/* */

PDA

View Full Version : global peace unity 2007 is back.....

Helena
06-04-2007, 10:06 PM
:sl:

Islam channel proudly presents that global peace unity will take place on the 25th and 26th of August inshAllah....

Another exciting two day event for the ummah....

The information of lecturers, nasheed artist, politicians are not available yet....but will keep u updated on this inshAllah...

well for me its a annual event that i attend with my family....plus this time if Dr Zakir Naiks coming...inshAllah...i'll be going inshAllah....

:D :D ...two whole months and something weeks to go....:D ...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Aziaf
06-08-2007, 10:13 PM
:sl: :sl: :sl: :D :sl: :D :sl: :D :sl: :D :sl: :D

Salaaamm seriously for real????

Wohoo
How comes its early this year?

:sl: :w: :D :w: :D :w: :D

ummAbdillah
06-08-2007, 10:17 PM
i fear that there may a lot of free-misxing and so-called Islamic Songs like the GPU that took place last year.
:X so count me out :X
i hope that inshallah those of you who decide to go will benefit :)
:w:

iwuvaziaf
06-08-2007, 10:30 PM
jazakallah LABBAYK..

i think they annouced quite early that the event will take place in August but i hadnt realised dates were confirmed.. wowie!! atleast it wont clash with studies this time..!

Aziaf, get ur skates on and lets get our fitness level to the top... we got loads of work to dooo..ooooh! inshaAllah!

format_quote Originally Posted by sister-aisha
i fear that there may a lot of free-misxing and so-called Islamic Songs like the GPU that took place last year.
easily avoided.. keep yer head down.. there's so much more than that minority which free mix.. the exhibition, talks, etc etc etc... did i mention etcetera!!!!

salamaleykummm!!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Mesmerise
06-15-2007, 02:05 PM
Might just watch it on Islam channel instead of trekking to London :D

MuslimSis&proud
06-15-2007, 02:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aziaf

Wohoo

salaam im also exited too,:) lol i went last year and it was quite good, although there was abit of free-mixing, but other than that i thought it was alright. Im not sure but i heard its gonna be in August can someone please confirm if thats correct and could you give more details if you can, jazakAllah.

iwuvaziaf
06-15-2007, 02:19 PM
dates are in the first post of this thread

wsalam

Salama
06-15-2007, 02:22 PM
Omgggggg its back so early oh wow...i missed da last 1 watched it live but this tym by the will of Allah azawajal im going! Do keep us updated sis!

MuslimSis&proud
06-15-2007, 02:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by iwuvaziaf
dates are in the first post of this thread

wsalam
lol thanks i some how missed it :-[

Salaam
06-15-2007, 08:35 PM
Assalamu Alaikum,

try to aviod this event, lot of fitnah. e.g Music, free mixing, sister screeming (upon seeing sami yusuf, outladish etc. totally imitating the kuffer), claping and the list can go on................................................ ..............................................

m102313
06-15-2007, 08:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aziaf

Wohoo

I think they doing it early this year because they want to do it during the Summer Holidays, so the kids can come and enjoy as well.

S_87
06-15-2007, 08:45 PM

do they have a site where we can see whos going to be there?

Aziaf
06-15-2007, 09:38 PM

There is not a site set up just yet, but some information on the islam channel website.

www.islamchannel.tv

Aziaf
06-15-2007, 09:44 PM
:sl: :D :sl:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Assalamu Alaikum,

try to aviod this event, lot of fitnah. e.g Music, free mixing, sister screeming (upon seeing sami yusuf, outladish etc. totally imitating the kuffer), claping and the list can go on................................................ ..............................................
Isnt it worth it to see people like Dr zahkhir Naik, Sh khalid Yasin and Yasir Qadi ect ...

i know sisters get over excited..but thats sometin we ned to adres and work on, not boycott. If muslim sisters behaved themselves and brothers stopped oogling and loweredthere gaze it would be much better i agree. Bt doesnt mean we abandon it completely. Go to the talks and event that u want and lave out the concert and other stuf to avoid fitnah ect.

If we dont go and remind people and set a standard, more and more practcig muslims will remain at home and there will not be enough peolple to represent real islamic characteristics,whcih is dangerous especially since there are also many non-muslims that attend.

:w: :D :w:

-S-
06-15-2007, 10:28 PM
its in November now the GPU Not August as advertised. Got told this from someone who works at Islam Channel :)

Helena
06-16-2007, 11:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by -S-
its in November now the GPU Not August as advertised. Got told this from someone who works at Islam Channel :)
huh....:uuh: imsad ...Are u kidding me?....:enough!: ...

wots the point advertising it in the first place and taking everybodies vote for either august/ novomber.....that is silly maan....

afriend2
06-16-2007, 12:07 PM

Eek! That's a shame if it's in November!

