/* */

PDA

View Full Version : please help. and wits end

anonymous
06-05-2007, 09:21 AM
:sl: brothers and sisters.
i am sufering from what i call a chronic wiswaas, that i just can't seem to break. it is causing me to go crazy to the exten that i have thought of suicide. i reaaly don't know what to do. the thing is when i pray, and sometimes during wodoo, i just can't seem to get the words out, or perform the actions. like i become tounge tid, espcially during takbeerat ul ihraam, al-faatihah, and the tashahhud, and the tasleem. by allah, iam seriously going nuts. its time for ishha right now, but im sooo nervous to pray. it took me an hour to pray fajr and magrib. i feel that i can never get over this, and even when i do, i fear that it will come back. even worse is that i have this weaness upon weakness, and i feel like giving in, only if i do i know that it will get musch worse. advice please.
jazakallahu khair.
:sl:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Helena
06-05-2007, 09:45 AM
i remember this quote....

'Allah test those whom he loves the most'.....Hope this helps....inshAllah...

you will be remebered in my dua inshAllah..May Allah(swt) make it easy for you...inshAllah...

IbnAbdulHakim
06-05-2007, 09:52 AM
wa alaikum ussalaam wa rahmatullah

subhanAllah, im thinking about the amount of reward you must be getting.

well i read a hadith in riyadh us-saliheen which is saheeh inshaAllah in which its stated from the prophet sallallahi alaihi wasallaam that the one who tries to recite Quran whilst finding it difficult to pronounce the words gets double the reward....

and you've been doing this for hours per salaah? may Allah grant you the highest jannah inshaAllah! Ameen

subhanAllah i cant help but envy your determination.... may Allah reward you jannah next to rasoolullah sallallahi alaihi wasallaam Ameen

------
06-05-2007, 09:57 AM
:salamext:

Maybe u can 'think' the words in ur head? I mean visualise them or say them out but not physically but in ur head lolz, i mean Allaah swt knows ur intention so I think u are allowed to do that?

EDIT: Ameen to the dua

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Helena
06-05-2007, 09:57 AM
Ameen...:)

Umar bin al-khattab reprted that the Prophet ( saw) said:

" When you visit a sick person, ask him to pray for you since a sick person's prayer is like that of the angels."..subanAllah...

anonymous
06-05-2007, 11:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
wa alaikum ussalaam wa rahmatullah

subhanAllah, im thinking about the amount of reward you must be getting.

well i read a hadith in riyadh us-saliheen which is saheeh inshaAllah in which its stated from the prophet sallallahi alaihi wasallaam that the one who tries to recite Quran whilst finding it difficult to pronounce the words gets double the reward....

and you've been doing this for hours per salaah? may Allah grant you the highest jannah inshaAllah! Ameen

subhanAllah i cant help but envy your determination.... may Allah reward you jannah next to rasoolullah sallallahi alaihi wasallaam Ameen

well first of all, jazakallahu khair for your replies. i especially liked this one quoted. well alhamdulilah, i got through ishaa, and it wasn't as bad as i thought it would be.
its has gotten so bad right, that my life revolves around my prayers. now, alhamduliah that it does, some peoples lives revolve around school/study, tv, etc. however, i am not happy with the fact that it revovles around my prayers , BECAUSE of the wiswaas. let me give you an example. if we are invited for lunch, i reckon or know that we will be staying for a long time, than i may go, but if i know that we will be coming and going at the times close to prayers, than i will not go. actually, come to think of it, it is casuing me to be abit anti social. another example is, well when i book my doctors appotments, i make sure that they are in the after fajr/before dhuhr time slot, like in the morning, as i cannot trust that it will take me five mins to pray. i can't book appointments in the afternoons. I can't even visit my frends, 'cos i know i will take soo long to pray, the only time i visit my friends would be at the time of when i am excused from my prayers (i hope you get the drift). another example is last wek we decided to visit our sister, who lives three hours away. i was contemplating on whether i should go or not, beause i didn't know if i would be finished praying dhuhr and asr joined (we were planning on leaaving after my brother came back form jum'ah). then i thought, no!! beause allah has not made praying anymore esier by allowing the travellar to join/his her prayers.

anyways, i have also notied that because of this wiswaas that i am begining to decresse in other acts of worship, like sunnah prayers, i feel lazy to read the quraan, etc. does allah like take these things away, when he sees that im exxegerating in prayer. is this like a onsequene of following my wiswaas.

and now i will tell you about how it all started, which was about 6 months ago. step by step. which is exatly the method of shytaan. well, when i was reading certain surahs, there was certain letters that i think that i was saying wrong, so naturally, i reapeaed them, then it satarted to get a liitle weirder. like for example when people were around and these wiswaas would occur, i would naturally stop, as i was emabassed of what they would think (i actaully couldn't help this, it just sort of hapened) of me being so reapetitive, so i thought i was showing off by stopping, so this lead me to close all the doors and not let anyone in the room that i was praying in, until i had finished, so that i wouldn't be 'showing off.' and Allah help them if they did. up to now if anyone enters the room, i cut my off my prayers and just go off at them. i can't help it. seriously. even the simplest noises irritate me whilst praying, even if it is in another room, or even if t is outside, like the niose of machinery, a dog barking, etc. you know, iam worried about what will happen when i have kids, im going to go mad. I am also worried about how these habits will rub off onto other people. what if my kids grow up thinking that it is essental to pray with the doors closed. like my neices are quite young, and i don't want them to think that this is what praying does to you. and yeah, thats what lead to the stuation i am in now. anyways so that lead me to say things compulsivley (thinking that i hadn't said the right things), which lead me to get frustrated, which got me to pause, as in when one sighs, which lead me to being togue tied.
and of ouse it just gets worse and worse during the prayer. like i satrt ym preyers atleast five times. it's really bad i have noticed in the last rak'ah and especially towards the tasleem.
it was really bad this arvo, as it was beginning to affeect me phsically, and that is like feeling really nervous, which sort of causes funny things regarding digestion.
I was thinking right that the way to get over my 'tounge tied habit' was to think about something else to distract me so that i can say my takberratul ihraam, without pauing or starting again. so what do you think i should think about.

