/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Singularity of Allah(swt) in the Qur'an

Balthasar21
05-28-2007, 02:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cihad
there is no my god ,your god, there is only Allah

They're more then one Allah according your own Quraan maybe you miss it .

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
05-28-2007, 03:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Balthasar21
They're more then one Allah according your own Quraan maybe you miss it .
It is nice to know you are more familiar with Islam than Muslims are. I will keep you in mind next time I seek guidance from an Islamic scholar.

That which you feel in the air is called sarcasm, in case my comment passed over you.

You claim the Qur'an says there is more than One Allah(swt) please provide the Surah and Ayyat in which that is stated.

Balthasar21
05-28-2007, 05:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
It is nice to know you are more familiar with Islam than Muslims are. I will keep you in mind next time I seek guidance from an Islamic scholar.

That which you feel in the air is called sarcasm, in case my comment passed over you.

You claim the Qur'an says there is more than One Allah(swt) please provide the Surah and Ayyat in which that is stated.

First I Have Never Claim To Be A Islamic Scholar Nor A Christian Scholar Nor Have I Claim To Know EveryThing About Religion . Nor Am I Here To Convert Anyone Here OverStand , Funny How A Few Muslims Here Are Up-Set With Me Because I Know There Scripture And They Don't .

You speak of sarcasm I can say thing about few muslims here but hey I don't have thin skin . I can give as well take it . But they will get a free pass because they are muslim

I never claim the Quraan Says this or that I Give you the verse and you can read it for yourself . Now if you Interpreted it another way hey no big thing .

Allahumma <> 3 ; 26 , 5 ; 114 , 8 ; 32 , 10 ; 10 , 39 ; 46 .

The word Allahumma mean '' O Allah . The Source - and Hum '' They - The Eloheem Anunnaqis , Allahumma is another word that was derived from The Hebrew word , Eloheem , Meaning '' These Beings Or A Group Of Elohs '' Allahumma or Eloheems are angels of El or messenger of El - Anu . Usually in The Koran when it says , '' That We Did This Or We Created This , Or Our Signs , Etc '' It is referring to these Allahumma or Eloheem , Anunnaqis . They are Physical Angelic Beings ; Not Spooks or Spirits or Ghost .

They are beings that do the work of El , or Allah . The word Allahumma or Eloheems is found throughout The Scroll of The Koran , And is Falsely Translated As A Single , With the word '' God ' , The name Allahumma or Eloheems is used for Benevolent , Agreeable and Malevolent , Disagreeable Beings ,

And Even In The Case For Human Beings , As Found In Exodus 7 ; 1 When Yahuwa Made Moses And Eloheem To Pharaoh Rameses ll

Woodrow
05-28-2007, 05:29 PM
First I Have Never Claim To Be A Islamic Scholar Nor A Christian Scholar Nor Have I Claim To Know EveryThing About Religion . Nor Am I Here To Convert Anyone Here OverStand , Funny How A Few Muslims Here Are Up-Set With Me Because I Know There Scripture And They Don't .

You speak of sarcasm I can say thing about few muslims here but hey I don't have thin skin . I can give as well take it . But they will get a free pass because they are muslim

I never claim the Quraan Says this or that I Give you the verse and you can read it for yourself . Now if you Interpreted it another way hey no big thing .

Allahumma <> 3 ; 26 , 5 ; 114 , 8 ; 32 , 10 ; 10 , 39 ; 46 .

The word Allahumma mean '' O Allah . The Source - and Hum '' They - The Eloheem Anunnaqis , Allahumma is another word that was derived from The Hebrew word , Eloheem , Meaning '' These Beings Or A Group Of Elohs '' Allahumma or Eloheems are angels of El or messenger of El - Anu . Usually in The Koran when it says , '' That We Did This Or We Created This , Or Our Signs , Etc '' It is referring to these Allahumma or Eloheem , Anunnaqis . They are Physical Angelic Beings ; Not Spooks or Spirits or Ghost .