Have they put up a notice on the site?

:peace:

rushsjilbab
06-16-2007, 01:58 PM

i want to go just for the lectures and the speeches by the sheikhs as i find them benefiting and helps me to increase my iman and knowledge. but then i dont want to go because i think instruments are totally haram and dont want to listen to some nasheeds. :rollseyes

Salaam
06-16-2007, 10:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by rushsjilbab

i want to go just for the lectures and the speeches by the sheikhs as i find them benefiting and helps me to increase my iman and knowledge. but then i dont want to go because i think instruments are totally haram and dont want to listen to some nasheeds. :rollseyes

Assalamu Alaikum,

you can always watch the lectures from home, and when the music comes on just turn the tv OFF.

rushsjilbab
06-17-2007, 02:17 PM
yer i did that last year but coz i didnt know when the lectures where going to be on i missed most of them:cry: . do they have a timetable or sumthing?

ummAbdillah
06-17-2007, 02:23 PM
:sl: ^ they had a timetable last year, but
they never stuck to it :giggling: There was more nasheeds and less lectures.
I will watch the lectures form home inshallah, :)
despite the musical intruments, it's still a great event. There is always room for improvement...I hope and pray that the muslims that do attend benifit greatly!

-S-
06-17-2007, 06:46 PM
We may have a stall again this year so watch out for us inshallah

Will have islamicboard Stall aswell combined with our other services :)

undecided yet!

m102313
06-17-2007, 06:54 PM

Insha'allah i'll surely come and check that out.

jannat
06-17-2007, 10:38 PM

its great thats it back. its a shame i cant really make it to london to see it. I hope it will be even better than next yr inshallah. i usually watch it on islam channel alhamdulillah. may allah tala bless the organisers and ppl of the channel inshallah, i have learnt alot abt islam through the channel alhamdulillah.
i reali enjoyed listenin to sheikh yasir qadhi, imam shauib webb, imran khan (in first GPU event), sheikh yusuf estes etc.
The nasheeds are good also.:)

Helena
07-22-2007, 12:12 PM
IT HAS been confirmed that GPU will take place on the 24th and 25th of November inshAllah...

Helena
09-11-2007, 10:03 AM
The Global Peace & Unity Event 2007

24 to 25 Nov 2007

public

http://www.theglobalunity.com

The 3rd annual Global Peace and Unity Event - the biggest multicultural saga of the year is back and will be held on the 24th and 25th November at Excel London.

Opening Times:
Saturday 24th November 2007
Exhibition Area: 10:00am –8:00pm
Main Arena: 5:00pm – 10:00pm

Sunday 25th November 2007
Exhibition Area: 10:00am – 8:00 pm
Main Arena: 11:00am – 8:00pm

Ticket Details:
Admission Prices for The Global Peace & Unity Event 2007 (All prices are in £ Pounds Sterling and include VAT at 17.5% and exclude any postal charges):

Advance Bookings:
2 Day Adult - £15.00
2 Day Child* - £7.50
Prices valid till 31st October 2007

From the 1st November & at the Venue (On Site Purchases):
2 Day Adult - £20.00
2 Day Child* - £10.00

*Children aged 5 to 12 years old. Children aged under 5 years old are FREE. Children under 5 years of age must be accompanied by an adult ticket holder.

This flagship event, which is entertaining, educational and family oriented, includes high profile international speakers including celebrity guests, live entertainment, nasheed concert, the biggest Islamic exhibition including the grand exhibition of the two holy mosque, workshops, seminars, kids zone, multicultural cuisine, awards and competitions.

Official Partners : Islam Channel

Organiser: The Global Peace & Unity Events Ltd

Organiser Tel: +44 (0) 207 374 4511

Organiser Fax: +44 (0) 207 374 2311

For more information call: +44 (0) 207 374 4511

Email: events@theglobalunity.com

source: http://www.excel-london.co.uk/en/vis...html?event=710

UnknownMuslim
09-11-2007, 09:16 PM
^ JazakAllah for the information.

