/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Face or feet?...

*~Sofia~*
06-04-2007, 03:44 PM
:sl:

Once a Muslim scholar was flying to a country in an airplane.

When the time for salah came, he went to the bathroom to make wudhu (ablution).

Since, the bathrooms in airplanes are very small, he had to open the door to lift up his foot to the sink.

An air hostess came to him and told him not to wash his feet in the sink because they are dirty.

The scholar calmly asked the hostess "How many times do you wash your face?"

The hostess replied "Usually once or twice."

Then the scholar replied "I wash my feet five times a day for prayers, Therefore, my feet are cleaner than your face."

The purpose of this story is not to get a good laugh.. :D

However, it teaches us how regular we should be about prayers.

It also shows us how to deal with non Muslim comments regarding wudhu!

source: islamcan.com

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
m102313
06-04-2007, 03:48 PM

Subha'allah.

That was really good question.

samsam
06-04-2007, 03:51 PM
a very good answer!!

Khayal
06-04-2007, 05:13 PM

Then the scholar replied "I wash my feet five times a day for prayers, Therefore, my feet are cleaner than your face." :D

Good, jazaak ALLAH khayr.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Kittygyal
06-04-2007, 08:16 PM
Salamualikum.

'Then the scholar replied "I wash my feet five times a day for prayers, Therefore, my feet are cleaner than your face."
SUBHNALLAH!!!!!!

Ma'assalama

England
06-04-2007, 09:55 PM
Still.... feet, clean or not... +o(

MuslimWays
06-04-2007, 10:07 PM
Don't think anyone should say this to anyone, specially to a non-muslim, sounds very arrogant n rude.

m102313
06-04-2007, 10:09 PM
What about the non muslim, why is she telling the brother to stop doing wudhu ?

If she tells him to stop, obviously he's gonna try and fight back.

England
06-04-2007, 10:14 PM
Um... this hasn't happened. Nobody will be told not to wash their feet in the sink. How is the hostess going to know? Would you ask her to come inside the toilet with you? You can wash your arse in the sink for all they care :rollseyes

MuslimWays
06-04-2007, 10:17 PM
The lady's a non-muslim... the scholars a Muslim... which one of them has the brain? lolz

Anyways it's not a tru story anyway, if it is then why didn't the scholar lock the toilet door? ai ai?

Mesmerise
06-06-2007, 04:37 PM
:D thats funny, but the responses are way funnier, i agree with MuslimWays, although its probably just a fictitious story, it could have been said with more tact :)

.:Umniyah:.
06-06-2007, 04:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mesmerise
:D thats funny, but the responses are way funnier, i agree with MuslimWays, although its probably just a fictitious story, it could have been said with more tact :)
well why be so considerate of a people who clearly has no regrade to the fact that ALLAH tells us to do this. We need to stop putting these people in such consideration, especially when they are clearly mocking and makign off the wall comments at things we're suppose to do. Wisdom in every situation yes, but sometimes you have to be witty and just silence their stupidity.

sides' would you go to a non muslim after he comes out frm the bathroom and say " did you make istinja?" would you? , lets see " excuse me sir, did you wash your private parts with water before leaving the restroom?"...yea right, you wouldnt do that. even tho they are SUPPOSE to do it because Allah commanded us to, moreless someone telling you about what you CANT do.

Mesmerise
06-06-2007, 04:52 PM
No, i didnt mean it in that way, sure, we do need to joke and i know someone who woulda said the exact same thing. But i was saying it so that not everyone would decide to make some comment to every non muslim they meet, cause otherwise they would not know anything about our deen. There are many stories like this, but i just meant that sometimes we should remember that we are portraying Islam, therefore need to give the best view we can :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.