They are beings that do the work of El , or Allah . The word Allahumma or Eloheems is found throughout The Scroll of The Koran , And is Falsely Translated As A Single , With the word '' God ' , The name Allahumma or Eloheems is used for Benevolent , Agreeable and Malevolent , Disagreeable Beings ,

And Even In The Case For Human Beings , As Found In Exodus 7 ; 1 When Yahuwa Made Moses And Eloheem To Pharaoh Rameses ll
I am quite curious now as to where you are getting those translations from. Arabic grammar is quite interesting and plurality is denoted by some very distinct grammatical rules.

Typicaly to denote pluarlity the letter wa is added into the root word. For example dar meaning house becomes dooar meaning houses or village with the addition of wa.

Alahumma is grammaticaly a singularity.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Balthasar21
05-28-2007, 05:47 PM
I am quite curious now as to where you are getting those translations from. Arabic grammar is quite interesting and plurality is denoted by some very distinct grammatical rules.

Typicaly to denote pluarlity the letter wa is added into the root word. For example dar meaning house becomes dooar meaning houses or village with the addition of wa.

2 ; 45. Nay, seek ((Allah)'s) help with patient perseverance and prayer: It is indeed hard, except to those who bring a lowly spirit,-

Justs a question when ( Allah's) spell like this is it Singlar .

Woodrow
05-28-2007, 06:03 PM
2 ; 45. Nay, seek ((Allah)'s) help with patient perseverance and prayer: It is indeed hard, except to those who bring a lowly spirit,-

Justs a question when ( Allah's) spell like this is it Singlar .
To begin with in 2:45 The name Allah(swt) is not spelled out.

The actual literal translation is:

Nay, seek my help with patient perserverence and prayer:
It is indeed hard to those who are humble.

The transliteration of the Arabic is:

Wasta-iinuu bis-Sabre was-salaah:
wa 'innahaa lakabil-ratun 'ilaa 'alal-Khasshi-'iin.

Bis-sabre is a singularity best translated as meaning My Help. Most translators interpret that to mean the Help of Allah (Allah's Help) For it to be a pluarality or mean our help, it would be sabroot(or similar) instead of Sabre.

Balthasar21
05-28-2007, 06:09 PM
To begin with in 2:45 The name Allah(swt) is not spelled out.

The actual literal translation is:

Nay, seek my help with patient perserverence and prayer:
It is indeed hard to those who are humble.

The transliteration of the Arabic is:

Wasta-iinuu bis-Sabre was-salaah:
wa 'innahaa lakabil-ratun 'ilaa 'alal-Khasshi-'iin.

Bis-sabre is a singularity best translated as meaning My Help. Most translators interpret that to mean the Help of Allah (Allah's Help) For it to be a pluarality or mean our help, it would be sabroot(or similar) instead of Sabre.

So your answer is No Yes ?

Woodrow
05-28-2007, 06:16 PM
So your answer is No Yes ?
since Allah(swt) is not even written in that ayyat my answer is a flat YES. Sabre (my Help) is a singularity.

By the way because of the grammatical composistion of the Arabic spelling of Allah it is impossible to write it as a gender or as a plurality and still be proper Arabic. The reason Allah(swt) is often referred to as He is because He is the Arabic default when gender is not noted.

Walter
05-31-2007, 03:33 PM

This is a very interesting off topic challenge. Why not start a new thread - please?

