle of the night."

format_quote Originally Posted by iwuvaziaf
wow.. .. but delaying is not right then i guess..?
read above hadees & following. It is OK to delay. & get our sins wiped off just before we go to sleep.

brother was right.

SB:10:542.
-----------------------------------------
Narated By Abu Musa : My companions, who came with me in the boat and I landed at a place called Baqi Buthan. The Prophet was in Medina at that time. One of us used to go to the Prophet by turns every night at the time of the Isha prayer. Once I along with my companions went to the Prophet and he was busy in some of his affairs(compare to what so called scholar said), so the 'Isha' prayer was delayed to the middle of the night He then came out and led the people (in prayer). After finishing from the prayer, he addressed the people present there saying, "Be patient! Don't go away. Have the glad tiding. It is from the blessing of Allah upon you that none amongst mankind has prayed at this time save you." Or said, "None except you has prayed at this time." Abu Muisa added, 'So we returned happily after what we heard from Alllah's Apostle."

Abu Dawood:1:46
Narated By Abu Hurairah : The Prophet (pbuh) said: Were it not that I might overburden the believers, I would order them to delay the night ('isha) prayer and use the tooth-stick at the time of every prayer.

Abu Dawood:1:199
Narated By 'Abd Allah b. 'Umar : One night the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) was busy and he delayed the night ('isha') prayer so much so that we dosed in the mosque. We awoke, then dozed, and again awoke and again dozed. He (the Prophet) then came upon us and said : There is none except you who is waiting for prayer.

sur
01-15-2009, 11:40 PM
From "Delaying" it doesn't mean that we should deliberately try to stay up just to delay Isha.

Rather it means that try to take Isha as close to bed-time as possible. So that we would have fewer sins in our record when we go to sleep.

Sahih Muslim:4:1410
In the hadith narrated of the authority of Abd Huraira the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) is reported to have said: While in the hadith narrated by Bakr (the words are like this): He heard the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) as saying: just see, can anything of his filthiness remain (on the body of) any one of you if there were a river at his door in which he washed himself five times daily? They, said: Nothing of his filthiness will remain (on his body). He said: That is like the five prayers by which Allah obliterates sins.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.