/* */

PDA

View Full Version : He cannot catch up

*~Sofia~*
06-04-2007, 03:32 PM
:sl:

Ubaidullah bin Umar Qawariri said," I never missed the evening congregational prayer (prayer with Jamath). But once a guest came to my house and I remained in his company until late.

I went out, looking for any mosque in Basra at which I could catch the evening prayer, but to no avail. The people had all prayed and gone home.

I returned to my house,saying to myself,'It is reported in tradition that congregational prayer is twenty-seven times more excellent than individual prayer.'

So I prayed the evening prayer twenty-seven times over and slept.

I saw in a dream that I was with a group of people who were racing on horses, and I was also racing with them on my horse but my horse was falling behind.

I kicked my horse to catch up with them but I could not. One of the riders turned to me and said,"Do not urge your horse, for you will not be able to catch up with us."

I said,"Why not?" He replied,"We prayed evening in congregation and you prayed it alone!" Therefore, I learned a lesson and was deeply grieved."

source: www.islamcan.com

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.