View Full Version : Baby VS Cobra

FBI
06-03-2007, 09:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LGE6...elated&search=

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
S_87
06-04-2007, 01:28 PM
:sl:

that is so cruel! i could only half watch poor child"!

------
06-04-2007, 01:33 PM
:salamext:

:eek: poor kid imsad

ranma1/2
06-04-2007, 01:48 PM
im betting the snakes defanged. "i hope, if not who evere is responcible needs to sleep with the snakes"

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Helena
06-04-2007, 02:53 PM
i've seen the whole vid....pretty freaky......

blimey a baby vs cobra.....why wud the parents allow such things man...

poor kid.....strangled the snake..afterwards.....

additionally why wud the parents send the child butt naked there.....

jzcasejz
06-04-2007, 02:54 PM
Read about this a few weeks ago...quite disturbing...

Helena
06-04-2007, 02:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by jzcasejz
Read about this a few weeks ago...quite disturbing...
isnt this abnormal?.....

m102313
06-04-2007, 02:56 PM

They could've taken out the fangs or teeth whatever you call them, from the snake, so it wouldn't be able to bite.

Or the video can be fake. :X

:w:

Woodrow
06-04-2007, 03:03 PM
All I can say is it appears that among some people flamboyancy is of much more value than intelligence.

Helena
06-04-2007, 03:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
All I can say is it appears that among some people flamboyancy is of much more value than intelligence.
erm explain that word above...starting with f?....:-[

m102313
06-04-2007, 03:07 PM
That word is usually used to describe someone who trys to showoff and people with flashy behaviour, but it can be used in that context as well.

Helena
06-04-2007, 03:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by moabubaker
That word is usually used to describe someone who trys to showoff, but it can be used in that context as well.
ok..shukran jaazilan for explaining it....:D

m102313
06-04-2007, 03:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by traveler
ok..shukran jaazilan for explaining it....:D
No prob sister. :D

Woodrow
06-04-2007, 03:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by moabubaker

They could've taken out the fangs or teeth whatever you call them, from the snake, so it wouldn't be able to bite.

Or the video can be fake. :X

I don't know if it is still common practice but an old snake charmer's trick is to simply sew the snakes mouth shut.

With cobras de-fanging is not of much use. The fangs are not very effective and usually the venom is not injected deep. The venom just slowly oozes into the snakes mouth and every tooth gets a little venom on it. With cobra venom a very small amount on a tiny scratch is sufficient to be fatal.

The fangs on cobras are very poorly constructed and are not natural hypodermic needles like the fangs on the Pit-Vipers. They are more designed to just make a scratch onto which the saliva mixed with venom can kind of just spread onto. My round about way of saying a de-fanged cobra is only slightly less dangerous than one with full fangs.

Even if the child was safe, it is something a person would only do to show off.

m102313
06-04-2007, 03:30 PM
Yh exactly, without the fangs the venom would not get injected into the blood system. So a snake without it's fangs is absolutely useless.

Muezzin
06-04-2007, 03:31 PM
Wait a second, can't cobras spit their venom too? Or am I getting confused with another type of snake and/or watching too many movies?

Woodrow
06-04-2007, 03:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
Wait a second, can't cobras spit their venom too? Or am I getting confused with another type of snake and/or watching too many movies?
Quite true the Ringhaus Cobra (Spitting Cobra) is well known. That is the reason I said de-fanging a cobra is useless. Cobras do not depend on their fangs to deliver venom, and their fangs are probably the poorest of all the snakes. However, the venom is so deadly and such a small amount is fatal that they do not have to be effective.

m102313
06-04-2007, 03:41 PM
Yeah they can, but it won't affect the person much, it only takes affect once it goes in the body (Circulatory System) and there are very few chances of surviving once it's in there :X

Iv'e also heard there are some species of snake, can't remember the names, when they spit on the victim, it can cause harmful skin rashes, and cause all kinds of nasty things to grow on the skin.

Woodrow
06-04-2007, 03:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
Quite true the Ringhaus Cobra (Spitting Cobra) is well known. That is the reason I said de-fanging a cobra is useless. Cobras do not depend on their fangs to deliver venom, and their fangs are probably the poorest of all the snakes. However, the venom is so deadly and such a small amount is fatal that they do not have to be effective.
I should add that here in the Americas our Pit-Vipers have very effective fangs that are actually hollow teeth and are natural hypodermic needles. They are very effective and very necessary for delivering an effective dosage of venom as the venom is a hemo toxin and no where near as deadly as the neuro toxins of the cobras, so the venom has to be deeply injected and of a fairly large amount. With the Pit-vipers de-fanging is temporarily effective. Temporarily because they always have back up fangs ready to develop in the event the primary fangs get damaged.

Khayal
06-04-2007, 05:04 PM

Awwww its looks cute to me...:) the cobra must be defanged.:skeleton:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.