anyways, thats it form me for now.

jazakallahu khair, and please make sincere dua for me. no, really do.

Pk_#2
06-05-2007, 01:06 PM
"O my Sustainer! Open up my heart [to Thy light],
and make my task easy for me,
and loosen the knot from my tongue
so that they might fully understand my speech”(20:25-28)

Ameen (say Ameen)

O son of Adam, so long as you call upon Me and ask of Me, I shall forgive you for what you have done, and I shall not mind. O son of Adam, were your sins to reach the clouds of the sky and were you then to ask forgiveness of Me, I would forgive you. O son of Adam, were you to come to Me with sins nearly as great as the earth and were you then to face Me, ascribing no partner to Me, I would bring you forgiveness nearly as great at it. It was related by at-Tirmidhi (also by Ahmad ibn Hanbal)

And slacken not in following up the enemy: If you are suffering hardships, they are suffering similar hardships; but you have Hope from Allah, while they have none. And Allah is full of knowledge and wisdom. (4: 104)

"He that fears Allah may be provided a way out by Him, and given sustenance from the sources he could never imagine; for Allah is all sufficient for the person who puts his trust in Him."
(Al-Quran, Chapter 65, Verses 2,3)

“…open up my heart to Your light, and make my task easy for me…” 20:25-26

Ameen (Say Ameen)

AsalamUALyakum WArahmatullahi Wabarakatuh Wa Maghfiratuh.

IbnAbdulHakim
06-05-2007, 01:15 PM
subhanAllah, la adri, i really dont want to speak without knowledge.

i will make dua' for you, i hope Allah makes things easier for you inshaAllah.

may Allah grant you an easy path to jannah, Ameen !

anonymous
06-06-2007, 10:35 AM

jazakallahu khair, and thanks for the ayahs sis.

Abdul Fattah
06-06-2007, 11:39 AM
Here's some quick thoughts. You shouldn't worry about others thinking you're showing off. You're not responsible for the misinterpretation other people have. If your intention is pure, you can be sure it won't be a problem since every action is judged by it's intention. So the best way is to completely ignore ignore what others might or might not think.

I used to have a lot of problems with prayer to. Sometimes it took more then an hour to pray! But alhamdoelillah that has stopped now. Here are some tricks: Every time the shaytan bothers you, do extra suplications that you would otherwise not do. That way, eventually shaytan will stop bothering you because he knows he will only increase your reward by bothering you.

There's this story of a guy that went to fadjr prayer in jamaat and halfway trips and falls into a muddpool and then goes back to change closes and goes to jamaat again, trips a second time, changes clothes again and goes back again. Then a guy comes and he's carrying a lantern and offers to walk with him so he wouldn't trip a third time. When they reach the mesjid the guy with the lantern doesn't come in. The guy asks why, and he answers I am shaytan. "So why did you help me?" Shaytan replies. the first time I made you trip, and when you went back Allah subhana wa ta'ala rewarded you by taking away all your sins and giving you blessings. The second time I made you trip and you went back again then Allah rewarded your whole household with the same as he rewarded you. So I was afraid that the third time he'd reward the whole community so I made sure you wouldn't fall again.

Also, brother do you know about the forgetfullness suplication? there are certain cases where your prayer is still valid after making certain mistakes by making an extra suplication at the end. I don't have any links present that explains when this can be done and how it should be done. But inshaAllah I have some time later in teh day to look some up for you, or maybe other members here have some links they could share.

May Allah subhana wa ta'ala make it easy for you and may he reward you for your struggle.

Abdul Fattah
06-06-2007, 11:50 AM
I just did a google
Here's a good start inshaAllah
http://www.al-sunnah.com/pdf/sahw.pdf
http://www.islamweb.net/ver2/Fatwa/F...ng=E&CatId=154
http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundamen...ed/pp2_16.html

Umm Yoosuf
06-06-2007, 12:00 PM
Edit:

Already posted!

Abdul Fattah
06-06-2007, 12:02 PM
The first link of me previous post is a direct download for the PDF-version of the Book that Al-Mu'minah mentioned.

anonymous
06-11-2007, 11:24 AM
ALHAMDULIAH, i am much better since the last time i posted. i have finially realised that i have limits and that i cannot spent too much time praying otherwise i may just turn around and hate it (may allah protect me from that) and that prayer it too too important, and it is one of the most impotant things that one needs to be moderate in, because i swaer by allah, if performed properly, it is the most comforting thing. even if it is not performed properly (what i mean is like for someone who has wiswaas, and cannot concentrate properly), it is still a comfort.
jazakallahu khair for alll your advice.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!