Regards,
Grenville

جوري
06-04-2007, 04:07 AM

Don't bother with this guy.. a dictionary is available online I have provided it more than once.. will enclose it again... go ahead and stick
اللَّهُمَّ from
قُلِ اللَّهُمَّ مَالِكَ الْمُلْكِ تُؤْتِي الْمُلْكَ مَن تَشَاء وَتَنزِعُ الْمُلْكَ مِمَّن تَشَاء وَتُعِزُّ مَن تَشَاء وَتُذِلُّ مَن تَشَاء بِيَدِكَ الْخَيْرُ إِنَّكَ عَلَىَ كُلِّ شَيْءٍ قَدِيرٌ {26}
[Pickthal 3:26] Say: O Allah! Owner of Sovereignty! Thou givest sovereignty unto whom Thou wilt, and Thou withdrawest sovereignty from whom Thou wilt. Thou exaltest whom Thou wilt, and Thou abasest whom Thou wilt. In Thy hand is the good. Lo! Thou art Able to do all things.

into the dictionary link provided, and see what comes up. cut and paste that word highlighted to you in red, into the Arabic dictionary provided at the bottom of this post-- I can't think of anything worse than blatant callous ignorance!
I don't even bother address him anymore akhi I am not sure why you do?... there is a willingness to learn and it is obvious in the nature of the questions, and there is ignorance laced with condescension and that need not be honored with a reply!

Arabic - English
اللَّهُمَّ اســــــــــــم صِيغَةٌ دُعَائِيَّة

Allhouma "ism saygha dua3'eya" Maybe belthsar can find a cut and paste for what "ism saygha dua3'eya means in on of his numerous ready unsourced clips?

Allhouma is no different that stating oh Allah, you can see from the term I used which you will also find in the dictionary upon entering the word Allhouma that there is a "dua'a" in du3a'ya, surely you akhi can understand what that means.. Instead of saying it in two words "to call upon" you use one (oh Allah) or Allhouma?.. as usual on word, right on target, eloquent as is the language of the noble Quran, and a word delivers!

Dictionaries - القواميس

Arabic - English
اللَّهُمَّ اســــــــــــم صِيغَةٌ دُعَائِيَّة O God! , O Lord!

pls tell me, are you seeing oh G-Ds or Lords?
Sakhr Arabic dictionary

this is becoming a bore!

:w:

Balthasar21
06-05-2007, 10:23 AM
One thing is forsure The Prophet Muhammad ( Didn't ) read or write the English language . It doesn't take a Rocket Scientist to know that with the many form of Arabic and the many Dialect's / Translation one lose the true meaning of the Arabic words , Not only that with the many diffrent / Sect
Schools of though all claiming their Translation is the right Translation .
( Food For Though ) . How can one have the true Overstanding of a scripture , When it wasn't written in the English language , Duhhhhh English is the '' Whisperer language ''

Woodrow
06-05-2007, 11:43 AM
One thing is forsure The Prophet Muhammad ( Didn't ) read or write the English language . It doesn't take a Rocket Scientist to know that with the many form of Arabic and the many Dialect's / Translation one lose the true meaning of the Arabic words , Not only that with the many diffrent / Sect
Schools of though all claiming their Translation is the right Translation .
( Food For Though ) . How can one have the true Overstanding of a scripture , When it wasn't written in the English language , Duhhhhh English is the '' Whisperer language ''
No Muslims considers a translation as the Qur'an. We do not believe that any translation is the Qur'an. The Qur'an is only written in Arabic. Arabic does not translate well into any language. All Muslims strive to learn Arabic so they can read the Qur'an.

Those that do not read Qur'anic Arabic will use a translation as a guide to get some familiarity, but no Muslim would ever say that a translation is free from error. We consider all translations to be in error. There are simply a tool to help guide us until we do become proficient in Qur'anic Arabic.

جوري
06-07-2007, 01:25 AM
No Muslims considers a translation as the Qur'an. We do not believe that any translation is the Qur'an. The Qur'an is only written in Arabic. Arabic does not translate well into any language. All Muslims strive to learn Arabic so they can read the Qur'an.