I wish they would update their site. I wonder if they are looking for volunteers

Helena
09-11-2007, 10:25 PM
i think perhaps after Ramadan/Eid....islam channel will look deeper into their events....( soo mid october)...announcing speakers/nasheed artist....and def updating their site inshAllah....( plus speakers/nasheeds are not confirmed yet)...

volunteering..erm its better to email islam channel to know more about it inshAllah...they'll def require it in the event....am hoping to take this opportunity...lets see inshAllah...

wa'iyyakum

helenstam85
09-13-2007, 10:03 AM
It is really a good new for all the world ,isn't it?
Muslim friends, you are welcome to visit my blogs at LINK REMOVED and give me your valuable suggestion.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
09-14-2007, 08:21 PM
Man I don't think US has islam channel does it? I've never seen it. So i usually watch on you tube...the bits and pieces...lol

Neelam92
09-14-2007, 08:39 PM
awwwwwwww i really really want to go i really wanted to go last time too but mum doesnt let me :hmm:
and i dont think she will let me this time too
oh well

anyway i will hope to watch it on islam channel inshallah
hope all the people who r going enjoy it

take care
:peace:

farhan2
09-16-2007, 01:42 PM
I was there last year.. but i was very busy.. i had a stall, it was called Maniac Muslim.. we were very close to the Kiswah (cloth that covers the kaaba)..
But yea we were selling shirts with 'your mum....' at the front and 'has heaven beneath her feet' at the back..
And also I was selling my paintings.. alhamdulillah from that prospective it was cool.. otherwise i cant say.. didnt really get time to go around and have a look.. i was always at the stall.
And by the looks of it... its not going th happen this year.. as the cost is very very expensive.. regular size stall costs £780.. and i cant cover the cost just by selling my paintings.
iA next year :)

Salaam
09-16-2007, 01:44 PM
so how much did it cost for a stall last year?

farhan2
09-16-2007, 01:47 PM
about the same price.. but beacuse i wasnt doing it alone i.e. i was with three other bros.. we split the cost..
and unfortunatly not in that position this year..:(

-S-
09-16-2007, 03:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by farhan
I was there last year.. but i was very busy.. i had a stall, it was called Maniac Muslim.. we were very close to the Kiswah (cloth that covers the kaaba)..
But yea we were selling shirts with 'your mum....' at the front and 'has heaven beneath her feet' at the back..
And also I was selling my paintings.. alhamdulillah from that prospective it was cool.. otherwise i cant say.. didnt really get time to go around and have a look.. i was always at the stall.
And by the looks of it... its not going th happen this year.. as the cost is very very expensive.. regular size stall costs £780.. and i cant cover the cost just by selling my paintings.
iA next year :)

lol who is u then? Hamza? or...
i was on the MM stall too (muslimdot) :O

farhan2
09-16-2007, 03:24 PM
lol who is u then? Hamza? or...
i was on the MM stall too (muslimdot) :O
haha im Humza's Cus, i was next to him.. selling my paintings and the bracelts..:smile:

Pk_#2
10-18-2007, 03:27 PM
You was next to eachother and you didn't talk, :o|

farhan2
10-19-2007, 01:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umma Wasat
You was next to eachother and you didn't talk, :o|

We probably did talk, just that.. we didnt know who each other were.. like on here..
But no worries..

But I have good news peep.. I will have my work there :) yay..
its not my stall the stall will be called HIBAH the bro is seleing tailored jubbahs etcetc.. and im just on the side.. hes helping me out.. more news will come soon iA..
but its definate now.. i will be there.. so look out for the stall HIBAH..

ill tell you the story later iA

farhan2
10-19-2007, 02:03 PM
Salaams..

iv put this in the art thread aswell.. but as its about GPU i added it in here aswell

BIG NEWS BIG NEWS BIG NEWS

some really amazing news i had to share with you peeps

Today a really good friend of mine came to my house while i was actually on my way to Seven Kings.. going to see family.. but anyway... he came to my house and wanted to take a few paintings which he was going to auction at St Georges Hospital/isoc etc UK so his intentions were to take around two or three and auction them and ended up taking 7 paintings of mine.. to use the rest for display..
So while that was going on.. I was meeting my mother at aunts house in Seven Kings to see the brother who is helping me out at GPU, he lived close by.. Gants Hill I think it was.. so alhamdulillah thats going all smoothly iA.. which is cool
Then about half an hour later I got the amazing news... the auction had gone on for around 2 hours and the brother from St Georges hospital rang me to tell me, well he goes the good news or the bad news., I say bad news first and he replies there is non.. then the good news..

Are you ready for this haha.. hold on to your seats.. hahaha cos i nearly fainted.. but i survived..

From the 7 paintings he took and originally only wanting to auction 2 or 3 of them.. in the end they auctioned all of them and i was ecstatic.. like wow omgosh... so subhanAllah i though wicked they must have made a few hundred pounds.. all money was for charity but i was wrong.. i was waaaaayyyyyy offf..

