/* */

PDA

View Full Version : waking up from coma after 19 years

duskiness
06-03-2007, 06:20 PM
it is such a hopeful story :)
WARSAW, Poland (Reuters) -- A 65-year-old railwayman who fell into a coma following an accident in communist Poland regained consciousness 19 years later to find democracy and a market economy, Polish media reported on Saturday.

Wheelchair-bound Jan Grzebski, whom doctors had given only two or three years to live following his 1988 accident, credited his caring wife Gertruda with his revival.

"It was Gertruda that saved me, and I'll never forget it," Grzebski told news channel TVN24.

"For 19 years Mrs. Grzebska did the job of an experienced intensive care team, changing her comatose husband's position every hour to prevent bed-sore infections," Super Express reported Dr. Boguslaw Poniatowski as saying.

"When I went into a coma there was only tea and vinegar in the shops, meat was rationed and huge petrol lines were everywhere," Grzebski told TVN24, describing his recollections of the communist system's economic collapse.

"Now I see people on the streets with cell phones and there are so many goods in the shops it makes my head spin."

Grzebski awoke to find his four children had all married and produced 11 grandchildren during his years in hospital.

He said he vaguely recalled the family gatherings he was taken to while in a coma and his wife and children trying to communicate with him.
cnn
it is also good reminder how some parts of this worlds has changed for better, although many forget about it.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Amadeus85
06-03-2007, 07:40 PM
Yeah i have heard about it, (as i am Pole). It is amazing that his wife looked after him during all those years. He had eyes full of tears when he is conscious now and looks at his wife.Very touching story.

Cognescenti
06-03-2007, 08:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aaron85
Yeah i have heard about it, (as i am Pole). It is amazing that his wife looked after him during all those years. He had eyes full of tears when he is conscious now and looks at his wife.Very touching story.
He is probably thinking..."thank God I didn't buy that big life insurance policy before the accident!" :-[

Just kidding. It is a great story. His wife deserves credit for suffering so much hardship to honor her wedding vows and care for the man she loved.

Zman
06-03-2007, 08:52 PM
That's great news for him and his family. God Willing, he'll return to a full healthy state, and spend many precious moments with his family...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
- Qatada -
06-03-2007, 08:54 PM
That's amazing :) it's proof that Allaah can easily give life to the dead (even though he wasn't really dead.. but u get my drift.)

Peace.

NobleMuslimUK
06-03-2007, 09:10 PM
:sl:
Another signs of Allah, for us to learn from.

tears4husain
06-03-2007, 09:21 PM
:sl: I had an experience where I was taken away from worldly affairs for a fixed time and when I was re-introduced it was crazy. Things were moving so fast I almost had a breakdown because it was hard for me to keep up with the economy and my enviroment.:blind: So I can understand the beauty, but it still has its down falls

thirdwatch512
06-03-2007, 09:28 PM
great story. God is Great! God is Love!

iwuvaziaf
06-03-2007, 09:47 PM
[pie]SubhanAllah[/pie]

Cognescenti
06-03-2007, 10:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tears4husain
:sl: I had an experience where I was taken away from worldly affairs for a fixed time and when I was re-introduced it was crazy. Things were moving so fast I almost had a breakdown because it was hard for me to keep up with the economy and my enviroment.:blind: So I can understand the beauty, but it still has its down falls
Sounds like a heck of a story in there, sir. Good luck to you.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.