Those that do not read Qur'anic Arabic will use a translation as a guide to get some familiarity, but no Muslim would ever say that a translation is free from error. We consider all translations to be in error. There are simply a tool to help guide us until we do become proficient in Qur'anic Arabic.
Just a note akhi.. there aren't many different forms of Arabic, there is the written Arabic which is the language of the Quran, and it is the epitome of grammatical correctness, and there are of course spoken Arabic, in its essence is something that can be understood by those who speak Arabic. When you are learning English, you will learn proper English I hope? when I was in E.S.L, I learned English the proper way, I didn't learn words like gonna, or shoulda at least not from the books!.. an example in Arabic--for instance in Egypt, the dialect is made so folks always substitute G like in George for a G like in good, yet everyone understands what that means even if in your dialect you speak a deranged form of Arabic, when reading the Quran or writing you'd do it in proper form.. in Lebanon someone might say "shu" , in Egypt someone might say "eh dah", to denote what is that?, again those who speak Arabic can understand each other, even if it isn't proper Arabic which in this case would be "Ma hazha" and that would be as is in the Quran, i.e. proper Arabic, I don't speak three different Arabics or four or five, but all of us Arabs can understand each other, the same way you can understand British English as well as American English, the same way someone from Iowa can understand someone from NY... It is really not a big conundrum, unless you are in desperate need of a book deal and we all know the best way to make a good living is to malign anything Islamic. But I suggest when people do that, they publish it on websites where other ignorant would buy and agree with it!

Balthasar21
06-07-2007, 02:34 AM
Their must be few schools of though here because their many diffrent definition for words here , Could this be the reson why their so many diffrent story's being told here .

جوري
06-07-2007, 03:44 AM
Their must be few schools of though
What is school of "though"?
here because their many diffrent definition for words here
who is the "their" you speak of?
Could this be the reson why their so many diffrent story's being told here .
What is "reson"? and whose' "story's" are you speaking of? We really don't understand you.. perhaps you can be less cryptic...

Balthasar21
06-07-2007, 04:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by PurestAmbrosia
What is school of "though"?
who is the "their" you speak of?

What is "reson"? and whose' "story's" are you speaking of? We really don't understand you.. perhaps you can be less cryptic...

I'm not wasteing my time on a spoil brat , Who think she knows Islam because she read a few books , Now I know your going to take this as a insult but it not , Personally you know nothing about Islam , And I do mean nothing . You have as much knowledge of Islam as and Eye Of A Needle . Your looking for people to agree with you. I'm not here to feed your Ego . Overstand .

I Would love to tell about the english language and where it comes from ( But they would only remove / delete it )

Balthasar21
06-07-2007, 04:29 AM
Can someone give me the Overstanding of the word '' Huwa '' beside PurestAmbrosia,

جوري
06-07-2007, 04:36 AM
I'm not wasteing my time on a spoil brat , Who think she knows Islam because she read a few books , Now I know your going to take this as a insult but it not , Personally you know nothing about Islam , And I do mean nothing . You have as much knowledge of Islam as and Eye Of A Needle . Your looking for people to agree with you. I'm not here to feed your Ego . Overstand .

I Would love to tell about the english language and where it comes from ( But they would only remove / delete it )
lol.. your testimony has sold me.. I know nothing of Islam and I keep proving it!
someone save this fellow from the depth of despair, preferably a non-Arabic speaking non-Muslim with bad grammar, and distorted grip on reality, so he won't find your words so objectionable! ;D

Woodrow
06-07-2007, 11:57 AM
This is slightly off topic. I am posting this as reference.

The word "Overstand" has been used quite a bit in this thread. Those of us from the older generations and not familiar with todays "Hip-hop culture" have never heard the word. It has yet to become ingrained in the English Language except in some slang references. So far it has not been introduced into any standard dictionaries. however, it is appearing is some of the non-standard dictionaries as slang and it is a word that may or may not become part of the English language.

So far in the slang dictionaries the most common definition is:

The difference between Under and Over standing is the difference between seeing and acting with awareness or blindly playing a role. Understanding does the Job, and maybe even wrote the Business Plan (the person who wrote the business plan may understand how to set up businesses). What distinguishes Over from Under is their awareness of the forces that move things. One who overstands sees power for what it is, but may or may not hold and use power in the obvious sense. One who overstands knows that the business will succeed only if it extracts value from others and so is inherrently predatory. One who overstands this fact may accept it and play anyway or refuse to exploit others.