They raised (now take a deep breath) you ready.... £3000............ :blink: :blink: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... :wow: :wow: :wow:
you got that right.. THREE THOUSAND POUNDS.. and i was seriously in major shock.. :wow: :wow: and alhamdulillah.. from that he handed out a few of my cards and now I have another 10 orders or so.. :dance: :dance: :dance:
and honestly i dont have the time to do them :lol: .. but i will soon iA..

But thats the big news.. 7 paintings of mine were able to raise £3000 for charity.. unfortunately i couldn't be there.. but i would have loved to see it happen.. i had other business to attend to as you know..
But SubhannAllah all I can do is thank Allah for guiding me and giving me the opportunity to do something so small for something so big..
I am over the moon.. my hearts pumping like mad.. this is where I feel like becoming a full time artist haha.. but there you are peeps..
iA hope you liked the good news everyone..

And i have only ever auctioned a painting for charity once before and that was also good but it was a while ago..

But seriously peeps.. iA.. im going to be working on some more auction pieces iA. in the future.. when i told my family and parents.. they were like :blink: :blink: wow :D

sevgi
10-19-2007, 03:47 PM
i voted no...

lol..im in Australia...:D

sudais1
10-27-2007, 05:43 PM
any brothers going,

Im coming from Canada for the event so Im wondering if any bro's from here are going?

*Maysun
10-28-2007, 08:41 PM
i went last year to GPU and i was like why did i go ..

there are some nasheeds with instruments..

espeically Sound of REason telling the truth i thought it was music

S_87
11-01-2007, 12:49 PM

the line up sucks, they having more and more women talking and from the looks theres gonna be music

Al-Hanbali
11-01-2007, 03:52 PM
:salamext:

Sheikh Mishary Rashid el-Efasy, Muhammad al-Shareef, Usama al-Safi are going to be there.

Isma'el
11-02-2007, 04:32 PM
Wate Of Money & Time..!!!!

*Maysun
11-03-2007, 12:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Isma'el
Wate Of Money & Time..!!!!
TRUEEE!!!!!!!

farhan2
11-04-2007, 02:38 PM
I was to busy to actually take in what was going around and on.. I was just on my stall was very busy my art sold out in two days. that was something.. the first time I did an art stall ever to sell my work.. i never thought it would be such a big hit.. alhamdulillah. but anyway I have a stall this year aswell. ok its not mine exactly but the bro im joining with he sells tailored abayas and my art will be in that stall and ill be around so look out for the stall peeps.. Its called HIBAH, we are going to be next to the qiswah.. as I was last time which was great.. but anyway so look out for the stall peeps.. HIBAH and then you see the art in there. it will all be my work. Ill be there aswell.. just loafing about.. any q's or queries about my work.. then youll be directed to me so you can ask...and meet me iA.
And if you want to buy a piece aswell.

$tranger
11-14-2007, 08:03 AM
i knew it wouldn't be true, Sheikh Mishary Rashid al-Efasy is not longer going to be @ the GPU and can't blame him for that :-\
he is no longer on the list... http://www.theglobalunity.com/Speakers.php

sabah
11-14-2007, 06:37 PM
wish i was going :( me mam sed i can go with sum1 responsible problem is i dont no any1 like that!!!
plus geting the train is sooo expensive.

------
11-14-2007, 07:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Salaam
Assalamu Alaikum,

:salamext:

Agreed! :thumbs_up

farhan2
11-29-2007, 09:04 PM
So who went.. what did you think..
I was there
1. didnt get time to go to the nasheed hall and talks
but glad i didnt go.. heard all the girls were screaming so want too good

2 was very busy again on stall so im glad i kept myself busy

3. too much fitnah.. man it was crazy fitnah..

4. next year ill have my own stall iA

so who else went

-S-
11-29-2007, 10:33 PM
this was alrite inshallah had no stall this year so got to see everything in full view

next year ia may have islamicboard stall :D

Helena
11-29-2007, 11:32 PM
unfortunately i cud'nt attend the event but watching it live from islam channel has given moi a different view of the event and all i can say peace conference held in mumbai organised by Dr zakir Naik was more beneficial...Allahu Akbaar..

MuslimWays
12-06-2007, 09:19 PM
You can watch day 2 of peace conference in full on: http://muslimways.com/component/opti...ctlink/id,161/

farhan2
12-13-2007, 06:56 PM
Jazaks for that ^ been looking to watch it..iA.. watch it after iv broken up.. got soo much uni work:(

Re.TiReD
12-13-2007, 07:00 PM
this was alrite inshallah had no stall this year so got to see everything in full view

next year ia may have islamicboard stall :D
AssalamuAlaykum!

Wow Masha'Allah, how would that work?

abs
12-14-2007, 09:08 PM
i went

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.