/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Quick, BEAT the Imam

Abu Muslim
06-04-2007, 08:05 PM
In the name of Allah, the Watchful, the Judge

Not literally, I mean in prayer. What is it with people who pray like its the olympics. This applies to brothers mostly in the masjid, following the imam though can apply to sisters who pray in jama'ah also.

No matter what happens, you cannot beat the imam, you cant leave till he is finished, so whats the rush.

Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him): “Do not bow until he bows, do not prostrate until he prostrates [meaning the imam].”

He [SAW] also said:“Does the one who raises his head before the imam not fear that Allaah may turn his head into the head of a donkey, or make his form like that of a donkey?”

So ayuhal muminoon, please dont try to beat the imam *smiles*

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
------
06-04-2007, 08:06 PM
:salamext:

Yeh i saw sum people quikly doing salam n rushing off i mean whats that important, more important than prayer?! ~ :-\

'Abd al-Baari
06-04-2007, 08:08 PM
:sl:

Mashallah good reminder..also it's wrong to go ahead of the imam..for example it is wrong to go into Sajdah before the imam has said Allahu Akbar which some people do

Allahu A'lam

Kittygyal
06-04-2007, 08:10 PM
Salamualikum.
Good thread indeed. Shukran Ya Akhi :)

What if one has to perform salah and then has to leave ergent like have to go work or somewhere but stopped by in a masjid to perform salah, So basically am trying to say is it not good for that person to be ahead the Imam?

Anywho FIRST thing we will be questioned about on Day Of Judgement is 'SALAH!'

Ya Allah forgive us! AMin

Ma'assalama

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
lilah
06-04-2007, 08:16 PM
i just try to keep my head down and try not to judge other's sala for fear that Allah (swt) won't accept mine. people forget, maybe can't hear the imam, maybe get caught up in worship in salah, i doubt they intenionally try to beat the imam :)

Abu Muslim
06-05-2007, 03:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kittygyal
Salamualikum.
Good thread indeed. Shukran Ya Akhi :)

What if one has to perform salah and then has to leave ergent like have to go work or somewhere but stopped by in a masjid to perform salah, So basically am trying to say is it not good for that person to be ahead the Imam?

Anywho FIRST thing we will be questioned about on Day Of Judgement is 'SALAH!'

Ya Allah forgive us! AMin

Ma'assalama

Walaykum Salam ukhtee..

The salah should not be rushed, it is your link with the creator

Also, the person cant actually ever finish the prayer before the imaam..so even if they are in a rush, you cant ever beat him because you have to wait till he is finished [this is if praying in jama'ah]

islamirama
06-05-2007, 03:22 PM
Many Muslims are truly ignorant and misguided today. It's rather funny how the Imaam says Allahu Akbar as he is moving to the next position and some people jump to it before he gets there, like how they dive into sajood and fly back up like their life depended on it.

One guy stood up in the khutbah and told the imaam to stop his khutbah, he is over his time limit. talk about ignorance!

- Qatada -
06-05-2007, 03:24 PM
:salamext:

Subhaan Allaah so true! akhi the title to the thread is really funny lol, but it catches your attention alhamdulillah.

vpb
06-05-2007, 03:26 PM
:sl:

i thought there was gonna be some 'Flash' game on beating the imam.
but yea, i've seen it many times. :s very bad habit.
may Allah guide us. Ameen

Kittygyal
06-05-2007, 04:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abu Muslimah

Walaykum Salam ukhtee..

The salah should not be rushed, it is your link with the creator

Also, the person cant actually ever finish the prayer before the imaam..so even if they are in a rush, you cant ever beat him because you have to wait till he is finished [this is if praying in jama'ah]
Salamualikum.
Never mind allah knows best.
Ma'assalama

Mesmerise
06-05-2007, 04:18 PM
:hmm: Jazak`Allah for posting, and Abu Muslimah, i want to ask you something but i have to wait for 50 posts.

lilah
06-05-2007, 05:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamirama
Many Muslims are truly ignorant and misguided today. It's rather funny how the Imaam says Allahu Akbar as he is moving to the next position and some people jump to it before he gets there, like how they dive into sajood and fly back up like their life depended on it.

One guy stood up in the khutbah and told the imaam to stop his khutbah, he is over his time limit. talk about ignorance!
Remember guidance comes from Allah (SWT).

06-05-2007, 06:28 PM
nice post

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.