Overstanding emerged as a word from the global hip hop culture, to help portray the distinction between the understanding that life is difficult and the overstanding that life is more difficult than it need be because it is in the interest of those in power to keep things as they are. Overstanding should help but does not always liberate people.
That is from the "Urban Dictionary". Here is a link to the Urban Dictionary for those who have any need to try to understand modern English slang. But, caution, much modern slang I find to be vulgar, offensive and not suited for small children, men, women and any other Humans.

EDIT: I decided it is best not to post the link

Malaikah
06-07-2007, 12:18 PM
Can someone give me the Overstanding of the word '' Huwa '' beside PurestAmbrosia,
Huwa means he, assuming we are talking about the same Arabic letters.

:sl:

Can someone explain to me what Allahumma actually means?? Based on the VERY LITTLE knowledge of Arabic I have, it seems to me that it means 'their Allah'??:-\

In simple language that can be understood by non-arabic experts.

Muslim Knight
06-07-2007, 12:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malaikah
Can someone explain to me what Allahumma actually means?? Based on the VERY LITTLE knowledge of Arabic I have, it seems to me that it means 'their Allah'??:-\

I am not trained in Arabic language but I can recite the Quran well and often read translations to compare meaning.

I have reason to believe that Allahumma means "O God". When reading the Seerah I came across the part where the Makkan Qurasyh polytheists signed a pact to ban from dealing with the Muslims, and they began the letter with "Bismikallahumma" which is translated as "In Thy Name O God".

Various du'a which started with Allahumma were also translated with the same meaning, "O God" or "O Allah".

Woodrow
06-07-2007, 01:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Knight
I am not trained in Arabic language but I can recite the Quran well and often read translations to compare meaning.

I have reason to believe that Allahumma means "O God". When reading the Seerah I came across the part where the Makkan Qurasyh polytheists signed a pact to ban from dealing with the Muslims, and they began the letter with "Bismikallahumma" which is translated as "In Thy Name O God".

Various du'a which started with Allahumma were also translated with the same meaning, "O God" or "O Allah".
I believe this is something that has no English equivalent to relate to. The connotation seems to be that it is an exclamation of praise and so the intention is similar to the English "O'God"

I searched for some other opinions:

Allahumma (اللَّهُمَّ) is an alternative appellation of Allah, the Islamic and Arabic term for God. Non-Muslim scholars have speculated that this term is derived from the divine name Elohim, used in the Hebrew Bible.
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allahumma

To ask Allah for a favour, Allah teaches us how to approach Him. The first example is:

26 Say: Allahumma Owner of Power you give Power to whom You please and You strip off power from whom You please You bless with honour whom You please and You abase whom You please; in Your hand is all Good. You have power over all things.

[Quran Al Imran Chapter 3]

What does Allahumma mean? Most people translate it as O Allah. If Allahumma means O Allah, then what does Ya Allah mean? Again the translation will be O Allah. If both Allahumma and Ya Allah both translate to O Allah, then why do we need two different forms in Arabic to say the same thing? If we look at the Arabic script, Allahumma is written . Allahumma is the Name Allah appended with the letter Meem. Allahumma starts with Alif and ends with Meem.

114 Said Isa son of Maryam: "Allahumma Rabbana! send us from heaven a table set that there may be for us for the first and the last of us a solemn festival and a sign from You; and provide for our sustenance for You are the best Sustainer

[Quran: Al Maida Chapter 5]

When we tag a Meem after the Name Allah, and ask by saying Allahumma, we recognise Allah as our Creator and we also recognise Muhammad as the Messenger of Allah. When we ask Allah by saying Allahumma what we are really saying is Allah, we love You and follow your Messenger Muhammad .

31 Say: "If you do love Allah follow me: Allah will love you and forgive you your sins for Allah is Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful."

[Quran: Al Imran Chapter 3]

Now let us look for the first Kalima in the Quran. The first Kalima (to testify) There is no god only Allah, Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah is revealed in the Quran in two halves. The first half is revealed in only two places in the entire Quran which is There is no god only Allah. The first mention is Chapter 37:
Source: http://www.meem.freeuk.com/Meem2.html

جوري
06-07-2007, 02:06 PM

I have already posted what "Allahouma" means sister with a reference from SAKHR Arabic dictionary ... it isn't a double word, it is one word. besaygha 'do3a'eyaha-- as in the form of beseeching-- If some ignoramus is putting a spin on it to foster whatever cause, still wouldn't make it correct.. it just makes it really laughable! And I think that is what he is looking for... Some non-Arabic speaker to validate his ignorance!

Balthasar21
06-07-2007, 08:16 PM
This is slightly off topic. I am posting this as reference.

The word "Overstand" has been used quite a bit in this thread. Those of us from the older generations and not familiar with todays "Hip-hop culture" have never heard the word. It has yet to become ingrained in the English Language except in some slang references. So far it has not been introduced into any standard dictionaries. however, it is appearing is some of the non-standard dictionaries as slang and it is a word that may or may not become part of the English language.

So far in the slang dictionaries the most common definition is:

That is from the "Urban Dictionary". Here is a link to the Urban Dictionary for those who have any need to try to understand modern English slang. But, caution, much modern slang I find to be vulgar, offensive and not suited for small children, men, women and any other Humans.

EDIT: I decided it is best not to post the link

LAUGHINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG trying to change the topic yourself I see , I see you about to closed this post because you can't deal with the Truth . Funny how you speak of culture , Funny how the Caucasian Man feel he can create his own Dictionary and give his own Definition of words and labe other with his meaning . LAUGHINGGGG . The problem with some Elder and I do mean Some , They feel that the world own them something . You know like respect . But they forget respect is EARN and not given because of one Age . By the way I listen to Jazz And Positive Rap . Any one with the IQ of Three know who are the real gangter's are . They are the one who goes around the world Takeing other people land / resources Etc . Killing Men , Woman , Children / babys . And some of the older generations help do these things

English language LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL What a joke

Woodrow I see your true Nature Showing .

Woodrow
06-07-2007, 08:36 PM
Returning to the topic of "Singularity of Allah(swt) in the Qur'an "

I have not been able to find any reference in the Qur'an where Allah(swt) is not shown as a singularity.

Balthasar21
06-07-2007, 08:55 PM
Qur'an 9 ; 97 , And I Quote ; Al A'araab '' The Desert Arabs' ( Red Arabs are the most Ashaddu ' Forceful ( Severe ) , Kufraan 'Concealers of that which is the facts , and the ( biggest ) Nifaaqaan ' Hypocrites , and more without knowledge of the Huduwd ' Limits of what was sent down by The Source , Allah upon His ( His Not Our ) Rasuwl , ' One Sent ( Muhammad ) , and The Source , Allah is The 'Aliym 'Knower , The Hakiym ' Wise ,

جوري
06-07-2007, 09:00 PM
Again what does this have to do with the singularity of Allah oh learned one?

Balthasar21
06-07-2007, 09:04 PM
Returning to the topic of "Singularity of Allah(swt) in the Qur'an "

I have not been able to find any reference in the Qur'an where Allah(swt) is not shown as a singularity.

No matter what anyone says your not going to accept it. Are you Sunni ?

Woodrow
06-07-2007, 09:58 PM
No matter what anyone says your not going to accept it. Are you Sunni ?
No I am Muslim and I have no adjective in front of my faith.

The reason I will not accept any claims that there is reference in the Qur'an of Allah(swt) is a pluarilty, is simply because I have not found any. I have read the Qur'an several times in Arabic. Initialy as a Christian and a few times as a Muslim. Also a few times in comparative religion classes as a self proclaimed Buddhist during my agnostic years. I will admit my Arabic is still in need of improvement, however I do have a number of Arabic Language dictionaries and I am capable of looking up words in Arabic and understanding the definitions in Arabic.

Woodrow
06-07-2007, 10:05 PM
Qur'an 9 ; 97 , And I Quote ; Al A'araab '' The Desert Arabs' ( Red Arabs are the most Ashaddu ' Forceful ( Severe ) , Kufraan 'Concealers of that which is the facts , and the ( biggest ) Nifaaqaan ' Hypocrites , and more without knowledge of the Huduwd ' Limits of what was sent down by The Source , Allah upon His ( His Not Our ) Rasuwl , ' One Sent ( Muhammad ) , and The Source , Allah is The 'Aliym 'Knower , The Hakiym ' Wise ,
What does that have to do with the Singularity of Allah(swt)?

Balthasar21
06-07-2007, 10:44 PM

Huwa -- 2 ; 29 , 2 ; 137 , 2 ; 255 , 3 ; 2 , 3 ; 150 , 5 ; 120 , 6 ; 2 , 11 ; 34 ,

The Ashuric / Syriac Arabic HUWA Means '' He Who Is '' . Like the words that preceeded it , This word also came from the Aramic / Hebrew word Yahuwa , And translate as '' He Who Is Who He Is , '' Both of these came from The Ancient Egyptian deity HU , The Force Of Creative Will , '' HUWA Or YAHUWA Can be used for an Agreeable '' Yah '' , or Disagreeable being, '' Weh , '' The word '' YAHUWA '' Is a title , This title does not pertain to any individuals ;

It can be passed on to another being ; Even a mortal can be a YAHUWA , And more than one As found in Malachi 4 ; 5 . This is the first name called on by Adam and Eve's children . Without vowels it is Yhwh , Which some groups pronounce as YAHWEH ; And others Peonounce as JEHOVAH . However , In Ancient Babylon , YEHWEH Means ; YEH '' Good , '' And WEH '' Evil ,

Balthasar21
06-07-2007, 10:48 PM
What does that have to do with the Singularity of Allah(swt)?

I have already answer that question ALLAH'ssssssss And You Didn't accept it . I'm not answering that little girl question . Let her get her attention else where

جوري
06-07-2007, 11:01 PM
Thank G-d for your presence here learned one... what would the forum do without you?.... You can't answer the little girl question simply because you have no answer... you cower away when posed with something over your head which is almost everything... you have an incredible ability to click on the right side of the mouse, highlight, copy and paste without sourcing-- afraid someone will poke some holes in the credibility of the moron whose work your worship...
a person who has knowledge is also accompanied with fine traits-- unfortunately for you, you have neither...

Anta k'alan3am ball adhal sabeelan!

Woodrow
06-07-2007, 11:28 PM
I have already answer that question ALLAH'ssssssss And You Didn't accept it . I'm not answering that little girl question . Let her get her attention else where
Way on back the Allah's you referred to was denoting ownership. Meaning belonging to Allah(swt) not being more Allahs(swt). The 's denotes ownership in English not plurality. That is like saying Balthasar's post. not refering to more than one Balthasar.

*charisma*
06-07-2007, 11:55 PM
Greetings,

The word Allahumma mean '' O Allah . The Source - and Hum '' They - The Eloheem Anunnaqis , Allahumma is another word that was derived from The Hebrew word , Eloheem , Meaning '' These Beings Or A Group Of Elohs '' Allahumma or Eloheems are angels of El or messenger of El - Anu .
The definition they are speaking of here does not include the arabic defintion, as verified by the word "another" in that sentence, but rather as a relation to the Arabic connotation.

Usually in The Koran when it says , '' That We Did This Or We Created This , Or Our Signs , Etc '' It is referring to these Allahumma or Eloheem , Anunnaqis . They are Physical Angelic Beings ; Not Spooks or Spirits or Ghost .

Here, they are comparing two languages, which falsely connotates both definitions. They also failed to justify its use in the Quran, and instead just said that it's mistranslated.

Firstly, not only is Allahuma (singular "Oh Allah") used in the Quran, but so is Huwa (third pronoun "He"), ana (first person "I"), innaa (“Verily We”) and nahnu (“We”). All references are either SINGULAR or PLURAL, but never dual (dual would refer to a specific number). The name Allah itself, means "the One". When the word "We" is used, it is not referring to a group, its connoting the respect we must have for Allah. If you are familiar with any language, including English, this may closely be related to the "Royal We". In such instances, one person speaking my use the "We" when speaking on behalf of a group, or it may be used by one person for the purposes of respect and/or glorification. With reference to the Quran, it is used as the latter, for Allah glorification and respect belongs to Allah subhana wa ta'ala.

The word "He" is singular anyhow, and before you think it is genderized, its not. "He" is a neutralized word. "Ana", "Huwa", and "Nahnu" are words all addressed to the Arabs in their own tongue, therefore an Arab is assumed to know what each connotation means.

Justs a question when ( Allah's) spell like this is it Singlar
That is singular. The apostraphe 'S' (apostraphe before the 's') demonstrates ownership to Allah subhana wa ta'ala. Maybe you meant it with the apostraphe after the 'S', which then would demonstrate ownership to more than one Allah, but either way, Allah means 'the one' so it wouldn't make a difference as it nullifies the meaning of the name itself.

Oh yea, one more thing:

And your god is One God, there is none who has the right to be worshipped but He, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful [al-Baqarah 2:163]

and Say: He is Allaah, the One [al-Ikhlaas 112:1]

That is manifest to anyone who reads it, and very understandable. No hidden messages as you are trying to find. Above all, those verses are most considerable when it comes to Allah subhana wa ta'ala claiming His Oneness.

peace.

Malaikah
06-08-2007, 01:10 AM

The word Allah does not have a plural. Allahumma is not plural.

Huwa means he. It isn't reserved only for Allah, it is a common Arabic word.:rollseyes It has been in use long before the Quran was revealed to the prophet.

Your arguments are just really lame... where did you get them from?

Zulkiflim
06-08-2007, 12:35 PM
Salaam,

this guys say he never makes claims wihout facts..

Seem he is righteously ignorant..LOL

Woodrow
06-08-2007, 01:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zulkiflim
Salaam,

this guys say he never makes claims wihout facts..

Seem he is righteously ignorant..LOL
His facts speak for themselves. I just have difficulty in why he believes his facts support his claims.

But, in all fairness he obviously believes what he says and he does his best to present why he believes so. His posts do deserve to be viewed with an open mind and our questions directed to his presentations and not about his intents or abilities.

Balthasar21
06-08-2007, 08:01 PM
His facts speak for themselves. I just have difficulty in why he believes his facts support his claims.

But, in all fairness he obviously believes what he says and he does his best to present why he believes so. His posts do deserve to be viewed with an open mind and our questions directed to his presentations and not about his intents or abilities.

Thank you I Appreciate your fairness , But you know name calling only show weakness , You would think A Real Muslims would rather show his strong side then his weak side . His action only prove what SOME people see Muslims has you know .

Balthasar21
06-09-2007, 10:48 PM
What is the overstanding of the word '' Rabb '' ?

Umar001
06-11-2007, 04:12 PM
However , In Ancient Babylon , YEHWEH Means ; YEH '' Good , '' And WEH '' Evil ,
Just wondering, I was interested in doing further reading, so I want to ask, where did you get this from, like what book would you recommend me as a source for this.

Balthasar21
06-11-2007, 07:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al Habeshi
Just wondering, I was interested in doing further reading, so I want to ask, where did you get this from, like what book would you recommend me as a source for this.

You said Muslims shouldn't read the Bible Yes . Why should it matter lololol , Could it be that you want to use the information against the christians ?

Balthasar21
06-16-2007, 09:18 AM
Does anyone have the overstanding of the word '' Rabb '' ?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.